MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#761 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:52 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:24 am
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:15 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 pm
Brain's for sure scum.
Ghug, you’ve sort of flippantly called brain, kgray and Chaqa scum. I don’t get the impression you actually think any of them ARE scum... but you haven’t called anyone else scum, other than sheeping Vecna onto Maniac... which also strikes me as unserious.

Is there anyone you seriously think might be scum at this point?
All of those people lol
Huh, okay. I feel brain and Chaqa are town. Vecna seems townish, as well. Maniac... not enough of a dataset. kgray... I'm not certain. I dislike the "cut 'em down" approach, which biases me against her, but... I'd say it's a wait and see. But I would vote for kgray before the rest of that list, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h_rSTomKi0

foodcoats

#762 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:53 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:11 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:34 pm

rdr, you are surprisingly defensive so early in the game when brainbomb merely called you "comfortable." Why do you think you need to fight this so hard? I don't think brain has even said you are scummy.
This feels kinda coachy.
WTF? Do you think Food is coaching me? Really?
Get back in there rdr!

foodcoats

#763 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:57 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 am
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 pm

I especially disliked his pre-emptive dismissal of people calling it out for being trite.
I don’t really want to argue about this with the Snide Remarks Gang, but

1. It’s not a random group of 9 players, it’s a selection based on analysis
2. “At least” means “a minimum of”
3. It says things about HB

I don’t understand the edgy snark, either. Are you 14?
Edgy snark? Moi?

What does it say to you about Hamilton?
I misread "especially disliked" as "especially liked." I was also really hangry at the time. :lol: Sorry...

For me it says Haas Bioroid is trying to build frameworks of analysis, which is good for town. It helps town cooperate and work together. I actually still think it's a pretty good list because he pulled together the blasé base and from experience there's guaranteed some scum in there, so we can do a POE.

TLDR Helping town makes me like people.

foodcoats

#764 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:58 pm

celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:51 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:34 am
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:17 am

Bona, you’ve pointed out a lot of things you don’t like. What have you really liked so far? Who do you townread?
I like celaph, kgray, and ghug so far. Most people are only slightly one way or the other so far, but they stand out to me.
I get the feeling that us 3 all stand out in your mind because you have more experience with us. Can you point to the things that we've actually said that you've liked?
Now THIS is coaching.

FLAG ON THE PLAY!

... I don't know sports.

Bonatogether

#765 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:54 am
Bonatogether wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Bona, you’ve pointed out a lot of things you don’t like. What have you really liked so far? Who do you townread?
I like celaph, kgray, and ghug so far. Most people are only slightly one way or the other so far, but they stand out to me.
Why?
I elaborate on this in a later post.

foodcoats

#766 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 am
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:40 am
Rereading celaph’s iso reminds me a bit of my own scum play. There are some big analytical posts that seem lacking in emotional punch, immediacy, context.

With this in mind, I wonder if celaph is scum, is bona also scum parking a vote to eventually leverage that into distancing/defending or something? Bona has scum reads, has said he town leans celaph, and yet is still parking. Seems unfavourable to town. In addition bona is pretty aggro but not towards celaph, who he is “watching”?

Chaqa’s iso feels too cutting and analytical to be scum Chaqa so I feel good about town!Chaqa.

Slightly aggravating that Kak and Macca get temporary passes find they pre-claimed absence. Rereading rdr’s intro makes me think scummy again.

HB seems pretty naively town. I don’t have any meta so not sure if that’s telling in any way.
celaph has big analytical posts? Are we reading the same game?
Examples below. They all strike me as something scum would write to seem active and hunty. They really don't seem very... authentic? And the fact that celaph is overall a low poster, not very reactive, sort of just comes in with these chunky beefs... it makes me think they're standing back from the keyboard, thinking very carefully, and then coming in with the non-committal-but-possibly-looks-good-at-a-quick-glance stuff.
celaph wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:33 pm
Regarding Brain and Bona's argument:

There are moments that it feels like Brain is trying to fit data to match his argument. First it's that scum Macca doesn't use exclamations and then it's that scum Macca's explanations come only at the end. And they only come at the end because they are afterthoughts which makes more sense as scum. There is certainly a difference, I'm just not buying that the difference is causal right now.

That said, I'm a little bothered by how little Bona seems to have taken from the interaction. At best he managed a "brain is mildly scummy for it the whole thing" when prompted.
celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:19 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:04 am

Damo hates fun. I think this suggests damo is town.
what about kakarrotto has been fun so far?
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:33 pm
thats now two people who have defended kak, stating he was fun, or wacky, or both
What I dislike here is that you're framing this as an achievement or a gotcha while totally removing it from the context that it was in. The post you're quoting was from 3 hours into D1. Food has found kak fun on the basis of a single message at the time, that message being the one encouraging people to engage in the flavor and play as minor gods. The hardly qualifies as a real defense.

Has kak been wacky or fun since then? Obviously not, he hasn't done anything. But given the timing and context that says very little about food imo.
celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 am
@celaph @kgray I also like to know what you think of my 'dargo trapped' theory
I think I agree with your conclusion that darg is looking scummy, though I think I would go about making the argument differently.

For one, you're framing it as if ghug and Vecna were setting the trap intentionally which doesn't seem to be the case. At least, if it was the case then I'm surprised they aren't jumping more over it. I also think that you are glossing over the fact that he said he found himself tunneling severely after a single post regarding Bona.

Bonatogether

#767 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:01 am
Why are you falsely ascribing quotes to me? Why are you posting a series of celaph quotes with no words? Stop being weird.
I'm not. It's my comment on your quote, for which there is a convenient arrow for anyone who is interested to go back and see.

foodcoats

#768 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:03 am
##vote foodcoats for a bit of competitivity.

