M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DeathLlama8

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#461 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:09 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:05 am
Like I said I'm comparing peoples answers on their thoughts on players to their reads on players later in the game.
Sure, but you're asking questions in a way that's perpendicular to what town actually thinks of certain players. Who I would save N1/want to partner with is more about who I think is good at mafia instead of who I think is town/scum

BesharamSabi

#462 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:09 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:06 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:01 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:56 am

I'd like to see more of your thought process (and frankly some better questions). Why do you think I'd kill snowy or celaph?
I'm using these answers to compare how players read players later in the game. I want to see the thought process. I have no idea why you want to kill them so that's why I'm asking you.
I gave no reason because I figured it would be obvious. Why would scum want to kill a particular townie?
There is nothing obvious, I want your motivation if youre scum about why you would night kill those two. You gave reasons for others but not them.

Being difficult again G hug.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#463 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:00 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:55 am
Okay questions for sabi:

1) What do you think your hypothetical questions will accomplish?
2) What's your method of hiding/blending in when you are mafia?
3) Which post of mine do you disagree with most?
What do you think your hypothetical questions will accomplish

I'm trying to get in players minds and see how they are reading players so I can use it to reflect on their player reads later in the game.

What's your method of hiding/blending in when you are mafia?

This is my third ever forum mafia game that isn't the board/card game version and I have been town so far, no idea tbh.

Which post of mine do you disagree with most

Your read on Bona. He seems like his usual self. Nothing raising any bells with me. Seems townie as the last time I played with him and his non mafia self.
If you're trying to get players reads, why not just ask for reads? What's special about these questions?

I dont like this answer. Probably because I worded the question wrong so that's my fault. I don't really care about this answer anymore anyway.

Do you think I'm wrong that Bona is playing reactionary or just that town Bona usually plays reactionary? Would scum Bona not be reactionary?

BesharamSabi

#464 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:09 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Like I said I'm comparing peoples answers on their thoughts on players to their reads on players later in the game.
Sure, but you're asking questions in a way that's perpendicular to what town actually thinks of certain players. Who I would save N1/want to partner with is more about who I think is good at mafia instead of who I think is town/scum
If my plan/process works out like I envision it will then you will see. I'm trying a new strategy. This could backfire who knows.

DeathLlama8

#465 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:08 am
so it's clearly not some out of left field thing. It's also not clear to me that it was a crosspost, and I never really pushed it? I said it was a possibility (one that I think is likely) but I could see it being legit
why do you think that post was inherently scummier if it was a crosspost?

Bonatogether

#466 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
If my plan/process works out like I envision it will then you will see. I'm trying a new strategy. This could backfire who knows.
ask me questions =D

Bonatogether

#467 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:12 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
so it's clearly not some out of left field thing. It's also not clear to me that it was a crosspost, and I never really pushed it? I said it was a possibility (one that I think is likely) but I could see it being legit
I don't? I've been saying it's more scummy if it's not, cause then it's sqoogs makings posts to look town in direct consequence of people wondering why he's not

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#468 Post by ghug » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:13 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:06 am
BesharamSabi wrote:

I'm using these answers to compare how players read players later in the game. I want to see the thought process. I have no idea why you want to kill them so that's why I'm asking you.
I gave no reason because I figured it would be obvious. Why would scum want to kill a particular townie?
There is nothing obvious, I want your motivation if youre scum about why you would night kill those two. You gave reasons for others but not them.

Being difficult again G hug.
I think they're good as town. The same reason everyone else is not giving. I pointed at someone I thought could catch me specifically, and I pointed out that we don't have others' reads or the results of the day to go on at this point. What other reason could there possibly be?

BesharamSabi

#469 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:14 am

Squigs44 wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:00 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:55 am
Okay questions for sabi:

1) What do you think your hypothetical questions will accomplish?
2) What's your method of hiding/blending in when you are mafia?
3) Which post of mine do you disagree with most?
What do you think your hypothetical questions will accomplish

I'm trying to get in players minds and see how they are reading players so I can use it to reflect on their player reads later in the game.

What's your method of hiding/blending in when you are mafia?

This is my third ever forum mafia game that isn't the board/card game version and I have been town so far, no idea tbh.

Which post of mine do you disagree with most

Your read on Bona. He seems like his usual self. Nothing raising any bells with me. Seems townie as the last time I played with him and his non mafia self.
If you're trying to get players reads, why not just ask for reads? What's special about these questions?

I dont like this answer. Probably because I worded the question wrong so that's my fault. I don't really care about this answer anymore anyway.

Do you think I'm wrong that Bona is playing reactionary or just that town Bona usually plays reactionary? Would scum Bona not be reactionary?

Because I want to see how players are thinking about players outside of straightforward town, null, scum reads. I dunno this is a new strategy in trying out. Like I said above this could backfire and be a bust but I'm trying here.

Bona in general is reactionary. That's his baseline status outside of mafia as well. I only have played with town Bona so I can't say if scum Bona is also reactionary. Bona is just always reactionary because he's a literal child lol.

