Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1881 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Ok...

yavuzovic

#1882 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Wow, she has played Werewolf like me, I must talk with her more.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1883 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:29 pm

@meme: Where you at buddy? Come share your thoughts.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1884 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 pm

@rdrivera: You go to the beach too much. Every time we play mafia I want to switch lives with you.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1885 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 pm

bozo has been looking better recently

thamrick

#1886 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 am

Why would I kill who was likely to be my biggest and most influential advocate on the eve of a day everyone in this game, including me immediately following yesterday's lynch, knew I was going to be a top candidate for the lynch. I would have NEVER killed brainbomb if I was scum, it would just be stupid, especially since he was unlikely to be a valuable PR, it was way too little to gain for what I would have lost socially as scum.
Dead men can't change their minds. You know that as well as everyone else in this game. Don't act like this is an argument for why you can't be scum.

yavuzovic

#1887 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:00 pm

Investigation on MeanLaQueefa
D1: Slight town-nothing suspect
N1: Moderate town - She told "Can't help but feel you hope I'll die tonight after that." This doesn't sound as a thing which is told from a scum.
D2: Slight in love - Bainbomb, <3 😉 (bainbomb!)
In fact, Slight scum - look at that "No I don't really see a difference in my play. " however she started that aggressive attitude in D2, she was kind towards even Balki!
Balki: "@MLQ, I'll answer questions like that after the flip, if I'm still around."

Can't help but feel you hope I'll die tonight after that. How you voted yesterday doesn't seem like a question that needs to wait, and you being ominous isn't helping my scum read of you. Especially since you listed vote analysis as one of the things we should concentrate on and wanted me to ask you questions so much yesterday.
N2:wtf
D3: She's defending herself on brainbomb arguments. This is suspicious because she proves that she have nothing to use as shield, ah, I have no idea - today hasn't ended yet. I won't tell anything now.
TOTAL
Null
^These were nonsense^ 😃 I don't know, I wouldn't lynch her today, especially when there's better lynches. Let's lynch ND - We can lynch her if ND isn't scum.

thamrick

#1888 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:15 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:00 pm
Investigation on MeanLaQueefa
D1: Slight town-nothing suspect
N1: Moderate town - She told "Can't help but feel you hope I'll die tonight after that." This doesn't sound as a thing which is told from a scum.
D2: Slight in love - Bainbomb, <3 😉 (bainbomb!)
In fact, Slight scum - look at that "No I don't really see a difference in my play. " however she started that aggressive attitude in D2, she was kind towards even Balki!
Balki: "@MLQ, I'll answer questions like that after the flip, if I'm still around."

Can't help but feel you hope I'll die tonight after that. How you voted yesterday doesn't seem like a question that needs to wait, and you being ominous isn't helping my scum read of you. Especially since you listed vote analysis as one of the things we should concentrate on and wanted me to ask you questions so much yesterday.
N2:wtf
D3: She's defending herself on brainbomb arguments. This is suspicious because she proves that she have nothing to use as shield, ah, I have no idea - today hasn't ended yet. I won't tell anything now.
TOTAL
Null
^These were nonsense^ 😃 I don't know, I wouldn't lynch her today, especially when there's better lynches. Let's lynch ND - We can lynch her if ND isn't scum.
Really? Nothing suspect? Not even that a known scum was propping her up as town leader?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1889 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Why lynch ND?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1890 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 pm

##vote captainmeme

yavuzovic

#1891 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:42 pm

@thamrick
I didn't investigate anyone but Mean, I don't know what are you talking about.
@Tom Bombadil
You will see why when you lynch him. I have never lynched (not voted) anyone who is not scum.

yavuzovic

#1892 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 pm

Maybe she's scum, I have no clue to prove she is town.

yavuzovic

#1893 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:46 pm

I will not prevent you to lynch her but I won't join you.
I have never lynched anyone who is not scum yet, including M33 and I won't take risk. I will use this to prove that I'm trustable.

Foxcastle

#1894 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm

I'll be catching up more closely on everything from Tom's Cop claim, with some thoughts in a couple hours.

But in the meantime, can someone clarify something for me: does a vanilla townie (having not power role to be blocked) still receive a roleblock message if visited by the nurse or hooker?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1895 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Yes. They do Foxy

thamrick

#1896 Post by thamrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:03 pm

I pulled some quotes last night then got sidetracked and came back to it this morning so sorry if it's a bit distorted.

This first one isn't much, but it just strikes me the wrong way: Here is a LINK to the post to read it in context. It just doesn't feel genuine or very "bo-like." More on Bo later
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:19 pm
That is a good catch on rj though.

Rj was all over the place. But if you re-read him, he was very reactive to things that hit close to home. He posted this:
Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:21 pm
Is it worth trying to get the team all at once? Is that like a proven strategy because I haven't been trying that at all.
after BB posted this:
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:18 pm
So im gonna throw all my reads and biases out and start fresh.

Maybe its rivera-maniac-vash-ezio?

