Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1041 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 pm

DemonRHK, p44 wrote:rjmcf - Scum - Linked to Jamie hard. Ended the day on ND. Has defended another of my scumreads doggedly (with Jamie at times), and playing like he doesn't need to worry about dying.
I maintain that your proposed links between me and Jamiet were either incorrect or unremarkable. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the general consensus was that town are less afraid to die? I can quote the mafia guide if you want.

@Foxy, can you tell me what I'd be doing differently as newbie town?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1042 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 pm

Aaaaand he's gone. He drops in to contradict me and then won't stick around long enough to support his argument?

Foxcastle

#1043 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 pm
DemonRHK, p44 wrote:rjmcf - Scum - Linked to Jamie hard. Ended the day on ND. Has defended another of my scumreads doggedly (with Jamie at times), and playing like he doesn't need to worry about dying.
I maintain that your proposed links between me and Jamiet were either incorrect or unremarkable. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the general consensus was that town are less afraid to die? I can quote the mafia guide if you want.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1044 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:48 pm

@brain - If you read those two posts you will see they are pretty much the same. With this new forum, when you hit submit, if there have been posts made while you were typing they show up first (at least for me since I have the settings so that the most recent posts are on page 1 - reverse how the previous forum worked). So I didn't think my post went through because several people had posted in between - which is why I rewrote my thoughts - not word for word. That is why the order is different.

For once in your mafia career can you read the game and use what you read to formulate opinions rather than coming up with wild theories and then cherrypicking posts that fit your story? You are really good at pressuring people and getting people to talk, but you are dreadful at finding scum because of this.

Foxcastle

#1045 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
No, not really. See, I didn't have a townie childhood either. It's a tough life, being newbie scum, kid, and you gotta grow up fast. Newbie townies, they get mommies and daddies. But not us. Our scum parents never love us. Oh, you might get a "leans town" every now and again, but mostly they ignore us when they aren't busing us. You have to learn to get by on what you can make up on the spot, or what scraps they throw you in the Mafia QT. It's tough, but it makes you strong. So when we do lynch you, hold your head up proudly, because even if it doesn't seem like it now, being newbie scum is a gift that makes you better.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1046 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:03 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:56 pm
Rjmcf wrote:
No, not really. See, I didn't have a townie childhood either. It's a tough life, being newbie scum, kid, and you gotta grow up fast. Newbie townies, they get mommies and daddies. But not us. Our scum parents never love us. Oh, you might get a "leans town" every now and again, but mostly they ignore us when they aren't busing us. You have to learn to get by on what you can make up on the spot, or what scraps they throw you in the Mafia QT. It's tough, but it makes you strong. So when we do lynch you, hold your head up proudly, because even if it doesn't seem like it now, being newbie scum is a gift that makes you better.
So what you're saying is that you have no idea whether this is newbie scum behaviour, or just newbie behaviour that you're reading as scum because you started as scum? Can someone else get in on this and tell me whether me feeling embarrassed when I make a fool of myself is a human response or a scum response please?

That having been said, that was adorable. I would appreciate it more if I was scum.

Foxcastle

#1047 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:03 pm
So what you're saying is that you have no idea whether this is newbie scum behaviour, or just newbie behaviour that you're reading as scum because you started as scum? Can someone else get in on this and tell me whether me feeling embarrassed when I make a fool of myself is a human response or a scum response please?

That having been said, that was adorable. I would appreciate it more if I was scum.
I'm saying I have a very good idea that it is newbie scum behavior (based on a single case totally obfuscated by it being my own experience, which I cannot objectively judge). And it doesn't look like any of the newbie town I've watched play. I don't have a lot of experience, but your effort to paint it as me having "no idea" is flawed at best. I obviously do have some idea, and it smells desperate to try to deny it outright.

Also, people don't come to anonymized internet game sites to have human responses. Please...

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1048 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:21 pm

I mean I know it's flawed. Both of our viewpoints are flawed, because we are both incredibly biased by our own experiences. Hence why I asked for someone else to have a look too. Happy to leave this until we get some other input?

What did you think of my reread post Maniac clear?

Foxcastle

#1049 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:24 pm

@MeanLaQueefa... I recall you said you played a lot of face-to-face mafia. How does that compare mechanically to this game? I've never played FtF before, and I'm wondering how you deal with the Night phases. I assume you do not just announce to the room "Okay, PRs and mafia team, come up and submit your orders/NK votes"...