I'm going to bed now. Cya tomorrow morning.
So can we conclude you now believe celaph is locktown?

yavuzovic

#769 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:04 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:41 am
Bonatogether wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

nice reads yav
Oh lol. Are you claiming that I stole Bona's reads? I was reading earlier pages and I shared my impressions. I don't think this post is a just arguement to invalidate my reads. Maybe coincidence, maybe they really are towny or maybe Bona time travelled to make me seem scummy; I don't care. If you want confirmation: I didn't pay attention to that post when writing mine.

foodcoats

#770 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:53 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:11 pm

This feels kinda coachy.
WTF? Do you think Food is coaching me? Really?
I mean that's how I read it. You don't need coaching, but does food know that?
I'm making ghug Assistant Coach.

Got a spot for a Trainer and a GM. Any takers? We think rdr can really take off this season. Might have a sponsorship deal with Cheerios.

Bonatogether

#771 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:05 pm

celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 am
It's a confusing way to post this, but the words in the quotes are Bona's thoughts on each quote (best I can tell). If you click on the arrow it leads you to the quote he apparently likes.

The tl;dr for his post seems to be that Bona townreads the people who criticized brain which leaves me feeling icky.
See, celaph gets it. I demoted ghug to mere townlean for right ideas though, if you look at it.

foodcoats

#772 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:05 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:02 am
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:19 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 am
Food and Flash blend into one person to me. Probably the f names and all that...
If you don’t remember something worcej, why comment on it in a way that suggests you do? I remember you usually being aggro-snark D1, not sloppy and possibly misleading town.

Very scummy IMO.
I mean, I stand by my statement still. You both blend and are both lurkers from my memory.
Lurker smoothie. My specialty.

Bonatogether

#773 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:06 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:09 am
celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:01 am

Why are you falsely ascribing quotes to me? Why are you posting a series of celaph quotes with no words? Stop being weird.
It's a confusing way to post this, but the words in the quotes are Bona's thoughts on each quote (best I can tell). If you click on the arrow it leads you to the quote he apparently likes.

The tl;dr for his post seems to be that Bona townreads the people who criticized brain which leaves me feeling icky.
Yeah, I surmised that. It takes extra time to sort out, and it's bound to lead to some people thinking bona's thoughts are others', so I'm strongly suggesting that he should stop.
:razz:

foodcoats

#774 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:10 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:18 am
celaph wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:56 pm

Can you say more about this?
Hi, Green party spokesperson here. Stop eating meat and driving cars.

Foodcoats has displayed a metric fuckton of giving a fuck without giving a fuck. He's actively speaking his mind and trying to create discussion, but he's made embarrassing mistakes and posted walls of hedgey, stream of consciousness fluff. Feels pretty damn townie to me.
My opinion too.

And before you say it food, I am not pocketing you.
:o

I didn't quote your other responses because they were too long but you're lookin' a little townie over there now worcej. Makin' life difficult and such.

foodcoats

#775 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:11 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:52 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:02 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:20 pm
I dont personally think my game will be affected by what town pr or scum pr are in play. I have no interest or desire to care about such details unless scum somehow slips through a fake pr claim and that happens so seldom I cant imagine why we should give a shit
FWIW, you've pointed out why I'm not going to move my vote off a PR claim this game near any EOD.

Scum have one role they know they can claim and get away with it.
thats a good point actually. troublesome
It's a good point but NAI, isn't it? I feel like good players who understand mechanics can make these statements from either alignment.

Although, methinkin' town!worcej now, so, whatevs.

foodcoats

#776 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:16 pm

Not loving Macca's shitposts, I'll tell ya that right there bud.

yavuzovic

#777 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:18 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 am
yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:07 pm
I see why you say its NAI. but it isnt. Macca fake excitement is fairly noticeable. they didnt front load the post with excitement. it was an afterthought for macca they needed to be happy to be town. which town macca doesnt need to pepper into a post late in a paragraph.

To be clear, this is when macca was scum 2 games ago. this game macca is town.
Maybe you're right but why did you speak like Mecca's alignment depends only and only on excited behaviour. Are you trying to make it look like you defend Mecca because he is town and once you die you want us to think he is your scummate? Or simply buddying? I guess I will ##vote brainbomb because that's the best I can think so far.
Macca goes by "they."

It's suspicious that you are only considering town!Macca scenarios here, and not that brain could be townreading his teammate.
Macca wasn't heavily accused and brain didn't need to take suspicion by pointing out that they are towny when excited and repeat this so many times. Just go to that page, brain defends macca so hard that it starts to sound suspicious. Brain wouldn't defend them that hard if they were both mafia. We can think that Brainbomb is town but why would he do that then? Was he so sure that Macca is innocent?

Bonatogether

#778 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:22 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:03 am
##vote foodcoats for a bit of competitivity.

I'm going to bed now. Cya tomorrow morning.
So can we conclude you now believe celaph is locktown?
That would be the case, unless I change my mind :P

brainbomb

#779 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:23 pm

I was more incensed by the fact I actually bothered to go back and look and bona just kept repeating it was NAI. it reminded me of when bona decided randomly that eliminating the talkative players was the best way to go. as scum he gets on his high horse about some really random talking point and he just repeats himself until you get tired of arguing.

I do think macca has a towntell. And I do think I unearthed it; however subtle it was. I believe I did this mostly using introductory posts where I showed macca almost always excited right away; other than M64 (a scum game) where they backloaded excitement into their opening post almost as an afterthought.

brainbomb

#780 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:26 pm

Im starting to doubt kgray is town as well. mostly given the strange defenses of people calling scummy people sharp and scathing. plus kgray repeating she isnt good at mafia and that nobody actually fears her towngame. these statements although humble feel more like theyll be used to justify why shes not the nk this game