M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3161 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:09 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm
Ok, having caught up:

Seeing the number of people who thought damo was cop with an Eden scan, I think it's likely mafia was hunting for the cop there, which de facto means Chaqa isn't. There's also the fact that claiming the most valuable PR to avoid daykill means you're more likely to be scum, and everything he did that made us want to daykill him. The nighttime reaction means nothing; any actual PR with half a brain does that, and thus so does a fake claimant. Flum's quotes have me feeling good about damo not actually being the cop, so overall not a bad position to be in.

All that said, I don't think we should kill Chaqa today. We could be wrong, he eats roleblocks while he's alive, and it'll make the day more interesting. The fact that kgray wants to do this is suspicious. I'm not that surprised by anyone else who's suggesting it. Kgray was less eager to kill Chaqa yesterday than she wanted it to seem, and the jasnah vote was weird. I also don't feel in my bones that she is town, which has been a reliable heuristic in the past (one that I haven't listened to). ##VOTE kgray
Like what is that first paragraph? You're saying nothing. And there's no way flum's damo posts are more convincing than bozo's.

There's literally nothing suspicious about me wanting to kill Chaqa (why tf am I under some different metric than everyone else anyway?) and there was nothing weird about me voting jasnah.

President Eden

#3162 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:09 pm

I'm flattered, Doom, and I can't show you that that can't have happened. :-D But it did not.

---

Something that occurred to me in the shower is that I am okay with not killing Chaqa here IF AND ONLY IF:

1. The Oracle leaves their power on damo, and
2. If the Oracle's power doesn't activate before we're down to 9 people, Chaqa has to go on 9.

Unless jasnah is the Oracle (fucking lol, but we can't be sure she's not!), we know damo isn't (as we would have gotten jasnah's role), so it's pretty likely there's an Oracle out there who can shed light on the situation eventually.

Just please promise me that if that doesn't happen before 9, Chaqa dies then. I do not want this to be a substitute for Chaqa not being voted out at all, I just find this an acceptable use of the Oracle power to clarify things before we make a move.

If we do that, I want to vote lfischl.

---

Among Us time. Check in later :)

Fluminator

#3163 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:10 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:58 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 pm

This is a particularly disingenuous argument. Even with your simplification, it's not like snowy was saying you don't care enough or you care too much about the same thing.
That's literally what he's saying. How is that disingenuous.
Well I guess I shouldn't speak for snowy, but I will anyway.

I think he's saying you didn't care about the game very much at all yesterday. Today you care a lot about proving damo wasn't the cop so that we believe chaqa is and you're clear. So it's two different things.

That's at least how I read the situation and what I thought snowy was saying.
Also yeah I do care. Problem?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3164 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:10 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:07 pm
This game is spicy.

See, aren't no flips exciting?
No, it isn't. We are just firing in the dark. I honestly won't play a game like this another time

snowy801

#3165 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:11 pm

kgray wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 pm

This is a particularly disingenuous argument. Even with your simplification, it's not like snowy was saying you don't care enough or you care too much about the same thing.

I think he's saying you didn't care about the game very much at all yesterday. Today you care a lot about proving damo wasn't the cop so that we believe chaqa is and you're clear. So it's two different things.

Uh, among other things. What I think is strange is that I voted him before he even started railing against the damo-cop theory but he seems to present my argument as Flum-scummy-for-believing-Chaqa.

But honestly I don't want to derail too deep into this issue right now

Fluminator

#3166 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:12 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm
Ok, having caught up:

Seeing the number of people who thought damo was cop with an Eden scan, I think it's likely mafia was hunting for the cop there, which de facto means Chaqa isn't. There's also the fact that claiming the most valuable PR to avoid daykill means you're more likely to be scum, and everything he did that made us want to daykill him. The nighttime reaction means nothing; any actual PR with half a brain does that, and thus so does a fake claimant. Flum's quotes have me feeling good about damo not actually being the cop, so overall not a bad position to be in.

All that said, I don't think we should kill Chaqa today. We could be wrong, he eats roleblocks while he's alive, and it'll make the day more interesting. The fact that kgray wants to do this is suspicious. I'm not that surprised by anyone else who's suggesting it. Kgray was less eager to kill Chaqa yesterday than she wanted it to seem, and the jasnah vote was weird. I also don't feel in my bones that she is town, which has been a reliable heuristic in the past (one that I haven't listened to). ##VOTE kgray
If mafia are hunting for cop with a damo kill, why does that necessarily mean Chaqa isn't cop? Unless you know he's scum?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3167 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:14 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:10 pm
kgray wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

I just mean it seems like you want us to believe Chaqa is the cop with a town scan on you more than you want to show you're town, let alone solve the game.

