Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
captainmeme

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1401 Post by captainmeme » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:36 pm

Could someone tell me what page Jamiet was lynched on?

thamrick

#1402 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:38 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:51 pm
I'm town reading Mean. In her P52 summary of everything, she says a couple things that I don't think scum coming off a night in the Mafia QT would say.

In reading ND, she says "He scum read snowy throughout the game, and that’s an odd thing to do if you’re planning on killing him at night when you’re the only person who has voted for him"

In reading Rjm, "He also scumread snowy in his reads at the end of night, which is a really odd thing to do if he knew he was going to die."

Scum don't go into the Mafia QT knowing who they will kill. If Mean were scum, she would have just spent 24 hours in the Mafia QT and would know that even if there's general consensus, scum don't go in knowing how the discussion will come out. So I see those as town slips, defaulting to how she understands the game is usually played face-to-face because she didn't go to the Mafia QT.
@Foxy - I don't see why the bold part supports your argument re: the Rj part.

As far as the ND part, I've gone back and forth about it for a while. I see what you're saying about the "planning on killing him at night" line being more applicable for F2F mafia where you can't have a real discussion but I also certainly think it's plausible that ND could have gone into the night with the idea to kill Snowy and convinced the other mafia it was a good idea (possibly suspected PR due to Snowy's meta he cites in his scumread argument). So I don't think it's a townslip.

Regardless, I'm more in the townlean camp for ND now. In rereading EoD, his final post reads as if he thought he was going to die. Yav had just tied the vote at 6-6 and ND was in the lead even before Snowy jumped to Jamiet. I just feel like if ND were scum, he would have known Jamiet was scum. Regardless of whether he chose to bus him or not, I would have expected a PR claim to try to draw a CC out and at least figure out a town PR since it was looking like a mafia was going down.

Foxcastle

#1403 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:38 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:36 pm
Page 28

brainbomb

#1404 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:38 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 am
Why people keep saying things without any reasoning and then justify with "later I will explain". This is not good town play, you should make your case and give your reasons so people can discuss. Three people said I am scummy and none give a reason (Brain, Reedeer and Ezio). I am pretty sure at least one is scum trying to set a viable wagon for EOD. Still think Ezio is the most likely.
\\why

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1405 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:38 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:36 pm
Link here

brainbomb

#1406 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 pm

day 1 a number of people became very very willing to lynch yavuz. namely reedeer, thamrick, jamie. they all list him as scum or vote him.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1407 Post by Rjmcf » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 pm

I'm having a difficult evening and can't contribute much at all tonight. I might not even see EoN until like 6 or 8 hours after it passes.

I've laid out my three bullet points for voting Tom, nobody's told me they're shit reasons, noone's given me any reason not to vote Tom, so I'm sticking with Tom. Night everyone.

brainbomb

#1408 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:41 pm

reedeer1 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:19 am
Guess what.

I have my first reads.
I am not yet going to explain all of my reads, but I will when I vote.

---------------------------------------

Probably town

Demon RHK
Tom
Maniac
Mean
Brain

Slight scum
Yavuzovic
Ezio

more likely scum

rdrivera

----------------------------------------

brainbomb

#1409 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm
Okay Bo showed up so lets move on to:

%#VOTE VASHTANEUROTIC

I am on my phone and will probs not be on at EoD1 since I'll be at a gig. Just prior warning.

Rjcmf looks quite scummy right now, as does Ezio. I'm surprised that ND has been absent for quite a while since his early appearance. Maybe he is writing us an essay.

Rdrivera's response to me seemed organic and towny. Thamrick and MeanLaQueefa are likely town.

Brainbomb seems Brainbomb, although I don't like him using "I don't often roll scum" as a defence... edging towards gambler's fallacy there Brain - which you do have a tendency to do.

