Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#861 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:57 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:51 pm
Okay, I should be caught up on questions, time for analysis. I will be doing analysis on players that are not lurking but maybe more under the radar first. If you have any specific player you want me to iso let me know and I will try to get to them before the night is over.
Tom, Durga, Xorx, TrPrado
I was planning on doing Tom and Durga first, so that works out well

ChippeRock

#862 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:00 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:50 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:30 pm
@Squigs

You seem to be changing your mind a lot here. Not only that, besides your idiotic "gut reads", you have not posted what your current reads are. Additionally, the only two players you have focused on analyzing their posts are mine & Flav's.

Why don't you broaden your scope a little? Tell us about your current reads - and an explanation behind those reads. Your focus on reading only 2 players in this game is getting ridiculous and it makes you look scummy.
First off, I was already planning on using today to broaden my scope and get more into analysis and less content generation.

Second, this is hilarious to hear from someone who has given a single scum read (unless you count your waffling of Carl as a scumread) and two weak town reads. I will broaden my scope and I implore you to do the same.

Not a single player has posted a full reads list, so my gut reads are currently leading in that category. Not a single player has mounted more than three cases on different players, so why are you criticizing me when you could level the same criticism on any other player in the game? Oh right, because I am your only scum-read right now and you aren't willing to change that.
As of right now, I have made 3 reads. You, on the other hand, have made a grand total of 2 (both of which you have flipped your opinion on) that weren't solely based on someone's first post.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#863 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:57 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:51 pm
Okay, I should be caught up on questions, time for analysis. I will be doing analysis on players that are not lurking but maybe more under the radar first. If you have any specific player you want me to iso let me know and I will try to get to them before the night is over.
Tom, Durga, Xorx, TrPrado
I was planning on doing Tom and Durga first, so that works out well
I'm interested in your thoughts on teacon too. I'm feeling less solid in that read after hearing some reactions and meta reflections.

Also, I'd like to know more about your thoughts on Flavius. I believe he was your top scumread early. Now he's not. I'd like to hear more about your progression here. I have vaguely appreciated some of his contributions today, but I just don't think there has been anything quite so readable as his reactions during the first hour or so of the game. So I am putting a lot of emphasis on that time period.

CruaaderReynauld

#864 Post by CruaaderReynauld » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:04 am

Alright then I'll be voting ##No-Lynch

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#865 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:09 am

CruaaderReynauld wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:04 am
Can you explain why?

Have you read the thread? Do you plan to read it?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#866 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:14 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:00 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:50 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:30 pm
@Squigs

You seem to be changing your mind a lot here. Not only that, besides your idiotic "gut reads", you have not posted what your current reads are. Additionally, the only two players you have focused on analyzing their posts are mine & Flav's.

Why don't you broaden your scope a little? Tell us about your current reads - and an explanation behind those reads. Your focus on reading only 2 players in this game is getting ridiculous and it makes you look scummy.
First off, I was already planning on using today to broaden my scope and get more into analysis and less content generation.

Second, this is hilarious to hear from someone who has given a single scum read (unless you count your waffling of Carl as a scumread) and two weak town reads. I will broaden my scope and I implore you to do the same.

Not a single player has posted a full reads list, so my gut reads are currently leading in that category. Not a single player has mounted more than three cases on different players, so why are you criticizing me when you could level the same criticism on any other player in the game? Oh right, because I am your only scum-read right now and you aren't willing to change that.
As of right now, I have made 3 reads. You, on the other hand, have made a grand total of 2 (both of which you have flipped your opinion on) that weren't solely based on someone's first post.
To be fair, I have also voted Tom, so that makes me at least tied with you

I thought I gave a strong townread on Carl somewhere too, but that may not have been posted.

CruaaderReynauld

#867 Post by CruaaderReynauld » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:15 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:09 am
CruaaderReynauld wrote:
Can you explain why?

I have read the thread, and the reason I'm voting No-Lynch is because I don't think there is enough real evidence to lynch anyone without it being more of a guess

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#868 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:19 am

CruaaderReynauld wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:15 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
CruaaderReynauld wrote:
Can you explain why?

I have read the thread, and the reason I'm voting No-Lynch is because I don't think there is enough real evidence to lynch anyone without it being more of a guess
I hear you. Thing is — we need your best guess so that we can sort you.

Can you at least give us a sense of what your guesses might be and why? It may be very useful later once we have more info to use to decipher Day 1.

