Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#4141 Post by Nephthys » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:21 am

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:17 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:04 am
teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:42 am
@Neph - why did you pick to judge between espresso and et?
I wanted to force people to think about those the hadn't and I personally was suspect of both.

Other fun people I considered were rdr and Balki. Just shows how bad my early game was.
Okay but et and espresso were... not heavy posters. It's essentially forcing us to policy lynch.
Even after we reread them, what were we supposed to gain from this?
Did you gain anything from the voting patterns here?
Yes. it was interesting to force the scum to play my game for a change.

I think it interesting that my first scumteam read 5 were voting espresso.

teacon7

#4142 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:25 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:20 am
teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 pm
Hot take - Balki and xorxes are town since scum likely shot someone was strongly acting as VT rather than PR and those two would definitely be shooting for PR N1.
Boom. In tinfoil land, Tom is the Reporter and crumbed in this post.

I still don't believe rdriv do this - a) why would scum sacrifice a widely townread player for the sake of a fake claim? b) scum is close to winning anyway, why bother fake claiming here?
What the heck are you talking about.
it's a tinfoil land discussion.
IF tom was reporter
and
IF scum saw the Tom crumb post above
and
IF
they killed + cleaned him
THEN
then rdriv miiiiiight be faking a reporter claim, in order to draw out the remaining PR + BA.

I don't believe this to be the case. I'm running down basically the only scenario in which I could see rdriv faking a claim like this. I was re-reading tom to see why he might have been a target. It's a pretty unlikely scenario.

ND

#4143 Post by ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 am

Hmm well, I've done my best I don't believe Et is town. I stand by what I wrote. Off to bed now. I'll try to be around for eod to push et more.

Durga

#4144 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 am

Tom was a target because he was very heavily town read.

teacon7

#4145 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:28 am

et wrote:
Thanks you very detailed list.
And ok about my language.
I may not understand semantic baggage.
That's true.
To be fair, there is a lot of semantic baggage that can cause confusion in even fluent speakers.

Please let me (us?) know if anything said needs clarification.

@et -
how would you respond to ND's case/post against you?

et

#4146 Post by et » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:28 am

I am reading P.201.
I am surprised many player read ND as town.
I feel he say other person scum without reading post well.
In my thought, he have mislynch conclusion firstly, and make reasons afterward.
But I will reread him.

And about xorxes, most of scumreading reasons are meta(comparing with past game).
So I can't say anything about that.
I think, his post is enough scummy.
But I think he is not most scummy one.

When I catch up thread, I may post.

et

#4147 Post by et » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:30 am

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:28 am
et wrote:
Thanks you very detailed list.
And ok about my language.
I may not understand semantic baggage.
That's true.
To be fair, there is a lot of semantic baggage that can cause confusion in even fluent speakers.

Please let me (us?) know if anything said needs clarification.

@et -
how would you respond to ND's case/post against you?
Please wait I don't catch up now.
But I am going to read that first.

Durga

#4148 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:31 am

Xorxes is scum reading et? It's a little sus that these EP voters now think et must have been scum :?

Durga

#4149 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:33 am

I feel pretty good about et as town for now. He's been really genuine with his reads - if y'all are gonna vote someone sus that isn't xorxes, I recommend teacon or Fox (I know I was initially against Fox but Damn he's actually scummy)

teacon7

#4150 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:34 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 am
I mean, sure. scum do kill for those reasons.

Except... really? Weren't people saying things like "tom is acting weird" and "this isn't like tom" and "we need to reread tom" ? Did he suddenly get townread while I was in california?

Every scumteam I've ever been a part of has always prioritized PR hunting. I can't say whether that's good play or not, but especially with a 3rd party (who is likely hunting scum) it seems like it makes sense for them to hunt for PR.

I'm not, by saying things like this, trying to push rdriv or anything. having traced the lines of what might or might not have happened, it seems really really unlikely that rdriv would fake claim. He's smart enough to pull it off, but also smart enough to know it's a bad plan. scum plans never go off as well as the tinfoil required to make this kind of silly plan work. so... unless you have thoughts on this, I'm prepared to leave it.

teacon7

#4151 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:33 am
I feel pretty good about et as town for now. He's been really genuine with his reads - if y'all are gonna vote someone sus that isn't xorxes, I recommend teacon or Fox (I know I was initially against Fox but Damn he's actually scummy)
Could you please elaborate on why you think fox is actually scummy? why were you against it and why are you now for him as an option?

ChippeRock

#4152 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:43 am

ND wrote:
Hmm well, I've done my best I don't believe Et is town. I stand by what I wrote. Off to bed now. I'll try to be around for eod to push et more.
What happened to the 9am to 5pm work you've been bitching about for a week now? Aren't you "sorry I have a job"? You're most likely in the Eastern Time Zone (since I remember a post of yours at 5:11pm EST stating you just finished work), so how are you able to be online at 3pm EST?

Come to think about it, I remember you online on EoD2 but not EoD1. What's up with that?

et

#4153 Post by et » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:45 am

To ND1
Page 175: ET begins the day by voting for Balki and telling Rdr great job. He doesn’t think Rdr’s claim is fake. Says, if “Balki is town” we will wee that D3 and that rdr will be killed by BA?
What's wrong? If Rdr were scum and Balki were town, We will see massage 'Balki is town' . SK will see too. And SK will kill Rdr.