I note Brain mentioned how I didn't say if I wanted a gun. Well, ok, Brain - that's mostly because I don't believe your claim, so the question didn't seem very important to me (because I don't think you can give out any guns). For the record however, yes I do want a gun. Given I have no other actions it would give me something to do, and everyone knows I like having actions. Plus, I've had a gun twice before and I know how to use it. First gun I had, I shot scum, second gun I fired at scum but my shot was deflected by a ghost. My aim is 100% so far. If the real gunsmith wants to set me up with a gun, go for it.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1410 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 pm

@Brain - I didn't have a scumread on Jamiet, otherwise I would be voting and pushing him before. At EOD as a non stupid or lazy towny I decided to choose between the main wagons and choose Jamiet because I have a townread on NR and Balki. And when I voted I didn't see Balki vote so I thought Jamiet is still a viable wagon (and he was).

ND

#1411 Post by ND » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 pm

##VOTE Rjmcf

I think this is a good vote based on what I have read D2 and D1. I am pretty locked in on this one, but will be around EOD (partially)

captainmeme

#1412 Post by captainmeme » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 pm

##vote Ezio

for now. Not a great vote in general, but I don't think I can discern enough out of the amount I have the time to read to vote elsewhere. According to the bot he's said practically nothing and he's voting Balki, which doesn't make much sense to me given the state of the D1 vote results - that's enough reason for me to vote him here, imo.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1413 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 pm

About the readlist, I am playing on phone, I am on vacation and can't really write walls of text. I really don't think a list full of null and platitudes is really worth the effort, I think the few time I have to play is better expended reading and trying to find scum.

thamrick

#1414 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 pm

@rdrivera - you can't even just say names you lean town and names you lean scum? Or are you saying literally everyone is null? You can give justifications for your reads later.

brainbomb

#1415 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:55 pm
I agree. Jamiet has seemed more uninterested than I'm used to him being. I could get on board with a Jamiet wagon.

I still find Rjmcf off. Reedeer as well but I don't think he's a good D1 lynch. I'm still waiting for those reads he promised earlier.

@RHK can you explain the Tom vote? I don't get it.
its too bad you didnt get to join the party

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1416 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm

Day Two Vote Count 3.0

Rjmcf (3): Tom Bombadil, Foxcastle, ND
Ezio: (3): rdrivera2005, reedeer1, captainmeme
ND (2): bo_sox48, yavuzovic
VashtaNeurotic (2): bozotheclown, DemonRHK
Tom Bombadil (2): Rjmcf, MeanLaQueefa
brainbomb (1): VashtaNeurotic
MeanLaQueefa (1): Balki Bartokomous
Balki Bartokomous (1): Ezio
yavuzovic (1): brainbomb

Not voted (2): Maniac, thamrick

Currently NOBODY is set to be lynched!

You have one hour remaining.

brainbomb

#1417 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 pm
##vote Ezio

for now. Not a great vote in general, but I don't think I can discern enough out of the amount I have the time to read to vote elsewhere. According to the bot he's said practically nothing and he's voting Balki, which doesn't make much sense to me given the state of the D1 vote results - that's enough reason for me to vote him here, imo.
bad vote.

a dead scum called ezio obvious scum with Rjmcf

brainbomb

#1418 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 pm

yea,
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jamie called Rjmcf and ezio obvious scum.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let that sink in.

##Vote Tom

lets do the real stuff now. everyone follow me

thamrick

#1419 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 pm
captainmeme wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 pm
@@vote Ezio

bad vote.

a dead scum called ezio obvious scum with Rjmcf
I'm not calling it a good vote, but didn't you yourself say Jamiet swears by bussing low posting teammates?

bozotheclown

#1420 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:05 pm

@thamrick:

Here is the information you requested about the connections I mentioned:

Vashta voted for Balki when ND was the lead wagon and the only reason he gave for voting Balki was that he did not think ND was scum.

reedeer listed rdrivera as his top scum read D1, was voting for rdrivera D1, then changed his vote to Ezio when rdrivera was the only one voting for Ezio, then followed rdrivera’s switch from Ezio to Jamie. Also, reedeer followed rdrivera’s vote on Ezio D2, and rdrivera even commented on reedeer’s pattern of following his vote.

Yavuzovic was voting for Balki D1 before Balki became a top wagon claiming Balki was his top scum read, but switched from Balki to ND at EOD when the vote Jamie 6, ND 5, Balki 5, saying he voted to prevent a tie when his vote tied the vote between ND and Jamie.