And honestly Flum, I would have predicted you gloating and trolling about being semi-clear rather than this more serious scramble thing you're doing now.

BunnyGo

#3168 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:15 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
This game is spicy.

No, it isn't. We are just firing in the dark. I honestly won't play a game like this another time
Seconded.

Fluminator

#3169 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:16 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:14 pm
Fluminator wrote:
kgray wrote:

I just mean it seems like you want us to believe Chaqa is the cop with a town scan on you more than you want to show you're town, let alone solve the game.

And honestly Flum, I would have predicted you gloating and trolling about being semi-clear rather than this more serious scramble thing you're doing now.
You are so disingenuous right now. I'm not even going to respond to you anymore

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3170 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:18 pm

I really hope you're scum Flum

President Eden

#3171 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Fluminator wrote:
kgray wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

Speaking as someone who's mostly stayed out of it, but literally was typing the exact phrasing snowy ended up saying, it is bizarre to me that you're so certain Chaqa is the Cop here. If he's mafia then the fakeclaim was literally free, and while he had to get somewhat lucky to guess you're a VT, it's actually fairly likely on a random guess with what we knew; depending on what he thought about the millers, there's anywhere from a 65% to 71% chance of randomly guessing you're VT. And honestly, if he misses, you might give away that you know he's wrong (and thus you're a PR), which is worth something anyway.

At least for me it's the certainty that everything is couched in and the abject refusal to entertain alternative ideas (you did not give fair credence to the damo theory for instance) that is striking.

Doom427

#3172 Post by Doom427 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:15 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
This game is spicy.

Seconded.
Wait until we find out GM is trolling us and everyone got assigned Vanilla Townie for Role.

Fluminator

#3173 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:18 pm
I know you play.
You form false narratives to make people look bad as scum. The way you frame me pulling up two quotes to disprove a theory as me frantically trying to survive.
As town you always take things as they are and don't try to rewrite history.

You've got me miskilled this way as scum twice. I'm going to do my best to not let you do it again.

Bonatogether

#3174 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:24 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:23 pm
Note: I still think Bona and Durga are more likely among that group to be scum because:

1) Whether or not damo is cop, THEY SAW THE SIGNAL and damo is dead...

2) If damo is cop, Chaqa could still just be town. He does this...Still won't let him live till kilo, but doesn't need to be first.
I didn't pick up on that it might have been a cop soft. I've never tried to do those.

BunnyGo

#3175 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:25 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Seconded.
Wait until we find out GM is trolling us and everyone got assigned Vanilla Townie for Role.
I didn't get VT...

And I guess I should lean in to being part of some performance art.

President Eden

#3176 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:26 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:25 pm
Doom427 wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Seconded.
I didn't get VT...

Nothing about your or jasnah's claim eliminates the possibility that you're both trolling in concert with DemonRHK :lol:

BunnyGo

#3177 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:28 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:26 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:25 pm
Doom427 wrote:

I didn't get VT...

Nothing about your or jasnah's claim eliminates the possibility that you're both trolling in concert with DemonRHK :lol:
Dargo would put me up to that. And I'd agree to it in a heartbeat. Jasnah might too.

Fluminator

#3178 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:28 pm

Fluminator wrote:
kgray wrote:
I know you play.
You form false narratives to make people look bad as scum. The way you frame me pulling up two quotes to disprove a theory as me frantically trying to survive.

You've got me miskilled this way as scum twice. I'm going to do my best to not let you do it again.
Sorry I'm cooking and phone posting right now.
*as town you don't try to reframe history by applying motives that aren't there. I've never seen you do that as town.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3179 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:28 pm

Fluminator wrote:
kgray wrote:
I know you play.

Join ghug then if you think I'm scum.

I'm not rewriting anything or framing you, so if you're town you can calm down and just.... be town.

Bonatogether

#3180 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:30 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:34 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:24 pm
Oh you just addressed the latter half of that, oops. Talk about Bona anyway for me, because that one I don't really see.
Previews for the ballad of Bona (world premiere on webdipmafia later tonight):

"Oooh! I'm Bona, everybody is voting me!"

"Ooooh! I'm Bona, look at me obv town and ask questions and engage and not address everyone joking voting me!"

"Ooooh" I'm Bona, everyone has stopped voting me. Time to shuffle off to school and being popular!"

"Am I safe yet?"

(voiceover: quotes and impressions may not be real. Please check with the bot for your own actual quotes. The ballad of Bona will premiere later depending on Bunny's <redacted> illness which may or may not cause him to have too little time to put it together before passing out.)
1) I knew they were joke votes and I knew they were coming.

2) Yeah, they were NAI joke votes.

3) Do you want me to drop out to play mafia?