Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1941 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:42 pm

DILLY DILLY BORK BORK

Ok. I'm done.
1

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1942 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm

You are only 276 posts away from overtaking Brainbomb's lead, Tom.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1943 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:49 pm

What do you think of tham Fox? What do you think about what I just pointed out regarding his D2 vote? Am I the only one who thinks this looks super fishy?
1

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1944 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:02 pm

what a tease. I'm all alone in here. I check the bottom to see who's online and can talk the game with me. It's just me and brain. :(
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6240
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2212

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1945 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:19 pm

I will not let you alone Tom.
##vote Thamrick

Back to caipirinhas

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1946 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:31 pm
thamrick wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:24 pm
Why is his EOD1 vote clearing?
Reedeer had flexibility in his reads to be on either wagon. Still, he cast the deciding vote on Jamiet very near the wire. I do not believe Scum Reedeer would have voted that way. You can't tell this using the bot. You have to go back and read the EOD.
thamrick wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:24 pm
I never understand this sentiment. It has nothing to do with what role he drew.
Why can't you understand? I don't know what role he drew. The expected value of shooting Meme is:

= BK * PS - CK * (1-PS)

BK equals Benefit of Kill
CK equals Cost of Kill
PS equals Probability Scum

I consider "CK" to be pretty high.
How was reedeer's vote the deciding vote on Jamiet? It put the vote at 6 ND, 5 Jamiet.

Tf is that formula?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1947 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:27 pm

tham - who are your top three scumreads?
1

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1948 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:27 pm

Calling it now. There's scum on my wagon 100%. Not sure which, but Tom/rdrivera is scum. I lean rdr. He didn't want to vote me first until someone else led the charge. #SorryButOMGUS

Choo choo. All other scum jump on plz. As the great Ezio said "ez game. ez life"

So, for the record Tom, you don't believe my rb claim either?

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1949 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:28 pm

1) MLQ
2) Bo
3) Yav

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1950 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:29 pm

I haven't sorted out the rb issue, but you could have been the nurse save. So I don't see why a rb would clear you. Let alone the possibility scum didn't rb as they didn't want to be watched.
1

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1951 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Also, why have I seen darg browsing the forum WAYYYYYYYY more than I've seen meme?

#MissYouDarg

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1952 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 pm

In fact, the whole exercise of saying if you got rb'd isn't particularily helpful in this setup. It basically just tells scumteam who nurse targeted and thus who is available to nk the next night.
1

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1953 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:29 pm
I haven't sorted out the rb issue, but you could have been the nurse save. So I don't see why a rb would clear you. Let alone the possibility scum didn't rb as they didn't want to be watched.
I'll ask you the same thing I asked RHK and rdr. Assume that I was rb'd. Make a case that the nurse rb'd me. Make a case that scum rb'd me.

@Maniac - sorry I distracted you last night with the RHK tirade and subsequent rdr bet. TL;DR - rdrivera is scum.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1954 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:35 pm

The case nurse rb'd you - they thought scum would shoot away from maniac, me for fear of being watched. Scum would hope to hill watcher. So nurse picks someone they think could be watcher or pr.

The case mafia rb'd you - they thought watcher would be on maniac or myself. So they decided to shoot brain and rb'd a rando hoping it was a role. Or in another scenario, they don't rb for fear of being watched and let you claim rb. We planned to do this in my game as scum.
1

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1955 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:39 pm

@Tom, eh, I disagree with a lot of Thamrick's conclusions, but I don't see actual malice of thought in there.
thamrick wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:40 pm
What's the case on RHK Maniac?

I REALLY don't like the claim. Like REALLY, REALLY don't like it. But I had been pretty firmly townreading RHK before that.

The claim makes me fine with shooting RHK though. If he actually is PR, it's piss poor town play to give it up so easily without attempting to mount a defense for himself.
Hey, Thamrick, did you ever get a case on RHK? Because, uh, you know I've got one.

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1956 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 pm
In fact, the whole exercise of saying if you got rb'd isn't particularily helpful in this setup. It basically just tells scumteam who nurse targeted and thus who is available to nk the next night.
I'm confident I was scum rb'd. I have no effing clue why, but seriously. If the nurse rb'd me last night, wtf were they thinking? I was and am on the lynch block today. No chance in hell scum were NK'ing me. I haven't breadcrumbed PR cause I'm not one so I don't see why nurse would save me or scum would rb me.

If you're nurse, you save the townclear, or the claimants at the end if you're online, or you gamble on someone you think scum would kill. Why would scum kill me?

Nurse rb'ing me last night would've been an even worse play than town-RHK claiming Watcher so I'll buy the whole game pizza's if it's true.

reedeer1
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 am
Location: Ithaca NY USA
Karma: 15

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1957 Post by reedeer1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Maniac wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:40 pm
I'm shooting one of the following half way through the day:

Bo-Sox, Yavuz, Captmeme, reedeer

I'd like everyone's opinion.

If any of you are PRs, I guess that's unlucky. Do not claim yet.

I'll give notice of who I'm shooting 1hr before the shot. You can then claim or make a case for not being shot.

Regards
Town Jesus

I can't wait to find out who the gunslinger is. Must be an American, who else would allow a maniac to have a gun.
I would say that for me, Yavuz is top, because : lst game he was town, and yet he gave off scummy vibes for me, Now he also gives off scummy vibes, but this time they are a diffrn't kind of scummy vibe, so I think these might be the real things. After him, I would shoot Captmeme, because even though he is known for his lurking, and shooting a lurker just because they lurk is a bad thing, his predecessor was somewhat scummy. Then I would shoot bo, because I have a towny gut feeling for him (Not too strong a feel). After that I would shoot me, because I am town, so that would be a bad shot.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1958 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Eh This is tiring. Someone else pressure.

Imma go back to the person I'm 99% sure is scum.

##vote MeanLaQueefa
1

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1959 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:47 pm

I understand your suspicion. I get that I could be scum fake claiming rb. I just KNOW I was rb'd. I'd be bold scum for doing this. Look at my playstyle and ask if you think I'd be bold scum. You can believe that if you want. Just ask yourself which is more likely. Follow your heart and be ready to die for it when I flip town.

You're willing to give RHK a pass for potentially fake claiming Watcher under duress but you're ready to lynch me for claiming rb... You know that I'll eventually die for this whether I'm townclear or whether I'm faking. Why lynch me now?

It's 13-3 right now. What's the best case scenario for me fake-claiming here Tom? No townie in their right mind is gonna let me survive til end of game if I'm not eventually NK'd.

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1960 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:48 pm

reedeer1 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:44 pm
Maniac wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:40 pm
I'm shooting one of the following half way through the day:

Bo-Sox, Yavuz, Captmeme, reedeer

I'd like everyone's opinion.

If any of you are PRs, I guess that's unlucky. Do not claim yet.

I'll give notice of who I'm shooting 1hr before the shot. You can then claim or make a case for not being shot.

Regards
Town Jesus

I can't wait to find out who the gunslinger is. Must be an American, who else would allow a maniac to have a gun.
I would say that for me, Yavuz is top, because : lst game he was town, and yet he gave off scummy vibes for me, Now he also gives off scummy vibes, but this time they are a diffrn't kind of scummy vibe, so I think these might be the real things. After him, I would shoot Captmeme, because even though he is known for his lurking, and shooting a lurker just because they lurk is a bad thing, his predecessor was somewhat scummy. Then I would shoot bo, because I have a towny gut feeling for him (Not too strong a feel). After that I would shoot me, because I am town, so that would be a bad shot.
This was cringe-worthy.

Hope you're feeling better reedeer.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests