Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1201 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:37 pm
Bo why are you sucking up to maniac?
Clearly, I'm buddying the town clear, which is suspicious as hell given that I'm under no suspicion at all from basically anyone and totally need to buddy the townclear in order to survive the day.

brainbomb

#1202 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:44 pm

I recommend shooting Tom. If you have the arsenal to do so

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1203 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:45 pm

bo_sox48 wrote: @​Rj … “I've still not got an answer on the damn borks, and now when someone I read as super influential has me pegged as scum for an unfounded, newbie opinion, they won't change their mind when I very clearly stated that I had changed mine.”

Why does this bother you so much? That’s the point that I wanted to drive home with what I said. You are acting exclusively in self interest. All you care about is what people feel about you.
[\quote]

It did bother me, it wouldn't now. Remember, that's a few hours into my mafia experience. Cut me some slack for being a little self-absorbed. If you remember a later quote from me:
Rjmcf, p39 wrote: But honestly, grill me. If that helps you cement that I’m town, I’m fine with that. Shoot me if you need to. I just want town to win on my first game, that’s my only goal.
Also bb and thamrick I'd like to hear some retorts regarding my analysis p.52. thamrick you gave a half-hearted attempt to discredit it but didn't come back to me after I asked for clarification?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1204 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 pm

bo_sox48 wrote: @​Rj … “I've still not got an answer on the damn borks, and now when someone I read as super influential has me pegged as scum for an unfounded, newbie opinion, they won't change their mind when I very clearly stated that I had changed mine.”

Why does this bother you so much? That’s the point that I wanted to drive home with what I said. You are acting exclusively in self interest. All you care about is what people feel about you.
It did bother me, it wouldn't now. Remember, that's a few hours into my mafia experience. Cut me some slack for being a little self-absorbed. If you remember a later quote from me:
Rjmcf, p39 wrote: But honestly, grill me. If that helps you cement that I’m town, I’m fine with that. Shoot me if you need to. I just want town to win on my first game, that’s my only goal.
Also bb and thamrick I'd like to hear some retorts regarding my analysis p.52. thamrick you gave a half-hearted attempt to discredit it but didn't come back to me after I asked for clarification?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1205 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Disregard me forgetting which way the closing slash goes AGAIN.

brainbomb

#1206 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Rj, please lynch tom with me. He is scum

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1207 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:48 pm
I'm not convinced. His frustration seemed genuine to me, and I can imagine myself doing exactly what he did. The flipping read order thing. I haven't been giving my reads in any particular order either. Let me look over the arguments again before I come down for certain either way.

brainbomb

#1208 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:53 pm

This whole post is full of generalities, Tom.

If you're just really frustrated with brain, why are you lashing out at him? Do you know brain at all? Is that supposed to actually help your frustration? The only reason to lash out at him is to get him to get pissed off back at you and rage quit like he always does, and given how you two have interacted in past games and given that I think I know how each of you two play as both town and mafia fairly well, I think you fully intended to get him to shut up and whether you did that as town or mafia I would appreciate it if you would come out and say it and take the heat that you deserve for doing so.
This is just scum coaching scum to try to irritate me into a rage. You freely accept I am town here but tell tom to engage in destructive anti town behavior in hopes I fly off the handle and rage quit.

Open wolfing to new extremes

RagingIke297

#1209 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:54 pm

GM note: captainmeme is stepping in for dargorygel, dargorygel has had something come up IRL and will no longer be able to devote the time to properly play the game. Meme may just be stepping in for a few days or he may finish the game, because dargorygel is unsure of the duration for what he has going on.

Bot stuff: Captainmeme has replaced dargorygel
dargorygel has been replaced by captainmeme

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1210 Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:01 pm

Welcome CaptainMeme it's been a long time. Do you still lurk like it's an Olympic sport?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1211 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:01 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:53 pm

This whole post is full of generalities, Tom.

If you're just really frustrated with brain, why are you lashing out at him? Do you know brain at all? Is that supposed to actually help your frustration? The only reason to lash out at him is to get him to get pissed off back at you and rage quit like he always does, and given how you two have interacted in past games and given that I think I know how each of you two play as both town and mafia fairly well, I think you fully intended to get him to shut up and whether you did that as town or mafia I would appreciate it if you would come out and say it and take the heat that you deserve for doing so.
This is just scum coaching scum to try to irritate me into a rage. You freely accept I am town here but tell tom to engage in destructive anti town behavior in hopes I fly off the handle and rage quit.

Open wolfing to new extremes
I don't agree with you brain. bo is saying that there is a reason to lash out at you, and that is to make you ragequit. He's asking for Tom to admit to doing this, not telling him to do it more.

I'm agreeing with you less and less at the minute, you're seeming more and more agitated.

brainbomb

#1212 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:02 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:51 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:48 pm
I'm not convinced. His frustration seemed genuine to me, and I can imagine myself doing exactly what he did. The flipping read order thing. I haven't been giving my reads in any particular order either. Let me look over the arguments again before I come down for certain either way.
Regardless of whatever it is you are struggling to understand let meay out a full case on tom.

