MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
celaph

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#941 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:57 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:46 pm

I am the cop.
:shock:

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#942 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:16 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:13 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:06 am
@Ghug: Could you tell us more about why you scumread Kgray and Chaqa?
I like Chaqa right now, so he's probably scum. I'm going to give him a day or two though, since he may actually just be behaving nicely because of last game.

Kgray said something that irked me. I don't remember what it was, but it's discoverable because I responded to it.
So, your scumread on Chaqa is based on your assumption that you are incompetent. That was Worcej's old trick, wasn't it? "Oh I'll vote my townread because I'm usually wrong!"

And your scumread on Kgray is based on something you can't remember.

Solid work, Ghuggalo. What sleuthing. No wonder Vecna has such faith in you.
No, Chaqa cares more about his appearance when he's scum. That's not an assumption of incompetence.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#943 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:59 pm

That's because my read of you is currently very heavily linked to bona. If he is scum, you're more likely scum.

"If you think X is defending Y, vote for Y first"

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#944 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:59 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 pm
So bona had a very odd set of fubar'd quotes. That was odd. Celaph then came in trying to do some sort of Rorschach interpretation of the mess. I felt meh about bona's post but celaph felt gross here.

NOTE: I had this typed after reading through 42 and was intending a vote here. I caught the claim but intend to leave this and what follows alone for my thought process at that time without the vote attached however)
Dargo's entire don't jump to conclusions followed by immediately doing that was god awful.

damo's reluctance to vote jamie is also off. not wanting to vote people D1 is, well, normal. But to that point jamie hadn't done much and had limped in the game. It almost seems like a tactic to avoid pressure, but that's not something I'd normally expect from damo.

food asked for a list way back when, currently I am scum on darg (see above), cona for a lot of the odd stuff with bb early and the messy expla9i8nation of townreads, with sus on celaph if that would flip red for the white-knighting of the quote disaster

(Post claim)
I am scumreading bona, damo, rdr (lack of substance in posting. I feel rdr has few but impactful posts and I ain't seeing that)

toewn on brain, vecna, chaqa

food feels like he's shotgunning everything at the wall and is a townlean. Jamie feels uninvested and is a monor scumlean. As stated a scum bona make me think scum cel is possible (Might be anyway but that post would be really odd as scum covering town.

##vote bona
What's gross about celaph correctly interpreting Bona's post? It wasn't even hard to figure out what Bona was doing. And why do you scumread Bona anwyay? You don't give any solid reasons here. Kinda makes me think he's just a viable wagon.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#945 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:01 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:35 pm
I think there’s no benefit to DKing Dargo unless we think he’s mafia. If he’s the cop he’s gonna did tonight to the WW or mafia. Let’s look elsewhere.

I find it silly Kgray would even suggest it.

##Vote kgray
Really. You're voting me because my suggestion was "silly?" Is "silly" scummy now?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#946 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:02 pm

celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:34 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm

Examples below. They all strike me as something scum would write to seem active and hunty. They really don't seem very... authentic? And the fact that celaph is overall a low poster, not very reactive, sort of just comes in with these chunky beefs... it makes me think they're standing back from the keyboard, thinking very carefully, and then coming in with the non-committal-but-possibly-looks-good-at-a-quick-glance stuff.

<snip>
Based on my experience with scum!celaph, I disagree with your conclusion. He's never really a high poster and his activity and engagement here seems pretty standard town!celaph to me. When he was scum he just floated around doing literally nothing and I pretty easily caught him D1/D2. Here I see him making decent points and he's not just agreeing with whatever is being said.
In all fairness to myself, I played crap that one game as scum so it may not be the best comparison.
Only the first two days! After that you had a perfect game :-D

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#947 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:05 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:59 pm
What's gross about celaph correctly interpreting Bona's post? It wasn't even hard to figure out what Bona was doing. And why do you scumread Bona anwyay? You don't give any solid reasons here. Kinda makes me think he's just a viable wagon.
What is gross is stepping in to translate other player's actions. It is indicative of wanting to lead the narrative. Players need to clarify on thier own

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#948 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:06 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:57 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:15 pm
foodcoats wrote:

Because to me it sounds like kgray said "Let's try to make sure two townies die if possible rather than trying to daykill scum so only one townie dies."
What? I'm saying the werewolf could kill darg tonight (assuming he's telling the truth and the werewolf believes him).
The primary negative of the werewolf eating the cop is that the cop is dead. We shouldn't be DKing darg. Slight townpoints for suggesting it if he is town though.
Well, and immunity, right? But I guess that's not so bad because we'd still find them.