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Yavuzovic - Bussing ND without putting any thought behind it or trying to advance his wagon at all and defending Rjmcf for even less of a reason just rubs me the wrong way. If either or both of ND and Rjmcf flips scum, yavuz needs to go. Maybe he’ll get shot today to save us the guesswork.
@Bo - what was your link here? Still think Rj's flip says something about Yavuz?

Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm
bozotheclown - town lean. I like his reasoning but he's not pushing very hard. I'll be more happy once I see him rooting out scum more.
brainbomb - town but not GS. He's got good thought processes and good pressure, but I've heard he has a habit for early and fake PR claims.
dargorygel - scumlean. Feels casual and doesn't appear to be engaging all that much.
DemonRHK - scum. Still hasn't responded to my counters.
Ezio - scum. Where are they?
Foxcastle - townlean. Good pressure when it's required.
Maniac - town. Good reasoning and good pressure.
ND - I read scum but everyone else reads town. I might have to go over again.
snowy801 - scum. May just be snowy, but play seems off the wall and anti town.
SuperSteve - lynch either way really.
Tom Bombadil - townlean
VashtaNeurotic - scumlean. Play with us!
yavuzovic - still scum. Maybe its just Yavuz but he feels all over the place.
Rj scumread every low poster, but left reedeer off. Why? Also, the ND line is just strange. I balked at it earlier. Still don't understand. It's hedgy as hell, and just wasn't true. Was he trying to set up a mislynch while also distancing himself? Or was he trying for cred while also trying to line up his views with "everyone else?"

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:35 am
I'm not convinced ND is scum? The argument seems to be that ND was convinced that a low posting Snowy was scum. Based on what he was saying about Snowy ("he posts on par with Brainbomb"), that's a fair assumption on ND's part no?

When Snowy was cleared his only response was "I was wrong about you". As a scum player whose wagon has just been cleared, wouldn't you expect him to find someone else to push? Who is ND working with? The only other people who find Snowy suspicious are Maniac (town clear), bo (and even then it's just a suspicion) and me (and I'm just following ND on this because I thought his reasoning seemed sound. Also I didn't like the way he was playing but that could be an oracle begging for death...?)

Brainbomb, you say "ND is absolutely disgusting this game with scummy posts right and left", can you tell me exactly which posts seem scummy?

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:05 pm
**Lots deleted from original post. Take the time to read it though - Link
Maniac, p21 wrote:Ywo mildly interesting votes. Yavuz unvotes to put himself solely in the lead and then DemonRHK repeats that move moving off yavus to put himself solely in the lead. Think noth these are town moves, so I've got to come off DemonRHK.
That's fair reasoning. I give more towncred to Yavuz than Demon for that but Demon seems less scummy now.

reedeer's votes on page 33 put him in a good light, because he's reading Maniac well. Is that a fair analysis?
brainbomb, p38 wrote:Im thinkin maniac-reedeer-bo are solid lynches. Reedeer is scum or vash is scum. I strongly doubt that both are
The reason you lynched Jamiet was because you caught him voting Vash without scumreading them. You're doing the exact same thing here?! I still think bb is town but I'm seeing connections between bb and thamrick now.
Why is he giving "more towncred" to Yavuz than Demon for doing exactly the same thing?

Re-read RJ. I really feel like he was trying to put reedeer in a good light for no reason.

This last one is really weird. Brain lists a lynchpool of maniac-reedeer-bo, then says reedeer or vash are scum. Rj then attacks BB without addressing the post he quoted. Why? Defending scum buddies?

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:06 pm
thamrick, sorry I didn't notice your joke to jamie was in the start thread, was reading on the peter site and it includes those. As for reeder and his maniac townread. Scum had no way of knowing maniac would be revealed, and putting out a totally random town read that is ranked higher than anyone else who really hasn't done much towny stuff seems like it would garner more attention than it'd be worth it for scum to do. Several people criticized reeder afterwords for it. I don't see it as a scum gambit, much less a scum gambit reedeer would try.

I'm torn as to vote for balki or vash right now as they're tied, also am not a big fan of the ND vote (and myself obviously). I don't know how to feel about ezio's vote on balki, basically the same with bozo on vash. I'll throw down @@vote VashtaNeurotic for now, but I'd be very happy to see either balki or vash lynched today.
MLQ's logic re: reedeer is just bad. She says reedeer listing Maniac as a top townread is unlikely if reedeer is scum because it would garner attention and scum didn't know that Maniac would be revealed. Also, why is she making assumptions about gambits a scum reedeer would try?

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 pm
Scumreads:

Ezio: Lurking, voting with little to no reasoning, one word posts. Not a damaging scum in the sense that they're not pushing any wagons, but brain you said that scum might hide strong PRs so idk.

bo_sox48: I didn't like how long it took him to answer my question at the start of day 2. He's been very defensive all of today and it's putting me on edge.

Tom Bombadil: I'm happy to lynch, you make a good case.

ND: A lot of the arguments for town ND are vote analysis related or meta analysis, and I can't do that shit yet. This is just a gut feeling.

