Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#281 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:13 pm

I wouldn't shoot you. If I get the gun, I would keep it until I have a scumread.

brainbomb

#282 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Balki has essentially done nothing. After mean votes him balki has vanished.

Then rjmcf starts calling mean our town leader.

I feel like ND also fits as scum. The early false info ND was feeding rj feels underhanded. Almost advising rj to holster if he gets gunned.

I could vote rj, or balki, or mean today. ND id like a little more time

Foxcastle

#283 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Do you think Yavuz fits in that mix, Brain?

brainbomb

#284 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:20 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:18 pm
Do you think Yavuz fits in that mix, Brain?
No, yavuz seems clear town to me

But it feels like Balki is scum and being bussed by scum, hes frozen, hes been awkward, and his questions feel fake af. Hes not demanding answers to his questions at all.

##Vote Balki

yavuzovic

#285 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Is bot working well?
Looks like it lost its feature of counting.
I can't see that it counted brainbomb's last vote.

brainbomb

#286 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Rj, what does MeanLaQueefa being female have to do with their alignment?

Foxcastle

#287 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:55 pm

I don't scumread Balki or Mean. I lean town on them both.
Rj, ND, and maybe Yavuz seem scummy to me. But ND hasn't been around much since rj put a good deal more material out there. I'd like to see more.

Tom still had that weird interaction with RHK over RHK's "let's not lurk" post early on. However, Tom did give a positive review to Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, which was fantastic, and he's certainly right about Frances McDormand, so that makes him obvtown for now.

brainbomb

#288 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:57 pm

I categorically disagree.

I find the waters around Balki, ND, Mean, rjf to be the murkiest.

I cannot see the bottom

brainbomb

#289 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:58 pm

I will never lynch yavuz now. He answered to pressure in a way only town would.

brainbomb

#290 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:04 pm

I dont think RHK is scum. I townread tom and ezio also. I also townread bo, snowy, maniac, fox, thamrick, maybe Jamie, maybe rivera. Reeder, bozo, are probably town and will likely get mislynched anyway eventually.

So we will probably lose this game. Not like anyone cares anymore. These are pretty much half assed scum showcase games where nobody actually applies logic or reasoning. They just pile votes on anything like its a big sweaty man orgy

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#291 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi all,

I'm playing a bit of catch-up this morning. I apologize that I haven't been very involved over the weekend. It's generally tough for me to engage on weekends, and this one especially. I've tried to sort of peak in on the game from my phone a few times, but I haven't done a close read. I'm going to try to get up-to-date now.

brainbomb

#292 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi Balki, you appear to be scum.

This is unfortunate as I was thrilled for you to gamesolve. Unfortunately youve not lived up to the reputation I had in my mind.

Please show me where youve applied pressure and demanded answers. Show me what questions you feel youve asked to move the game forward

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#293 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:20 pm

I lean town on DemonRHK. This is mostly based on tone, so it's still fairly weak, but I'm reading a lot of sincerity in his interaction on page 4. He's not defensive. He's explaining himself. I can identify with the feelings he is articulating. He's doing stuff that I think is hard to fake by scum. And he makes clear that he's not going to lurk, which feels like genuine determination to help town and win.

thamrick

#294 Post by thamrick » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:30 pm

Is it just me or does it feel like a lot of people are playing pretty clearly anti-town?

Maniac being nothing but trolly. Has literally done nothing to contribute positively.

Reedeer has posted three times, two of which were vague and promised more info later.

SuperSteve on troll mode as well.

Bo literally posted that he was just posting to meet minimum. I get the work thing, but he signed up literally 4 hours before game start and didn't warn that he wouldn't be involved much D1.

Vashta hasn't even showed.

brainbomb

#295 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Tone reads on p. 15.

Such a rebel. Itd be great if you had some actual thoughts on motive why ppl are votong RHK if you uh, feel that way

brainbomb

#296 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:34 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:30 pm
Is it just me or does it feel like a lot of people are playing pretty clearly anti-town?

Maniac being nothing but trolly. Has literally done nothing to contribute positively.

Reedeer has posted three times, two of which were vague and promised more info later.

SuperSteve on troll mode as well.

Bo literally posted that he was just posting to meet minimum. I get the work thing, but he signed up literally 4 hours before game start and didn't warn that he wouldn't be involved much D1.

Vashta hasn't even showed.
I am glad you care. Not sure why you care about so many bad townies being bad town tho

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#297 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:05 pm
First, I want town to have guns to shoot with in the endgame, when we actually know things, instead of in the early game when we are just guessing and when the shots never shoot anyone but town.

Brainbomb, you said you wanted to shoot newbies... this is unusual for you.
All: why do you think there was no joke phase?
So, here, Darg finally answers my question about his early, throwaway, "don't give out a gun night 1" sentiment. But his answer provides no elaboration. He doesn't analyze the fact that the Gunsmith has 4 guns (that's a lot), and he sticks to the superficial "townies will know more later" thought, when there are so many more factors at play. He doesn't discuss the chances and usefulness of shooting scum early versus late. He doesn't talk about the difference between a lynch (influenced heavily by scum) and a town-led shot (still can be influenced, but at least the ultimate decision-maker is town).

This just strikes me as so lazy.

So, is that alignment indicative? Not sure. On the one hand, I wouldn't expect Town Darg to casually make mechanics suggestions without thinking them through. And I can see "Don't give out a gun night 1" to be an easy crutch to lean on if you're scum trying to think of something to say.

On the other hand, my experience with Darg is that he's not exactly a tryhard. I don't expect him to be among the effort leaders in trying to unpack the mechanics and solve the puzzle.

Then I get to that last question: "All: why do you think there was no joke phase?"

What a terrible question. It's an observation about the game that has nothing to do with alignment, and can't possibly have an interesting answer, let alone an interesting answer that it helpful for town. Really looks like a question, for question's sake. And to me that looks most like a guy trying to force dialogue.

Forcing dialogue...that looks like scum to me.

Scum lean on Darg.

Jamiet99uk

#298 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Okay Bo showed up so lets move on to:

##VOTE VASHTANEUROTIC

I am on my phone and will probs not be on at EoD1 since I'll be at a gig. Just prior warning.

Rjcmf looks quite scummy right now, as does Ezio. I'm surprised that ND has been absent for quite a while since his early appearance. Maybe he is writing us an essay.

Rdrivera's response to me seemed organic and towny. Thamrick and MeanLaQueefa are likely town.

Brainbomb seems Brainbomb, although I don't like him using "I don't often roll scum" as a defence... edging towards gambler's fallacy there Brain - which you do have a tendency to do.

I note Brain mentioned how I didn't say if I wanted a gun. Well, ok, Brain - that's mostly because I don't believe your claim, so the question didn't seem very important to me (because I don't think you can give out any guns). For the record however, yes I do want a gun. Given I have no other actions it would give me something to do, and everyone knows I like having actions. Plus, I've had a gun twice before and I know how to use it. First gun I had, I shot scum, second gun I fired at scum but my shot was deflected by a ghost. My aim is 100% so far. If the real gunsmith wants to set me up with a gun, go for it.

yavuzovic

#299 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:36 pm

##CALL GM, is problem based on bot? I can't see bot counts votes.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#300 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:36 pm

@Brain - Can you elaborate a bit why you townread Tom and Ezio? RHK I understand the townread, I have been scum with him and this game he look like town RHK. But what Ezio and Tom have done to get a town read?

@Maniac - I don't agree with the later I will explain. It's Sunday, we have six hours left and many players won't be around at EOD.

@rjcmf - Why you insist with this trend setter thing? Why this seems to be so important to you?