But okay. ##vote Demon then

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#949 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:09 pm

Bona's early argument of wanting more nulls over reads had me leery of him early. The quote wall be edited stinks of trying to get people to take their word for it and handwave off people questioning it. Also, one of (if not the stroingest) townread I have at the moment is on the wagon. (And hammering, but brain uses hammers like macca uses exclamation points)

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#950 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
That's because my read of you is currently very heavily linked to bona. If he is scum, you're more likely scum.

This makes no sense. Scum can obviously defend town. Town can defend town.

"If you think X is scum, vote for X."

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#951 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:12 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:05 pm
kgray wrote:
What is gross is stepping in to translate other player's actions. It is indicative of wanting to lead the narrative. Players need to clarify on thier own
That makes sense if you're answering for a player's reasoning or thinking, but not when you can clearly understand the formatting of a post.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#952 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:14 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

In what world does scum!celaph defend/come to the aid of town!bona here?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#953 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:16 pm
ghug wrote:

I like Chaqa right now, so he's probably scum. I'm going to give him a day or two though, since he may actually just be behaving nicely because of last game.

Kgray said something that irked me. I don't remember what it was, but it's discoverable because I responded to it.
So, your scumread on Chaqa is based on your assumption that you are incompetent. That was Worcej's old trick, wasn't it? "Oh I'll vote my townread because I'm usually wrong!"

And your scumread on Kgray is based on something you can't remember.

Solid work, Ghuggalo. What sleuthing. No wonder Vecna has such faith in you.
No, Chaqa cares more about his appearance when he's scum. That's not an assumption of incompetence.
Last game I didn’t care about appearances and you all DK’d me for it. I’m not gonna get killed for BS again.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#954 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:14 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:01 pm
Chaqa wrote:
I think there’s no benefit to DKing Dargo unless we think he’s mafia. If he’s the cop he’s gonna did tonight to the WW or mafia. Let’s look elsewhere.

##Vote kgray
Really. You're voting me because my suggestion was "silly?" Is "silly" scummy now?
Idly suggesting something in the hopes you can get a free miskill is.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#955 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:17 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:14 pm
kgray wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

I mean in general, scum can obviously buddy town... But I don't think he was really coming to his aid regardless. I don't even think celaph is townreading bona?

I'm just saying the weird logic of voting for someone who is being defended because you scumread the person defending them makes no sense.

celaph

#956 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:17 pm

##vote Demon

I don't think that darg is a good wagon for the day. I think it's most likely that he will be flipped rather soon and even if he's scum he's forced to give us reliable info to stay alive.

I don't hate the Bona wagon, but he's been both sharper and more active than RHK and I like the people on this wagon more.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#957 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:18 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:17 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
kgray wrote:

I mean in general, scum can obviously buddy town... But I don't think he was really coming to his aid regardless. I don't even think celaph is townreading bona?

I'm just saying the weird logic of voting for someone who is being defended because you scumread the person defending them makes no sense.
But I scumread both?

celaph

#958 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:21 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:17 pm
I don't even think celaph is townreading bona?
I'm not. I agree with your earlier post that he's been sharp, but his thought process has been really simple. It makes me think that he's afraid of being caught making up reasoning and so he's sticking to what he knows he can justify.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#959 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:22 pm

Chaqa wrote:
kgray wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##Vote kgray
That wouldn't be silly, it'd just be bad play. And I don't do suspicious shit like that as scum.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#960 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:23 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:22 pm
Chaqa wrote:
kgray wrote:

That wouldn't be silly, it'd just be bad play. And I don't do suspicious shit like that as scum.
I seem to remember you slipping up bad the game we were scum together on an occasion or two.