MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TheMadMonarch

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#3981 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:39 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:46 pm
I'm glad I checked in... sort of.
I told myself if my wagon picks up, I'd claim at noon. This is a close as i can be on at noon. I WILL try to be on a while before EoD... but at least at EoD.

Kgray, your reason for voting me is silly. That's the technical term. Your view of reality is correct. I DID, when wanting to move from brain, whom i was no longer scumreading, look for someone else to vote. And yes i DID see the conversation and say, 'wow that makes sense.' And voted. When I had a chance to rethink (after pushing by some of you) I changed my vote.

What exactly is scummy about that?

Do you only ever vote the things that you think of yourself? Do you never follow the conversations of others?

I "blame" kak and you for this. You started a momentum that others have (and likely will, you are very followable) followed.

I tried to put JUST enough scummy in (read the godthread later) so that I woudn't get NKed (if damo is scum.)

You two acted like this is D5 instead of D1. Some tiny thing that you convinced yourselves is big. I even reasoned pretty well with you, kgray. You didn't bother thinking through.

I am the cop.

I did not crumb (and still hope no one else does... I didn't like rdrivera's reaction to my suggestion to everyone to NOT crumb. Why would ww say that? think rdr!)

I haven't had a chance to investigate anyone, so I can't report that.

Seriously, for next game... remember your inner thoughts kgray and kak. There are plenty of scummier acting folk and things going on. This feels either lazy (which I know you are not) or scummy, since you know I am towny... who did some scummish things and you could sort of justify a vote.
(responding generally to the whole claim fiasco)

I don't believe it. Even before you survived what is now 2 nights being an eager mafia target, and an obvious werewolf choice.

But you all may say, "but the watcher!" Screw the watcher!
Werewolf gets a kill, and even if their spotted, the watcher can't just claim and take them out, they have DK immunity! Doing so would result in the watcher just being WW'd that night, causing another day of WW immunity. There's likely some other targets at this point (Maniac, perhaps), and the werewolf is now much deeper in the game with a lot less players left, plenty of opportunity left.

I believe the werewolf tried to eat darg, but it failed due to a mis-role. While he may have been Doc saved n1, he could then not have been n2.

Now, beyond this. I have a record of having a very strong scumread on a powerful town PR claimnt who was telling the truth and is on the council (sorry jamie). Given this, take my argument with a grain of salt, I have been wrong before.

If y'all really trust him, I won't continue down this line. But please keep the idea open.

TheMadMonarch

#3982 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:39 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:36 am
Macca573 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:33 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:18 am

You're establishing a meta that benefits you if you're scum and doesn't benefit us if you're town. The next time you take this long to catch up and "save" all your posts until you've read everything, I'm going to vote for you.
Well then, I guess I will be voted for every day.
Or you could post as you catch up like a normal person and give us access to your unedited thoughts.
No. My thoughts are always edited.

I also find it annoying the way y'all do that, where you'll ask a question that's already been answered, or something dumb like that that just wastes space and make it look like you're participating more than you are. I may not participate much, but every post I make means something, even if that thing is humor.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3983 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 am

Macca573 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:39 am
ghug wrote:
Macca573 wrote:

Or you could post as you catch up like a normal person and give us access to your unedited thoughts.

I also find it annoying the way y'all do that, where you'll ask a question that's already been answered, or something dumb like that that just wastes space and make it look like you're participating more than you are. I may not participate much, but every post I make means something, even if that thing is humor.
This is a hypocritical post.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3984 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 am

This is like Flavius style but worse. Ugh

TheMadMonarch

#3985 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:42 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 am
Macca573 wrote:
ghug wrote:

Why?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3986 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:42 am

Macca573 wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
I told myself if my wagon picks up, I'd claim at noon. This is a close as i can be on at noon. I WILL try to be on a while before EoD... but at least at EoD.

Kgray, your reason for voting me is silly. That's the technical term. Your view of reality is correct. I DID, when wanting to move from brain, whom i was no longer scumreading, look for someone else to vote. And yes i DID see the conversation and say, 'wow that makes sense.' And voted. When I had a chance to rethink (after pushing by some of you) I changed my vote.

Do you only ever vote the things that you think of yourself? Do you never follow the conversations of others?

I "blame" kak and you for this. You started a momentum that others have (and likely will, you are very followable) followed.

I tried to put JUST enough scummy in (read the godthread later) so that I woudn't get NKed (if damo is scum.)

You two acted like this is D5 instead of D1. Some tiny thing that you convinced yourselves is big. I even reasoned pretty well with you, kgray. You didn't bother thinking through.

I am the cop.

I did not crumb (and still hope no one else does... I didn't like rdrivera's reaction to my suggestion to everyone to NOT crumb. Why would ww say that? think rdr!)

Seriously, for next game... remember your inner thoughts kgray and kak. There are plenty of scummier acting folk and things going on. This feels either lazy (which I know you are not) or scummy, since you know I am towny... who did some scummish things and you could sort of justify a vote.

