Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#141 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:05 pm

@Ezio: Why are you voting for DemonRHK? You said that was the "best" lynch so far - but you didn't say why?

@Bo_Sox: Where are you?

@VashtaNeurotic: Where are you?

thamrick

#142 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:10 pm

Apologies for the incorrect assumption and pronoun usage Mean

thamrick

#143 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:16 pm

@yavuzovic - you're being weird and erratic. You've thrown 2 votes out so far with little justification for them, then backed off them to show you don't want to attract aggression or argument. I gather last game was your first game of Mafia, correct?

Why are you being so weird? Who do you currently feel weird about? I want to know your initial feelings about the game so far.

Jamiet99uk

#144 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:43 pm

@Thamrick, since you are here, what do you think of Brainbomb's claim and the reactions to it? What is your read on ND so far?

yavuzovic

#145 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:56 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:16 pm
@yavuzovic - you're being weird and erratic. You've thrown 2 votes out so far with little justification for them, then backed off them to show you don't want to attract aggression or argument. I gather last game was your first game of Mafia, correct?

Why are you being so weird? Who do you currently feel weird about? I want to know your initial feelings about the game so far.
Yes, but I'm right too.

thamrick

#146 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Jamiet - I am taking brain's claim as a way to get information. I'm not sure whether he's smith or not, and I don't know that it matters so much at this point.

re: ND - I'm not sure. In my experience, he usually has combed through posts and posted a lengthy message at this point. So far he really hasn't contributed much. It's obviously early. He mostly posted about game mechanics. His post on p.7 (post #132 - that's super useful, I like that feature) is really his only post that seems to actually be getting into the game. Two parts of it read strangely to me:
ND wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:43 pm
@Yavuzovic: “Also don’t want to attract ND’s wrath” Interesting. Tell me more about my wrath.

@Brain: Good point about the gun. My point was that the gun’s would not be live during N1. You could use it D2.. I think.. But definitely N2. I don’t think that qualifies as false information.
I too was interested by Yavuzovic saying he didn't want to attract ND's wrath. Seems weird that ND wouldn't push him more about this.

I feel like ND is an experienced enough Mafia player to know how the gunsmith role works. Odd that he seems unclear about it here. Also, night seems an odd time to shoot someone, unless the person with the gun felt like they were going to die that night. I feel like a daytime shooting gives more info for town when they can actually control something.

thamrick

#147 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:00 pm

@yavuzovic - What? What are you even saying? And that's not an answer to my questions.

thamrick

#148 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:05 pm

@DemonRHK - I see you're online now too. I get a slight townread on you so far. I don't get the pressure applied (or the 2 votes, not counting your own lol) on you for your opening post. Who do you get scumreads on so far? Townreads?

thamrick

#149 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 pm

@Jamiet - why do you ask about ND? I didn't really get anything noteworthy from him on reread.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#150 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:39 pm

People have shown up! This makes me happy.

I think we should continue to talk about gun use, but I think addressing if brain is or isn't what he claims isn't effective use of our time, today.

Catching up from sleeping:

-I don't like Ezio. Yes, you can say it's OMGUS, but he straight anchored without content. Balki stated why he didn't like what I said and engaged me, reading the two votes on me world apart here.
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:56 pm
I'm owed to brainbomb for last game, however I will not show my mercy if I think he is scum, I will pay another day my friend. Also I don't want to attract ND's wrath.

This comes across very odd due to coming just short after:
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:27 am
Hi there, I would start with:
%%vote ND
without a reason. This is just starting, I will change it.
You want to avoid his wrath. You anchored a vote on him for (admittedly even) no reason, then moved to brain before ND ever addressed your vote. That stinks of setting up votes so you look good later.

-Is new player buddying/mentoring still somewhat scummy? Because Maniac has done that twice on P5.

-On the same page, bozo feels the need to point out brain's previous play for meta reason to the new people, and this feels much less like actual advice and more for show.

-More yavu: His vote on brain is for wanting to lynch new players...right after he defended one. He's making incorrect sweeping generalizations.

-ND, Jamie, and Tham are all coming up with questions, and I'm liking what's being discussed.

I was going to do colors, but that could be a bad idea for some people. So I'll simply state:

Current Scumreads
---
Yavu - Moderate
bozo - Minor

Current Townreads:
---
Brain
Balki
Jamie
Tham

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#151 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 pm

Add Ezio as a Moderate scumread as well. I was chasing other things down by the end of my post when I made the list, shows that he hasn't contributed at all since then though.

thamrick

#152 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Yeah. Initially I didn't notice anything about Ezio, but his first (and basically only) post was super weird. Saw a vote for RHK and some dialogue about it, jumps on him as "the best d1 lynch"

Then Tom Bombadil comes on and questions someone for calling Ezio out about his post. Don't understand this at all other than just trying to generate conversation, but why not address Ezio? Why defend him?

yavuzovic

#153 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:07 pm

@thamrick, I voted ND but it was temporarily until I have a scumread. He was just randomly selected player, you might be too.
@DemonRHK, could you tell why did you attach me as scumread. I just ignored question (yeah, it's actually enough reason to scumread - but it was based on my laziness). Was that your reason to scumread me?

yavuzovic

#154 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:07 pm

@rdrivera save us.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#155 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:18 pm

@Yav - I was doctor on the last game, didn´t keep the power to the next, so no saves this time.
But for anyone scum reading Yav for erratic/weird behaviour, it´s just poinless, read him a bit on last game and you will understand why.

For people asking why I liked Mean how you won´t like someone that write this: "If given a gun, I will shoot brainbomb, since there's no way he's giving me a gun, and if he isn't really the gunslinger, the real gunslinger can use me to kill the false gunslinger. ;)"
And she is a girl, be polite your freaks.

I noticed I didn´t back up my Ezio comment with a vote, so ##vote Ezio. As he didn´t come back, that Demon vote was an anchor vote and it´s my only bad vibe until now. I don´t like Tom reaction to my comment on Ezio but it could him wanting to put some pressure on me.

I will probably be offline the rest of the Saturday, so behave.

thamrick

#156 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm

@Yavuzovic - did you read RHK's reads literally 3 posts above yours? I feel like he explained why he scumreads you.

@Foxcastle - seen you online a good bit, but very little coming from you so far. Do you think Balki is town? Why or why not?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#157 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 pm

@Yavu: You voted ND, with no reasoning, then backed off before he even had a chance to address your vote. You then voted brain for picking on new players in post 102, he defended a new player in post 97. Your vote is based off of a incorrect sweeping generalization. It reads less like you think brain is scum, and more like you needed a reason to say brain is scum.

Foxcastle

#158 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:28 pm

Balki seems townie enough. Or I at least don't scumread him. I'm not suspicious. I think he's asked some good questions, I like that he recognizes the threat that lurkers pose; though "I’ve sort of swung limply at lurkers before, feeling a bit powerless to change their behavior, but wanting to scold them anyway" is not nearly a strong enough anti-lurker stance for my taste.

Foxcastle

#159 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:30 pm

In the last game, Yavuz said he had played mafia once before (elsewhere) and that he had been town before. But that he was looking forward to being scum. Could be he and ND are both scum, and Yavuz was trying to create a record of conflict to throw town off.

thamrick

#160 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:34 pm

You don't have a strong reason to townread Balki, yet you're not suspicious of him. I find that suspicious.

Regardless, what did you make of Balki's interactions with RHK? And what is your read of RHK?