Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#661 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:51 pm

@Rjmcf - what are you doing that screws up your quotes? It really makes it hard to understand what you're trying to say. Did you respond to my question about sitting heavily on Yavuz?

**Edit - thanks for reposting

brainbomb

#662 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Rj seems better now. I disagree with RHK.

By the way its 5 scum right?

Ive been thinking it was 4 all this time.

thamrick

#663 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:58 pm

@reedeer - are you giving thoughts to your reads and posts? Everything you post comes across as hedgy and forced.

#647 "My highest scum read was rdrivera2005, who now seems less scumy but still on the scum side of neutral"

#651 - "In some of his earlier posts, he (*added* Maniac?) resembled his town self, and said some things that I do not believe that a scum would be able to fabricate. it could easily change as all the people I town read are relatively similar in ranking"

#652 - "I think I meant scum as one of those three, not all town sided roles"

So you're saying that you're doubting now both your top scumread and your top townread, yet you still posted them as such. You really don't have strong feelings about any player at this point? It doesn't have to be right.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#664 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm

@thamrick:

You seem to be picking on reedeer's posts and hedges. What do you make of his instrumental vote in lynching scum D1?

I guess I don't understand why one of the most important votes in lynching scum is getting all this attention.

reedeer1

#665 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:12 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:44 pm
@Reeder - I tend to see you as town considering your vote on Jamiet, even considering that people have been eager to buss in last games. This said, you said you scumread me because of my interaction with Yav. But how you put me at the top of the list and Yav at 5th? This makes no sense. Also, your second scum read is someone I pushed all day 1. Do you think I was bussing? And last question, the EOD didn't change anything on your list?
1. I also scumread you with your interactions with a few other players I town read. You were a lot higher on my ranking before the EoN but since I do not strongly read any one scum, you are still first. Basically I had a strong read based on one of your actions, but then as time went on you did not repeat anything I found scummy, so you started shifting down my list.
Yuav seemed scummy last game too, and he was town, so I chalked that to his English not being his first language, and that could be the case this time too.
In my list i thought of how I felt about each individual, not based on who they were attacking, so I guess you could have been bussing, but it is not as likely. (maybe only one is scum, but at this point I don't know which)
thamrick wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:45 pm
^^ both my thoughts exactly brain lol

@reedeer - explain your top scum and top townreads. I ask because I strongly townread your top scumread (rdrivera) and slightly scumread your top townread (Maniac)

**my god having to submit your post 5 times due to new posts is annoying af
My top scum read is rdrivera and that is because of some very early game interactions that could lead to nothing. But also it could be a early scum slip.
My top town read is Maniac, but it could be as easily ND or bozo. Maniac as i said before because he made some posts that seemed very genuin early, but any of my reads are just feelings and so any few posts could change them. ND is because he plays smarter as scum, and he seems to be genuin again. Bozo may be because he scum read a few people in a way that I agreed with:

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:03 pm
I doubt brainbomb is the real gunsmith, but I think he is more likely to make a fake gunsmith claim as town. He did seem to get defensive when receiving votes, and citing how seldom he has been scum in the past as a defense is questionable. However, I would be surprised if he started the game with a fake gunsmith claim as scum.

I agree that some of the things yavuzovic has said sound suspicious, but I learned last game that he can say and do some very suspicious things as town.
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:52 pm
DemonRHK switching off of yavuzovic leaves himself in first with three votes. DemonRHK seems to be trying to solve the game, so I do not think he should be the first lynch. No one from the group with two votes stands out to me as particularly suspicious. I found reedeer1 early posts suspicious, first claiming a list of reads, then presenting a list with no reasoning, then voting with minimal explanation. I am going to put my vote on reedeer1 for now.

##VOTE reedeer1
I know he voted for me, but he did so because I use gut feelings for my reads which is something that many people find off.

I agreed with what he said, and what he said was what I was thinking.

Also this post from brain also helped
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:05 pm
I like reeder and bozo. But theyre basically semi-conscious gelatinous cubes at scumhunting. And they always get mislynched. And we always lose.

Rivera has a positive attitude and isnt lurking.
Not scum

Maniac is definetely not scum
Yavuz is probably not scum
Bo is definetely not scum
RHK, Tom and Ezio dont seem scummy

Jamie maybe
Balki I think is scum
Mean is scum
Thamrick maybe
Rj scum

reedeer1

#666 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:50 pm
Also @reedeer you putting yourself as most town is unnecessary and reads a bit desperate.
Also putting Jamit as Dead is unnecessary, but I used the name list to format it, so I left them both on.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#667 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:14 pm

Rj is almost for sure scum to me now. He's been coached hard.
Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:06 pm
Because to me that straight up looks like someone[Yavuz] who's never been scum before, calling for help from their scum-mate.
We all thought this was really strange behaviour, and we know that Jamiet has a habit of serving up lesser scum on a silver platter, and he later voted for Yavuz too.

