Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
thamrick
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1561 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:29 pm
Scan tham, ND, rivera, ezio in order.

Watch maniac tonight. So hes unkillable
Why ND? ND is looking pretty good imo.

brainbomb
Posts: 15884
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4730

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1562 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:45 pm

Now we just pray super steve didnt have the vest.

thamrick
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1563 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:46 pm

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:57 pm
I've lost my faith in town jesus
What is this post?

ND
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 947

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1564 Post by ND » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:49 pm

Cool I nailed another Scum that's 2-0 for me this game. Easy Mode.

ND
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 947

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1565 Post by ND » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:50 pm

For all the haters out there: Go fuck yourselves

brainbomb
Posts: 15884
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4730

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1566 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:50 pm
For all the haters out there: Go fuck yourselves
https://m.popkey.co/7f59d5/O5VRL_s-200x150.gif

brainbomb
Posts: 15884
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4730

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1567 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:53 pm

Snowy mvp for giving us the best clear ever.

yavuzovic
Posts: 2877
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Sakarya/Turkey
Karma: 563
Contact:

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1568 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 am

Good job! Also we should lynch ND to continue.

MeanLaQueefa
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:09 am

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1569 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:21 am

thamrick, I was reacting to maniac voting rj, who I thought at the time was town. Maniac called himself town Jesus a while back. In retrospect, I shouldn't have let my faith be shaken so easily. Town jesus works in mysterious ways.

thamrick
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1570 Post by thamrick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:31 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 am
Good job! Also we should lynch ND to continue.
Why?

ND
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 947

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1571 Post by ND » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:33 am

Captain Tunnel (trademark) Scumbo and his assistant Private Yavuzovic never cease to amuse me.

bozotheclown
Posts: 9024
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 2072

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1572 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:48 am

I am a little surprised, Rjmcf certainly said some suspicious things, but I thought Rjmcf was to this game what yavuzovic was to last game.

Ezio
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am
Karma: 184

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1573 Post by Ezio » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 am

Can everyone still scumreading me get their heads out of their asses? When the vote was literally tied between vash and rj I got onto RJ killing him. What more can I possibly do to show you all I'm town?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1574 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:09 am

Ezio wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 am
Can everyone still scumreading me get their heads out of their asses? When the vote was literally tied between vash and rj I got onto RJ killing him. What more can I possibly do to show you all I'm town?
Start playing maybe? Give votes with a decent reasoning.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2642
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2198

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1575 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:14 am

Ezios not scum. We should be looking at people who tried to jump on my wagon without strong conviction and those who jumped on cash’s without conviction.

And I’m going to look back and see if anyone directed attention away from rj

Ezio
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am
Karma: 184

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1576 Post by Ezio » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 am

I made 2 votes yesterday. One was made with reasoning and the other one's reasoning was entirely obvious.
It's clearly not that which is causing all of the scumreading.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1229

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1577 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:47 am

How's this for a progression... It's a lot of setup, but it gets good at the end...
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 pm
<Page 11>
Another interesting thing involves RJ. Brain scumreads Mean, and that isn't the interesting part. The interesting part is Rj's defense of her, citing she's a townleader, while she has barely any game related posts thus far. Just like Yavu, it seems Rj is reaching for narratives to support what he wants instead. Is other read is a 'me too' onto Yavu.
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:41 pm
<Page 11>
Rj is now the second person to preemptively claim they're going to get called lurkers for sleeping.

I don't think that means what you think it means.
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:53 am
<Page 12>
SuperSteve wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:28 am
Demon and RJM are clearly in cahoots.
Based off of what Steve? I feel I've made my feelings pretty clear on Rj's recent inexplicable defense of Mean adds him as one of my scumreads at the moment.

That brings me to the next point: What reads of your own do you have Steve? At this point, the number of ellipses you've used outnumbers your total posts. You say you don't want to lurk then do just that. I will admit, I get a more town feel from you than I do Rj or Yavu, it's still pretty bad.
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:23 pm
<Page 20>
Thoughts catching up from where I went to sleep:

Rj finally puts some explanation behind his read on Mean, while not good reasoning, and highly transitive, starts to read a bit more neutral.
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:01 pm
<Page 20>
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:53 pm
I think scum is rjm, ND, and Yavuz. There's this triangle of weird interactions... Yavuz voting ND with no explanation, then backing off. Rjm and ND discussing gun mechanics, but then later ND seems uncertain of how the gun works;
I don't agree with that logic on ND and Rj. He's played too much to throw himself away as scum openly discussing something like that in the daytime just to interact with or save a scumbuddy. Yavu and ND are still weird together though.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:49 pm
<Page 33>
Checking up on posts as I wake up. Rj is setting off big warning bells right now. Gimme a few to get around and to my computer and I’ll get more in depth.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:14 pm
<Page 34>
Rj is almost for sure scum to me now. He's been coached hard.

