Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
reedeer1

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1341 Post by reedeer1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:36 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:29 pm
@Brain - Not everybody, Reedeer scumread me but sheeped me on Ezio and then your sheeped him. I must be handsome or something.
My Ezio vote was just a placeholder since I am sick, and thought yesterday was EoD. I at the time had not read up to the point where you had voted for him. Ezio is one of the people who I said I would shoot if given the gun, and I don't think he would be a bad lynch today.
Just because you are voting for him, and I think you might be scum, doesn't mean he is not scum as well.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1342 Post by Maniac » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:29 pm
@Maniac - Could you enlighten me why Bo and Fox? And why not RJ? I can easily understand Fox feelings about him.
Neither Bo or Fox are on my list. Brainbomb altered it.

It's not a good idea for me to explain my reasoning. I want people to make cases and reads of their own, rather than just agree with me.

thamrick

#1343 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:10 pm

@anyone - how experienced with mafia was Darg?

Foxcastle

#1344 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm

Darg was with me at the end of the last game (he came in as a replacement late). I don't know his experience beyond that, but his play this game looks a lot like his play last game (which is not a scumread, necessarily).

Foxcastle

#1345 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm
Darg was with me at the end of the last game (he came in as a replacement late). I don't know his experience beyond that, but his play this game looks a lot like his play last game (which is not a scumread, necessarily).
Darg was scum with me, I meant to type.

brainbomb

#1346 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:27 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Are you excited to be scum with him again?
Or is it disappointing?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1347 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm

Just did an Ezio ISO read. It didn't take much time at all:

Ezio full game statistics: 11 Posts, 343 Words.

@Ezio, what gives man? Can you explain why you haven't been around and haven't really made any effort?

Foxcastle

#1348 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:27 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Are you excited to be scum with him again?
Or is it disappointing?
Pretty disappointing, honestly. I liked the last setup where they told me I was scum and gave me the link to the Mafia QT. Helped me feel connected. This time, I just got a "You are a vanilla townie" PM and no QT link, so that's a pretty crappy way to start out as scum. I blame the GMs, but hey, they're just going to say "it was council approved" or whatever.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1349 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:34 pm

@Brain - It's really disappointing you changing quotes, I should have known better but maybe it's important to the future. I confess this new forum isn't helping me, that feature you have to click submit many times if other people are posting is really annoying.

brainbomb

#1350 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:36 pm

VANILLA TOWNIE
You are a VANILLA TOWNIE. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

You didnt capitalize it.

Yer lock scum now

thamrick

#1351 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:36 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 pm
Pretty disappointing, honestly. I liked the last setup where they told me I was scum and gave me the link to the Mafia QT. Helped me feel connected. This time, I just got a "You are a vanilla townie" PM and no QT link, so that's a pretty crappy way to start out as scum. I blame the GMs, but hey, they're just going to say "it was council approved" or whatever.
Miller confirmed.

Foxcastle

#1352 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:40 pm

@Captainmeme... Care to answer for your predecessor on a few things?

Darg's assertion that guns shouldn't be given out on Day 1.

Darg's vote for Yavuz.

Darg's theory of Mean as scum (p51).

Do you agree with these actions/conclusions, and can you give me an assessment of whether you think they were right or wrong?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1353 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:51 pm

"Miller confirmed."

What??

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1354 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:53 pm

I am getting more and more bad juju vibes from bozo. I know he said it was late, but what he did reply with was mechanical, he's not really given us his opinions of anything.

Going to go over N1 again.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1355 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Just to give everyone a heads up - I'll be somewhat available until about 4 - then I have a work meeting. It will likely be done by 5:30ish so I should be around for EOD shenanigans.

If you are considering lynching me, reread me from the beginning and don't just sheeps brains case. I think if you actually reread me you will realize that I'm town and not a good lynch.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1356 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:09 pm

For those not in my timezone I should be around about half an hour before deadline.

thamrick

#1357 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Looking at the Yav wagon D1

Brain is first on it. No justification for the vote. Yav was on BB at that point and lots of people were questioning Yav.

After a small exchange between Brain and Yav, Jamiet jumps on the Yav wagon, with also no explanation (see my previous lengthy post for more Jamiet-Yav connection)

Brain jumps off the Yav wagon after Yav gets defensive. Tells Yav to calm down and talk to him later. From that point on, Brain defends Yav pretty hard. Possibly was just convinced by Yav's reaction, but seems weird. Yav was in a 3 way tie for wagon lead with 2 votes and over a day til EoD (tied with Brain, with Yav still on Brain). Not a lot of pressure and his reaction was weird and unconvincing to me.

RHK jumps on next. He'd been pressing Yav for weird behavior. Makes a case for the vote.

Darg votes for Yav for his weird reaction to the gunsmith claim. Says he won't be on at EoD. His vote stays planted on Yav all D1.

The next post (7 mins later), Jamiet jumps off the Yav wagon and starts pressuring lurkers.

This seems weird to me.

Knowing Jamiet was scum, he either was on the Yav wagon to get a wagon started for an easy mislynch (Yav was being pretty widely questioned), or for easy bus credit.

Jamiet jumping off seems strange. Seems like either:
-Jamiet thought that this would be enough momentum to keep a Yav wagon going and didn't want to be part of a mislynch wagon

-Other scum were on the Yav wagon and Jamiet wanted to distance himself from them

-Yav was scum and Jamiet didn't like how much momentum was growing on the Yav wagon.

After Jamiet got off Yav, Yav never made it over 3 votes. ND brought it back to 3 later in the day. RHK switched from Yav to Tom, then ND switched Yav to Brain. 1 seems unlikely as there was never any more effort to get a Yav wagon going again.

I think either Yav is scum, or some scum other than Jamiet was also on the Yav wagon.

TL;DR - Scum among - Yav, Darg, Brain, RHK. Possibly ND.

thamrick

#1358 Post by thamrick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:15 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:51 pm
"Miller confirmed."

What??
A joke.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1359 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:29 pm

The people that did not post any sort of a read list N1:

Brain
yavu
Mean
snowy
ND
Maniac
darg/meme
Vash
rd
bozo
Ezio

So we remove snowy and Maniac as conf town. Remove brain because he had his reads hemorrhaging all night.

yavu
Mean
ND
darg/meme
Vash
rd
bozo
Ezio

Everyrone except Tom from Maniac's lynch list is on there. Let's do a summary of what each of these people actually did at night.

yavu - had almost nothing of substance. One interesting point is accuses Mean of being witch, then asks if mafia vote in the QT. Then throws shade on all of brains reads while saying he still townread him, almost trying to buddy him for a gun it looked like.

Mean - Attack attack attack. It's pretty much 100% a Balki assault end to end. Fun side note, she mentions the word 'Balki' 23 times in 9 posts.

ND - Snowy tunnel

darg/meme - the 'ol 'in hindsight' excuse, but spent the couple of posts he had answering questions, but not asking any.

Vash - Argued against guns, and defended snowy

rd - a hard to read through vote analysis, and a opening comment on pressuring lurkers that showed EoD...which is what he did.

bozo - Throws shade at ND, and replies to a couple inquiries from Tom.

Ezio - Literally zero.

---

So there are mountains of people not providing shit. Ezio never posted. People fail to post EoN reads for 2 reasons: They're scum and know they'll be alive, or they're lazy af. My opinion, when comparing to the list Mnaiac provided, is that Ezio and bozo are the best lynch option of the lurks.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1360 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm

@Demon - This list thing is bullshit I used to post very good reads when I was scum. And reads D1 are usually a bunch of null reads and "gut feelings".