M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#581 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:38 pm
So PE comes out swinging, and swinging hard around 16 BD, claiming the scum team is brainbomb/ghug/x, possibly Chaqa, and follows up in a series of posts which I previously characterized as a reach, and desperate. I used that word very carefully, because when I landed my previous vote on food I hadn't any solid reason to vote him except some niggling feeling in the back of my head that this was a suspicious individual.

Now, I have better reason to believe so. The niggling feeling which was triggered by his opening was highly solidified by the series of posts he made when it became evident that he was the top wagon:

1. He acknowledges the wagon
2. Out of the blue, posts a read list unsolicited (which was unsubstantial and mostly spent its time calling people idiots, very cool)
3. When people called him out on his read list, he made a series of posts which I can only summarize as follows: "hey look guys, I don't care. I'm not concerned. Look how unconcerned I am, joking around like a clown."

Your assessment may differ, so here is food: start 26:29
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... =foodcoats
I'm confused about why you post a whole lot of stuff about Eden but then post a link to Foodcoats's iso?

snowy801

#582 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 pm
I'm confused about why you post a whole lot of stuff about Eden but then post a link to Foodcoats's iso?
Maybe it was unclear (I don't think so but apparently), but I switch focus to food in the 2nd sentence.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#583 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 pm

My one hesitation with PE is that he seems to scumread me, Chaqa, and brain as a group, which seems more like a dog who smelled shit and just really wants to eat the shit than principled scum trying to push a bad narrative. I'm also inclined to dislike his arguments because he's very fond of presenting well-constructed cases backed in bullshit (thanks law school) regardless of his role.

I feel like his schtick makes more sense coming from scum if one of Chaqa and brain is actually scum.

Jamiet99uk

#584 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Maybe it was unclear (I don't think so but apparently), but I switch focus to food in the 2nd sentence.
Sorry, it wasn't very clear. You do tend to ramble and use "he does this" or "he said that" a lot, without always being clear about who "he" is.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#585 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sorry, it wasn't very clear. You do tend to ramble and use "he does this" or "he said that" a lot, without always being clear about who "he" is.
Brits are just bad at reading English.

Jamiet99uk

#586 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm

guak wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 pm
My one hesitation with PE is that he seems to scumread me, Chaqa, and brain as a group, which seems more like a dog who smelled shit and just really wants to eat the shit than principled scum trying to push a bad narrative. I'm also inclined to dislike his arguments because he's very fond of presenting well-constructed cases backed in bullshit (thanks law school) regardless of his role.

I feel like his schtick makes more sense coming from scum if one of Chaqa and brain is actually scum.
Would Scum!PE bus Scum!Brain that hard?

brainbomb

#587 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:57 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:40 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:52 am

If Eden is killed and turned out to be scum, would that change your scum read of brainbomb? What would you think of brain if Eden turned out to be town?
Great questions. I have no answers at present.

I am only half witted today, as have to attend a funeral. Please excuse my absence.

Ah, the funeral defense. Condolences if you truly are, but I quite recall fondly my own funeral defense (which to be fair was also true, but the timeframe was... significantly adjusted).
Why would a rookie player, who is under zero pressure, need to lie about going to a funeral snowy?

snowy801

#588 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:57 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:40 pm

Great questions. I have no answers at present.

I am only half witted today, as have to attend a funeral. Please excuse my absence.

Ah, the funeral defense. Condolences if you truly are, but I quite recall fondly my own funeral defense (which to be fair was also true, but the timeframe was... significantly adjusted).
Why would a rookie player, who is under zero pressure, need to lie about going to a funeral snowy?
I'm sorry that I seem unconcerned about your accusation brainbomb, it's just that, well, I am unconcerned.

But respect is due, and thus I will answer: I have previously lied as scum about attending a funeral before, and wished to bring up that anecdote. If that comes paired with an implication of him lying, well, call it a bias.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#589 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm
guak wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Would Scum!PE bus Scum!Brain that hard?
I miss guak :(

Very possibly. I'm kinda thinking I was wrong to townread Chaqa though (cue Eden claiming he caused this by highlighting our interaction).

