M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#481 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:34 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:38 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:16 pm

And what this would indicate? Do you think scum could be worried to talk with his dance partner?
I am not sure.

What do you think?
I don't think the level of messaging on private chat is alignment indicative, specially at N0. In fact, a townie is more likely to forget to enter discord then a scum.
I don't agree here considering Eden made a point to remind everyone that discord joining was mandatory for the game.

worcej

#482 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:36 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:32 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:35 pm

I don't think the level of messaging on private chat is alignment indicative, specially at N0. In fact, a townie is more likely to forget to enter discord then a scum.
You think so? I'd say everyone would be checking in as soon as the discord link were received. If anything, I think mafia would be more apprehensive to get in there right away. The more time spent dialoguing means more time spilling something to hang them on later? I don't know. That could just be me.
Timing is irrelevant when the GM both PM'ed and discord messaged people about joining - which is how Eden got my attention on a weekend.

worcej

#483 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm
Does anyone else think Ghug has behaved very differently today than his normal D1 meta?
Have you not read my posts yet? lol

brainbomb

#484 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:38 pm

At any time a person can see who is in the server. we all had the ability to monitor who was actually in it or not all through the process from joining. did someone see someone still not joined as of X time? is someone claiming someone in their chat showed up late? is someone claiming their partner never talked?

if none of these things are happening these are theories that are not rooted in reality and its time to move on. I know thats funny as shit coming from me but havent we wasted enough goddamn time on this crap?

look at the wagons. for christs sakes start playing the game people.

sweetandcool

#485 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:39 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Does anyone else think Ghug has behaved very differently today than his normal D1 meta?
Why are you so confident ghug is scum? At least, I assume you are confident since you end voted.

I agree that ghug has pinged me a bit, though.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#486 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:41 pm

Someone mentioned mafia having a pre-D1 chat earlier. Is that true?

I was thinking about whether mafia knew who their teammates dancer partners were.

sweetandcool

#487 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:38 pm
At any time a person can see who is in the server. we all had the ability to monitor who was actually in it or not all through the process from joining. did someone see someone still not joined as of X time? is someone claiming someone in their chat showed up late? is someone claiming their partner never talked?

if none of these things are happening these are theories that are not rooted in reality and its time to move on. I know thats funny as shit coming from me but havent we wasted enough goddamn time on this crap?

I'm glad you can acknowledge that it's a waste of time trying to psychoanalyze such things. But I don't think we've really wasted time on it? At the very least it makes for interesting content, and I'm surprised you are actually trying to quell it.

aarodactyl

#488 Post by aarodactyl » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:41 pm

I was thinking about whether mafia knew who their teammates dancer partners were.
I think Eden confirmed it at some point.

worcej

#489 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:42 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:49 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:29 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:53 pm
@DemonRHK
I do not feel like ive been insulted at all. Nor poked fun at. The LVP comment was surprising from ghug but I assumed there was nothing actual about it.

Otherwise all of my interactions have been about a 6/10 as far as intensity. Nothing truly heated has occurred here.

I havent been hammering away at you insofar as I made a case, and I happen to still think it has some validity. I really dont think ive been unreasonable, I saw vecna using some reasoning to townread you and I question that read but thats more an indictment on him then you for example.

By all means keep playing and if you feel like my boot is on your neck just let me know im being too much to navigate the thread under this immense pressure
Come on brain, you know I full Streisand under any suspicion. Always have.

So I have been thinking on when the best time is for a mass claim, if at all. Without going to much into it, as I would rather not discuss optimal scum strategy for them, I think it will likely be in the D3-D4 range, depending on amount of miskills. What I am curious in opinions on is claiming on the gallows. What does everyone think? I'm of the mind that uless it isn't needed unless there is false info flying around (which is something else no one has discussed)
The existence of ghosts lets people claims when they’re dead. It’s a delayed claim since we would need to have a known single to relay the info but that seems final for early game at least.
Then what do you do with the claim when you see it? You just share it later when you could've just shared it now.

