Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1701 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:25 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:10 pm
Rj did the exact same thing to Tom on D2. Tom was tied for the lead when Rj posted last on D2.
Have you ever heard of the Maf QT?
Amazing things happen in those.

Nice try big bad bo
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not because you're a total moron if you don't buy what I just said, but either way, why are you fabricating statistics in order to support a scumread?

brainbomb

#1702 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:30 pm

More than likely advice to rj was "dont be afraid to bus today instead" its less messy that way

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1703 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:33 pm

So, here are my reads, I didn´t have the time to do re-reads on the people, so it´s based on my feelings and memory and on the votes. If I am alive tomorrow I will try to do some re-reads of the people I found scummy and some others that I put as null.
If you want to ask me something I will probably still be online for the next half an hour.

DemonRHK - D1 voted Yav, Tom and ended on Jamiet, D2 voted Bozo, Vash, Tom and ended on Vash. Demon is scummy to me. I didn´t like his reaction to RJ flip and his defensiveness. I also didn´t like his ideas about the readlist, specially considering we had only one night, seems like trying to frame people without a proper reason. Scummy.

Foxcastle - D1 voted bo, Vash then ND, D2 voted Tom then RJ. I have a townread on Fox, he seems to be triyng to figure out the game, his vote on RJ was solid. Towny.

ND - D1 voted Yav, Brain, Snowy and ended on Jamiet. D2 voted RJM. Counter wagon to Jamiet, solid vote on RJ and RJ vote on D1. Even with a low participation, I think ND is town.

bozotheclown - D1 voted reeder and quickly after ND, D2 voted Vash, Tom and back to Vash in the same minute. I confess I don´t have a read on Bozo this time. I usually scumread him (wrongly) but this time I don´t have this feeling until starting this analysis, so he might be scum :-). His voting record is the worst. Slight Scummy.

Ezio - D1 anchor vote on Demon, D2 voted Balki, then ND and a last minute vote on RJ. My first vote on D1 and D2. But I will not vote him on D3 I think, as I hardly see him as scum with RJ (already discussed this with Brain) and his vote on RJ was key to the lynch (but could be a buss). Considering he didn´t do almost anything I will give him a NULL now.

yavuzovic - D1 voted ND, brain, Balki, ND and ended on Jamiet, D2 anchored a vote on ND. I started the game with a town read of Yav, he seems just the same Yav as last game and I find hard for him to act this way as scum, but he is fading on the last days and the anchor vote isn´t like him. NUll.

Balki Bartokomous - D1 voted Jamiet, ND and ended on Jamiet, D2 voted Mean, Ezio and ended on Vash. I always have trouble reading Balki. He looks towny and was a counterwagon D1 but his voting record isn´t that great. Anyway, I think Brain and Fox did a good analysys on why he is probably town. Towny.

reedeer1 - D1 Voted rdr, Ezio and ended on Jamiet, D2 anchored a vote on Ezio. Scummy. I don´t buy his push on me, it look contrived, never really seems to want to lynch me and never really seems to want to push an Ezio lynch for real. Looks like coasting. Scummy.

brainbomb - D1 voted half of the players and ended on Jamiet, D2 voted the other half of the players, pushed Vashta lynch and cast a last minute vote on RJ. I have been townreading BB since start because his claim doesn´t make sense as scum. I am not sure I am keeping this read after he edited a quote from Maniac and after his behaviour at EOD2 that was really scummy. Anyway, I think BB will be sorted out one way or another. Null.

VashtaNeurotic - D1 voted Reedee, Balki and a last minute vote on Jamiet, D2 voted Brain then RJM. Vashta was a big question mark, but being the counterwagon to RJ makes him look more towny. Slight town

Tom Bombadil - D1 anchored a vote on Demon, D2 voted Mean, Darg then RJ. Another question mark to me, Tom is hard to read. I found some of his reactions and pushes D1 really out of his usual, but D2 he got back to his rational and logic self. RJM anchored a vote on him all D2. Slighty Towny.

dargorygel/meme - D1 anchored a vote on Yav, D2 anchored a vote on Ezio. The biggest lurker of all lurkers. Don´t have much to say about then. Null

thamrick - D1 voted RJM then ND, D2 voted Yav then Vash. I have mixed feelings about Tham. He looks smart and made decent comments, but sometimes sounds forced and his voting record looks really bad. I will put on my null list, but if I survive the night will do a full re-read on him. Null

bo_sox48 - D1 anchored a vote on Brain, D2 anchored a vote on ND. I don´t have a scum feeling on bo this time, unless he is trying a new meta, but his voting record is lame. But I find his ND push genuine and not something a scum will do against a town ND. Slighty Towny.

