Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#641 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

I didn't see Jamie as scum... although in hindsight I do.

Good job, though, those that were on at EoD

@Balki. I find this odd: you did a bit of a read of me, and felt suspicious enough to question me. But you didn't seem to actually read me. (Or you would have known I was going to be absent at EoD) This does not seem like town-thorough Balki. It feels like throwing shade. But maybe you just didn't read this time as carefully as you usually do. Not sure it is scum-indicative, but it is unlike you.

I think brain seems like his town paranoid self, trying a new method.

Bo should stop eating pizza.

brainbomb

#642 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Do people still plan to shoot me with my guns? Because I think ive pretty solidly confirmed I am not only town but really am the riverboat gamblin gunslinga.

I was thinkin id gun dargo or queefa.

Just to see who theyd shoot.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#643 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm

brain: I don't really see redeer as scummy, and I wonder if English is his first language. The post about voting Jamie makes sense to me - he was unsure of each wagon and picked the one where his strongest townread(s) was/were voting.

The second post about Mean playing better is certainly strange, though I don't feel alignment indicative. From looking at his points he seems rather timid - not likely to bus a scumbuddy at a pivotal point, so I view him likely town because of his vote.

So pretty sure the following are town:

snowy
ND
brain
rdrivera
redeer.

reedeer1

#644 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm
brain: I don't really see redeer as scummy, and I wonder if English is his first language. The post about voting Jamie makes sense to me - he was unsure of each wagon and picked the one where his strongest townread(s) was/were voting.
Well, I was born and raised in New York, so I think it was my first language (after baby talk that is.) I have a strange way that I fraise words, that comes from my excessive reading as a child (you know when someone has only read a word, so they know what it means and where to say it, but not how to pronounce it? thats often me.) Also I cant spell for shit, and so spell check is my friend.

brainbomb

#645 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Look at reedeer again.
And at Jamie.

Jamie never once mentions reedeer.
Vash votes reedeer.
Jamie votes vash but stays on vash even after vash has posted. He treats vash differently than he does bo. When bo posted, jamie moved right away.

■ why does Jamie stay on vash but not on bo
◇ bo scum with Jamie?
◇ vash scum with Jamie?
◇ or was vashs pressure on Reedeer enough to scare Jamie?

I find reedeer justification for voting Jamie strange and insincere.
reedeer1
Day-1 00:03
page 27 Now I am thinking of the three top wagons, I do not like any of them, but of them I have strong town voting for jamit, so ##Vote jamit
(edit) Now I have a scum voting jamit..., but still best.

thamrick

#646 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Jamiet mentioned he wouldn't be very active at EoD because he would be at a gig. Not sure if that was just a cover to not have to be involved and avoid scrutiny or if he actually had a gig. I think the latter is likely since he really didn't mount a defense of himself at all, or try to drive a counter wagon once he was a viable lynch.

reedeer1

#647 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:29 pm

I am aware that my last post added nothing of substance, so I will say that on my list of reads there has been a few changes

My highest scum read was rdrivera2005, who now seems less scumy but still on the scum side of neutral.

Black - Dead
Red - Maybe Scum
Dark Red - slight scum
Orange - no Idea
Green - town
Blue - More town

Jamiet99uk - Dead

rdrivera2005
Ezio
Balki Bartokomous
rjmcf
yavuzovic

VashtaNeurotic
snowy801
SuperSteve
dargorygel

bo_sox48
Foxcastle
thamrick

DemonRHK
MeanLaQueefa

bozotheclown
ND
brainbomb

Tom Bombadil
Maniac
reedeer1 - Me

brainbomb

#648 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:32 pm

That shits like unreadable lol

brainbomb

#649 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:35 pm

Maniac top townread???? What?

brainbomb

#650 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:41 pm

At - thamrick, My reads have not changed, and I did supply the list I had before. The only changes have been that I have grown suspicious of Balki, but not enough for a vote, and I think bozo could be town. Also Brainbomb has been jumping from possibly a PR to Possibly town, to possibly a VT.
Possibly a PR
Possibly Town
Possibly a VT

Why do people think that these kind of posts are important?

reedeer1

#651 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm

In some of his earlier posts, he resembled his town self, and said some things that I do not believe that a scum would be able to fabricate. it could easily change as all the people I town read are relatively similar in ranking. to be honest they are all just feelings and now I realize that i trust you bozo and ND more than tom, so they do shift based on when, but they all fit around where they are.

reedeer1

#652 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:43 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:41 pm

At - thamrick, My reads have not changed, and I did supply the list I had before. The only changes have been that I have grown suspicious of Balki, but not enough for a vote, and I think bozo could be town. Also Brainbomb has been jumping from possibly a PR to Possibly town, to possibly a VT.
Possibly a PR
Possibly Town
Possibly a VT

Why do people think that these kind of posts are important?
I think I meant scum as one of those three, not all town sided roles.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#653 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:43 pm

What is insincere about it brain? He honestly stated that he was unsure on the top wagons and then went with the one that his highest townread was voting. Seems sincere to me - if a little vague, but that just makes my townread of reedeer stronger. His reasoning was vague, which gave him a way to justify any vote - and he voted for scum.