Jamiet99uk

#590 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 pm

@Brainbomb@

C'mon, who is Snow/Food's partner?

Is it Hamilton?

brainbomb

#591 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 pm
@Brainbomb@

Is it Hamilton?
the way you are wording questions is so thick and heavy handed. My reads are not changed by the fact I become suspicious of someone. I dont move one person out to make room for another.

please kindly stop being so disgustingly gotcha in every reply. it is intolerable and helps no one. All it takes is a basic level of thinking to see things from another persons perspective. youve clearly locked in that im scum so hard that every post I make is just another opportunity to clear someone. it means you are town. scum couldnt fake this level of obnoxious frothing at the mouth.

I still think everyone mentioned before could be scum. Simply because I took snowy out of my townreads is not me telling scum to kill him its not me hoping to avoid spewing anyone weaker as town its not to protect eden its not to protect food. Enough already.

My push on snowy is because he randomly implied a newb under zero pressure would fake having a funeral to attend. Which is something you would call me out on in a heartbeat and say that lying about a funeral is detestable. youd say implying anyone is lying about a funeral is a really rude and disgraceful accusation.

And so I pondered in the same way you would where that acccusation came from. the only place i can see it leading is to shade a person who is starting to be townread. johnny is starting to be towny to ppl and snowy seems threatened by it

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#592 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 pm
@Brainbomb@

Is it Hamilton?
the way you are wording questions is so thick and heavy handed. My reads are not changed by the fact I become suspicious of someone. I dont move one person out to make room for another.

please kindly stop being so disgustingly gotcha in every reply. it is intolerable and helps no one. All it takes is a basic level of thinking to see things from another persons perspective. youve clearly locked in that im scum so hard that every post I make is just another opportunity to clear someone. it means you are town. scum couldnt fake this level of obnoxious frothing at the mouth.

I still think everyone mentioned before could be scum. Simply because I took snowy out of my townreads is not me telling scum to kill him its not me hoping to avoid spewing anyone weaker as town its not to protect eden its not to protect food. Enough already.

My push on snowy is because he randomly implied a newb under zero pressure would fake having a funeral to attend. Which is something you would call me out on in a heartbeat and say that lying about a funeral is detestable. youd say implying anyone is lying about a funeral is a really rude and disgraceful accusation.

And so I pondered in the same way you would where that acccusation came from. the only place i can see it leading is to shade a person who is starting to be townread. johnny is starting to be towny to ppl and snowy seems threatened by it
Snowy was making a joke about the time he attended a funeral and used it as an excise to lurk, not seriously accusing Horsey of anything.

foodcoats

#593 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:24 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:42 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:53 am
I'll be shocked if scum can win this game.
Why? Unless the scumteam is exactly Brain, Ghug and Chaqa I think they have a decent chance to win the game. After N3 this is a pure vanilla game and if one deep scum is alive he have a decent chance to win considering the last games.
Honestly, I think town losing in 'KyLo' (or whatever we call it) with 3 players left in vanilla games is a coin toss, which are fair odds.

But yeah, normally we suck at vanilla games. Humor me - why do you think that is? (and anyone can respond to this one too)
This wasn't asked of me, but, in my observation, there is usually some kind of consolidation with between 24 to 6 hours to go, and then within the final 2 hours various doubts, suspicions and fears result in someone entirely different being DK'd (and this is often town-driven, not scum-driven). This results in situations where something that should've been resolved yesterday must now be resolved today, as it were. The "musical chairs" pushes current issues and problems onto tomorrow and often makes the following day a bit depressing.