MeanLaQueefa - D1: Voted Balki all day long, D2 voted Vash, Tom and ended on Vash. Interesting thing about her is his drop in participation, 27 messages D1 and 13 D2. I don´t know, I have a townread on her D1 as I don´t expect scum to hard tunnel Balki that way, but after RJs flip and her lack of participation on D2 and his vote record I started to think she could be scum. Slight scummy.

brainbomb

#1704 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:35 pm

I didnt read your post totals bo. You left no impression on me this game other than that your a self obsessed scummy narcissist who cares nothing about rereading. That level of inward thinking "boo hoo why doesnt anyone love my case, boohoo why is my post count being misrepresented, boo hoo we lynched scum, oh noes."

Get over yourself

brainbomb

#1705 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:42 pm

Tom Bombadil
Day-1 31:22
page 5 Just disregard brain's borks and dillys.
Jamiet99uk
Day-1 25:24
page 9 Brainbomb, your list of stupid symbols is not all that helpful. Also why no scumreads?
bo_sox48
Day-1 06:15
page 16 No, I want to vote brainy because the more he screams and shouts, the better off we are when he inevitably dies. Either he has elicited reactions out of people that he targets for no good reason and leaves us little tidbits of valuable information to piece together later when he dies as town, or as scum he has done the exact same thing, only with an emphasis on his scum teammates. He's most useful dead or constantly close to dying. My vote made him the lead vote getter (no idea if he still is or not, don't really care because it doesn't matter) which means he'll probably be an option at the EOD. If I were to actually read the game thread, maybe I would put forward an actual read and be helpful in some capacity, but that's not going to happen until late tonight at the very earliest, or Tuesday if I can't manage to tonight.

brainbomb

#1706 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:42 pm

@Balki

Subtle?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1707 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:44 pm

@rdrivera - thanks for those reads. Who is most scummy bozo or demonRHK?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1708 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 pm

@Maniac - Demon and Reedeer. Then Bozo and Mean.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1709 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:35 pm
I didnt read your post totals bo. You left no impression on me this game other than that your a self obsessed scummy narcissist who cares nothing about rereading. That level of inward thinking "boo hoo why doesnt anyone love my case, boohoo why is my post count being misrepresented, boo hoo we lynched scum, oh noes."
Do you actually think that my post to Maniac was me whining about lynching scum and me whining about him not considering my case against ND? Do I really have to explain this to you or do you think you're some mafia god that can do no wrong even though you drown out every fucking mafia thread you play in with your constant piles of steaming, melty shit? You have posted three times as much in this game as the next highest poster, over 5 times as much as the average poster in this game, and nearly 8 times as much as the average poster in this game when I exclude your 424 posts (!!!) from the equation. It is unbelievable how much of this thread I have not bothered reading simply because the top of the post says "by brainbomb."

As for you not understanding what I said to Maniac, Maniac already acknowledged my point and said that I'm right, as did others, which in my opinion is far more validation than you will ever be able to give me, so I'm not going to spend too much time on the fact that you can't understand a very elementary point, which is this:

We don't know what would have happened on Day 2 if Maniac hadn't used his status as a townclear to interfere with the lynch, and therefore we cannot gain as much information from it as we would be able to later in the game if he had not done so.

I am not upset that we got scum, but I am very upset at how we got him. I am not upset that my case against ND wasn't part of the EOD, but I am very upset that the town as a whole did not decide that my case against ND should not have been part of the EOD.

There is nuance in this argument and I fully expected that someone stupid would come out of the woodwork and tell me that I'm upset at the result of the EOD as opposed to the process of setting up the EOD. This is not difficult to understand for anyone that has an ounce of mafia prowess about them and I do not understand why nobody put a stop to it before our so-called Town Jesus took the wheel and kept it perfectly straight and in between the lines, which is exactly where an EOD should not be.

You will not get an answer out of me for anything else in this game until you copy and paste the following into this thread and post it:

I, brainbomb, fabricated statistics to support my scumread and would rather slander other players than take a brief amount of time to research very basic information, such as post counts.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1710 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:57 pm

catfight!

