M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#921 Post by Nephthys » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:32 pm

Flash needs looking into. Its a weird way to play it. Perhaps more SKish?

brainbomb

#922 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:33 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:31 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:30 pm
its a trick I learned from vecna a while back that in ties if you revote the person you are on it can cause a person to see it and think the tie is broken and join
I knew you were gonna say this :D
I mean probably was a bad idea both when you did and when I did. didnt yours get ghug mason lynched lmao

Jamiet99uk

#923 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:28 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:26 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:21 pm
so. how do we all feel about me?
You're scum.

You pretended to move your vote to make it look like you were keen to avoid a tie, but in fact it was a deception.
yes
Indeed it was. to falseley make it look like a runaway wagon was forming on bunny. I dont deny any of this
That is not what I said. Your fake vote was about *you*, not Bunny. But I see you.

xorxes

#924 Post by xorxes » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:34 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:24 pm
surprised noone is giving me shit for trying to dissuade the EMC wagon for a good 5 minutes only to end up hammering him lol
Why did you decide to hammer him? You broke the tie, but why emc over Bunny?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#925 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:36 pm

Great job guys. Sorry for missing EOD, but in the end it was good as I would have probably voted Bunny.

Vecna is town. No way scum Vecna will buss to avoid a tie. Bob is town. Jamiet is probably town.
And Kitsune is probably scum that tried to bail on the bussing and missed the #.

Brain could be scum trying to save Emc by pushing Bunny (in this case Bunny is town).

xorxes

#926 Post by xorxes » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:25 pm
FROM THE MAF QT

**DEFCON 4. WARNING DEFCON 4**

Ronald Reagan: We need a coup in chile, a cup of chili and someone to turn off that fucking alarm.

damo: I would but... N1 isnt my jam. *yawns* have one of the interns do it.

Ronald Reagan: BOB. get yer ass in here bob. I need you to turn off the alarm.

Bobmcbob: Yea. sure. okay. why are you asking me? it makes me uncomfortable.

*Neph enters*
Nephthys: *hissssssss*

damo: hes doing the snake thing again.

bobmcbob: wooooof

damo: yawn

Neph: hissssssss

Ronald Reagan: I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.
*removes mask, is Jamiet99uk*
:-D but you have one too many scum in that QT.

brainbomb

#927 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:38 pm

interesting to look at the votes when emc turned into a 6.

you dont have to count me but what is kit doing? the bozo vote is odd. invalid and both jamie and I point it out. the bot didnt count it. nor did worcej or bozo

Vecna

#928 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:38 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:34 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:24 pm
surprised noone is giving me shit for trying to dissuade the EMC wagon for a good 5 minutes only to end up hammering him lol
Why did you decide to hammer him? You broke the tie, but why emc over Bunny?
split decision, there was at least a small chance that EMC would flip scum. The way bunny was approaching EOD in those final moments he was playing completely unafraid of death (trying to wagon Damo with us), so I didnt feel there was any chance of him flipping scum.

In hindsight it can also be explained by both of them being scum, but that did not appear to me whatsoever at that moment

brainbomb

#929 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:39 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:37 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:25 pm
FROM THE MAF QT

**DEFCON 4. WARNING DEFCON 4**

Ronald Reagan: We need a coup in chile, a cup of chili and someone to turn off that fucking alarm.

damo: I would but... N1 isnt my jam. *yawns* have one of the interns do it.

Ronald Reagan: BOB. get yer ass in here bob. I need you to turn off the alarm.

Bobmcbob: Yea. sure. okay. why are you asking me? it makes me uncomfortable.

*Neph enters*
Nephthys: *hissssssss*

damo: hes doing the snake thing again.

bobmcbob: wooooof

damo: yawn

Neph: hissssssss

Ronald Reagan: I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.
*removes mask, is Jamiet99uk*
:-D but you have one too many scum in that QT.
bob is an intern in this. being duped by the evil reaganites

xorxes

#930 Post by xorxes » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:39 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Yea brain looks bad.