VashtaNeurotic: Same as ND, arguments for town Vash I can't handle and don't properly trust yet so I'm going with gut again.

thamrick: Seems a little too opportunistic, but has just nicely broken down my analysis (finally).

Ordered most to least scummy.
The Bo read feels different than the other 5. Read D2. I didn't read Bo as defensive. He gets into a long drawn out discussion with Rj that it seemed like Bo really didn't want to get into. This read by Rj seems more sure, less hedgy than the other reads. I think Rj comes across as sincere about Bo (even though it is based on an untruth re: defensiveness) because he knows Bo's alignment.

Rjmcf wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:07 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 am
@Rj:

I am dropped off of your scumreads? Also, You list Ezio as your strongest scumread, but what about reedeer? (Who's done the same thing)
Yeah, you said you were going to find other links and you went and found other links. Fair play to you.

Let me look into reedeer.
Rjmcf wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:28 am
@Demon looking at rd (*reedeer*) again, there is a difference between not posting any explanation (Ezio) and saying [paraphrasing] "I'm not going to put much reasoning because I'm going with my gut" (rd - *reedeer*). I agree, D1 rd (*reedeer*) looks pretty scummy, but that vote on Jamie goes someway to settling it for me. He's obviously not towncleared but I'm townleaning.
He says D1 reedeer looks pretty scummy - why? I don't understand why he townleans reedeer but not other lurkers, even lurkers who also ended on Jamiet.

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 pm
To anyone who wants to lynch off the Jamiet wagon. explain the reasoning, re-present your case.

we have an hour and a half left.

lets see who bussed. I dont think 9 people all were town. I think multiple scum gained undue cred for this lynch.

tell me about reedeer
yavuz and rivera
they all did next to no solving day 1 but end up in the right place

I think we should follow Brain's train of thought near EoD2. He was strongly suspicious of reedeer, yavuz, rdrivera, and bo.

Reread D2. Tell me there's not a weird interaction between Bo and Rj that Bo shirked away from. That's not like Bo. Bo is aggressive against something he disagrees with. He treats Rj with almost like kiddie gloves. Why Bo? Were you afraid that Rj was too erratic and would take you down with him?

Reedeer is getting townleans and townclears from too many people for too little reason.

I know it's a big pool but rereading D1/D2, I'm pretty sure that there's scum in

Bo
reedeer
MLQ
Yavuz

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1897 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 pm
@rdrivera: You go to the beach too much. Every time we play mafia I want to switch lives with you.
Only in the summer (here), that's probably Winter for you. I have an apartment at the beach so I came here frequently from December to March, it's only 120km from my hometown. And I don't think you will really enjoy living here in Brasil.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1898 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:09 pm

"I think we should follow Brain's train of thought near EoD2. He was strongly suspicious of reedeer, yavuz, rdrivera, and bo.

Reread D2. Tell me there's not a weird interaction between Bo and Rj that Bo shirked away from. That's not like Bo. Bo is aggressive against something he disagrees with. He treats Rj with almost like kiddie gloves. Why Bo? Were you afraid that Rj was too erratic and would take you down with him?

Reedeer is getting townleans and townclears from too many people for too little reason.

I know it's a big pool but rereading D1/D2, I'm pretty sure that there's scum in

Bo
reedeer
MLQ
Yavuz"

If you want to follow brains dying wish (a good idea) what makes you swap out rdrivera for MLQ?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1899 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 pm

@Thamrick - We have a lot of differences and you scumread me for I don't know exactly what, but I strongly agree with your analysis about Reedeer.
I was his top scumread D1 and he voted Ezio with me almost without any reasoning and try to get as little attention as possible. I would not mind turning him into a wagon to see how he (and others) react. And I already said to Maniac to shoot him.

Foxcastle

#1900 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:07 pm

Maniac wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:40 pm
I'm shooting one of the following half way through the day:

Bo-Sox, Yavuz, Captmeme, reedeer

I'd like everyone's opinion.

If any of you are PRs, I guess that's unlucky. Do not claim yet.

I'll give notice of who I'm shooting 1hr before the shot. You can then claim or make a case for not being shot.

Regards
Town Jesus

I can't wait to find out who the gunslinger is. Must be an American, who else would allow a maniac to have a gun.
Maniac, how do you want us to register our opinion on this? Do you want us to vote same as for lynch so it's on the peterbot, or are you going to try to keep track of individual statements?

Also, I don't like your lists. Not for who's on them, but for who's not, which is three-quarters of the game or more. Obviously your townreads limit who you'll shoot, and I know that trying to sort out 15 people at once is impossible, but I'm not sure that these lists are useful for finding scum.

In any case, now that I've registered my dissent on the process... from that list, I'm inclined you shoot Captainmeme. Bo-Sox and Yavuz are both null reads for me at this point, and I've got a slight townread on Reedeer. I forgot to include Captainmeme in my EON reads, but Darg was null, and Darg was playing this game like he played last game where he was scum (which is also possibly just how he plays), and Captainmeme as a replacement is more of a "replacement" (air quote hand signs included).