Foxcastle

#1050 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 pm
Aaaaand he's gone. He drops in to contradict me and then won't stick around long enough to support his argument?
Was this pointed at me, Rjm?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1051 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:28 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 pm
Rjmcf wrote:
It was, the "who's online" at the bottom didn't list you.

Foxcastle

#1052 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:28 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:21 pm
I mean I know it's flawed. Both of our viewpoints are flawed, because we are both incredibly biased by our own experiences. Hence why I asked for someone else to have a look too. Happy to leave this until we get some other input?

I'll assess your Maniac assessment in a while.

Also, asking for one of your scum buddies to swoop in and take your side is scummy. So is the shift from the certitude of the prior post that I have "no idea" to the current post of "I know it's flawed." So is the false equivalency of "we are both incredibly biased."

Foxcastle

#1053 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:28 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 pm
Rjmcf wrote:
It was, the "who's online" at the bottom didn't list you.
It's 8AM here and I'm not even wearing pants yet. Forgive me.

I just find everything about you scummy. Including throwing shade for me not replying immediately. I'm going to try, try to give that up when go for a reread later today.

thamrick

#1054 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:04 am

##CALL GM - can you verify that if someone was visited by the Nurse and the Hooker they would receive two separate PMs?
Bump

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1055 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:28 pm
Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:21 pm

I'll assess your Maniac assessment in a while.

Also, asking for one of your scum buddies to swoop in and take your side is scummy. So is the shift from the certitude of the prior post that I have "no idea" to the current post of "I know it's flawed." So is the false equivalency of "we are both incredibly biased."
Oh come on man. You said that you "cannot objectively judge" the "single case" that you're using to build an argument against me. I'm asking for people to judge me! Is that scummy now too?

Also I didn't assert that you have no idea. What I actually said was "So what you're saying is that you have no idea..." I was presenting an interpretation. I was hoping you'd agree.

I don't believe that that is a false equivalency. You said yourself that, and I quote again, you "cannot objectively judge". Obviously I'm biased because it's me.
Foxcastle wrote:It's 8AM here and I'm not even wearing pants yet. Forgive me.
I do forgive you. I don't know either of those things. Step out of your head and see how it looks to me. You didn't respond for 10 minutes when I responded within 2, and you weren't appearing online.

Anyway, I'm done arguing. I don't want to get into another pointless tunnel sesh.

thamrick

#1056 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:48 pm
@brain - If you read those two posts you will see they are pretty much the same. With this new forum, when you hit submit, if there have been posts made while you were typing they show up first (at least for me since I have the settings so that the most recent posts are on page 1 - reverse how the previous forum worked). So I didn't think my post went through because several people had posted in between - which is why I rewrote my thoughts - not word for word. That is why the order is different.

For once in your mafia career can you read the game and use what you read to formulate opinions rather than coming up with wild theories and then cherrypicking posts that fit your story? You are really good at pressuring people and getting people to talk, but you are dreadful at finding scum because of this.
That's not true. You were responding to Brain's post immediately below (above, if your settings are reversed) your first one. He called reedeer's voting "insincere"
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm
I find reedeer justification for voting Jamie strange and insincere.
which is the exact wording you used in your response.

I didn't find it too troublesome at first, but your blatant lying about it now is.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1057 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:48 pm

##GM Note:

Yes. If someone is roleblocked twice, they will be notified twice.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1058 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

My god you guys are dense.

What am I blatanly lying about?

I posted. Then I looked and didn't see my post so I didn't think it went through (since you often have to hit submit twice in this forum). So I retyped my thoughts.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1059 Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm

@Tom - I'm interested in your views on Bozotheclown. Can you tell me why you had him as top scum read on D1 please?

@Ezio - could you please let me know your current thoughts concerning DemonDHK? Also have you changed your mind at all about BB or do you think his claim is non-alignment indicative?

@dargorygel - how you doing old buddy old pal. You are one of very few to be questioning yavuz yesterday. How do you feel about him today.

@MeanLaQueefa - Can I have you top two scum reads. I like the cut of your jib and might just sheep you again.

@Brainbomb - I'm only reading about half of what you write. Maybe the other half is insightful, but I'll never know. Why did you give me a gun?

@bo_sox48 - you made a really good point about Jamie not trying to save himself which casts shade onto ND and Balki. You also suspect Yavuz. Out of those three who would be your top scum read.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1060 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm

I'm busy today.

Lynch MLQ.

2/2.