MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#541 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Or BLAP? BLAB? BLOB? w.e...

brainbomb

#542 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:35 pm

BLOGGING MOLLY

xorxes

#543 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:36 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:49 pm
[*] Jamie -
  • Seems very relaxed compared to usual... he got a little frustrated "defending Worcej," but otherwise he gave logical arguments and appeared to be taking in information from all sources rather than tunneling.
Jamiet gave logical arguments? Could you give an example?
[*] RagingIke - With so little said, it is hard to have much of a feeling... but I thought his calling out of Jamie's vote as invalid in the final minute was a towny move. I also thought his exchange with Xorxes and reasoning for voting Xorxes was sound.
I thought it was more of a tit for tat, but whatever, he was town.
[*] Bozo -
  • Extended discussion about mechanics can be scum indicative, but more so after D1. I found his hypoclaim and nolynch suggestions to be genuine, though it did slide towards more of polling and less of arguing merits.
You really got into that discussion though, you didn't seem to consider it scum indicative at the time.
[*] Brainbomb - The lack of tension between him and Jamie... or really anyone is surprising, but I am trying to keep it NAI as BB is clearly skilled enough to change styles and not always play the role of aggravating PR hunter. I have to believe he really missed EOD... because I would be willing to bet everyone a large supreme papa john's pizza that town!Brain would not have sat on Ike at the end of that day... speaking of his strange bets... his repetition of "im not wolf... with X" does look scummy, but again I think is just BB being... BB.
So in short no idea. I concur.

[*] Xorxes -
  • Was reading closely enough to mock Jamie's misread of BB and the use of "rather" ... but provided superficial comments and questions
I don't think there was anything to dig there. Do you think it merited going deeper into it?
[*] Awkward accusation/pressure of Worcej to hardclaim town... not sure what he was really going for... scum!Xorxes could be trying to bus teammate? set up bozo? smear Worcej? ... town!Xorxes could just be being an idiot? I think Xorxes is better than that.
It's quite obvious what I was doing if you know the history.

worcej prides himself of never making false claims, he thinks that "hardclaim" is a magic word that proves he is not lying. We always make him hardclaim town for that reason.
[*] My vote on him was my first attempt to get a true counter wagon to Damo making it 4-3 Damo-Xorxes. Brain left 30 mins later, Jamie with 6 hours left in the day. His defensiveness and aggression towards my vote seems scummy to me (but I am certainly bias and should watch myself for tunneling).
The reasoning you gave for that vote was completely manufactured and terrible though. Or do you still want to defend it?
[*] If Xorxes is town, at least he may have drawn enough heat to not get fear killed N1.
Yay! Are you saying you did it on purpose to protect me?
[*] I understood his vote on Ike to be largely a joke/pressure...
It was not a joke. My vote for damo was a joke, my vote for Ike was clearly not.
but he remained... he accused Worcej of knowing Damo would flip town... but only offered to vote me (which he didn't do even though if he scum read me and wanted to form a counter wagon then voting me made far more sense then remaining on Ike). Unlike BB who may have been gone at EOD... Xorxes clearly wasn't... and I don't think town!Xorxes would have let the day end that quietly.
What do you think town!Xorxes would have done differently?
@ Xorxes - Why did you stay on Ike at the end of the day? You vocally scum read me more and Ike wasn't going anywhere and hadn't said enough to be a realistic counter wagon.
You were an even less realistic wagon at end of day. Nobody was even responding to me about you.

brainbomb

#544 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:38 pm

I dont understand why every read about me always mentions Jamie

brainbomb

#545 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm

I have been scum with Jamie before. twas a long time ago when the ting tings were popular

brainbomb

#546 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:44 pm

so we confirn theres no vig

worcej

#547 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:44 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:49 pm
@ Worcej - You never answered my question about what other wagon you would have liked to see formed to counter Damo. Do you think we can read into the struggles to form a counter wagon or do you think we have to chalk it up to a lack of EOD presence?
I didn't have a good sense of who a good wagon would be other than damo to be honest. I was intentionally trying to block out the thought process of picking people who lurked, just because that seems to rarely work. That narrowed my pool down to Jaime / Bozo / Xorxes / BB / Neph for other wagon options - I defined lurking as less than 20 posts, which includes myself because I usually make wordy posts instead of frequent short posts.

Of that list abobe, the only one really on the radar or close of a counter wagon was Xorxes, but I didn't feel like he was doing anything scummy by pushing me (he's done it before) and did back off. Bozo, maybe, was another option but I really think he was just tunneling me, which isn't inherently scum and more just bad play (at least to me).

brainbomb

#548 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:45 pm

well bozo is 119° scum and rising

Jamiet99uk

#549 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:44 pm
What?

worcej

#550 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:47 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Noob question - but can't a vig hold their NK and just use it to off someone during the day?

xorxes

#551 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Not at all.

brainbomb

#552 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:48 pm

you only get 1 shot
do not miss yo chance to blow

woulda gone off last night bruh.

worcej

#553 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:48 pm
you only get 1 shot
do not miss yo chance to blow

woulda gone off last night bruh.
VIGILANTE: “You are the VIGILANTE. Each day you must vote for a suspect. During a NIGHT PHASE, and only ONCE during the game, you may target a player by PM’ing the GM with the order ##SHOOT [player]. At the end of the night, this player will die, unless saved by the doctor. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

What are you on BB?

brainbomb

#554 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:53 pm

they wouldve shot now as this is the only phase an extra kp is not a gamethrow. basic math ect

xorxes

#555 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:45 pm
well bozo is 119° scum and rising
Care to elaborate?

xorxes

#556 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:53 pm
they wouldve shot now as this is the only phase an extra kp is not a gamethrow. basic math ect
You're assuming we won't hit scum today?

foodcoats

#557 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm really interested in this NK of Ike. I think they were more or less being leaned as scum so why would mafia kill ike? Two ideas:

-- they interpreted the lurking as ike being a power role trying to avoid detection. Is that a strategy?

-- they are trying to smear brain or xor who voted for ike last phase. This is my preferred theory but maybe just because it reinforces my reads.

xorxes

#558 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:13 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:06 pm
I'm really interested in this NK of Ike. I think they were more or less being leaned as scum so why would mafia kill ike? Two ideas:

-- they interpreted the lurking as ike being a power role trying to avoid detection. Is that a strategy?
Possible, yes.
-- they are trying to smear brain or xor who voted for ike last phase. This is my preferred theory but maybe just because it reinforces my reads.
Possible but trying to read intentions in Mafia kill is WIFOM and usually not very informative.

brainbomb

#559 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:21 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:53 pm
You're assuming we won't hit scum today?
yep. I never play from bcs

brainbomb

#560 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 pm

we also confirm there is no cop. is a tracker or cop wouldve claimed green immediately to increase clears beyond threshold.

with 2 pr plus a clear and 9 alive thats 30% of town clean.

a tracker seeing no one move is much less valuable.

any cop or tracker would be claiming if they had a guilty rn.

##vote bozo because it sure feels hot in here. were up to 135°