Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3140
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2312
Contact:

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1221 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:33 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:53 pm
This whole post is full of generalities, Tom.

If you're just really frustrated with brain, why are you lashing out at him? Do you know brain at all? Is that supposed to actually help your frustration? The only reason to lash out at him is to get him to get pissed off back at you and rage quit like he always does, and given how you two have interacted in past games and given that I think I know how each of you two play as both town and mafia fairly well, I think you fully intended to get him to shut up and whether you did that as town or mafia I would appreciate it if you would come out and say it and take the heat that you deserve for doing so.
This is just scum coaching scum to try to irritate me into a rage. You freely accept I am town here but tell tom to engage in destructive anti town behavior in hopes I fly off the handle and rage quit.

Open wolfing to new extremes
He already irritated you into a rage. That was my whole point. Did you forget already?

brainbomb
Posts: 16712
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4815

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1222 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:34 pm

Townies wanna be mvps they wanna be heroes. They wanna believe they got it figured out.

Scum dont think theyve solved, in fact unless theyre bussing they know for a fact its a mistake. The mislynch is bait. And the victims are beligerent scummy town who cant resist the tasty fruit.

Scum just wanna drive confused people onto who looks scummiest and give no reasons to doubt why they are scummy. Theyll never try to find reasons why their choices could be town.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 am
Karma: 26

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1223 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:28 pm
Seriously, you're scummy af Rjmcf. Ughhh. Every time I try to start townreading you, you blow up some irrational and pointless post. I'm sticking with my gut. You're scum.

That said, I'm happy to respond to whatever you're curious about. I told you I disagreed with the mentality you were taking when you made your post. I reread it. I don't see anything I feel like you asked me that you didn't either already answer yourself or that warranted a response.

What questions do you have for me?
I explained the difference between the mentality I tried to have and the mentality that you perceived me as having, and then asked for an example that proved that I had the wrong mentality. Can you find one?

brainbomb
Posts: 16712
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4815

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1224 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Why tom could be town?

Because maybe he was super busy day 1 and its messed up his reads.
Maybe hes actually mad?
Maybe he isnt noticing who is scummy because im tunneling too hard.

Ive considered all those possibilities. And theres reasons why none of those apply. He seems opportunistic as opposed to concerned. Look at his would shoot column. Bozo? What has bozo done that is even scummy? Is bozo really our biggest concern? Is dargorygel?
Is meanlaqueefa the most dangerous potential scum player in the game?

I dont feel tom is challenging people that will help solve the mystery. Hes just going after low fruit.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 am
Karma: 26

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1225 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Ok, there's the dialogue I wanted. Thank you brain. Let me compile my scum reads so we can compare.

For now, ##VOTE Tom.

thamrick
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1226 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:45 pm

@RJ

Looking at your first lengthy post - #1037 - not quoting due to its length and to prevent clutter

I feel like you're approaching the whole post from three mindsets - (1) anyone who questioned Maniac is suspect, (2) Maniac knew what he was doing from the start, and (3) anyone who townread Maniac looks good.

You first add to your case against RHK because he called Maniac out for buddying (1).

Next, you cite Maniac calling RHK scum because his interpretation of RHK's behavior and add that to the case against RHK. (2)

You then call me out for reading Maniac as slight scum with no justification (which is fair. I didn't justify it, but that's how I was reading it at the time, and that's how I continued to read it until he was cleared. I was wrong, but I stand by why I thought there was scumminess.) (1)

**Your next Maniac quote is misleading - when I reread it, I interpreted it as Maniac saying those things post the D1 vote, but really it was 3 hrs prior to EoD so RHK and Yav moving off other votes to put themselves in the lead really meant it left only like 2 votes on them, still not really in much danger of lynch, so careful to towncred them solely on that.**

Next, you call me out again for still listing Maniac as scum. (1) You justify this by saying my reads hadn't changed even though Maniac had shown a willingness to change his reads (2). The quote you posted from Maniac was literally his only post between my first "read" where I said I thought Maniac was slight scum and the second post where I posted my full reads.

Then, you say reedeer looks good because he read Maniac well (3). I would argue the opposite. The fact that reedeer had Maniac as a top townread for no particularly good reason makes me suspect him more than it makes me think he's clear.

thamrick
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1227 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:46 pm

@RJ - if you have any follow up, I'll be back online in two hours and around all day tomorrow

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 am
Karma: 26

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1228 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 pm

Scumreads:

Ezio: Lurking, voting with little to no reasoning, one word posts. Not a damaging scum in the sense that they're not pushing any wagons, but brain you said that scum might hide strong PRs so idk.

bo_sox48: I didn't like how long it took him to answer my question at the start of day 2. He's been very defensive all of today and it's putting me on edge.

Tom Bombadil: I'm happy to lynch, you make a good case.

ND: A lot of the arguments for town ND are vote analysis related or meta analysis, and I can't do that shit yet. This is just a gut feeling.

VashtaNeurotic: Same as ND, arguments for town Vash I can't handle and don't properly trust yet so I'm going with gut again.

thamrick: Seems a little too opportunistic, but has just nicely broken down my analysis (finally).

Ordered most to least scummy.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2781
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2297

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1229 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Didn’t you just defend me?
1

brainbomb
Posts: 16712
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4815

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1230 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:00 am

Lets play a game!