I'm not naive enough to say that if only we were to hold onto the first few big wagons and stay firm that town would win more, as if our first instincts would always be eight; it's more that the craziness that typically ensues at EOD seems on the whole bad for town, because it introduces more doubt and fear and questions than it resolves things. And very often someone (including myself because I've certainly done this) will say that something is wrong if there is no EOD movement, and thereby cause a tizzy.

So if town were to say, "Look, here are the issues we faced today... how will we decide?" then town would go into the following day with better overall cohesion and information than if we allow the craziness to occur.

So for example, today, me, PE, or brain should be the DK, as we have been the biggest wagons and come under the most scrutiny. To DK someone else at the last minute would most likely just generate confusion for D2.

foodcoats

#594 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm
The most ridiculous assertion by foodcoats was that im spewing the game thread in identical ways to when I did my old man and the sea routine; which frankly is so far from reality I cant even find words to express how idiotic that reasoning was.
I'm not sure what you're referencing in regards to the old man and the sea routine. When I said you were spewing, I was pointing out that you were making statements inconsistent with what was actually happening - specifically, saying a bunch of people made reads lists, when in fact it was just people trying to remember the names of all the people in the game. I don't feel like you make that kind of mistake, usually. I make them all the time though :razz: so don't take it as an insult, just a scumread. ;)

Jamiet99uk

#595 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Actually, it is detestable. You are quite right.

Snowy should offer JBH a proper apology.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#596 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:18 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:50 am
Backing off from all the gun claims/pseudoclaims, I actually think Chaqa is the scummiest player so far - and I am no longer just trolling. The main thing Chaqa has done is make contradictory and confusing statements about the claims, adding to the general brouhaha without adding any effort to solve the game. He's swooped in for some one-liners in a way that you can tell he's watching the thread, he's just intentionally not participating. Isn't that a little funny for someone's "last hurrah?"
My meta take is Chaqa has checked out from our community, since he pretty much said he has, and is kinda being a meh troll about it live because it's fresh.

Upon seeing your explanation on what he has been doing, and reading up on him, I think your observations are sound.

Hey, I was just reading your last post where you rank the three wagons. Foods is your current "scummiest" at this point. However, even with that assessment, does this comment still jive with your thinking?

foodcoats

#597 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:30 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm

@Worcej: Why aren't you voting?
Because I need to go get my ID.

(see what I did there Jamie? :razz: )
Yes, you implied that your identity is being impersonated by a fraudster who is using your account in order to pursue some nefarious goal, and who must be stopped by new and tighter laws on voter ID.

I would remind you that cheating accusations are not allowed on the forum.

Razz.
Hmmm... I guess my comparison of Mafia to The Real Housewives does not hold, then.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#598 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:55 pm

Foodcoats, you know what I find interesting? You don't seem to be that concerned about being a wagon. Or you didn't, when you made that post about PE, bb, and yourself being the obvious daykills. I don't know if that's a reflection of trying to be a cool customer, or that the wagon fell off and PE and bb are more in the running.

I can't tell if that's scum being chill to not attract attention or just a level of calm since the danger seems past. Probably not NAI. People handle it differentl, I guess. Even the timeframe where you were leading, and you posted, you barely mentioned it. Is that normal?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#599 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:02 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:41 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:25 am
imo, people with hidden status are cowards.
Everyone should be hidden now that we know you can see when someone is writing a PM.

It isn't cowardly to prevent people from cheating.
I refuse to change my status because of this. If someone wants so badly to win a forum game on a Webdip site that he needs to cheat to improve his chances (and yes, it´s cheating to use ouf of game info) so be it.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#600 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:48 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:05 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:21 pm
Another good townie post.
So one towny post out of how many and you're auto on the "Brain is town..." side? The more I read the less inclined I am.
'townie posts' does not make someone automatically town.

This post in question was a good observation that I agreed with - there were a few low effort read lists and I find those distracting and not actually helpful.
Humm, why you also seems to believe there were some readlists?

The Snowy list and the others that followed aren´t read lists and it was obvious even for someone doing a quick read as me...