Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#961 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

"Why is calling for gun claims not scummy?"

Well, for starters, brainbomb isn't the gunsmith, as you so kindly made clear yourself. If you believe he is, then you are contradicting yourself, but that doesn't really matter - I don't believe he is. As such, there is no gunsmith to confirm or clear unless the actual gunsmith chose to out the person they gunned. Given that there are three guns left out of four to be given out, that is absurdly stupid. It would not be in the gunsmith's best interest to risk losing those three guns by claiming now in order to clear themselves rather than trusting the person that they gunned to make the right decision and trusting the rest of us to elicit a claim out of that person so that that gun that they silently gave out doesn't sneak off into the night without being shot, lest it gets forgotten in the fray. Therefore, we should be pressuring people to claim their gun because the gunsmith is not going to do so.

Even if brainbomb happens to be the gunsmith, he would be stupid to confirm it. If we assume that he isn't lying when he said he wasn't RBed, which is a very safe assumption since there is no point in holding that back, he got a gun out, and as I just mentioned, he has three left. He knows who he gunned. Giving them the opportunity to shoot him is a risk he took by gunning them. Wasting his other three guns in order to take the safe bet of outing them at clear detriment to himself when he already took the risk by gunning that person in the first place makes absolutely no sense. It would be better to simply not gun if he were that uncertain of his reads.

So, either way you slice this proverbial pie, you're wrong and I'm right.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#962 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 am

##vote MLQ

Reasoning in my EON post. In sum, she tried hard to save Jamiet, and she seems to want to discredit me no matter what.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#963 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 am

The third possibility here is, of course, that one of the RBed players is the gunsmith and they are well aware that their gun was never given. That is unlikely, though, and even if it were the case, they don't know if the nurse RBed them or if the mafia RBed them. They don't know if they're going to keep getting RBed or if they can survive at least a few more nights with their power intact by not claiming simply to give us some information that will clear our collective conscience. It would not be wise for them to claim if there was no gun given out, and it is perfectly valid that they should be the only one to know that for the foreseeable future.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#964 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:19 am

I agree with Bo. If you are Gunned, you need to come forward and claim that you were gunned immediately. People who hide guns are Scum, especially where mafia have a Stalker.

brainbomb

#965 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:19 am

I dont really see why were talking about this instead of reevaluating the game knowing maniac is clear. That certainly helps us. Not only that hes clear but hes a non pr clear. So we have 5 PR even tho we lost one. I consider a clear as valuable as a PR.

Our clears out number the scums remaining members. Which means we should use today to lynch for as much info as possible. Balki being roleblocked as a counter wagon to Jamie probably should be something to evaluate later. And only if balki is still.alive like day 27

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#966 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am

Thank you Bo. THIS post gives us some information to work with at least, not like every other one today.

Now I'm afraid it's midnight my end, so I gotta get some sleep. You're still a little suspect though, for making me have to work so hard this time. Maybe try to be a little less aggressive next time and try to work on helping the hunt, not just being vague and weird.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#967 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:24 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:19 am
Our clears out number the scums remaining members. Which means we should use today to lynch for as much info as possible.
No, we should lynch the person who feel is most likely to flip scum, and we should allow nobody to dodge that question by justifying a vote as an “informational lynch.”

brainbomb

#968 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:25 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:24 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:19 am
Our clears out number the scums remaining members. Which means we should use today to lynch for as much info as possible.
No, we should lynch the person who feel is most likely to flip scum, and we should allow nobody to dodge that question by justifying a vote as an “informational lynch.”
I would lynch Tom, ND, RHK, thamrick or rivera at present.

If anyone was willing.

brainbomb

#969 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:26 am

I have no idea why anyone townreads tom

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#970 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 am

I am of the opinion brain needs to out who he gunned right now, or rescind and face the consequences. Because with the scum PRs in play, they might have more info on brain than we do at this point. And I don't want a gunshot ringing out from, an unknown person 30 minutes to end of day causing chaos more than there already is.

brainbomb

#971 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:31 am

Im of the opinion you can shut yer fuckin mouths and let the game go on

brainbomb

#972 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 am

If you wanna evaluate me evaluate the sincerety of my role in lynching Jamie. That alone should tell you im not scum. Reread my ISO and point out where in the fuck I am EVER bussing Jamie.