Could this be an attempt at communicating to Yavuz to stop doing what he's doing? The issue is that this relies on Rdrivera being scum too and that I'm much less happy to believe.

@thamrick @brainbomb @Foxcastle, you all sat on Yavuz pretty heavily for this, what's your opinion on this exchange now?

When asked how he arrived at that conclusion, he said he got it from brain, page 29. The post in question:
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:17 pm
So based on that thamrick, yavuz, vash are scum.

Jamie always always always busses his low poster lurker scum buddies for distance. He believes it almost religiously. He wasnt listing vash as scum but was voting him.

Reeder is very town if im right.
Also yavuz tying it was super super scummy.

Vash and jamie bpth snap voting balki looks like balki is a clear too
These are not the same thing by a mile. Rj is saying Jamie busses new players, Brain says he busses lurkers.

His entire tone has shifted. He's gone from tunneling and short attacking posts to thought out diatribes in the span of 12 hours. I've almost never seen a 180 in posting like this (at least, it is from where I'm sitting) and absolutely screams of a coached view.

brainbomb

#668 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Demon are you trying to bait a cop to scan rj or something?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#669 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Not at all. You don't think him misquoting you and coming off so fundamentally different is strange brain?

brainbomb

#670 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:25 pm
Not at all. You don't think him misquoting you and coming off so fundamentally different is strange brain?
Fair

Foxcastle

#671 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Hey DemonRHK... Take a look at Page 10, where Rjm scumreads Yavuz shortly after Jamiet votes for Yavuz. Then on Page 11, Rjm goes after Brainbomb on MeanLaQueefa shortly after Jamiet lays into Brainbomb on his list with symbols. Also note that Rjm had an outstanding request for an explanation of what the various acronyms and shorthand stood for, that went unanswered for several pages until Jamiet got to it on Page 7.

Do you think Rjm is following his scumleader on Pages 10-11?

thamrick

#672 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm
@thamrick:

You seem to be picking on reedeer's posts and hedges. What do you make of his instrumental vote in lynching scum D1?

I guess I don't understand why one of the most important votes in lynching scum is getting all this attention.
You're right. Reedeer's vote on Jamie put it at ND (6) Jamiet (5). Would certainly be a bold move as scum (assuming ND is not scum, but if ND is scum, why wasn't Balki wagon more viable). That said though, ND was still leading.

Your argument is convincing. I'm okay with reedeer not being scum, but that doesn't change the fact that I want him to give more thought to his reads and to not be hedgy.

Regardless, my top scum right now is Vash. I think brain nailed the Jamiet vote, and then there's this post from Vash.
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:56 pm
Its obvious vash is scum with jamie. Jamie always gets mad at his scum teammates and votes them. Jamie not even listing vash as scum despite voting him is a dead giveaway.
VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:56 pm
Sure bb, sure.
There was no momentum for a Vash vote. Vash didn't need to defend himself, but Jamiet did need defending.

brainbomb

#673 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:37 pm

*sits back in green rocking chair*

Who to gun... hmmm

thamrick

#674 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:42 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:53 pm
“Every one on Jamie! Everyone on Balki!”

That is super unhelpful B.B.
This post is weird. Brain never said everyone on Balki...

He posted:
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:51 pm
EVERYONE GET ON JAMIE
and
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:52 pm
Theres definetely scum on balki!!!!!!
I suppose that you could interpret the second post as saying "Balki is scummy" but I interpret it as saying "there are scum voting for Balki."

brainbomb

#675 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 pm

I like that rj is getting himself in alot of hot water. Compare that to steve and mean who have had no pressure or scrutiny

Foxcastle

#676 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Did we ever get a GM ruling on SuperSteve's failure to vote?

thamrick

#677 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:48 pm

I think they said they were going to try to replace him

brainbomb

#678 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:50 pm

If bo plays the woe is me, im.dying, im so sick y2k lurk style all game I will make sure someone shoots his ass.

Sub out if yer that fucked up. Its too easy to use as a cover

thamrick

#679 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 pm
I like that rj is getting himself in alot of hot water. Compare that to steve and mean who have had no pressure or scrutiny
Mean is actively questioning a top townread in Balki. Steve is AWOL. What is RJ doing to get himself into hot water? He's just being defensive and his defensiveness is leading to more scrutiny. His attempts at redirecting pressure seem forced. I don't think he deserves towncred for that.

brainbomb

#680 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Its been my experience that new players repeatedly putting foot in mouth and getting worse and worse usually flip town.

In M15 this scrappy overly scummy kid named brainbomb got way in over his head saying crazy shit.