He seems timid, not the type of player to bus like that unless he was forced to because his reads backed him into a corner, which was clearly not the case.

Probable town:

reedeer
snowy
brain
rdrivera
ND

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#654 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:44 pm

@Reeder - I tend to see you as town considering your vote on Jamiet, even considering that people have been eager to buss in last games. This said, you said you scumread me because of my interaction with Yav. But how you put me at the top of the list and Yav at 5th? This makes no sense. Also, your second scum read is someone I pushed all day 1. Do you think I was bussing? And last question, the EOD didn't change anything on your list?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#655 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm
I'll have more thoughts in a bit, but rjm posts 623 and 624 look like newbie scum worried about looking scummy. "The guilty man runners when none pursue" and all that.
Both Bozo and RJ parked a vote on ND and vanished, typical scum behavior.

I'm just responding to some valid criticism of my performance last night. Newbie, not newbie scum.

Thanks for answering the question though. To rephrase what you're saying, it's understandable that Jamie would do that whether Yavuz was town or scum, so it's not alignment indicative. And given how crazy a move it would be if Yavuz was scum that makes him more likely town. I see that. I'm just trying to learn how to scumhunt here.
Here's a question for you, though, rjm...

How do you know that Jamiet has a habit of serving up lesser scum on a (unnecessarily embellished) silver platter? You've been clear that this is your first game (page 5, 10), but you have insight on Jamiet? How do you come by that? And how do you come by insight that Jamiet is the Greater Scum and Yavuz is the Lesser?
[\quote]

brainbomb, page 29
Jamie always always always busses his low poster lurker scum buddies for distance. He believes it almost religiously. He wasnt listing vash as scum but was voting him.[\quote]

I don't know any of these players. If I'm giving insight on them it's based on what I've heard of their character from other people. This is what I mean by "lesser" though, that they are worse players, I'm not making a comparison on their roles or anything.
@Rjmcf - what do you mean I sat heavily on Yavuz?
[\quote]
thamrick, page 10

thamrick

#656 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:45 pm

^^ both my thoughts exactly brain lol

@reedeer - explain your top scum and top townreads. I ask because I strongly townread your top scumread (rdrivera) and slightly scumread your top townread (Maniac)

**my god having to submit your post 5 times due to new posts is annoying af

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#657 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:46 pm

UHHHH Let me try to repost that so it makes more sense.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#658 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm
I'll have more thoughts in a bit, but rjm posts 623 and 624 look like newbie scum worried about looking scummy. "The guilty man runners when none pursue" and all that.
Both Bozo and RJ parked a vote on ND and vanished, typical scum behavior.

I'm just responding to some valid criticism of my performance last night. Newbie, not newbie scum.

Thanks for answering the question though. To rephrase what you're saying, it's understandable that Jamie would do that whether Yavuz was town or scum, so it's not alignment indicative. And given how crazy a move it would be if Yavuz was scum that makes him more likely town. I see that. I'm just trying to learn how to scumhunt here.
Here's a question for you, though, rjm...

How do you know that Jamiet has a habit of serving up lesser scum on a (unnecessarily embellished) silver platter? You've been clear that this is your first game (page 5, 10), but you have insight on Jamiet? How do you come by that? And how do you come by insight that Jamiet is the Greater Scum and Yavuz is the Lesser?
brainbomb, page 29
Jamie always always always busses his low poster lurker scum buddies for distance. He believes it almost religiously. He wasnt listing vash as scum but was voting him.
I don't know any of these players. If I'm giving insight on them it's based on what I've heard of their character from other people. This is what I mean by "lesser" though, that they are worse players, I'm not making a comparison on their roles or anything.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#659 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Checking up on posts as I wake up. Rj is setting off big warning bells right now. Gimme a few to get around and to my computer and I’ll get more in depth.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#660 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Also @reedeer you putting yourself as most town is unnecessary and reads a bit desperate.