MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3321 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:03 pm
##GM NOTE
BRAINBOMB HAS REPLACED PERCY WILLIAMS
Welcome Brain.

brainbomb

#3322 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:57 am
Quick summary:

Chaqa COP
e.m.c SURVIVOR
Nephthys SCUM
Percy RB
worcej REWARDS
yuuki DYING AG

That leaves 3 scum in the following pool:
Carambola
Damo
RagingIke
rdrivera
Temasek
Floodgates
xorxes

Ike is almost 100% town given his role in getting Hosuke lynched over Jamie. This means we have about a 50% chance of catching scum in theat pool. Please, everyone ##CHALLENGE someone in that pool (excluding Ike as I will not challenge him). I will challenge in the second half of the day the winner of the ##CHALLENGE vote barring Neph being the DG and having to challenge him again today.

All town roles are out now except BG (who needs to stay hidden barring winning the challenge vote) meaning deathproof gladiator can't counterclaim any role to try to pass off his challenge as town. This means they have lost their challenge, albeit they can still give it to emc to use at his discretion. With so many PRs out in the open emc can definitely screw town if he so desires. He seems honest in his intent to play survivor as town-aligned but we need to be careful about potential kingmaker scenarios. Scum won't be able to thumbs down anyone today because there will be two challenges. That means town has three lynches to catch emperor.

If neph is DG he will be challenged again in second part of the day and scum won't be able to force NKs meaning BG can protect Chaqa and we can get more copscans. If he is emperor we also have a solid chance to win as town. If he is jailor the dynamics of NKs change so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. If he is plain scum, we are still in a pretty bad place.
This was the first post I read and without knowing how the setup works or what nuances are in this that scum can exploit, I instantly knew you were town for this level of organizing.

I went and read vecna, and rivera first.

most of early game was worcej and ike filling space with beautiful spam
it brought a tear to my eye. Nice to see folks carrying my legacy. Jamies changing everything to Vs was funny too.

The list for me is
xorxes
temasek
carambola
damo
flood

and I found this by temasek
Temasek22
Day-2 42:44
page 63 / orig A few detailed reads...

As a new player at this site myself, I believe I can get better reads on fellow newbs rather than the other players, which is where meta comes in. I'll also make a wild guess that there is at least one mafioso in the new players. And since it's not me, ehh...

Its​Hosuke

After lurking as a townclear in the previous game I have no expectations for this guy, and even though he is more active his 18 posts of D1 have the third-lowest word count out of all the players, and even after all that his posts are mainly about the last game, trashtalking me and just casual talk. Out of these, only 2 posts were not quote commenting, 1 being his vote for yuuki which he never swapped and the other the controversial NAI post. And after his wagon took off with 9 and a half hours to go his response to nearly getting lynched was horrible enough to let those who voted for him to continue to vote for him today. However, given that he was worse last game, for now I only have him as slight scumlean

​Carambola

His posts are long, detailed, analytical and cautious. And despite seemingly being overwhelmed during D1 where he already claimed VT, he proceeds to reveal that he plans to lay low and not form quick opinions to avoid making mistakes, wanting to avoid TvT. I do not understand his reasons for voting Vapor and sticking to that, but that's for another time. As most players think his VT claim is genuine while few doubt it and think he justs wants to fly under the radar as scum. But personally, he is in the category of moderate townlean

​yuuki

Bold reads that ignore WIFOM, I can only say. Seems to be experienced in mafia and very confident of his reads although new to the site and therefore have no knowledge of the meta. Went from reading me as clueless town to obvscum so you all know how much I trust them at this point. Anyways, the other lead wagon at one point in D1 although his actions near deadline are more town-like (not voting for the other lead wagons) but calling the survivor claim a coincidence and tunneling Jamiet amongst other things just put him in slight scumlean

xXx

And now those targeted by scum, what have they done? Maybe we can analyse what they've done that got the mafia's attention

​foodcoats

Widely townread and even owning responsibility for the Prado lynch, what has he done to get lynched by the mafia? Is it just because he's obv town? He had strong scumreads on Prado, which led to the D1 lynch and yuuki, a top wagon. And used to slightly scumlean myself while probably(?) OMGUSsing Nephthys. He was also clearly against the ItsHosuke wagon, which is another reason why I don't have ItsH in strong scumlean yet. Since mafia have day chat too, his NK may have been decided at the start of day, or very late in night, we never know. Maybe scum is scared of the everyone-list-their-scumteam idea that came at night.

Vap​orwave

The jailor target (unless actual jailor target accidentally commented in thread N1 and Vapor is somehow lying about this, less than 0.01% probability) Most likely town and got jailed due to what happened last game. But if not jailed due to last game, I don't see any crumbs so idk. Interestingly enough, still scumread by Cara for some reason.

On the surface this looks like a scum readslist. For how he talks about xorxes and how he soft busses itshosuke

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3323 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:42 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 pm
##SENATE NOTE
CHALLENGE II REPORT I

NEPHTHYS (8) Chaqa, ike, emc, worcej, car, rdr, damo, yuuki
WORCEJ (3) neph, tem, xorxes

Nephthys is losing the challenge

A little less than ten hours remain in this challenge.

Not yet participating in the challenge-vote: brain, floodgates
We just need one more scum to vote Worcej and it's game over, lol.

brainbomb

#3324 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:03 pm
##GM NOTE
BRAINBOMB HAS REPLACED PERCY WILLIAMS
Welcome Brain.
https://youtu.be/0h7p6r0I0PA

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3325 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:44 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31 pm
@yuuki no point in challenge vote. Your duty will be apparent from the result of Neph"s flip.

@town somehow we gonna win this, amazing no?
I think he is asking for who he should challenge. He will die at night so last chance to challenge.
I think Temasek or Carambola are the best choices.

brainbomb

#3326 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:47 pm

the only reason I can imagine for why this happened is that with no ability to coordinate, xorxes and neph just assumed percy would barely be here at all today and they could use webdips collective idiocy to their ballsy gambitting advantage.

yuuki

#3327 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm
Yuuki learn to read.

Emperor can do any thumb outside of a challenge
Obviously you have read your role PM better than I read the instructions so kudos to you

e.m.c^42

#3328 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:44 pm
damo666 wrote:
@yuuki no point in challenge vote. Your duty will be apparent from the result of Neph"s flip.

I think he is asking for who he should challenge. He will die at night so last chance to challenge.
Although, who he challenges really depends on the outcome of Neph doesn't it - does he die? does he flip?

And when he flips, which scum to challenge/try to kill?

yuuki

#3329 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:53 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
damo666 wrote:

When I asked this xorxes hadn't yet fully revealed himself as scum. I think now there are three scenarios:

1) Neph is scum and dies. I challenge xorxes.
2) Neph is scum and doesn't die. I challenge xorxes or Neph.
3) Neph is not scum. I challenge Percy/brainbomb.

Am I missing anything?

Also, given xorxes effort to save Nephthys I'm leaning towards him being Emperor which would be huge for us as he cannot thumbs up himself on a challenge.

brainbomb

#3330 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:56 pm

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:53 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
damo666 wrote:

When I asked this xorxes hadn't yet fully revealed himself as scum. I think now there are three scenarios:

1) Neph is scum and dies. I challenge xorxes.
2) Neph is scum and doesn't die. I challenge xorxes or Neph.
3) Neph is not scum. I challenge Percy/brainbomb.

Am I missing anything?

Also, given xorxes effort to save Nephthys I'm leaning towards him being Emperor which would be huge for us as he cannot thumbs up himself on a challenge.
I dont think xorx would risk sacrificing himself as emperor. hes suiciding to give deep cover or is confident emperor is stashed well enough in unclears.

brainbomb

#3331 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:56 pm

I cant say for certain,thats just game theory on my part.

e.m.c^42

#3332 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Neph would be fighting a lot harder of he was town lol

e.m.c^42

#3333 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:04 pm
Neph would be fighting a lot harder if he was town lol

brainbomb

#3334 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:06 pm

just so im clear

Mafia (The Imperial Court) 5x:

Mafia Judge: You are Emperor Commodus, son of Marcus Aurelius, and ruler of the Roman Empire. After murdering your father, you have returned to Rome to rule the Empire. Seeking to expand your influence and to use the mob of Rome to your advantage you have once again opened the Colosseum to the games. Ultimately, you would like to disband the Senate and be the sole source of power and authority in the state. You scan as mafia to cop reports and are night kill immune. During the duration of the game you have two (1x) powers. Once per game, the Emperor may show clemency to the leading wagon. If that wagon is lynched then the player will survive via a 1x ‘Thumbs Up’ resulting in no deaths. Once per game, the Emperor may be vengeful and choose to give a ‘Thumbs Down’ to any wagon besides the leading wagon. The wagon will be lynched instead of the leading wagon. You can use either of these powers freely during a normal day phase, but they must be made before the end of the day phase. During a challenge, however, you are only able to use the ‘Thumbs Up’ and not the ‘Thumbs Down’ and cannot use this ability on yourself (if you have been challenged). Wins with the Mafia and once the Town has been eliminated
do we know when/if these have been used?

Is this lynch in any danger of being nulled by this clemency

brainbomb

#3335 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:07 pm

because if no lynches have been nulled so far, neph wont die today anyway

e.m.c^42

#3336 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:09 pm

Only the thumbs up save can be used, so if Neph is saved yuuki will just challenge him again prolly

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3337 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:09 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:07 pm
because if no lynches have been nulled so far, neph wont die today anyway
Unless Neph is the Emperor.

No thumbs have been used

e.m.c^42

#3338 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:10 pm

What would be hilarious is if Neph is actually town roleblocker, and scum save him, in which he'll be challenged again and dead lol

brainbomb

#3339 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:11 pm

If there is a possibility (no encryptor) that emperor is not xorx or neph we should be hammering asap in case the emperor isnt online and hasnt submitted a thumbs up clemency

yuuki

#3340 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:11 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:10 pm
What would be hilarious is if Neph is actually town roleblocker, and scum save him, in which he'll be challenged again and dead lol
Same outcome as if they use the thumbs up on brainbomb in second challenge, though admittedly funnier