■ Lurked all day 1 and anchored on DemonRHK
■ At night had 5 townreads, hard defends reeedeer for strange reasons, lists snowy as top town
■comes back 45 minutes later says,reeder is even stronger of a townread
■ puts his townreads in what he claims is no discernable or logical.order (so why do they get shuffled?)

If there is no order to them why does the order change?
■blames the new forum says it didnt submit
■45 minutes elapsed between posts.
■ the reads change, rivera is moved, ND is moved, snowy is moved, why?

Even if theyre random, why?

■ Tom isnt trying to find reasons to townread people today
■lacks usual aggression he displays as town
■ is going after mostly weak defenseless or inexperienced targets
■ is scum with foxcastle

Ive already explained why RHK is town, why ND is likely town, why yavuz, why thamrick, why bozo, and a host of other people are pribably not scum. Tom has never left my crosshairs. And I think people are missing how obvious this is, how much info we glean by following me

brainbomb

#1213 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Were going to start running out of exoerienced players who know how to hunt. Once maniac and I are dead, even tho were not PR, people are going to start getting things wrong.

You must lynch tom-fox today and tomorrow so we have a shot at finally winning one of these games

Foxcastle

#1214 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:07 pm

Was there an actual case on me, Brainbomb? I missed it, if so.

brainbomb

#1215 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:11 pm

There will be fox. I know exactly what you are doing. But itll be tomorrow. Im devoting my energy today to getting rid of my dear friend. Its unfortunate. He and I are good friends and colleagues. Its a game. I think hes a smart fella, but ive seen his scum game and his town. This aint his town meta.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1216 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:15 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:02 pm
■ Lurked all day 1 and anchored on DemonRHK
Fair point
■ At night had 5 townreads, hard defends reeedeer for strange reasons, lists snowy as top town
Is 5 townreads unusual? I agree with his reasons for townreading reedeer, now I understand reedeer's post. Snowy as top town I found weird at the time but now is at least plausible.
■comes back 45 minutes later says,reeder is even stronger of a townread
■ puts his townreads in what he claims is no discernable or logical.order (so why do they get shuffled?)

If there is no order to them why does the order change?
The order changes because he's not copying and pasting, he's just writing them out. These two points are contradictory.
■blames the new forum says it didnt submit
No he doesn't. He says it's difficult to know whether a post has submitted, and that's why he thought it reasonable that it didn't submit.
■45 minutes elapsed between posts.
So?
■ the reads change, rivera is moved, ND is moved, snowy is moved, why?

Even if theyre random, why?
Same point, same rebuke.
■ Tom isnt trying to find reasons to townread people today
fair point
■lacks usual aggression he displays as town
If you say so.
■ is going after mostly weak defenseless or inexperienced targets
Could be coincidence.
■ is scum with foxcastle
That's a whooole other argument, and why lynch Tom and not Foxy?
Tom has never left my crosshairs. And I think people are missing how obvious this is, how much info we glean by following me
Yes, you've been very focussed. But I thought town were meant to think for themselves and not follow anyone?

You've got a long list, but only two of those points are irrefutable. I'm not at all sold on a Tom lynch, and honestly I expected better reasoning from you based on what I've seen so far.

Care to tell me why you so completely changed your read of Maniac, and why thamrick keeps leaping on whoever you go for?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1217 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 pm
Were going to start running out of exoerienced players who know how to hunt. Once maniac and I are dead, <b>even tho were not PR</b>, people are going to start getting things wrong.

You must lynch tom-fox today and tomorrow so we have a shot at finally winning one of these games
Interesting

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1218 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Lol at me trying to html tag. You get my drift.

thamrick

#1219 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:28 pm

Seriously, you're scummy af Rjmcf. Ughhh. Every time I try to start townreading you, you blow up some irrational and pointless post. I'm sticking with my gut. You're scum.

That said, I'm happy to respond to whatever you're curious about. I told you I disagreed with the mentality you were taking when you made your post. I reread it. I don't see anything I feel like you asked me that you didn't either already answer yourself or that warranted a response.

What questions do you have for me?

brainbomb

#1220 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Rj

This is not a game of who can yell loudest. If it was id win every game. There has to be a level of trust, give and take. Ive done the best I can to make the case. Granted it has zero to do with yesterdays wagons, but a cfd end of day is not a smart spot to start willy nilly lynching all the counter wagons. Its messy and too much wifom. In my experience dunking counter wagons leads to framing the wrong culprits and it creates long mislymch chains straight to lylo.

Today is still day 1 for purposes pf evaluating who is trying - who isnt - who is different today than yesterday.

Who coasted day 1
■ Rivera
■ tom
■ vash
■ bo due to illness maybe
■ foxcastle
■ Jamie

Good chance given how chaotic day 1 was, and how wild the last 45 minutes were, scum probably noticed that lurking wasnt working. So they probably put themselves in the thread in greater presence today. Note increase in what would seem to be activity by tom and bo, foxcastle is mostly just chiming in with musings here and there.

Im a negotiator. Sell me on your scumreads and why I should buy them? I think we agree on bo actually

For example if people support me in lynching Tom I will agree to take a step back regardless of outcome and hear others ideas out.

Im not gonna lynch ppl whom I dont scumread. But I absolutely will join someone who wants to lynch in my top scumreads. Possibly even ppl in my scumreads like fox. If he wants to bus- good.