MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#2581 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Whichever of Jamie and goldie is the Doctor has the most info to figure this out. Unfortunately, whichever one of them is the townie is not bothering to put in the effort.

xorxes

#2582 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:58 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:55 pm
Whichever of Jamie and goldie is the Doctor has the most info to figure this out. Unfortunately, whichever one of them is the townie is not bothering to put in the effort.
Of course, the reason for this may very well be that the Doctor is now a Reaver...

Jamiet99uk

#2583 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:30 pm

xorxes wrote:
I accept this criticism and apologise.

I now have some time, and the first thing I shall do is a quick catch up on the four or so pages I haven't read, and the second thing I shall do is an ISO of Goldfinger, equipped with the knowledge that he is non-Town, lying about his role. Currently only myself and Goldfinger's team-mates (if he's not the Reaver) know for sure he's not the Doctor. But since I do know that for sure, because I'm the Doctor myself, I may as well re-read him now, knowing for certain his guilt, to see if anything stands out.

While I am reading up could someone catch me up on why the wagons have changed so much?

I also notice that EMC has not voted, and has been absent for over 38 hours, having posted only once today. This concerns me.

Tom Bombadil is also surprisingly absent.

BunnyGo

#2584 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:30 pm
xorxes wrote:
I accept this criticism and apologise.

I now have some time, and the first thing I shall do is a quick catch up on the four or so pages I haven't read, and the second thing I shall do is an ISO of Goldfinger, equipped with the knowledge that he is non-Town, lying about his role. Currently only myself and Goldfinger's team-mates (if he's not the Reaver) know for sure he's not the Doctor. But since I do know that for sure, because I'm the Doctor myself, I may as well re-read him now, knowing for certain his guilt, to see if anything stands out.

While I am reading up could someone catch me up on why the wagons have changed so much?

I also notice that EMC has not voted, and has been absent for over 38 hours, having posted only once today. This concerns me.

Tom Bombadil is also surprisingly absent.
Some movement to have an experiment to know if Xorxes still has his bonus votes (if he doesn’t, we know you are scum).

Some movement because people stupidly think they should lynch one of the Inari instead of waiting for tomorrow and a scan to resolve it.

BunnyGo

#2585 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:33 pm

EMC absence and Toms is sad. Missing ND too.

Jamiet99uk

#2586 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:33 pm

I am going to keep my vote on EMC because there *needs* to be a one or two-vote wagon which Xorxes will therefore be ranked above, or below, in the final VC.

If this is wrong, tell me.

BunnyGo

#2587 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:33 pm
I am going to keep my vote on EMC because there *needs* to be a one or two-vote wagon which Xorxes will therefore be ranked above, or below, in the final VC.

If this is wrong, tell me.
I’m the test wagon. There are 2 votes on me and shall stay.

BunnyGo

#2588 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:36 pm

Damp and I have sworn to not move our votes.

Nobody else is allowed to vote on me or nolynch without committing suicide.

Jamiet99uk

#2589 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Ok then.

##VOTE IT'SHOSUKE for now based on Chaqa's theory.

I'm just reading up.

xorxes

#2590 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:43 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Some movement because people stupidly think they should lynch one of the Inari instead of waiting for tomorrow and a scan to resolve it.
Using Scans to solve the easy questions is a waste of a scan, and we don't know how many scans we will have, this might be the last one (and that's assuming damo has not been roleblocked). Sorting the VTs will be the most difficult job. A scan on a VT is way way more valuable than using it to sort the Companions, even if it is not immediately conclusive.

In addition, mislynching a Companion is not even a terrible thing: it results in one scum caught and one VT cleared and we still have a Companion left. It's a pretty cheap price to pay for a mislynch.

We need to focus on the VTs. It is likely that there's Reavers there.

BunnyGo

#2591 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:45 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:43 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

Using Scans to solve the easy questions is a waste of a scan, and we don't know how many scans we will have, this might be the last one (and that's assuming damo has not been roleblocked). Sorting the VTs will be the most difficult job. A scan on a VT is way way more valuable than using it to sort the Companions, even if it is not immediately conclusive.

In addition, mislynching a Companion is not even a terrible thing: it results in one scum caught and one VT cleared and we still have a Companion left. It's a pretty cheap price to pay for a mislynch.

Aren’t you the one yelling about how terrible a Mislynch would be with worcej? Someone we have to lynch before his targets die (assuming he’s not reaver)?

xorxes

#2592 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:48 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:45 pm
xorxes wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Aren’t you the one yelling about how terrible a Mislynch would be with worcej? Someone we have to lynch before his targets die (assuming he’s not reaver)?
Lynching BH!worcej doesn't give us any new info. Lynching one of the Companions gives us lots of info either way it turns out.

xorxes

#2593 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:51 pm

I would rather lynch Kalel because if we're right we most likely got rid of the roleblocker (then our PRs have much better chances to use their powers). If Hosuke is the scum I think he has to be the Investigator, which is less of a threat to us.

BunnyGo

#2594 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:52 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:48 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:45 pm
xorxes wrote:

Lynching BH!worcej doesn't give us any new info. Lynching one of the Companions gives us lots of info either way it turns out.
If reaver!goldie missed last night, isn’t lynching them a huge win? Eliminates all reavers with 1 lynch. And alliance alone can’t win.

BunnyGo

#2595 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:51 pm
I would rather lynch Kalel because if we're right we most likely got rid of the roleblocker (then our PRs have much better chances to use their powers). If Hosuke is the scum I think he has to be the Investigator, which is less of a threat to us.
I still think in your theory that lynching reaver!goldie is the bigger win.

BunnyGo

#2596 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:54 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm
xorxes wrote:
It sacrifices a little information for a huge win eliminating all reavers.

BunnyGo

#2597 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:56 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:54 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm
xorxes wrote:
It sacrifices a little information for a huge win eliminating all reavers.
Reavers are biggest threat to town with mass claim.

xorxes

#2598 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:56 pm

xorxes wrote:
Actually, Hosuke could be the roleblocker as well I suppose, if Jamiet is the Doc. If Jamiet is Doc, either of them could be scum. If Jamiet is scum, Hosuke is the most likely partner. So I guess Hosuke has more chances of being scum than Kalel.

Jamiet99uk

#2599 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:09 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:40 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:34 am
##Call GM: For the BH, is it players or roles (that have names) that are the targets?

I get what you are asking me now Chaqa. If it is just players, then massclaim away. If it is roles, then we need to be weary.
It was painfully clear to everyone except apparently to worcej that it was players. Yet he spent a good amount of D1 letting us all know that he had not read the roles and that he thought it was roles.
I think it's at least as likely that Worcej was very well aware of the answer to this question and was attempting to create the opposite impression.

Jamiet99uk

#2600 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:11 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:52 pm
I’d be very happy lynching Goldie today on the chance the reaver didn’t spawn.
I would love to lynch Goldfinger today. But you can't move now, Bunny, can you?

Who else wants to lynch Goldfinger? I know he is not the Doctor.