Bunny to emc at 0:23
emc to bunny 0:07
Bunny to bunny 0:01
How does that look if Bunny is scum?

Vecna

#931 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:33 pm
Vecna wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:30 pm
its a trick I learned from vecna a while back that in ties if you revote the person you are on it can cause a person to see it and think the tie is broken and join
I knew you were gonna say this :D
I mean probably was a bad idea both when you did and when I did. didnt yours get ghug mason lynched lmao
I think I did it to try and get traction on a flashwagon, which didnt end up working. Dont think the person ended up getting lynched.

Nephthys

#932 Post by Nephthys » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:40 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:22 pm
Well I just noticed my three pings were all the low posters. So that was probably a subconscious bias.

I don't really like the emc wagon. I am not in principle opposed to a policy lynch, because I think it is almost certain that at least one scum is lurking D1, but I think a much better option than emc is flash. emc is pretty active this game, and town!emc has shown reckless abandon in at least two games I've played to allow themselves to be lynched in favour of protecting their meta of late voting. This means that emc is an easy mislynch for scum, and also that emc isn't even really a good policy option here because, votes aside, and whether or not you like what emc has posted, they are participating at a solid level. Lynching emc here is in my eyes equal to lynching brainbomb: you can't sort them adequately yet, and they are definitely not lurking, so it's a bad play to lynch them just because you're not getting what you want from them.

##VOTE flash2015
Does this need to be looked into more? He deliberately off wagoned as well.

Possible deep scum?

Nephthys

#933 Post by Nephthys » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:42 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:39 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Yea brain looks bad.

Bunny to emc at 0:23
emc to bunny 0:07
Bunny to bunny 0:01
How does that look if Bunny is scum?
If bunny is scum its NAI at best. It probably makes brain town.

xorxes

#934 Post by xorxes » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:36 pm
Great job guys. Sorry for missing EOD, but in the end it was good as I would have probably voted Bunny.

Vecna is town. No way scum Vecna will buss to avoid a tie. Bob is town. Jamiet is probably town.
And Kitsune is probably scum that tried to bail on the bussing and missed the #.

Brain could be scum trying to save Emc by pushing Bunny (in this case Bunny is town).
Vecna is probably town, but not for the reason you give. He was on a vanity wagon and a tie would have made him look very bad. He could not vote for Bob after everything he had been saying. His only choices were emc or Bunny. What if Bunny is scum as well?

BunnyGo

#935 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:17 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:47 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:42 pm
Jamie, Kit, Bungo, someone I'm forgetting maybe

Read my fucking posts lol

Just because I style them jocular, add emotes, and extensively condense does not mean that there are no posts. Avoiding strong adjectives except for cases of sarcasm is not-not having an opinion.

I've already asked earlier in the day if it was difficult to understand and if it needed extending to no response, of which the obvious conclusion is that yes, everyone gets it.
I have been. I honestly think you’re town. I just fu*^ing hate how you won’t vote. I expect you to vote on ME as a holding vote at the start of day 2.

##VOTE DAMO
hmhmm
Agreed. This is some suspicious sh$t from me here.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#936 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:36 pm

Vecna is probably town, but not for the reason you give. He was on a vanity wagon and a tie would have made him look very bad. He could not vote for Bob after everything he had been saying. His only choices were emc or Bunny. What if Bunny is scum as well?
He could have off wagoned and claim his internet got down or whatever (how many people missed EOD including me and you I think).
If Bunny is scum he could have done it, but in this case why get into this position by so strongly defend Bob?

BunnyGo

#937 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:47 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:19 pm
Bunny not voting emc to save himself though...
That is a small thing in my favor. I really did think he was town.

Foxcastle

#938 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:48 pm

I buy Brainbomb's explanation about his weird re-vote. Doesn't mean he's town, but that doesn't look all that scummy to me.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#939 Post by KalelChase » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:50 pm

Well that was excellent.