"Who said it"


@brainbomb - are you convinced all of these are town? I probably read superSteve as town but literally either no opinion or slight scum on the others (Maniac slight scum).
Maniac never does anything to contribute positively and I have no idea why yall think he's good at this game. Is there a case on him other than him being bad at mafia?
Maniac's vote is publicly based off of me doing what I said I was going to, because someone else thought I wouldn't.
Maniac - maybe I just don't like Maniac's style of play, but has seemed very unhelpful. If you're not scum Maniac, start trying to help town - SCUM
At the time I voted, ND was the lead wagon with snowy, bozo, rjmcf, and foxcastle, Balki was 2nd with Mean, yavu, and Maniac, then 3 people were tied for 3rd with 2 (RHK, Vash, and Jamiet). I had townreads of the majority of the ND wagon except for rjmcf, but I had kind of accepted that I was probably unfairly tunneling rjmcf for his weirdness with Mean.

The Balki wagon had Maniac and Yavu, both of whom I was and am unsure of, plus I was getting pretty strong town reads on Balki anyways so I didn't want to get on that one.

@reedeer - explain your top scum and top townreads. I ask because I strongly townread your top scumread (rdrivera) and slightly scumread your top townread (Maniac)

My top town read is Maniac, but it could be as easily ND or bozo. Maniac as i said before because he made some posts that seemed very genuin early, but any of my reads are just feelings and so any few posts could change them

Reedeers very wolfy reads list with Maniac at the top.

Cringey.

If reedeer flips wolf I feel like maniac is scum.

Besides like what has maniac done at all

Im thinkin maniac-reedeer-bo are solid lynches. Reedeer is scum or vash is scum. I strongly doubt that both are


Some combo of Tom-maniac-reedeer-vash-bo-tha​mrick, and doing it in such a way you dont challenge any big talkers or try to develop scumreads that require a person who knows how to call it bullshit right to you
Well theyre not in yer POE anyway but I tell you what. If im wrong on you, its probably some combo of rivera-bo-fox-maniac.

Maybe its rivera-maniac-vash-ezio?

​Maniac - he is more concerned about the player list being in alphabetical order than he is scumhunting. Classic Maniac. His vote for brainbomb on page 6 is so hilariously bad. Scum Maniac is bad, but he’s conceited; town Maniac on the other hand would love to solve the puzzle but just has no idea how to do it so he just waits until he has a hand to play. Sheeping MeanLaQueefa onto Balki on page 21 rubbed me the wrong way but it felt like Maniac just not giving a shit as opposed to Maniac trying to skirt around the responsibility of doing something, which means he’s probably town. If yall don’t mislynch him for being a bad townie, maybe he’ll actually be a decent player later in the game once he has some information to trudge through.
I largely still think ND, Rjm, and Yavuz are scum. Tom is suspect.
Thamrick, snowy, Maniac and Mean seem Town. And Brainbomb, too.
Time to drive home. I'll unpack this a bit more shortly - not surprised by snowy's flip, but Maniac being town is interesting. Can look into those trying to set up a Maniac lynch.
Well done Maniac.

You have my sword. I shall firmly apologize for my unfortunate 180 on you
Maniac, aren't you dead?
reedeer1
Rip Maniac and Snowy. Bad luck that we had three town deaths N1 rather than two.
...Maniac isn't dead.
Maniac, speak to me!
Maniac isn't dead.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1784
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 717

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1231 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 am

@Rj:

I am dropped off of your scumreads? Also, You list Ezio as your strongest scumread, but what about reedeer? (Who's done the same thing)

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 am
Karma: 26

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1232 Post by Rjmcf » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:02 am

@thamrick. I really appreciate the feedback.

@everyone is anyone else willing to do a full reread post Maniac clear I'd really like to compare so I can learn how to reason in this situation

@Tom I didn't defend you, I attacked brain's reasoning.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2781
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2297

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1233 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 am

You attacked brains reasoning and then sheeped him because he had good reasoning?
1

brainbomb
Posts: 16712
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4815

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1234 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:06 am

Tom why do you townread bo at all?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 am
Karma: 26

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1235 Post by Rjmcf » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:07 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 am
@Rj:

I am dropped off of your scumreads? Also, You list Ezio as your strongest scumread, but what about reedeer? (Who's done the same thing)
Yeah, you said you were going to find other links and you went and found other links. Fair play to you.

Let me look into reedeer.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 am
Karma: 26

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1236 Post by Rjmcf » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:08 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 am
You attacked brains reasoning and then sheeped him because he had good reasoning?
There were two sets of reasoning. The first one was bad, the second one was good.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1784
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 717

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1237 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:09 am

Oooh I love games. I'm gonna try this without looking at post history.

1) Tham or Fox?
2) Sounds like Jamie or bo
3) Me!
4) Rj?
5) Mean
6) tham or Balki
7) rd
8) Brain
9) Brain or Vash
10) Brain
11) Brain
12) Brain
13) bo?
14) Fox
15) I remember the driving line. Tom?
16) Brain
17) reedeer
18) bozo? Not sure.
19) Me
20) Rj?
21) I forget who else pointed it out...Vash?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2781
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2297

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1238 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:12 am

I townread bo because his case against ND comes from a town mindset. Scum would likely go after an easier target than the second leading wagon whom most people would townread by default after a d1 lunch of scum.
1

brainbomb
Posts: 16712
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4815

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1239 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 am

Maniac, are you going to shoot me?

If you do let me post reads and say goodbye. I see that the way I flip flopped on you probably deserves my death. It was a full 180 because of how you voted and how the day ended. Im glad yer a clear. That being said I probably would see that plus a fake claim as nail-in-coffin slam dunk.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 am
Karma: 26

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1240 Post by Rjmcf » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:12 am
I townread bo because his case against ND comes from a town mindset. Scum would likely go after an easier target than the second leading wagon whom most people would townread by default after a d1 lunch of scum.
So to clarify terminology, is this reasoning WIFOM because a reasonable response might be "But knowing that, wouldn't scum go for harder targets to cover themselves?", or is only that response WIFOM?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests