Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#621 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 am

Morning all, yesterday we had really good scumhunt.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#622 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 am

I have done a bit of vote analysis. First thing I agree with bo, it's highly unlikely Jamiet and Fox were both scum coordinating votes, so Fox get high on my town reads.

First vote on Jamiet was from Balki with 05:29 to go. This moment neither Balki or Jamiet are leading wagons.
Second vote was from Brain at 01:14 but he changed to Vash with 0:50.
Second vote on Jamiet from Demon at 00:28. A lot of town points for him, can't see a reason for scum to move a vote from Tom to a fellow scum.
Third vote from Brain with 00:14, moving back from Vash. Another solid townread.
Fourth vote from ND with 00:07. He is voting to save his neck, but Balki was the bigger alternate wagon. Town points for ND.
Fifth vote from rdrivera with 00:05 to tie the vote. Will let another make an analysis.
Then Balki move out to ND. Probably on self preservation, but could be an attempt to save Jamiet.
Fifth vote again from Reeder, making the vote ND 6x5 Jamiet. A lot of town points to Reeder, unless ND is scum
Then in the last minutes we have an interesting sequence:
Yav voted ND (7x5)
Snowy voted Jamiet (6x6)
Yav voted Jamiet (5x7)
Balki and Vash vote Jamiet to the final count of 4x9.

From the last votes I don't give much town credit for anyone, maybe Snowy but he could be bussing. Vashta vote is opportunistic, and I scumread him.

From the ND wagon, all people look suspect, except Fox, that I suspect have been buddied by Jamiet. Both Bozo and RJ parked a vote on ND and vanished, typical scum behavior. Thamrick doesn't look good, but is the less scummy of the three.

People on other wagons should be looked too, as this is a good way to distance from having responsibility on a town lynch. Dargo, Tom and Ezio deserve a closer look. Bo too maybe, but I think Jamiet really tried to start a wagon on him, so he is less likely to be scum.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#623 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:12 am

I'm going to come clean. That EoD rush took me completely by surprise. I got bogged down interpreting Balki's post #454, and from then until long after the deadline I was consistently at least a page behind. I was trying to get ready for bed at the same time too, but every time I got to the end of what I thought was the last page, there was at least one new page if not two. You can see that at 10:53 I comment on a post from 10:33. I specifically commented on brainbombs play because I specifically thought it was unhelpful, but maybe that's just how it is at EoD.

I voted ND because I thought/think that ND is scummy. I didn't move off because I didn't feel comfortable jumping on a band wagon that I was 20 minutes late to. Now that I know how mad it all gets, I'll be here and contributing at the right time. Sorry I wasn't much use last night.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#624 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:06 pm
Because to me that straight up looks like someone[Yavuz] who's never been scum before, calling for help from their scum-mate.
We all thought this was really strange behaviour, and we know that Jamiet has a habit of serving up lesser scum on a silver platter, and he later voted for Yavuz too.

Could this be an attempt at communicating to Yavuz to stop doing what he's doing? The issue is that this relies on Rdrivera being scum too and that I'm much less happy to believe.

@thamrick @brainbomb @Foxcastle, you all sat on Yavuz pretty heavily for this, what's your opinion on this exchange now?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#625 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Well that was interesting. I haven't reread yet but am happy with the result. I'll have time today to analyze how the wagons came together - weekends are tough for me to be around at end of phases.

Foxcastle

#626 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm

I'll have more thoughts in a bit, but rjm posts 623 and 624 look like newbie scum worried about looking scummy. "The guilty man runners when none pursue" and all that.

reedeer1

#627 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm

I was intending to respond to you about that last night and was caught up in some work. I mean better in is going on more than just gut feelings and slight hints, and is able to Wright paragraphs on who he is voting for and why

Foxcastle

#628 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Because to me that straight up looks like someone[Yavuz] who's never been scum before, calling for help from their scum-mate.
We all thought this was really strange behaviour, and we know that Jamiet has a habit of serving up lesser scum on a silver platter, and he later voted for Yavuz too.

Could this be an attempt at communicating to Yavuz to stop doing what he's doing? The issue is that this relies on Rdrivera being scum too and that I'm much less happy to believe.

