MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

#3821 Post by Vecna » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:34 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:23 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:11 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Where did I say any such thing? I don't remember "claiming" that at all. Also the idea that I have been "focussing pretty much only" on your fake roleblock claim is utter horse manure. It's only your inflated ego making you think that. I mentioned it, sure, but I spent a lot more of D2 successfully leading town to victory against the despicable Ghug.
People should search your iso for all your posts trying to draw attention towards it.

Especially those around EoD when 2 scum were up for chops and where you were trying to draw attention towards me.
People should see that I challenged you to show where I claimed I could only see your RB claim as "town actually being RB'd, or scum" as you have alleged, and that you are unable to do so.
Lets make you eat those words
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:12 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:06 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Do you mean you think Scum actually roleblocked and killed DemonRHK so that one of their members could then claim "I was roleblocked" knowing that nobody could disprove this since the person actually roleblocked is dead?

Is that what you're suggesting?

What's for tea?
Why are you putting the logical deduction in his head? Why not let him formulate his own thoughts?

This smells like coaching because you know he's walking into a trap
Quite the opposite. He had already posted his theory. I was reading it back to try to ensure I had understood it. In fact, I had not entirely understood it since, as he went on to explain to you, he was assuming the roleblock had been withheld rather than DemonRHK being the target of it.

Of course, in a game with no Tracker or Watcher, it would always be better to roleblock the kill target if setting up a fake RB claim for towncred rather than leave the roleblock unused.

For the record, I have no opinion on whether or not Vecna might be fake-claiming the roleblock. It is something he would do as scum, as he admits himself. But I can see a scum team taking Vecna's limited D1 participation as some kind of clue that he needed to be targeted. Yet, in that case, why not kill him? I am rambling. I'll go and boil the kettle.

worcej

#3822 Post by worcej » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:48 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:42 pm
I’m much busier today then yesterday but I wanted to pop in and say that making a list of who people would cop scan seems like a bad idea. And I’m a bit disappointed by the people who have contributed to it.
It's pretty much just getting consensus out there from more people. The cop is effectively outed due to brainbomb's shenanigans anyway. We got lucky that ghuggles was the Roleblocker. As long as the Doctor stays hidden, the Cop is essentially free to run amok.
Yeah, my immediate reaction was that brain wouldn't scan me, so it was a false claim made to lure out the cop as a last hurrah.
BB also makes fake claims a lot, which is always incredibly anti-town.

In this games case, it definitely knocks him into a ‘willing to shoot’ list for me.

Jamiet99uk

#3823 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:37 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:34 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Vecna wrote:

People should search your iso for all your posts trying to draw attention towards it.

Especially those around EoD when 2 scum were up for chops and where you were trying to draw attention towards me.
People should see that I challenged you to show where I claimed I could only see your RB claim as "town actually being RB'd, or scum" as you have alleged, and that you are unable to do so.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:06 pm

Why are you putting the logical deduction in his head? Why not let him formulate his own thoughts?

This smells like coaching because you know he's walking into a trap
Quite the opposite. He had already posted his theory. I was reading it back to try to ensure I had understood it. In fact, I had not entirely understood it since, as he went on to explain to you, he was assuming the roleblock had been withheld rather than DemonRHK being the target of it.

Of course, in a game with no Tracker or Watcher, it would always be better to roleblock the kill target if setting up a fake RB claim for towncred rather than leave the roleblock unused.

For the record, I have no opinion on whether or not Vecna might be fake-claiming the roleblock. It is something he would do as scum, as he admits himself. But I can see a scum team taking Vecna's limited D1 participation as some kind of clue that he needed to be targeted. Yet, in that case, why not kill him? I am rambling. I'll go and boil the kettle.
What?

The thing you've quoted doesn't prove your original claim about me at all.

I said "I have no opinion on whether or not Vecna might be fake-claiming the roleblock".

That's not the same thing that you accused me of saying at all.

celaph

#3824 Post by celaph » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:37 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 am

In this games case, it definitely knocks him into a ‘willing to shoot’ list for me.
I can't speak for BB's usual fake claims, but I don't think fake claims from town are "always incredibly anti-town". I think the double fake priest claim last game shows that pretty well.

Jamiet99uk

#3825 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:40 am

I can't stay on for EoN tonight.

For the record, I scumread Brainbomb, BunnyGo and EMC, and I have suspicions about Damo and Bozo too.

I townread President Eden, Hamilton Riot, and Hellenic Brian.

I'm not sure about Worcej but if I'm right that Bozo is scum then Worcej is probably town.

I don't know what the fuck Vecna's problem is.

worcej

#3826 Post by worcej » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:40 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:30 pm
CALLED SHOT: ghug, brainbomb, Fluminator, rdrivera2005, e.m.c^42
Agree with EMC currently, leaning towards BB.

Unsure on fluminator and rdr. Flurga could’ve in theater-mode when she used the ‘gendered word that cannot be said’ in describing him...

worcej

#3827 Post by worcej » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:41 am

celaph wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:37 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 am

I can't speak for BB's usual fake claims, but I don't think fake claims from town are "always incredibly anti-town". I think the double fake priest claim last game shows that pretty well.
It’s anti-town because you’re running the risk of a CC when in the hands of an inexperienced player.

Vecna

#3828 Post by Vecna » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:41 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:24 am
Vecna wrote:

This in particular is absolute fucking nonsense.

I only mentioned it all, anywhere near EoD, because BunnyGo was specifically asking about it.

Why are you suddenly lying about me Vecna?
I remembered how it actually happened differently, but I was wrong upon checking it. You confirmed it one over after 3 or so people had already done so, but the way u did that actually had nothing off about it.

Aaro/Ghug were the others harping on about it.

Vecna

#3829 Post by Vecna » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:42 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:37 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:34 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Jamiet99uk wrote:

What?

The thing you've quoted doesn't prove your original claim about me at all.

I said "I have no opinion on whether or not Vecna might be fake-claiming the roleblock".

That's not the same thing that you accused me of saying at all.
It goes back to the original discussion I had with HR how noone stated it could be a town fakeclame untill he stated as much.

damo666

#3830 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:49 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:40 am
I can't stay on for EoN tonight.

For the record, I scumread Brainbomb, BunnyGo and EMC, and I have suspicions about Damo and Bozo too.

I townread President Eden, Hamilton Riot, and Hellenic Brian.

I'm not sure about Worcej but if I'm right that Bozo is scum then Worcej is probably town.

I don't know what the fuck Vecna's problem is.
How can you have suspicions about me? Bizarre.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3831 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:59 am

EoN2 Reads List:

aarodactyl - Looks pretty good from his d2 ghug vote timing, though it's possible he saw the writing on the wall and thought ghug would die regardless. Leaning town overall.

Bonatogether - Certain at least one of Brain & Bona is scum. The idea of them both being scum and therefore us having three competing scum wagons feels super unlikely, but Bona does still feel very different to his last game. Has been aggressively going after brain tonight too. Slight scum

Bozotheclown - Feeling like a total non-entity... His continued push on worcej was pretty crap and he seemed to resist having any reads whatsoever aside from that until very late in the day, and then voted Bona. Leaning scum.

brainbomb - Claim was crap, the fact he was such a huge pusher of ghug but backed off the second ghug took the lead was abysmal, and their interactions look massively like S/S. Very scum.

BunnyGo - Hated his reasoning "sheeping the inno" for voting ghug, but can't complain about the result, and I struggle to believe that he'd decide to bus ghug but not come up with a better justification for a vote like that. Unless Bona is the godfather then I strongly townread Bunny as a result.

celaph - Joined the emc wagon to make it the main competitor to ghug at the time, didn't change votes. Feels townie overall though, and I don't really see him changing from ND to Maniac as scum D1 so I'm leaning town regardless.

Chaqa - Still strongly townread him. Can imagine him aggressively bussing ghug but I struggle to imagine him being as aggressive toward everyone else as he has been. Horrible logic about clearing the ghug-wagon tonight though. Town.

damo666 - Meh. He exists. Good timing on the ghug vote but had voted both Bona and brain beforehand, so not sure how much credit he should really be given here. Null.

Donny Dude - I really don't see a world in which scum!ghug goes out of his way to claim Donny is nothing like his scum meta if Donny is his teammate, and I now read that interaction strongly as ghug trying to buddy Donny, so I'm planting a very strong townread here.

Durganator - Scumread her before she left, haven't seen a reason to change. The strange way she flipped from defending ghug to going after him when he scumread her (but refused to go after me) feels a lot like she wasn't concerned about ghug getting annoyed at her but she was about me, which is why she only reacted to him. Flum himself has done nothing to change this scumread. Solid scum.

emc - Feels a bit different and has come under some pressure for it, but was an early and consistent ghug voter (and the emc wagon was for a while the main competitor to that), and while I can certainly believe multiple scum were up for the kill, I do struggle to believe that both top wagons would have been scum for so long prior to the EoD shenanigans. Slight town.

Hamilton Brian - I guess we know why he felt different to last game. Don't let him die.

Jamie - I'd love to see a world where scum Jamie decided to just dickslap teammate ghug for the entire game for shits and giggles, but this ain't it chief. Town.

Ncej - Again, the theory that him & ghug were engaged in some huge cross-tunnelling bussing is plausible whilst ND was in this role but I'm not sure I buy that it would continue after worcej took over. Though he hasn't really done anything particularly townie aside from that, and I'd like to hear his reads about more people than the cadre he focused on yesterday. Null

President Eden - Went from ghug's most ardent pursuer to ghug's most ardent defender, which is a trainwreck of a strategy if he's actually scum. Leaning town as a result, despite his horrible voting patterns.

rdrivera2005 - I eased off of him when other options became more interesting, and I'm not sure what to think now. His posts at EoD yesterday attacking people who were trying to start new wagons don't feel very scum motivated - Because he wasn't bussing ghug, so new wagons saving him would surely have been a good thing from his perspective. Sure, there's the outside possibility he was instead bussing Bona, but I'm not sure even then that he'd try and shut down a late flashwagon on town when 2-3 scum were locked in as the only wagons. Slight town as a result, though I'm not happy about it.

Vecna - Solid town. He doesn't cast the deciding vote to kill ghug and make himself such blatant town in any circumstance whatsoever there unless Bona is the godfather. He has no excuse for surviving to the lategame in this setup and therefore such a critical bus vote would not be a worthwhile pay-off. In the outside scenario where Bona is the godfather, I still don't really see Vecna being scum either - I feel like he'd have either actively bussed ghug much earlier, or he'd have been on the brain wagon. He did neither. Very town.

Vecna

#3832 Post by Vecna » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:59 am

so long suckas

celaph

#3833 Post by celaph » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:00 am

HB — Cop. Otherwise I feel that HB has been rather forgettable this game which may have been an intentional decision to hide well.

Obv-town:
Vecna
aaro

Likely town:
PE
Jamie
HR
bozo

Townlean:
bona
Donny
worcej

Null:
emc
Chaqa
damo
Bunny
worcej

Scumlean:
Flum
bb

Explanation:
I think both Vecna and aaro look incredibly good in light of ghug’s flip for VCA reasons. I also think that behavior-wise, aaro and (sober) Vecna have acted very towny.
I’ve highlighted the message that I really like from HR. I’m tempted to believe that PE and Jamie are both town both from their earlier argument and because their voting patterns are weird if they’re both scum. Bozo is the one I put the highest uncertainty on of the likely town people. I think his posting style matches reasonably well with post D4 last game when he was town. Perhaps he’s just trying to emulate it, but I want him here for now.
If Bona is scum I think he’s likely godfather because I think goon Bona dies D2. There are a few posts that give me pause, but otherwise aligns with Bona from last game (minus the tunnel on me). Worcej is here because I feel that worcej genuinely wanted ghug dead. I’m going to leave open the possibility of a bus, but I don’t think that’s worth considering atm.
I think Donny had some well-made and insightful posts even if he’s not always right on the mark. Null to town lean.

Flum and bb for their interactions with ghug D2, though I prefer the BB kill today.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3834 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:00 am

NIGHT HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3835 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:06 am

CHAPTER 5:

Captain Amanda Bates sighed looking at the report in front of her. Across the table sat both Captain Wills, Head of Engineering and Hillary Ross, Head of Agriculture. They were the three most powerful people in the settlement, and all decisions were made collectively amongst them. They met regularly, but this meeting was unscheduled. Captain Wills had called this meeting just twenty minutes ago, and now Amanda knew why.

She re-read the report in front of her. A member of the 7th Regiment had been killed on South Gate guard duty. They had pictures, but Amanda did not need to look at them. The wound had been blunt force and there was only one obvious culprit.

“They’ve never attacked this close to the settlement before,” said Hillary. “Are we sure this is Scourge?”

“Yes,” replied Amanda. Nothing else could have generated this force.

“Something is happening” said Captain Wills. “First, they change battle strategy, no longer charging and instead deploying more guerilla tactics. Now they attack here and not on the geyser field?”

“We need to analyze their behavior patterns – see what could have caused this” replied Hillary.

“No,” said Amanda, her fingers forming a fist. “We have never understood their behavior to begin with. We have nothing to base any patterns upon. We know nothing about these creatures. We don’t even know where they come from.”

“You are right” said Captain Wills, “But what is the alternative? Extra guards?”

“For now, yes.” replied Amanda. “But if they are changing strategy we need to as well.”

“What do you mean?”

“I think its time we decided to take the offensive. We’ve always been content to fight the Scourge at the geysers because it was predictable. Manageable. That’s not the case if they start attacking us at our home in the middle of the night. We need to find where they live and take the fight there.”

“How do you plan to manage that?” said Captain Wills.

“I’ve got a plan. It’s risky, but I think it might just work…”

With that Amanda Bates laid out her thoughts to the other leaders in the room. It was a good plan, one that needed a strong leader. She hoped that her daughter was up to the challenge. If Jess succeeded, they could solve the Scourge problem for good. She did not allow herself to imagine what would happen if Jess failed….

VECNA has DIED. They were Private Madison Calin, a VANILLA TOWNIE

DAY 3 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST

brainbomb

#3836 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:06 am

##Vote Aaro
##End

Donny Dude

#3837 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:07 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:06 am
##Vote Aaro
##End
Explain.

Donny Dude

#3838 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 am

rip vecna.

damo666

#3839 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:09 am

##vote brainbomb

We cannot afford to not kill him.

aarodactyl

#3840 Post by aarodactyl » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:09 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:06 am
##Vote Aaro
##End
You can't do this right at the start of the phase. You need to wait until a couple of minutes to give the illusion that you read Tom's flavor post.