Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#861 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:57 pm

I only made it till about page 6 - and then was not active, so there weren't many people to engage with. I usually just ignore brain because he invites pressure himself. I tried to engage rdrivera a bit, but focused on RHK because I found his actions scummy and he was online and responding to me.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#862 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:57 pm

##CALL GM - what is happening with Steve? Are you modkilling him at the EON if there is no replacement? It is a hell of a lot easier to figure out his role is he isn't here and nobody else has taken his place.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#863 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 pm

Reads (Order based on setup/signup list)

DemonRHK - Town - Me. Hello me!

Foxcastle - Slight Town - Not making cases, but is posting opinions, and asking some questions. However, ended the day on ND.

ND - Moderate Town - Posted often, made cases, voted and ended the day on scum. Was on of the counterwagons to scum as well.

bozotheclown - Null - Much lurk, little content when he did post. Ended the day on ND. No notable links on quick glance.

Ezio - Null - Anchored my ass D1 and never moved. No posts tonight. Lurky as hell, but giving a lazy vibe compared to a malicious vibe.

rdrivera2005 - Slight Town - Asked a lot of questions D1, voted scum (late however), and had a nice voting writeup.

yavuzovic - Null - I think Jamie's flip makes yavu look very town, as his vote flipped the tide onto Jamie. Playing lost af however, and needs to focus up.

rjmcf - Scum - Linked to Jamie hard. Ended the day on ND. Has defended another of my scumreads doggedly (with Jamie at times), and playing like he doesn't need to worry about dying.

Balki Bartokomous - Slight Town - Put together a convincing post near EoD, and was a major counterwagon to Jamie. I like the substance to his posts but my gut's a bit wary.

Jamiet99uk - Dead Scum

reedeer1 - Null - Not a lot of merit day 1, but did end on scum. Hopefully more active going forward.

brainbomb - Hard Town - Un-CC Gunsmith claim. I don't believe the claim, but I believe he is town. He's doing normal brain things and his actions and reactions stike me as genuine to how brain would be normally.

VashtaNeurotic - Null - Lurky af, a very last minute switch onto Jamie, could be scum but not enough to go on.

Tom Bombadil - Slight Town - Anchored me as well D1. But the content N1 has been...better. Hope to see more though.

Maniac - Null - Ended on Balki, lurking. Not enough for a good read.

dargorygel - Slight Town - Ended on Yavu, lurking heavilly, but nothing tipping me off to scum

thamrick - Slight Town - Heavilly involved, but ended on ND. The cases, probing, and involvement levels indicate town though.

snowy801 - Null - Ended on Jamie, but those early N1 posts are sus

bo_sox48 - Null - Lurked/Sick D1, not a ton to go on. Ended on brain, but that's almost normal for bo.

MeanLaQueefa - Moderate Scum - Made a lot of push on the Balki wagon, and was deflected off of by scum Jamie and my scumread Rj. Something is just off here, almost too calculated.

SuperSteve - Hard Scum - Zero participation. Plus, if he was town the GMs would have modkilled his ass without a second thought instead of stringing us along for an entire night phase.

brainbomb

#864 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 pm

Gms pretty much townslipped steve by not declaring a sub at start of night immediatley

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#865 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 pm

I’m on an airplane with a slow connection, so it’s hard for me to hop around and pull quotes, but I want to put my thoughts down before EON in case I don’t survive.