Big points for
Foxcastle & Vecna for specific push backs in the ISO below. Also to
Jamiet99uk
BobMcBob - My apologies to Bob... shouldn't have switched.
Kitsune
Vecna
.5 to Bunny

Now I finally get to do what I do best... reiterate a lot of history and try to illuminate facts (without any really intelligent data analysis to go with it). Enjoy.

ISO
Some select e.m.c. quotes where is specifically references/assesses another player from the first day (eliminating non-game related mentions and all the role-playing crap). You decide if he's trying for a miss-lynch or bus or whatever maf term you prefer to use.

Bozo's Game - "Karrot, Bungo, flash, xorx, bozo"

"Neph feels like he's rp'ing bb"

"Karrot is decidedly less shy, we shall see if that is due to getting more familiar to playing/the crowd or something else"

"poor towny rivera, my condolences."

"oh hi Squigs. So glad you have returned. come shitpost with us in nostalgia, whenever you are done reading."

"Lol. It has been a good long while since Jamie last did something like this. It fills me with great reminiscence of yonder days of jamiemania"

"I fear our darlin' spitfire kitten is soused by way of smog."

"The troubles of the world appear to have gotten to bungo, he's been sadly nonshitposty and disillusioned to our incredibly accurate day one reads. Will echo that Kit somewhat fell off from general existence, hi kit, it's been awhile :D"

(This post seems like BS, but could be code)
"since jamie seems to be adorably, generally inattentive once again, in clear cut wording

1) emc draw jmo bikini <3
2) post vanish (!!)
0) ???
3) !!!
4) D:
4.5) (T⌓T)
6) emc labours over e-mail of love with tender affections, painstakingly, currently still in progress."

(one of his longer posts)
"to lengthen, Neph has gone near 120 in terms of tone, has upped sarcasm by a lot, and is more jocular this game than he has been, like ever. He's decidedly more confident in himself, and more grounded than usual. More willing to defend thoughts. Posts tend towards the shorter side but that is as usual since his meta evolved from old walls. Unknown if said confidence is due to 1) deliberate roleplay, as tactic - similar to how he did his whole "lhf" schtick before but for different objective, or due to being scum, or due to just being more rooted as town."

"darlin' vecna is so kind, so considerate, it puts a tear to my astigmatic eyes"

"Alright. Time to piss off foxC as I commentlaborate and somehow prolly not vote until that is done, lmao"

"updated thoughts on cocky neph, I like it more than find it suspicious, and his thing on Jamie isn't that wrong"

Also a chart of who's posts he bothered to respond to...
Neph - 4
Kak - 1
Bozo - 1
Xorx (singing) - 1
Vecna - 2
E.m.c. - 1 (for completeness)
Fox - 1
Bob - 1
RdR - 1

xorxes

#940 Post by xorxes » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:52 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:40 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:22 pm
Well I just noticed my three pings were all the low posters. So that was probably a subconscious bias.

I don't really like the emc wagon. I am not in principle opposed to a policy lynch, because I think it is almost certain that at least one scum is lurking D1, but I think a much better option than emc is flash. emc is pretty active this game, and town!emc has shown reckless abandon in at least two games I've played to allow themselves to be lynched in favour of protecting their meta of late voting. This means that emc is an easy mislynch for scum, and also that emc isn't even really a good policy option here because, votes aside, and whether or not you like what emc has posted, they are participating at a solid level. Lynching emc here is in my eyes equal to lynching brainbomb: you can't sort them adequately yet, and they are definitely not lurking, so it's a bad play to lynch them just because you're not getting what you want from them.

##VOTE flash2015
Does this need to be looked into more? He deliberately off wagoned as well.

Possible deep scum?
Hmmm... A bit too strong for a defense of a teammate who was already being defended by others. Maybe, but not a big concern yet for me at least.