Percy Williams

#869 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:20 am

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 pm
@percy
@connor

You've both mentioned the blind assassin. What's the worth of trying to figure out who that is right now? Seems to me like there'd be really little to go on, as 3rd party psych would play pretty conservative early on so as to survive to the late game.
That's why I'm not voting chipperock or pushing his lynch, as the only reason I would want him lynched is if I concluded #3 was true.

Percy Williams

#870 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:27 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:36 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:24 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Percy, do you think Chippe sincerely believes he can proove he is a VT, do you think he was reaction testing, something else?
I believe he either
1.believes he can prove he is VT,
2. is Town Pr trying to Make Scum believe he is VT (which depending on his role could make one other player inclined to promote that image)
3.or is the Blind assasin, trying to keep everyone off his case.
No chance he is scum fishing for town PRs? Any reason you are sure of that?

CruaaderReynauld

#871 Post by CruaaderReynauld » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:27 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:19 am
CruaaderReynauld wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Can you explain why?

Can you at least give us a sense of what your guesses might be and why? It may be very useful later once we have more info to use to decipher Day 1.
I'd say it's the people who are trying to push lynches and/or seem confident about their votes, as with no proof the only people who know the teams are the mafia themselves.

ChippeRock

#872 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:28 am

CruaaderReynauld wrote:
You have to do it like this (without the semicolon): ##VOTE ;No-Lynch

Percy Williams

#873 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:29 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:46 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:36 pm
No chance he is scum fishing for town PRs? Any reason you are sure of that?
Have you ever seen scum do that so blatantly? I don't think this is a real thing.
Can you let Percy answer please?
You guys don't need to worry, I respond immediately when I see a question that @'s me. I literally have no idea what is posted right after the post I'm quoting right now.

CruaaderReynauld

#874 Post by CruaaderReynauld » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:30 am

Alright then, ##VOTE ;No-Lynch

damo666

#875 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:31 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:37 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:25 pm
SQUIGS:

Regarding your method of determining town or scum in a single post, please explain very calmly and in detail about your method and what you sought to accomplish with it. I know you explained some element of it before, but could you give a more, let's say, forthright answer?

Methodology:
Read the first post of every player. Without analyzing it super in-depth, try to guess the alignment of the player. If the post is NAI, read their second post, or third. Mostly looks at tone, but takes into account the situation of the game at that moment. For example, Flavius got a scumread on his initial post because he made a post very similar in content to a player I had just given a townread to.

What I sought to accomplish with it:
My primary goal in employing this methodology was to entertain myself during the dull moments of the beginning of the game. Foxcastle asked me what kind of Squigs was going to be playing the game and I told him the one that was going to have the most fun. Doing this was a fun little game for me that kept me entertained throughout the first 12 hours of the game, as evidenced by my abnormally high post count (abnormally high for me at least).
The secondary purpose of this methodology was to generate content. I wanted to get people to instantly start talking about alignments and motivations, and set a quick pace for the game.
My intended purpose was never to solve the game in the first 12 hours. My intended purpose was never to start a wagon based on the first post or two of a player. I think by now there is enough content now, and after answering questions from people, I will shelf reckless Squigs and pull out analytic Squigs to iso/analyze people and build a case or two.
Good. I like analytical Squigs. Townie points for this post.

damo666

#876 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:38 am

CruaaderReynauld wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:30 am
Alright then, ##VOTE ;No-Lynch
No. Like this:

##VOTE NO-LYNCH

damo666

#877 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 am

##UNVOTE

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#878 Post by TrPrado » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:41 am

CruaaderReynauld wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:27 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:19 am
CruaaderReynauld wrote:

I'd say it's the people who are trying to push lynches and/or seem confident about their votes, as with no proof the only people who know the teams are the mafia themselves.
So... everyone?

Percy Williams

#879 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:42 am

If Crusader comes back on, and does both of the votes Damo did, I'm starting a crusade. Just against him. In Real Life

damo666

#880 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:48 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:55 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:34 pm
In my opinion, ChippeRock has either violated a game rule or is mafia. Since the GM says he has not broken any rules, he must be mafia.
I see that it is your opinion that he has broken the rules or is mafia, but you haven't explained why. GM says he has not broken a rule, why does that make him mafia? Explain please.
If ChippeRock is a VT, he has broken the rule on gaming the role PMs. Since the GM said he has not broken any rules, I have to assume he is not a VT. I suppose he could be a town PR, but I seriously doubt that.
@Bozo I follow your logic but it is based on the premise that IF Chips is VT he has broken the 'gaming the role PM' rule. How so? Could you please explain how he has (or could have) 'gamed the role PM'?

Now the GM says he hasn't broken any rule which is fine. I just don't see how this implies he is not VT.