Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
reedeer1

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#241 Post by reedeer1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:19 am

Guess what.

I have my first reads.
I am not yet going to explain all of my reads, but I will when I vote.

---------------------------------------

Probably town

Demon RHK
Tom
Maniac
Mean
Brain

Slight scum
Yavuzovic
Ezio

more likely scum

rdrivera

----------------------------------------

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#242 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:21 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:16 am
Rhk is still best lynch.
Next highest scumread is rdrivera.
Do you have any reasoning at all? Or you just passing through again with your whopping second post of the game?

thamrick

#243 Post by thamrick » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:45 am

reedeer1 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:19 am
Guess what.

I have my first reads.
I am not yet going to explain all of my reads, but I will when I vote.
Why bother? How is this helpful or convincing?

snowy801

#244 Post by snowy801 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:46 am

hey does anyone know how to bookmark this thread so it goes to the most recent page instead of whatever you were looking at at the time?

snowy801

#245 Post by snowy801 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:03 am

it is extremely important that this question be answered

MeanLaQueefa

#246 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:32 am

Ok, got done working and it now seems like everyone's alignment seems to pin on how they're interacting with me, wtf is this? *sigh*

If Rjm believes what he says, then he wanted me to be the "town leader" and he was snuggling up to me real close, which is definitely odd, but makes sense if he was mafia. However, I feel like mafia wouldn't be that obvious (and the people who think we're both mafia must think we're the most idiotic mafia team ever, so they can bork off). I find him an acceptable lynch, but I'd still prefer Balki. I don't think he is capable of seriously leading town astray at this stage. Town or mafia, he didn't think that post through, and not thinking things through is something town does a lot more often than mafia does.

Anyone who ends voting brainbomb is stupid, we will know if he is the gunslinger tomorrow, anyone who gets the gun can confirm it (he needs to call out who he gives it to before anyone says they have it though). And if he isn't the gunslinger, and I get a gun, I'm shooting him in the face. Plus, he is just going to respond to any pressure put on him with a series of unintelligible borks and dillys anyway. So let's consider the brainbomb matter resolved until new information surfaces.

Bo hasn't played at all, we shouldn't be lynching him. People who want to lynch quiet people over everyone else generally fall into one of two categories: Idiots and mafia. Even if they get it right and catch a mafia with that strategy, it is pure dumb luck, it has to be because there is nothing else to go on and honestly just makes me think fox and jamiet are trying to get the easiest lynch they can, which is definitely mafia-like.

I'm not a fan of the yav vote, he seems believably lost, and honestly might reveal his teammates if he is mafia and we leave him alive longer, so I'm for keeping him in the game.

MeanLaQueefa

#247 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:46 am

what is the real case on Demon? Is it still just tom's gut read?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#248 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:48 am

I see that Jamiet and Foxcastle are having a good time going exclusively after people who are not around to call them out on their bullshit.

Hi, everybody. I'm bo_sox48, the guy that just worked a 20 hour shift following a 16 hour shift the day before. I have tomorrow off. Does that mean I'm going to give a damn about mafia? No, not really. Sleeping, making biscuits, playing some guitar, and going for a walk all sound like much better ideas.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#249 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:49 am

day 1 post 2

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#250 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:50 am

##VOTE brainbomb

Ezio

#251 Post by Ezio » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:15 am

The case on RHK is simple:
He's bad and when he's scum it looks pretty obvious. His first few posts were the scummiest possible.

Nobody should take Brainbomb's claim seriously. Even when(not if) it turns out to be false, we shouldn't scumread him for it.

Ezio

#252 Post by Ezio » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:15 am

Hey @ bo, if you're not gonna be around wanna just sheep me on RHK rather than bb?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#253 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:27 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:15 am
The case on RHK is simple:
He's bad and when he's scum it looks pretty obvious. His first few posts were the scummiest possible.

Nobody should take Brainbomb's claim seriously. Even when(not if) it turns out to be false, we shouldn't scumread him for it.
If I am so bad and it's so obvious, state your case. You're so laughably off base it's funny.

You've not contributed anything in almost 36 hours. Every one of your posts has been 'RHK is bad and should be lynched' with ZERO explanation as to why. At least Tom has something resembling a reason why he thinks I'm scum, you've skated a 'me too' on that ever since. It's lazy, it's poor play, and it's scummy as all hell.

yavuzovic

#254 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am

I will
##unvote
Because I don't want early lynch for brainbomb. He's still suspect - I would revote him if I can't find anyone to vote until EoD.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#255 Post by Maniac » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:26 am

thamrick wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:33 am

@Maniac - you say you're townreading Mean. What exactly leads you to a townread for her? And what made it noteworthy enough that you needed to dedicate a post to only saying you agreed with rdrivera's townread of her?

I can't say yet, but I will.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#256 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 am

Why people keep saying things without any reasoning and then justify with "later I will explain". This is not good town play, you should make your case and give your reasons so people can discuss. Three people said I am scummy and none give a reason (Brain, Reedeer and Ezio). I am pretty sure at least one is scum trying to set a viable wagon for EOD. Still think Ezio is the most likely.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#257 Post by Rjmcf » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:55 am

Morning all. I’m charged up and ready for evil schemes.

While I was asleep brainbomb said that my use of the word “manoeuvres” made me scum (does anyone else agree with that?), quoted someone else’s reasoning and then voted for me, and STILL hasn’t explained his damn reads! Surprise surprise. I agree with Mean saying brain will die anyway if she gets a gun, so I’m not going to vote for him, I just think his behaviour is pretty scummy and weird.
Impressed with her maneuvers? All she'd said was 'I'd shoot brain' (a sentiment <b>many people echoed<\b>) and scumread Balki. I am not getting it, what is setting her apart from the half a dozen others that have said the same thing, save the scumread?
What sets her apart is she said it FIRST. No one else can claim ownership of that idea. And it’s a good idea. At least half a dozen other people agreed.

I’m not saying she’s a definite town leader. I’m saying that scummy brainbomb sees her that way. I’m not defending Mean, as thamrick said, there’s no pressure on her. I’m attacking brainbomb over their weird interactions with her. As I’ve said many times before, if he gives a good justification for his read I will immediately back down. Why is brainbomb the only one getting away with not justifying reads? To clarify, a quite is not a justification. You have to explain why that quote gives you that read.

yavuzovic

#258 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:18 pm

I have no scumread but Rjmcf seems really town.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#259 Post by Rjmcf » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:21 pm

Ezio is another example of someone who is throwing out reads with no real justification and lurking and having no useful input to the town so
##VOTE Ezio

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#260 Post by Maniac » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:25 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 am
Why people keep saying things without any reasoning and then justify with "later I will explain". This is not good town play, you should make your case and give your reasons so people can discuss. Three people said I am scummy and none give a reason (Brain, Reedeer and Ezio). I am pretty sure at least one is scum trying to set a viable wagon for EOD. Still think Ezio is the most likely.
^this is good. I'll explain why later