Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#5421 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:55 pm

The impressive thing to me is how you all forgot that bo_sox was really afraid of getting shot by Rdrivera day1.....and then he goes on to claim D1 bp and noone sees that as a scumclaim :?

Nephthys

#5422 Post by Nephthys » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:10 pm

From a GM perspective I will apologise to the scum team. I got a little wrapped up with how I wanted some roles to be used and as such generated quite a few town clears for you to deal with. Hope is was still enjoyable though!

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5423 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:26 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:55 pm
The impressive thing to me is how you all forgot that bo_sox was really afraid of getting shot by Rdrivera day1.....and then he goes on to claim D1 bp and noone sees that as a scumclaim :?
What, you didn't buy the "I really didn't think he was the vig" line?

That was the biggest fuckup I've ever gotten away with in one of these games.

foodcoats

#5424 Post by foodcoats » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Yeeeah mah scummies. Props to you roaches, the world is ours now.

Thank you Nephthys and TrPrado, that was a super fun game. Thanks for running it!

Chaqa/darg, I'm really sorry for repeatedly saying you were dumb or bad. I hope you know it was really just part of my gambit to lynch Headmaster Espresso who was literally crushing my scumballs at every step. :lol:

ScumVP goes to Jamie T. Pangolincrusher. Don't gloat near this anglerfish! :-D I am happy to have fooled you and expect to get mislynched in the near future as a result.

bozo and Espresso really owned it at the end. I am astonished the wagon flipped on bozo. I don't know if the DP smokescreen actually influenced darg, but DP WAS one of our fakeclaims, and in retrospect... I replied to it very glibly and it would have been a pain in the neck to deal with it. Well done. Also, I can't find the table easily now because I guess the bot is closed, but I believe bozo's survey of scummiest players actually surfaced all of us like turds in water. Darg and bo were at the top and I believe Chaqa and I had 4+ votes as well. I'm surprised everyone shat on bozo for that. I think it would be a useful tool for future towns.

GG WP all.

foodcoats

#5425 Post by foodcoats » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:17 pm

Also, can I please get an opinion on, why the fuck was Vaporwave lynched? I am absolutely astounded that he claimed he was RB'd and got lynched for it. Hilaaaaaarious but also I think there is a serious word of caution there for future towns. The accepted explanation that it was a fakeclaim was way too complicated to be truth, I could not believe it was being pushed by town.

foodcoats

#5426 Post by foodcoats » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Also also when is the next one.

worcej

#5427 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:06 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:17 pm
Also, can I please get an opinion on, why the fuck was Vaporwave lynched? I am absolutely astounded that he claimed he was RB'd and got lynched for it. Hilaaaaaarious but also I think there is a serious word of caution there for future towns. The accepted explanation that it was a fakeclaim was way too complicated to be truth, I could not believe it was being pushed by town.
Faking the RB is done more often than you think. Also, and maybe this is just him, but his reads felt forced and inconsistent - it's the type of thing I look for in scum.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5428 Post by flash2015 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15 pm

foodcoats wrote:
He did more than that...he also said that since he said he was visiting me the night before it means I must have been scum. That wasn't very towny. At best it was NAI.

bozotheclown

#5429 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:55 pm
I included that in my reasons to scum read bo_sox, but it was almost believable the way he started a wagon on the vig that he was OK with getting shot.

Temasek22

#5430 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:22 pm

I spectated the entire game.

I wasn't shocked by how bad ItsHosuke played lmao

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5431 Post by flash2015 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:22 pm

"Not Singapore"???? Are you related to Percy in some way?

Temasek22

#5432 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:28 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 pm
Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:22 pm

"Not Singapore"???? Are you related to Percy in some way?
Uhh, no. I'm ItsHosuke's roommate though

bozotheclown

#5433 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:30 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Thank you Nephthys and TrPrado, that was a super fun game. Thanks for running it!

Chaqa/darg, I'm really sorry for repeatedly saying you were dumb or bad. I hope you know it was really just part of my gambit to lynch Headmaster Espresso who was literally crushing my scumballs at every step. :lol:

ScumVP goes to Jamie T. Pangolincrusher. Don't gloat near this anglerfish! :-D I am happy to have fooled you and expect to get mislynched in the near future as a result.

bozo and Espresso really owned it at the end. I am astonished the wagon flipped on bozo. I don't know if the DP smokescreen actually influenced darg, but DP WAS one of our fakeclaims, and in retrospect... I replied to it very glibly and it would have been a pain in the neck to deal with it. Well done. Also, I can't find the table easily now because I guess the bot is closed, but I believe bozo's survey of scummiest players actually surfaced all of us like turds in water. Darg and bo were at the top and I believe Chaqa and I had 4+ votes as well. I'm surprised everyone shat on bozo for that. I think it would be a useful tool for future towns.

GG WP all.
The point I was trying to make at the end when Foxcastle voted for me to make it 4-4 was that if Espresso, flash, and I were the scum team trying to lynch you, we would win anyway with the double vote, so the only chance Foxcastle had to prevent a mislynch was to vote for you. Voting for me when he did gave the win to mafia no matter who the scum team was. As soon as flash voted from me I knew he was mafia instead of Jamie, Foxcastle and Jamie should have changed wagon immediately, but that is easy for me to say after the fact.

foodcoats

#5434 Post by foodcoats » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:12 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:06 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Faking the RB is done more often than you think. Also, and maybe this is just him, but his reads felt forced and inconsistent - it's the type of thing I look for in scum.
Ahhh okay I didn't realize it was s common strategy.

foodcoats

#5435 Post by foodcoats » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:15 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:30 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:14 pm

GG WP all.
The point I was trying to make at the end when Foxcastle voted for me to make it 4-4 was that if Espresso, flash, and I were the scum team trying to lynch you, we would win anyway with the double vote, so the only chance Foxcastle had to prevent a mislynch was to vote for you. Voting for me when he did gave the win to mafia no matter who the scum team was. As soon as flash voted from me I knew he was mafia instead of Jamie, Foxcastle and Jamie should have changed wagon immediately, but that is easy for me to say after the fact.
I didn't really follow exactly what happened at the end... I was legit AFK but I figured I was dead and just hoping flash would pull through since he seemed fairly townread.

This is my second time playing scum and I again realize that tunneling a single person, as I did to EP, is really not a good way to play it... town just don't get that fixated. In fact I was reading a bunch of your posts trying to find ways to discredit you but the evolution in your thought was straight town, no way I could play it as "inconsistent" or something.

foodcoats

#5436 Post by foodcoats » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:23 am

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15 pm
foodcoats wrote:
He did more than that...he also said that since he said he was visiting me the night before it means I must have been scum. That wasn't very towny. At best it was NAI.
Hmmm I didn't catch that.

I did listen to some vaporwave in tribute after he died though....

foodcoats

#5437 Post by foodcoats » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:28 am

Also who is Pedro?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5438 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:25 am

ND

#5439 Post by ND » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:21 am

Cool. Yes, I am looking forward to posting a sign up page as soon as I receive word back from the council.

ItsHosuke

#5440 Post by ItsHosuke » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:03 am

Gg all. Sorry to town especially fox for how Bad I played