@thamrick @brainbomb @Foxcastle, you all sat on Yavuz pretty heavily for this, what's your opinion on this exchange now?
To answer your question, because it's an interesting (if small) interaction between known scum and two unknowns... No, Jamiet is unlikely to be coaching Yavuz. Jamiet is smarter than that, I think. More likely is that Jamiet is just busing Yavuz. If Yavuz is scum, Jamiet is possibly worried that he's a loose cannon (he caused a lot of chaos in the last game), so it's possible Jamiet would conclude that busing scum-Yavuz would have the dual benefits of making himself look good and making sure there wasn't scumside chaos on the other end. If Yavuz is town, Jamiet would have seen a potential easy town lynch.

Looking back at page 8, Rdrivera hadn't been posting or been mentioned when Yavuz said "@rdrivera save us," but it's possible that the 'who's online' function showed that Rdrivera had shown up, and that's what prompted Yavuz. Personally, I don't think scum-Yavuz would call out to his scum buddy like that. Yavuz is impulsive, but not dumb.

Foxcastle

#629 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Here's a question for you, though, rjm...

How do you know that Jamiet has a habit of serving up lesser scum on a (unnecessarily embellished) silver platter? You've been clear that this is your first game (page 5, 10), but you have insight on Jamiet? How do you come by that? And how do you come by insight that Jamiet is the Greater Scum and Yavuz is the Lesser?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#630 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Foxy, since you are online - who do you find most suspect after this flip?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#631 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Hey guys, fun update. My girlfriend ordered us pizza last night and I was perfectly fine before then, but since then I have vomited a dozen or so times, can't hardly move without absurd abdominal pain, and haven't actually slept. The good news out of all of that is I'm obviously not going to work the next couple of days, so maybe I'll be able to catch up here. The bad news is that I have had food poisoning three times this month now and I'm not sure if this is an unfortunate coincidence anymore or if I have holes in my stomach or something joyful like that. So if I totally disappear from everything, they're probably fixing some ulcers or ripping my gallbladder out. Yay.

brainbomb

#632 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Cool bo. Dont die.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#633 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Idk I think I have nearly kicked the bucket a couple times since last night as is

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#634 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm

The most shocking part of this story is that you have a girlfriend... feel better though - food poisoning is the worst.

brainbomb

#635 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Tom can you give any insights into my reedeer1 observation?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#636 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Gimme a few. I'm not entirely caught up yet.

Foxcastle

#637 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:38 pm
Foxy, since you are online - who do you find most suspect after this flip?
Tom, I still stand by my D1 reads, though need to re-evaluate based on the new information about Jamiet. I'm sure you can see my ongoing suspicions of rjm. I cannot help but think that Jamiet would see Yavuz (for whom he voted) and rjm (whom he listed on his final scumread) as liabilities on the scum team and try to excise them early for town cred; I find it somewhat less likely that Jamiet wanted to get credit for lynching town-Yavuz (who is just being Yavuz) or town-rjm (who's just new) when there would be more serious town threats to try to undermine. But like I said, a reread with the new info is certainly do-able today, and I'll have new thoughts then.

Foxcastle

#638 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Feel better, Bo.

thamrick

#639 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:12 am
I'm going to come clean. That EoD rush took me completely by surprise. I got bogged down interpreting Balki's post #454, and from then until long after the deadline I was consistently at least a page behind. I was trying to get ready for bed at the same time too, but every time I got to the end of what I thought was the last page, there was at least one new page if not two. You can see that at 10:53 I comment on a post from 10:33. I specifically commented on brainbombs play because I specifically thought it was unhelpful, but maybe that's just how it is at EoD.

I voted ND because I thought/think that ND is scummy. I didn't move off because I didn't feel comfortable jumping on a band wagon that I was 20 minutes late to. Now that I know how mad it all gets, I'll be here and contributing at the right time. Sorry I wasn't much use last night.
Rjmcf wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Both of these posts seem really weird and forced.

@Rjmcf - what do you mean I sat heavily on Yavuz? As far as my opinion on that exchange, I agree with Foxcastle that I don't think Jamiet would be dumb enough to coach his fellow scum in thread. I think it's more likely that Jamiet was trying to throw suspicion onto Yavuz.

I also find it weird that you're referencing Jamiet's habits. Please explain.

yavuzovic

#640 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Be careful bo, your girlfriend orders you pizza and you had food poisoning. Be careful.