Show it to me. Prove it and I will literally lynch myself

brainbomb

#973 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 am

##Vote Reedeer1

This is better. I can go either way on ND as hes just patently idiotic

thamrick

#974 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:40 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 am
I am of the opinion brain needs to out who he gunned right now, or rescind and face the consequences. Because with the scum PRs in play, they might have more info on brain than we do at this point. And I don't want a gunshot ringing out from, an unknown person 30 minutes to end of day causing chaos more than there already is.
Can you outline what you're worried about with the scum PRs?
Hooker - could have RB'd BB, he claims he wasn't RB'd
Witch - wouldn't curse BB if they thought he was GS, but would try for his target
Stalker - could figure out if BB really was GS, but there's bigger fish to fry for mafia (finding cop & nurse seem more important to me)
Godfather - no info
Thief - Dead

And yes. Mafia have more info on Brain at this point than we do. They know whether he's Mafia or not.

I agree with you though. A random gunshot could be bad for town if a townie gets hit.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#975 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:41 am

##vote Mean

Baaaaaaa

ND

#976 Post by ND » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 am

No gun, no rb, RIP Snowy. I was wrong about you.

Btw Bo's case on me was pretty baloney on the previous page.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#977 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:45 am

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am
Thank you Bo. THIS post gives us some information to work with at least, not like every other one today.

Now I'm afraid it's midnight my end, so I gotta get some sleep. You're still a little suspect though, for making me have to work so hard this time. Maybe try to be a little less aggressive next time and try to work on helping the hunt, not just being vague and weird.
I'm going to ignore how horrendously pompous this post is and ask you to explain why you scumread me, because "making me have to work so hard" is not my problem.

Would you like to respond to the case I made against you or is deflecting only okay when you do it?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#978 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:46 am

ND wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 am
Btw Bo's case on me was pretty baloney on the previous page.
At least do me the pleasure of giving my pretty baloney case some visibility by responding to it, ND. Here you go, for your convenience:

---
---

ND - his line of questioning on page 7 is incredibly bland and unthoughtful. His posting on page 17 is even worse than page 7 and despite having 10 more pages of information to play with he continues to same shitty line of questioning that he did before. He has made no effort to analyze. Scum ND doesn’t care to analyze but would rather hide in the shadows and live as long as he can without putting any pressure on his teammates and leaving as little trace of his existence as possible. He fits his scum meta, which is why yall wanted to lynch him.

There was no major effort to save Jamie on D1. In fact, Jamie didn’t even try to save himself. Jamie was present at the EOD and could have easily claimed PR or at least tried to save himself, but the next guy on the block was ND. Jamie was the item thief, which in my point of view isn’t a terribly useful role in a setup like this one. If ND were town, Jamie would have made an effort to shift the lynch onto him. I think ND is not only scum but possibly the godfather, or at the very least a role that even Jamie thought was important enough to sacrifice himself in order to keep alive, even if only for a few days.

Assuming that that theory holds true, people that bailed on ND late for Jamie look bad. Snowy, yav, and Balki look suspect. Bozo looks good for dropping a vote on him and then being gone, which I don’t think scum would do to an important teammate, and thamrick looks pretty damn good as well for his late vote shifting over to ND and injecting a little bit of life back into his wagon with 15 minutes to go.

ND

#979 Post by ND » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:49 am

I'll respond to it when I have some time to spare. But, for now it's baloney.

As for the rest of the EON /D2 events, not really surprised. Brain is playing it like I thought he would mid-D1. Exactly.

Snowy's NK was surprising considering he did absolutely nothing.

Brain not being RB/NK means the Mafia didn't believe him or he is Mafia though. Think about that. If he makes it to D4-D5 definite mafia candidate. Personally I still lean town though due to D1 actions even though in the past Scum Brain does do last minute pushes on other scum members to get 'town cred'.

brainbomb

#980 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:51 am

Bo.

Very clearly town.

You feelin better man?