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1711 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 pm

This fight is entertaining but useless, as this is much more about personalities then about trying to resolve the game.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1712 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:57 pm
catfight!
It's all fake, they're both scum.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1713 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 pm
This fight is entertaining but useless, as this is much more about personalities then about trying to resolve the game.
+1

bozotheclown

#1714 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

@rdrivera: It is a little early to say my voting record is the worst, unless you know for sure that ND and Vashta are not scum.

bozotheclown

#1715 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:03 pm

After reviewing D2 EOD, I do not see any reason why Vashta should be cleared because Rjmcf flipped scum. Maniac posting his “New (and probably final) dead pool” 13 minutes before EOD of Vashta, Rjmcf, and yavuzovic seems to have driven the EOD activity. Brain saying “Id vote vash. The votes arent there” and Maniac responding “the votes will be there to put Vash as a viable contender” got the Vashta wagon going. With the vote Vashta 6 Rjmcf 4, rdrivera changed his vote from Ezio to Rjmcf, saying he preferred Rjmcf of those on Maniac’s list. With the vote Vashta 6 Rjmcf 5, Maniac voted for Rjmcf, effectively deciding the lynch between Vashta and Rjmcf as Ezio and brain followed onto Rjmcf. It is very possible Vashta is also scum.

Besides Vashta, I think reedeer, MLQ, Tom, and yavuzovic are good scum candidates, although I obviously can’t be right about all of them.

thamrick

#1716 Post by thamrick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:10 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:03 pm
After reviewing D2 EOD, I do not see any reason why Vashta should be cleared because Rjmcf flipped scum. Maniac posting his “New (and probably final) dead pool” 13 minutes before EOD of Vashta, Rjmcf, and yavuzovic seems to have driven the EOD activity. Brain saying “Id vote vash. The votes arent there” and Maniac responding “the votes will be there to put Vash as a viable contender” got the Vashta wagon going. With the vote Vashta 6 Rjmcf 4, rdrivera changed his vote from Ezio to Rjmcf, saying he preferred Rjmcf of those on Maniac’s list. With the vote Vashta 6 Rjmcf 5, Maniac voted for Rjmcf, effectively deciding the lynch between Vashta and Rjmcf as Ezio and brain followed onto Rjmcf. It is very possible Vashta is also scum.

Besides Vashta, I think reedeer, MLQ, Tom, and yavuzovic are good scum candidates, although I obviously can’t be right about all of them.
I get why you're saying Vash isn't clear, but why is he a good scum candidate?

ND

#1717 Post by ND » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Whatever happens check out Bo and his sidekick. They warrant some serious attention.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1718 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Ok. So I’m not sure if this is the right decision, but I don’t want to spend all day tomorrow battling people tooth and nail for the third day in a row. And I’m not going to be on right at EON – though with this setup I’m less concerned about that. With nurse and watcher I think its better to out and force them to take the 1 for 1 tradeoff. They either kill me now and trade 1 for 1, or they pray they hit the watcher first, because if not watcher can just keep watching me while I get scans.

I AM COP.

I softed pretty hard yesterday, so there is a decent chance scum already picked up on that. My first crumbs were that I mentioned that Frances McDormand should win a second Oscar:

“I was worried I would miss an interesting beginning of the game, but looks like everyone else was out and about like me. On an unrelated note, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri was fantastic. Frances McDormand is amazing - she deserves another Oscar.”

The first Oscar she won was for best actress was in Fargo where she played a COP.

Nurse – stay on Maniac – I want to get a scan out or force scum to 1 for 1 trade for me (so long as Watcher is on me, which I have faith they are)

I scanned rj N1 which is why I voted for him. Tham got on me a bit tonight for not having great reasons for voting rj – now you know. I didn’t want to push it and out myself (especially since he could have been the other miller) so I’m quite happy with how that went. Now that we know he was Witch though, and with us having nurse and watcher, I feel pretty safe outing here as they would have to trade a scum to kill me or rb me with the watcher around, and if they don’t do that one for one trade I can keep scanning away. I’m pretty comfortable (at least very hopeful) that the Watcher picked up on what I said and is watching me tonight.

I’ll keep my scan tonight secret as I don’t want them to know who I chose.

Reads -

Don’t lynch – Strong town:

Maniac
Vashypoo
ND
Ezio
Rdrivera

Chance of scum – but still don’t lynch:

Balki
Foxcastle
Redeer
Brainbomb
Bo_sox

Lynch amongst the following:

Thamrick
RHK
Yavu
bozo
Mean
Meme / darg

As I said, I have a work meeting and won’t be on at EON.
Maybe I’ll see you on the other side. And if not, you’ll have a scum to lynch. Cheers!

brainbomb

#1719 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 pm

I counter claim.

I have an inno scan on bozo N1.

That is all

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1720 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Welcome to the clears Tom

Obviously any real cop should stay hidden