<Quotes of RJ and others cut for brevity>

His entire tone has shifted. He's gone from tunneling and short attacking posts to thought out diatribes in the span of 12 hours. I've almost never seen a 180 in posting like this (at least, it is from where I'm sitting) and absolutely screams of a coached view.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:08 pm
<Page 35>
Holy shit, Fox is onto something here. On p10 Rj piles onto Yavu behind Jamie. The brain thing is 50/50, he was pressuring brain about the same time as Jamie.

But on 11, Jamie deflects from Rj after two votes on Rj, saying:

<etc etc>

p18-p19, the Jamie/Rj tag team is on brain again.

p21-p22, Rj insta sus's ND once he starts to scumread Mean. I'll be honest, I know it's wrong, but I was dismissing the Mean/Rj connection as Rj Whiteknighting. but the fact Jamie had her as a townread, after saying people scumreading Rj for protecting her should vote her instead, is odd.

CONCLUSION:
Jamie is likely making some very, very angry posts in the God QT.
Rj has been coached.
Scumteam is Jamie/Rj/Steve/Mean/????
I can haz my MVP now k?
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:31 pm
<Page 38>
My top scumread is Steve. He's a slam dunk.
2nd is Rj. He's terrible on reread for points I've made earlier.
Mean is 3rd. Pushing with Jamie, defended by Rj. If Mean is scum (And I believe she is) She is the one that needs to go first.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:44 pm
<Page 39>
MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:37 pm
Demon, why do you think I'm mafia? From your post, it seems like it is just because of what rjm has said about me. You even said my interaction with jamie made me look more town, before you put a scumread on me. You don't know rjm is bad, you do know jamie was, it feels like you're weighting things differently than you should. Please consider at least shooting rjm first. What you're saying doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also, when did I push with jamie?
Rj has defended you to the ends of the earth, and Jamie had you as a townread. Jamie isn't dumb, even though he is dead. My current line of thinking is Rj sheeped him too hard, he tried to bus RJj and make you look good. He had a townread on you solid all day. Combined with other things that look a little out of place (The witch comment, the fact that Rj's recent post sound like they were something you would say, indicating possible coaching) leave me to think you're not on the up and up.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:13 pm
<Page 39>
Reads evolve Brain. Tom showed up and has started actually taking part. I think Ezio was just being a fucking idiot. I'm pretty solidly convinced on Steve/Rj/Mean at this time. If you're going to have my ass shot, have it shot for a real reason, not because you don't like that I'm not uselessly tunneling.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:16 pm
<Page 39>
Holy fuck Rj. Now I am 110% sold he's scum. Brain, if you really are the damn smith give the gun to someone to shoot him. Literally putting me and Tom there right after you said that, could it be any more obvious? He wants the gun so he's saying anything brain wants to hear.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:03 pm
<Page 40>
<Responses to Brain on various other points cut for brevity>

Rj I have pointed out repeatedly in a previous post.

Mean was pushing the counter to the scum wagon incredibly hard, and was deflected from by both Rj and Jamie.

Unless more info comes up, I am confident in all three
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 pm
<Page 44>
<extraneous reads cut for brevity>
Reads (Order based on setup/signup list)

rjmcf - Scum - Linked to Jamie hard. Ended the day on ND. Has defended another of my scumreads doggedly (with Jamie at times), and playing like he doesn't need to worry about dying.

MeanLaQueefa - Moderate Scum - Made a lot of push on the Balki wagon, and was deflected off of by scum Jamie and my scumread Rj. Something is just off here, almost too calculated.
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:55 am
<Page 50>
I still think RJ is a solid lynch.
On Page 51, DemonRHK makes some connections between Brain and Rjm, and some other points, and then decides he's done on Rjm for the moment, saying "So that last bit of harping I'm going to do on RJ, then I'm switching gears to finding other scum until we get much closer to EoD"

On Page 60, DemonRHK is responding to some vague thoughts I had that touched on Rjm and reiterates that he's putting Rjm aside for now to avoid tunneling.

Page 70, 2 hours from EOD, DemonRHK jumps off Bozo to vote for Vash, without much explanation.
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:28 pm
<Page 72, 32 minutes to lynch>

I really, really don't like rd and reedeer both parking votes on the Ezio wagon.

I don't like that bozo likes the wagon I'm on.

I think rd should be the vote, regardless of what Maniac says. He has no more info than the rest of us, only we know he's not maliciously leading us astray

##Vote Tom. He voted rj promising an explanation, and never gave one. It's just sitting as OMGUS for now.
This drops Vash down to 1 vote, and makes Tom the lead wagon (followed by Ezio-3, Rjm-3, ND-2).

Why does Rjm need an explanation??? DemonRHK has been scumreading Rjm for most of the game now...

