Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#581 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:07 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:03 am
MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:54 pm
wont the witch kill you if she curses balki brain? Still some fear to be had I think
^
I have a claim on this message.
Mean isn't mafia, but she's scum. She is witch's itself!
That...is actually a slick pickup Yavu. Might be nothing, but it's a possible slip.

reedeer1

#582 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:10 am

Also could just be because witches are traditionally female, but could be.

reedeer1

#583 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:11 am

Also could just be because witches are traditionally female, but could be.

yavuzovic

#584 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:11 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:17 pm
Also yavuz tying it was super super scummy.
Wrong, I counted wrong - I voted wrong. Even I corrected it after that I saw this! I hate tied lynch votes.

MeanLaQueefa

#585 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:13 am

you all are sexist af :-D

No, I'm just rereading roles because they're all different than I'm use to. Normally the witch is town aligned and can kill one person and save one person.

ND

#586 Post by ND » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:13 am

@Brain: I was trying to get all my suspects down as it was only a few minutes left to go. So I listed them out?

brainbomb

#587 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:20 am

The witch gets 2 kills. Not 2 attempts. So theres a possibility of two nights with double deaths. Holstering our powers is irrelevant as the witch can keep attempting.

Thats the OP scum role. Someone buried deep. Very very deep.

Maybe it is tom

brainbomb

#588 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:21 am

Do not visit or use powers on the good players. Diversify and be very very careful who you visit.

yavuzovic

#589 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:27 am

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:13 am
you all are sexist af :-D

No, I'm just rereading roles because they're all different than I'm use to. Normally the witch is town aligned and can kill one person and save one person.
She may be right. I tought to ask does scums vote in MafiaQT but I thought this would be really newbie scummy.

reedeer1

#590 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:29 am

Cant say I meant to post that twice. My internet is being funky.

brainbomb

#591 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:31 am

By the way. Do NOT visit me.
Do not try to docsave me

I dont need any help

reedeer1

#592 Post by reedeer1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:48 am

Mean seems to know more about mafia than a new player should. Did i miss something about who mean is? Is mean Wjessop back again to play mafia? wasn't it about a year ago that they got kicked out for a year? I could be entirely wrong about this, but mean is playing better than me (admittedly not hard), but that seems strange. This has no bearing on the mafia game.

brainbomb

#593 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:49 am

thamrick
Day-1 01:05
page 24 I agree. Jamiet has seemed more uninterested than I'm used to him being. I could get on board with a Jamiet wagon.

ND - has seemed lazy and uninterested in helping town - slight SCUM

Jamiet99uk - felt pretty good about Jamiet as town early, but have since retracted. He normally is pressuring weak points (or at least what he perceives as weak points, even if I don't agree) in arguments relentlessly. - slight SCUM

thamrick
Day-1 00:29
page 24 @Jamiet - who are you leaning at this point?
thamrick
Day-1 00:21
page 25 Vash isn't here. I can't get behind a Vash lynch beyond just policy for being unhelpful. If we're wrong, where do we go from there?

thamrick
Day-1 00:14
page 25 Of the lead wagons, ND is the one I'm most comfortable with.

%#Vote ND

@ND - why has your scum hunting been so lazy? Really, the best vote you can come up with for EoD is a vote based on meta?

RIP SuperSteve
[/quote]
thamrick
Day-1 00:03
page 27 I do find it very weird that Jamiet hasn't responded or defended himself at all
Im sure youve got some really amazing explanation for this progression.

:mrgreen:

brainbomb

#594 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:07 am

reedeer1 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:48 am
Mean seems to know more about mafia than a new player should. Did i miss something about who mean is? Is mean Wjessop back again to play mafia? wasn't it about a year ago that they got kicked out for a year? I could be entirely wrong about this, but mean is playing better than me (admittedly not hard), but that seems strange. This has no bearing on the mafia game.
How are they playing better

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#595 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 am

I know it's dirty, but I think Steve (or the replacement) is a pretty slam dunk lynch now.

thamrick

#596 Post by thamrick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:32 am

I get it. I look fishy. If I have to die for the health of the town, so be it.

Obviously in hindsight I wish I had been on the Jamiet wagon. I'm not convinced ND isn't scum at this point. Going to have to reread.

I had been town reading Jamiet all game til the end of D1, when I started to grow suspicious of him due to his lack of aggressive investigating that is normally his style. In contrast, I never had a good feeling about ND. His posts never seemed to have much substance, which I thought was counter to his style (similar to what I noticed with Jamiet).

I was clearly wrong, but I was chalking up my read of Jamiet as him not having much time to be involved whereas when ND was involved, he seemed counter-town.

At the time I voted, ND was the lead wagon with snowy, bozo, rjmcf, and foxcastle, Balki was 2nd with Mean, yavu, and Maniac, then 3 people were tied for 3rd with 2 (RHK, Vash, and Jamiet). I had townreads of the majority of the ND wagon except for rjmcf, but I had kind of accepted that I was probably unfairly tunneling rjmcf for his weirdness with Mean.

The Balki wagon had Maniac and Yavu, both of whom I was and am unsure of, plus I was getting pretty strong town reads on Balki anyways so I didn't want to get on that one.

I jumped on the ND wagon as soon as the Jamiet wagon was starting to form. To me, it was basically a toss up who was scummier, so I stuck with ND. I was trying to get Jamiet to defend himself so I could decide how I felt about him vs. ND. I'm awful at EoD so I decided to ride out the ND wagon instead of flip flopping around.

MeanLaQueefa

#597 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 am

Rereading jamie and his interactions, I don't think balki deserves to be town read for his role in jamie being lynched. It could have just as easily been a deterrent to make jamie look good if balki was the one we lynched instead in the beginning. I feel like a town person on the chopping block would have voted for a top wagon instead of sticking by principles for as long as he did, especially since the argument for jamie was so weak (at least until brain caught him not listing vash as a scum-read).

Then as soon as Jamie became a top lynch (tied with ND), balki switches his vote to ND even though he openly said he didn't understand the case against him. This was right as jamie, the person he was voting on for hours, becomes a top lynch, and balki himself slips out of the top runners. It makes no sense, unless he switched and realized afterward that switching off jamie last minute would make him look very mafia. If he actually wanted jamie lynched, why did he switch off right as he became a top wagon? That's a question for you, Balki!

Brainbomb also said immediately after balki voted for jamie the first time:
"Balki is fucking obv scum
Hes literally just distancing his buddies now. If jamie and balki were a v/v there wouldve been a vote in there"

Brain, what do you think about this? Your first instinct was that they were covering for each other, why did you flip on balki so dramatically when he continued to do what you thought was scummy originally? Do you think balki and jamie could have been mafia together?

brainbomb

#598 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 am

Absolutely not. Balki is probably town as he was the counter wagon Jamie chose. If ND is also town I dont see Balki as scum. Also theres a lot of reasons why Balki is town anyway. When he began pressuring Jamie I thought there was no vote. There was a vote. And that changed my entire perspective.

When I said it couldnt be v vs v I was not paying attention to balki actually applying pressure. It reads like Balki was unsure of himself and was curious aboit Jamie enough to vote him. But I dunno, its balki. Hes terrifying as scum andwould bus his own in a pinch.

Ill think about it. But I think balki is not a good option tomorrow. Need more time to watch how he plays

brainbomb

#599 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:03 am

bo_sox48
Day-1 16:12
page 13 I see that Jamiet and Foxcastle are having a good time going exclusively after people who are not around to call them out on their bullshit.

Hi, everybody. I'm bo_sox48, the guy that just worked a 20 hour shift following a 16 hour shift the day before. I have tomorrow off. Does that mean I'm going to give a damn about mafia? No, not really. Sleeping, making biscuits, playing some guitar, and going for a walk all sound like much better ideas.
Very interesting statement. Bo follows this up by voting me and doing absolutely nothing else.

Say bo, why did you sum up what Jamie and Fox were doing as going after people who wont respond? Sounds like you acknowledged exactly what scum!Jamie was doing

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#600 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 am

@MLQ, I'll answer questions like that after the flip, if I'm still around.

Best use of time right now is to review (1) Jamiet's posts, (2) posts about Jamiet, and (3) vote analysis. A wolf flip on D1 is a treasure trove, and we need to use it.

Save your reads and thoughts for just before the EON flip.