Hiding the pairs only helps scum out by giving them flexibility and doesn't allow for accountability.

brainbomb

#490 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Chaqa wrote:

Yes Mafia was given a N0 chat where they knew who all the dance partnerings were for their scum teammates. This is why I opened the game with a reaction test claiming my chat partner openly admitted to being mafia.

sweetandcool

#491 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Chaqa wrote:

I forget who asked (Kak?), but President Eden confirmed it.

brainbomb

#492 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:44 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

I'm glad you can acknowledge that it's a waste of time trying to psychoanalyze such things. But I don't think we've really wasted time on it? At the very least it makes for interesting content, and I'm surprised you are actually trying to quell it.
Do you of all people really wanna continue spending time on this given how long youve put off giving out any reads or solving of any kind?

worcej

#493 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:40 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:36 pm
@Brainbomb: What is your opinion of my opinion about Ghug?
That it - much like worcejs opinion of ghug is based on meta and past game behaviors which is easily verifiable given M1025 he was mafia, and M80 he was town who got railroaded most of the game.
Unlike M1025 I have not seen him white knight anyone or try to shut down peoples reasoning on others. In M1025 he was very snappy to try to cockblock people who scumread pyxxy, and was more willing to slightly scumread flum if I recall.
There is alot more deliberate effort when ghug is scum to shut down solvy lines of thinking, and stamp out reads. He isnt doing that here and seems to just be going by his own nose - which can also be really annoying because he doesnt usually care what anyones cases are until end of day when he just CFD's onto someone with a groupthink.

I still think hes town here, unless the mafia team is like exactly ghug-rdrivera/rhk/vecna-sweetandcool or something like that.

I just dont think hes mafia this time
I would argue ghug has been softly defending the opinions of aaro and s&c (not to claim) and letting the fight about it continue on in the thread.

worcej

#494 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:47 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:53 pm
ive not seen anyone other than myself suspect demonrhk. and only vecna to my knowledge has a townread on rhk.

this tells me basically nothing about how the game feels about demonrhk.
Null at worst - frankly there is little to go off of.

worcej

#495 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:23 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:34 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:33 am
if its scummy to out your chat partner

scumhunt instead

if its scummy to not mass claim

also just scumhunt

there.

thank you for listening
I present you ghug, who is behaving/encouraging value in dead players when he has notoriously dismissed reads of dead players because they are just as likely to be wrong as live players.
So normally ghug thinks the opinions of spectators in mafia games, or DVC in mafia games is a bunch of bloviating morons who have spoilers.

That is quite a bit different than a dead unspoiled graveyard where the dead can continue playing almost like a tree stump that just doesnt go away.
Disagree here because his opinions came out when we would spend time in the GT discussing how people never look back at the reads of dead townies and he was of the opinion the value isn't that high because dead people can still be wrong.

sweetandcool

#496 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:44 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Do you of all people really wanna continue spending time on this given how long youve put off giving out any reads or solving of any kind?
Spending time on what? I'm curious as to why you would say what I just quoted. Why did you think the discussion was useless? What would you like to see from town?

I haven't seen any real content from you either. Your main contribution has been handing out townreads like Halloween candy.

worcej

#497 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:51 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:39 pm
worcej wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Why are you so confident ghug is scum? At least, I assume you are confident since you end voted.

I've explained it already earlier but effectively his position on not claiming does not align in what his rooted values of dead player's opinions are.

That, and how he has behaved this game is to let this argument continue without trying to shut it down in any way. He has been present enough to not be a lurker without actually doing anything of value.

These tip me into scumming ghug hard now.

worcej

#498 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:53 pm

Chaqa wrote:

Eden confirmed that they had access to their mafia chat while we all had dance partner chat.

So the mafia team, as a collective, knows who they are all paired with.

sweetandcool

#499 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:54 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:51 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
worcej wrote:

I've explained it already earlier but effectively his position on not claiming does not align in what his rooted values of dead player's opinions are.

That, and how he has behaved this game is to let this argument continue without trying to shut it down in any way. He has been present enough to not be a lurker without actually doing anything of value.

Interesting. Yes, what pinged me was what you describe in your 2nd paragraph. I can't speak towards your first point.

It's not quite enough for me to sharpen my pitchfork yet, but it's suspicious.

worcej

#500 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:54 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:54 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:51 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

Interesting. Yes, what pinged me was what you describe in your 2nd paragraph. I can't speak towards your first point.

It's not quite enough for me to sharpen my pitchfork yet, but it's suspicious.
He's my strongest scum read currently