Also note the Bozo comment. It was in response to a comment about 10 minutes prior where Bozo told Demon that he still found Vash the most suspicious. But Bozo was the only person on Vash when DemonRHK joined that wagon...
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:50 pm
<Page 74, 10 minutes to lynch>
Maniac wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 pm
<etc>
New (and probably final) dead pool

Vash
Rj
Yavuz

Can all town players vote for one of these and mafia vote elsewhere, it'll make finding you easier.
This pool is garbage. Of the three, ##Vote Vash
Rjm, once regarded by DemonRHK as "110%" scum, reduced to a garbage vote.

At this point, ND, Rjm, and Ezio are tied at 4 votes each, and DemonRHK's vote brings Vash up to 2. DemonRHK stays on Vash until the end.

At 8 minutes to go, Mean puts the Vash wagon over the top with 5 votes. DemonRHK comments, "Anyone else just get a real shitty feeling about this wagon?"

The wheel of justice spins spins spins, Rjm goes up, the witch comes down...
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:11 pm
<Page 77, 5 minutes after lynch>
Wow, all those points I had made, and all the tunneling accusations, and I was right. That's what I get for backing off.
And finally...
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 pm
<Page 77>
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:13 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:11 pm
Wow, all those points I had made, and all the tunneling accusations, and I was right. That's what I get for backing off.

Witch gone is huuuuuuge. We in a commanding spot now.
Well, Demon officially substitutes Ezio on my top scumread.
For what? Spending a huge amount of time hounding Rj? How about you? You want to say why you're borderline throwing a tantrum anytime someone says anything about you?
Let's be clear here, DemonRHK's real sin is trying to take credit for the good work I did recognizing Rjm as scum and staying on him.

But secondarily, ignoring a top scumread like that during EOD looks SCUMMY AS FUCK to me.

Summary:
1) DemonRHK scumreads Rjm to high heaven.
2) Then chooses to stop hounding Rjm at the beginning of Day 2, ostensibly to avoid tunneling.
3) Apparently forgets he scumread Rjm and votes Tom for not providing sufficient reads for Rjm.
4) Calls the entirety of Maniacs last deadpool, which contains a consistent scumread, "garbage" and manages to not vote for the witch he'd been scumreading for 3 days
5) Suddenly remembers Rjm exists and takes a victory lap.

ND
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 947

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1578 Post by ND » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:53 am

I can see Demon being scum with RJ and Jamie. Makes sense.

thamrick
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1579 Post by thamrick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:01 am

Rjmcf wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 pm
I’ll tell you why I find your read of Mean particularly weird. You’ve set yourself up as a leader of the town. You’ve got a list going, it seems a little like you’re dictating reads, you’re saying you’re giving out guns etc.

Mean on the other hand is also a potential town leader. They’ve put you in your place, people like them, they’ve got a lot of town reads, and most importantly, they’ve got super logical, good thought processes.

As you dictate the reads, you scumread Mean. I can’t see any reason for this, unless you want to tarnish their reputation, turn the town against them, and retake your position as head of the town, scum as you are. How right am I?
I can't wait to read what the QT had to say about this lol

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3131
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2280
Contact:

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1580 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 am

Maniac, what the fuck are you doing trying to decide the wagons as a townclear? Are you not aware that we have nothing to gain from openly following your direction? Come the later days of this game, your "death pool" will completely obfuscate the day. I want to see what people in this game will do given a full field - how people will arrange themselves into wagons, whether people will stick to their own reads and whether they will justify changes, how they explain their actions, and whether or not patterns will emerge that help us down the road based on pure and untainted yet totally biased play. You are drastically limiting what we can learn and you're doing it because you think you can run the show yourself, yet in all likelihood you're not even going to be alive long enough to finish what you've started. If you have any sense about you, you will do your due diligence from here on out by dragging out lurkers, asking pertinent questions, prying answers out of people, and digging up as much information that you possibly can leaving the rest of us to interpret what it means and decide how we should use it.

Obviously, I'm pissed that you left ND off your list because not even getting the chance to see if the case I made on him could get him lynched means that I don't know whether or not it's worth my bother to see if there is anything to add to the case with new information at hand, but I think I would be even more pissed if you had put him on it because that would completely annihilate any legitimacy to his wagon. Instead of being a wagon that people are getting on because they have a rational argument for him being scum, it would then be a wagon that people are getting on because they have a more rational argument for him being scum than the other small, select group of people that you allowed them to choose from. Sure, maybe you hit pay dirt and you flip scum. You did here. Yet I have absolutely no idea what all of the people who voted Rj and Vash would have done if they had a full plate of options.

Sure, I know, there's something to gain from voting analysis. I'm sure Rj was bussed, and I'm sure there's some people that look good after all of this. If your prerogative is to use your townclear status to interpret information for us, then please tell me what I should think about it. If not, take my advice. As for D2, no matter what we can gleam from it, it's all limited because it all funnels back to your stupid list.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests