Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4641 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:10 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:56 pm
Hmm, this makes me think Percy is our real cop.

NotHooker!Darg counterclaiming me means we lynch one of him or me. This leaves the hooker alive to block Percy's scan.

Part of the point in writing out the different %s of xorxes and bozo being more/less mafia was to suggest we vote out a different scumlean + increase our odds of lynching the hooker.
Espresso, what was that about?

bozotheclown

#4642 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:11 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:10 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:48 pm

Jesus... I make a janitor assumption and get pushed by Jamie. So then I carefully read all the roles and make sure I don't make a similar assumption. I factor in the chance that we don't have the ant.....and now I'm getting pushed by you for it.

You can't win, man.
That is just why I am guessing there is no killer if you are mafia.
How would you have reacted if I assumed we had the ant? Would you have said I have insider knowledge and I am therefore scum?
No, because that assumption would be incorrect. I might think it was possibly a fake town slip.

Percy Williams

#4643 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:15 pm

I think I know who I'm going to scan, but I won't reveal till last second EON, unless I can't make phase end (work might run long). I do have a slight concern about Jamiet being scum fakeclaiming oracle, not wanting a scan on him that will be proven true when I die. My current scan target will still be useful though, so I'm not too worried.

bozotheclown

#4644 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:16 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:08 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:39 pm
Bozo, what was the purpose of your last minute swan dive onto darg?
The only real purpose it served was to see who would react to it.
What did you gleam from my reaction to your clever reaction test?
It makes me wonder if there is still a possibility you are scum hoping to mislynch me, or if you are just looking for any excuse to scum read me because you are annoyed by the way I am playing the game. Were you implying my move to dargorygel could be scum motivated?

xorxes

#4645 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:20 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:57 pm

You are playing one of the worst somehow likely town games I have ever witnessed, but unlike you, I’m only telling you that because you’re antagonizing me. I’ll go back to keeping my fucking mouth shut once you do.
First, if you think I am singling you out to badger and antagonize, then you have not been paying much attention, just ask xorxes.
Truth! :lol:
Finally, I think worcej is personally insulting me because he is scum trying to discredit me in some way.
I don't remember worcej getting so aggressive in previous games. I don't know if that's his scum meta or not, but I had him as much more jovial, which he has been at times, but then suddenly his chain snaps.

xorxes

#4646 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:24 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:11 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:

How would you have reacted if I assumed we had the ant? Would you have said I have insider knowledge and I am therefore scum?
No, because that assumption would be incorrect. I might think it was possibly a fake town slip.
What do you mean? How could you know that assumption would be incorrect?

foodcoats

#4647 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:12 pm
Two questions right now:

1. If Espresso is town, what was Dargorygel hoping to achieve there?

2. If Espresso is scum, what was Dargorygel hoping to achieve there?
2 has been addressed but I've been thinking about 1 a bunch. From every angle it is literally impossible for dargorygel to survive the 1v1 if EP is town, and exchanging 1 for 1 seems negative value for scum.

So the only conceivable reason for EP to be town is that it was a misplay by scum.

So... how are Chaqa and dargorygel reckoned as players?

bozotheclown

#4648 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:52 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:24 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
EspressoPatronum wrote:

I know that assumption would be incorrect because I verified whether or not the killer was a guaranteed role as soon as Espresso claimed tracker with the apparent knowledge that the killer was not a guaranteed role.

xorxes

#4649 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:52 pm
xorxes wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I know that assumption would be incorrect because I verified whether or not the killer was a guaranteed role as soon as Espresso claimed tracker with the apparent knowledge that the killer was not a guaranteed role.
OK, I understand what you're saying now, but if the ant is in play, then for scum it would not be an incorrect assumtion to make, they would know for sure. That's what Espresso was saying by saying you would accuse him of having too much information.

EspressoPatronum

#4650 Post by EspressoPatronum » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:01 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:10 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:

NotHooker!Darg counterclaiming me means we lynch one of him or me. This leaves the hooker alive to block Percy's scan.

Part of the point in writing out the different %s of xorxes and bozo being more/less mafia was to suggest we vote out a different scumlean + increase our odds of lynching the hooker.
I don't even know at this point. All I have left is that things have gone so laughably bad that I can't possibly be scum.

Like, I get that I'm new to forum, but does scum!EP trap himself with the DP smokescreen, get locked into a CC against fellow scum, then start dropping scum knowledge on the the guy I'm trying to get lynched? On top of that, "my" whole scum team also crumbed tracker.

EspressoPatronum

#4651 Post by EspressoPatronum » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:03 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:01 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:10 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:

I don't even know at this point. All I have left is that things have gone so laughably bad that I can't possibly be scum.

Like, I get that I'm new to forum, but does scum!EP trap himself with the DP smokescreen, get locked into a CC against fellow scum, then start dropping scum knowledge on the the guy I'm trying to get lynched? On top of that, "my" whole scum team also crumbed tracker.
If you want a real answer... I made that post before we cleared up that Percy acted on N5 and not N4. I assumed darg was taking one for the scum team to make sure the hooker could block Percy.

This assumption turned out to be incorrect on so many levels.

EspressoPatronum

#4652 Post by EspressoPatronum » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:06 am

bozotheclown wrote:
EspressoPatronum wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:10 pm

That is just why I am guessing there is no killer if you are mafia.
So you'd scum read me for correctly factoring in an assumption if maybe not having ant. If I assumed there was an ant, you would assume I was faking a town slip (i.e. scumread me).

If your scumread of me is truly predicated on this post, you need to rethink the read. Your conclusion was always going to be scum!EP, so my post is NAI at best.

If you're scum looking for BS reasons to scumread me, please carry on. Some fruitful areas have been my hidden intel on the janitor, my whole team crumbing tracker, and now my hidden intel that darg was the hooker all along. Any of those are better than your reason rn.

bozotheclown

#4653 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:09 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
xorxes wrote:

OK, I understand what you're saying now, but if the ant is in play, then for scum it would not be an incorrect assumtion to make, they would know for sure. That's what Espresso was saying by saying you would accuse him of having too much information.
In that case I probably would question how he knew there was a killer, after verifying it was not guaranteed.

EspressoPatronum

#4654 Post by EspressoPatronum » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:09 am

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:27 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Two questions right now:

2 has been addressed but I've been thinking about 1 a bunch. From every angle it is literally impossible for dargorygel to survive the 1v1 if EP is town, and exchanging 1 for 1 seems negative value for scum.

So the only conceivable reason for EP to be town is that it was a misplay by scum.

This is not true. My DP smokescreen theory is another plausible reason. If they couldn't claim DP, literally any other claim would result in a CC, as even VT roles have associated animals.

EspressoPatronum

#4655 Post by EspressoPatronum » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:10 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:09 am
xorxes wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

In that case I probably would question how he knew there was a killer, after verifying it was not guaranteed.
Again, you were going to scumread me no matter what I said, so your reason for using that post as scum indicative is faulty.

bozotheclown

#4656 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:06 am
bozotheclown wrote:
EspressoPatronum wrote:

So you'd scum read me for correctly factoring in an assumption if maybe not having ant. If I assumed there was an ant, you would assume I was faking a town slip (i.e. scumread me).

If your scumread of me is truly predicated on this post, you need to rethink the read. Your conclusion was always going to be scum!EP, so my post is NAI at best.

If you're scum looking for BS reasons to scumread me, please carry on. Some fruitful areas have been my hidden intel on the janitor, my whole team crumbing tracker, and now my hidden intel that darg was the hooker all along. Any of those are better than your reason rn.
As I previously pointed out, your assumption that the killer was not a guaranteed role was not why I think you are scum, it was just why I was speculating there is no killer if you are scum. I did find your lack of knowledge that the tracker could track any scum performing the NK suspicious, because that is the kind of thing I would expect you would verify if you are the real tracker.

foodcoats

#4657 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:16 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Two questions right now:

This is not true. My DP smokescreen theory is another plausible reason. If they couldn't claim DP, literally any other claim would result in a CC, as even VT roles have associated animals.
The counterclaim guarantees one scum would die, that's my point. They could argue their way through DP if it is a fake claim, or they might have absorber.

But I also just remembered this happened before we lynched the cow, so maybe they thought the claim could lead to a super turn.

Also it seems you're arguing that you must be scum?

foodcoats

#4658 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:18 am

That last sentence was phrased poorly on my part EP, whatever my reads I try not to be a provocative jackass online.

bozotheclown

#4659 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:20 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Two questions right now:

I agree this is a possibility, if all the mafia really would have been caught if they tried to claim DP, they might try a counterclaim as a better option, however unlikely to succeed. They might have even realized they could get Espresso lynched after dargorygel.

bozotheclown

#4660 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:21 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:10 am
bozotheclown wrote:
xorxes wrote:

Again, you were going to scumread me no matter what I said, so your reason for using that post as scum indicative is faulty.
I think I already addressed this.