DeathLlama8

#470 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:15 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:12 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
I don't? I've been saying it's more scummy if it's not, cause then it's sqoogs makings posts to look town in direct consequence of people wondering why he's not
sorry yeah that's what I meant
and idk even then it didn't really ping me as alignment indicative, it's not like ghug is going to scumread him based off his forgetting one detail from 2014

BesharamSabi

#471 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:16 am

Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:

ask me questions =D
I did. Who's reads so far do you disagree with the most so far? It can't be someone's read on you tho.

Bonatogether

#472 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:16 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:14 am

Bona in general is reactionary. That's his baseline status outside of mafia as well. I only have played with town Bona so I can't say if scum Bona is also reactionary. Bona is just always reactionary because he's a literal child lol.
?

worcej

#473 Post by worcej » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:16 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Worcej:

If you could save anyone from night kill right now who would it be and why? Pretend there's a PR that let's you in this game.

Who on the player list would you think would be an ideal scum teammates with you and why? Who would be the worst scum teammates with you and why?
Ooo - this is a good question and kinda relevant because I was the doctor recently enough and did pull off an impressive save.

I would hip-fire saves in the group of Food, Death, or Damo at this point. Why? They're not high-profile targets and would possible end up getting the first shot N1 because their flip wouldn't create many connections at this point.

Ideal scum teammates with me is a little tricky. In my own assessment, I generally think I've gotten better about blending my scum and town game together (It used to be 'if worcej is nice, he's scum'), so it honestly wouldn't matter. I'll stick with the veteran defaults of ghug, damo, and Jamie primarily because I believe they can be scum independently from me and I wouldn't need to worry about them making a stupid move and sinking the team.

Worst scum teammates would be people I have low experience with, such as yourself (Sabi) and Death - I would struggle to try to make fake cases/reasonings to town you. Two veterans I'd dislike to be scum with are Squigs and Bo, primarily because I think their scum game becomes obvious as the game goes along past D2 and it requires me to employ bussing-like tactics with them when I wouldn't want to be forced into it.

worcej

#474 Post by worcej » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:18 am

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:02 am
worcej wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

I only really watch football
I hope Pete Carroll gets fired...
Not that football
Unpopular opinion: Soccer is fucking boring.

BesharamSabi

#475 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:18 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:16 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:14 am

?
Bona you are very reactionary outside of mafia but all teens are because that's how yalls personality and thought process is. Just a normal teen thing to be. Don't worry.

BesharamSabi

#476 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:19 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:16 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Worcej:

If you could save anyone from night kill right now who would it be and why? Pretend there's a PR that let's you in this game.

Who on the player list would you think would be an ideal scum teammates with you and why? Who would be the worst scum teammates with you and why?
Ooo - this is a good question and kinda relevant because I was the doctor recently enough and did pull off an impressive save.

I would hip-fire saves in the group of Food, Death, or Damo at this point. Why? They're not high-profile targets and would possible end up getting the first shot N1 because their flip wouldn't create many connections at this point.

Ideal scum teammates with me is a little tricky. In my own assessment, I generally think I've gotten better about blending my scum and town game together (It used to be 'if worcej is nice, he's scum'), so it honestly wouldn't matter. I'll stick with the veteran defaults of ghug, damo, and Jamie primarily because I believe they can be scum independently from me and I wouldn't need to worry about them making a stupid move and sinking the team.

Worst scum teammates would be people I have low experience with, such as yourself (Sabi) and Death - I would struggle to try to make fake cases/reasonings to town you. Two veterans I'd dislike to be scum with are Squigs and Bo, primarily because I think their scum game becomes obvious as the game goes along past D2 and it requires me to employ bussing-like tactics with them when I wouldn't want to be forced into it.
Interesting answers. Thank you for your input. I will circle back to these later. : )

worcej

#478 Post by worcej » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:21 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:07 am
worcej wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

I only really watch football
I hope Pete Carroll gets fired...
Nah

Jerry Dipoto, though...
IDK man, Mariners have honestly been better under him than Zduriencik and Bavasi...

Honestly, the issue with the Mariners lately is the always lose too many dumb games and finish just barely out of the playoff race.

BesharamSabi

#479 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:22 am

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:20 am
##vote bona
Is there any particular reason why or is this a joke vote?

Bonatogether

#480 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:22 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:15 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:12 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:

sorry yeah that's what I meant
and idk even then it didn't really ping me as alignment indicative, it's not like ghug is going to scumread him based off his forgetting one detail from 2014
if it's not a crosspost, then town!sqoog makes the post he did in explicit reference to ghug's post unless he's just thinking weirdly, but, imo, scum!sqoog has an 'oh shit' moment when he sees ghug's post because the logical association (ghug = good hunter) doesn't make sense given their common experience (ghug = tunneller), but for whatever reason, he wants ghug to stay alive (which we can presume in this case, since he singled out ghug as a good scumhunter), so he needs to keep those two in alignment

this might be incomprehensible