I don't believe it. Even before you survived what is now 2 nights being an eager mafia target, and an obvious werewolf choice.

Werewolf gets a kill, and even if their spotted, the watcher can't just claim and take them out, they have DK immunity! Doing so would result in the watcher just being WW'd that night, causing another day of WW immunity. There's likely some other targets at this point (Maniac, perhaps), and the werewolf is now much deeper in the game with a lot less players left, plenty of opportunity left.

I believe the werewolf tried to eat darg, but it failed due to a mis-role. While he may have been Doc saved n1, he could then not have been n2.

Now, beyond this. I have a record of having a very strong scumread on a powerful town PR claimnt who was telling the truth and is on the council (sorry jamie). Given this, take my argument with a grain of salt, I have been wrong before.

If y'all really trust him, I won't continue down this line. But please keep the idea open.
I'm actually a fan of this post, which makes the other posts all the worse for you.

Kakarroto

#3987 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:43 am

Macca573 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Macca573 wrote:

Macca573 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:34 am
belCavendishNY wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:03 am
hi all, i'm so sorry i missed the beginning of this :( i'll be reading through backlog but what did i miss?
Being removed.
that's not humour, that's just mean

Kakarroto

#3988 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:42 am
Macca573 wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

I am the cop.

I'm actually a fan of this post, which makes the other posts all the worse for you.
there is some thought behind it but watcher could've just watched, not say anything until the last seconds of EoN2 and include it in the reads and voila, dead werewolf.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3989 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:45 am

Macca573 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Macca573 wrote:

Why?
See the several posts I just called out is bad. You're still doing the outdated inline responding (much more egregiously, because you're so far behind, so we still get all the negatives, but you're not responding organically, so it's all just dead space.

Kakarroto

#3990 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:46 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:45 am
Macca573 wrote:
ghug wrote:

Why?
See the several posts I just called out is bad. You're still doing the outdated inline responding (much more egregiously, because you're so far behind, so we still get all the negatives, but you're not responding organically, so it's all just dead space.
yeah, it just feels like useless filler. At least brains story was original

TheMadMonarch

#3991 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 am

ghug wrote:
Macca573 wrote:
ghug wrote:

Why?
Eh, I get the first bit. I disagree a little, but understand.

Organically, however. Nothing I do is ever fully organic, in any aspect of my life. Why would that change for a little web game?

Kakarroto

#3992 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:53 am

Macca573 wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

I am the cop.

also, come to think about it, why exactly does the werewolf want to eat the cop first? the cop actually helps the werewolf getting reads for his meals.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3993 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:57 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 am
ghug wrote:
Macca573 wrote:

there is some thought behind it but watcher could've just watched, not say anything until the last seconds of EoN2 and include it in the reads and voila, dead werewolf.
I just like it because I don't think they're as likely to stake out this position if they're scum. It's still a bad post in terms of substance.

Kakarroto

#3994 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:59 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:57 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 am
ghug wrote:

I just like it because I don't think they're as likely to stake out this position if they're scum. It's still a bad post in terms of substance.
hrrmm hmm ... I guess ... why do I just want to scream at the wall right now though

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3995 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:59 am

Macca573 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 am
ghug wrote:
Macca573 wrote:

Why?
Eh, I get the first bit. I disagree a little, but understand.

Organically, however. Nothing I do is ever fully organic, in any aspect of my life. Why would that change for a little web game?
I mean sure, nobody's ever fully organic, but baking things that make it easier to hide when you're scum into your meta is anti-town, so either you need to stop doing that, or the rest of us need to adjust and start voting you by default when you aren't giving us what we need to read you.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3996 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:02 am

So that’s all this mighty 170 reread produced?

Kakarroto

#3997 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:03 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:02 am
So that’s all this mighty 170 reread produced?
either that or Macca was scared with ghugs and my postings and is remaking the remaining quotes

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3998 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:21 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:47 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:38 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Either do it or don't, no wishy washy "oh I might call you on this"
Alright, enough Canadian politeness. You saying you don't remember is BS. I think it's equivocating. I think you play better than that so I'm going to file you in scum realm. That's a couple of things now that you've not copped to; the original being kgray's question.
kgray acknowledged that I answered her question.
Allow me the luxury of research, then, because I didn't see that.

Bonatogether

#3999 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:25 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:21 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:47 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Alright, enough Canadian politeness. You saying you don't remember is BS. I think it's equivocating. I think you play better than that so I'm going to file you in scum realm. That's a couple of things now that you've not copped to; the original being kgray's question.
kgray acknowledged that I answered her question.
Allow me the luxury of research, then, because I didn't see that.
Were you reading the thread?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4000 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:27 pm

what is this question for the question, is that a direct question back?
As I am catching up, I think to myself, "They're asking a question; questions are asked with some assumption behind them." I wanted food to put their thoughts out there.