Page 176: Reiterates his vote and says that TrPrado’s scan may be a hint. I agree here, but unfortunately this has been very interpretative and hard to nail down. He says, on Page 176, “I can read Tom and Durga must be town from that.” In reference to a query about the Judge. So, if I am understanding this right. He is reading Tom who was just night killed. What else could Tom be? WTF?
I read Tom as town strongly from EOD2. I don't remember I had posted it before Tom died. If I had posted, I will quote that.

et

#4154 Post by et » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 am

et wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:39 am
I brushed up my reading, mainly thanks to Day2 moving.

Reading list

Most towny
Tom
In my thought, Tom tried to decieve scums by post and vote Day2. His behavior is very profitable for town.

Durga
Durga thought about EP and me very seriously to last of Eod2. And after she read EP with confidence, she defend EP desperately.

TrPrado
His thought of claime role was original one. And he thought EP as scum before Judge use role power.

Squigs
His questions for me and EP was detailed and intrinsically.

Towny
Chippe
I think scum can't do such a thing as.

Rdr
Reason of Rdr reading me as scum is understandable.

Flav
Flav was just 1 person followed Tom's swinging vote.

Middle
Balki
His post at Day1 was very towny.
He voted EP Day2 because of Durga's request role claiming.
But today, he voted TrPrad, who tried to prevent role claiming most strongly.

Fox
Fox hoped tie at Day2. Fox didn't talked about detailed reason voting EP.
ip want to know how Fox feel about near by Eod2.

Percy
I thought Percy very towny at Day1.
But Percy lurked Day2.

Xorxes
Xorxes followed Tom's (in my thought, fake)reason of voting EP.

Scummy
ND
ND's top scumread was Chippe at start of Day2.
ND voted me without rereading post of EP.
And today, ND voted me, not Chippe.

damo
damo voted me at first Day2.
And damo changed vote and followed TrPrad.

Nephthys
Nephthys obviously caught up thread and was't active Day1.
Nephthys said me sus at Night1 without reason and don't talked about Espresso.
But Nephthys voted Espresso Day2. Firstly no reason and nextry followed TrPrad's reason.
I think Nephthys don't reading other players.

Null
Teacon
I read Teacon in Day1.
But almost all Day2, Teacon absent.

con
Peter
I had read Tom as Town at Night2. Before Tom died.

et

#4155 Post by et » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:50 am

Hard to read.
Rewrite.

To ND1
Page 175: ET begins the day by voting for Balki and telling Rdr great job. He doesn’t think Rdr’s claim is fake. Says, if “Balki is town” we will wee that D3 and that rdr will be killed by BA?
What's wrong? If Rdr were scum and Balki were town, We will see massage 'Balki is town' . SK will see too. And SK will kill Rdr.

Page 176: Reiterates his vote and says that TrPrado’s scan may be a hint. I agree here, but unfortunately this has been very interpretative and hard to nail down. He says, on Page 176, “I can read Tom and Durga must be town from that.” In reference to a query about the Judge. So, if I am understanding this right. He is reading Tom who was just night killed. What else could Tom be? WTF?
I read Tom as town strongly from EOD2. I don't remember I had posted it before Tom died. If I had posted, I will quote that.→I quoted.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4156 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:51 am

@ND, I’m surprised you’re not more excited about the Xorxes wagon. You’ve read him as scum for most of the game. You’re getting what you want. Why trying to move us to a different wagon?

Durga

#4157 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 am

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:33 am
Could you please elaborate on why you think fox is actually scummy? why were you against it and why are you now for him as an option?
His disappearance and anchor post is so on point for him being scum

et

#4158 Post by et » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:01 am

To ND2
Page 177-9: Asks Balki if he is BA. says scum will rb Balki and kill rdr night 3. Thanks for telling us your plan ET. Says he doesn’t have conclusion right now but wants Balki as a safety option. Says he thinks Fox is scummiest before Rdr’s claim. That’s news to me because in his reads on Page 159 he has Fox listed in ‘the middle’ and not in the scum or town category. He also never mentions Fox scumreading Teacon in this. There is literally nothing from 159-179 to indicate that he changed his ‘mind’ on Fox as he claims. I suspect he changed his mind when Fox got some votes and he was looking for a wagon.
If Balki is BA, I think Scum will roleblock. Do you have any other idea?
Yes, I thought lynch Balki may be safety option. But now I don't think so. At least we need to head lynch other. Because, we can get more information by that. And If Balki is Scum, Balki will killed by BA.
I might not posted how I thought Fox as Scum then. If I didn't post, I will post.

Durga

#4159 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:01 am

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:34 am
Durga wrote:
I mean, sure. scum do kill for those reasons.

Except... really? Weren't people saying things like "tom is acting weird" and "this isn't like tom" and "we need to reread tom" ? Did he suddenly get townread while I was in california?

Every scumteam I've ever been a part of has always prioritized PR hunting. I can't say whether that's good play or not, but especially with a 3rd party (who is likely hunting scum) it seems like it makes sense for them to hunt for PR.

I'm not, by saying things like this, trying to push rdriv or anything. having traced the lines of what might or might not have happened, it seems really really unlikely that rdriv would fake claim. He's smart enough to pull it off, but also smart enough to know it's a bad plan. scum plans never go off as well as the tinfoil required to make this kind of silly plan work. so... unless you have thoughts on this, I'm prepared to leave it.
Naw, the meta has changed. You kill off good/townie players and the whole town falls apart. No one cares about these PR's, in this game they're pretty weak anyway

Durga

#4160 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:04 am

Et is genuinely answering people's questions and his answers make sense. Just like what EP was doing when y'all lynched him (et was not doing this before but he is now so my read has changed)

Why are people so keen on lynching people who are actually trying? It's not even being defensive in a slimy way. I feel like we're in some weird alternative universe and I just don't understand it anymore