The biggest change to my reads is that MLQ goes from solidly town, to solidly scum. This is for a few reasons:

(1) I had a town read on MLQ because I thought she was new to the game, and I’ve never seen New Scum target an active, aggressive, experienced player with a scum read on Day 1. But I did not realize that MLQ actually has a ton of experience. It sounds like she may have more experience with mafia and mafia-related games than anyone here. Based on that, the profile of what I’m looking for is different, and my reasons for reading her as town go to Null.
(2) MLQ was very aggressive in trying to protect Jamiet Day 1. Go back and read her interactions with me on that subject. She kept using vague generalities to say “your reasons for suspecting Jamiet are crap.” And then she insisted I was scum for continuing to vote Jamiet when Jamiet was not a viable wagon. That was really odd because a lot of people had expressed suspicion at Jamiet at that point, and I thought that he was pretty obviously a viable wagon at the time, which clearly he was. Based on the Jamiet flip, I think MLQ behavior makes the most sense as scum trying to keep her partner from being a leading wagon at the end of Day 1.
(3) She keeps saying I’m stupid or dumb! Over and over like a Trumpian refrain. I feel her trying to discredit me. I feel like she wants to lead, and she wants to discredit threats to that leadership.

I’m also growing more suspicious of Darg. He hopped on the game early and made some posts, but he’s been barely there at all since he got heat. Looks like scared scum to me. And no engagement at all. Does not seem to be trying to solve a puzzle.

DemonRHK is town. I liked his interactions Day 1, and his voting record makes him look even better. Also, Reedeer1 is likely town, saved by his tide-turning Jamiet vote.

Snowy and ND are the other likely Townies based on EOD1, though I’m not as firm about them as I am about DemonRHK and reedeer.

@Scummity Scumbuckets, if you effing kill me Night 1, I’m going to go to the GOD thread and make fun of your pathetic, losing effort with witty quips and devastating truth.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#866 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Night has ended. Please hold.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#867 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 pm
Gms pretty much townslipped steve by not declaring a sub at start of night immediatley
That's right, brain, so he should be modkilled, but we will see what they do.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#868 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:01 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:55 pm
Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm
brainbomb - town but not GS. He's got good thought processes and good pressure, but I've heard he has a habit for early and fake PR claims.
Wow, Rj, quite insightful. Who told you that? Can you link us to the QT for verification purposes?
Yeah sure, here you go.
bozotheclown wrote: I will assume brainbomb is not really the gunsmith unless he gives a good reason for claiming it. I just want to point out to the new and almost new players that brainbomb is known for fake PR claims, so there is no reason to counterclaim gunsmith.
Oh wait that was here. whoops.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#869 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:12 pm

Another day dawns, and cries of dismay go up in the night. Another strategy has struck to the cente of LA! A puddle of remains is discovered in the middle of the road, and a wailing voice screams out "He's been DIPPED!"

A body is discovered in the middle of the road. Snowy801 HAS DIED. He was Benji, the Oracle!

A spotlight shines over Maniac. He is revealed to be a VANILLA TOWNIE.

SuperSteve HAS DIED. He was Wile. E. Coyote, the Miller! He was modkilled for incompetence.

Day Two has Begun. You have 48 hours.

brainbomb

#870 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Godfather would be revealed if oracled right?

God I love snowy.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#871 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:14 pm

We will miss you snowy!

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#872 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Time to drive home. I'll unpack this a bit more shortly - not surprised by snowy's flip, but Maniac being town is interesting. Can look into those trying to set up a Maniac lynch.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#873 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 pm

rip

##VOTE ND

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#874 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 pm

RIP snowy. Thank you for the townclear. I was wrong on Steve, I can see not wanting to modkill a miller though.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#875 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 pm

Oh... my god. Is an early oracle kill good or bad?

Also sorry I posted after deadline, only bo's post showed when I tried to submit.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#876 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:17 pm

I'm going to have some time for the first half of the day but starting Wednesday and through the weekend I'm going to be swamped at work again, so what you get from me in the next real life day or so is what you're going to get from me for the foreseeable future.

RB claims, gun claims, etc.?

brainbomb

#877 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:18 pm

Well done Maniac.

You have my sword. I shall firmly apologize for my unfortunate 180 on you

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#878 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:18 pm

Nothing happened to me - no gun, no rb

thamrick

#879 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:19 pm

This game will feel so empty without SuperSteve :(

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#880 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:20 pm

No gun no rb here either. Valiant effort snowy, RIP.