Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Frogsterking

Re: Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

#2501 Post by Frogsterking » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:13 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:12 pm
@bozo

Hey, I want to talk to you about some things
Get in line
Ive been trying to ask the guy how his day is going since 2016
@bozo

You are in great demand in-thread.

Frogsterking

#2502 Post by Frogsterking » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:24 pm

Team solve:
sweetandcool
HamiltonBrian
Bozotheclown
Ego.

MuahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHahah!

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2503 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:24 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:24 pm
Team solve:
sweetandcool
HamiltonBrian
Bozotheclown
Ego.

When did you say this?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2504 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:27 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Team solve:
sweetandcool
HamiltonBrian
Bozotheclown
Ego.

I still think brain is mafia, but if you are right I will be genuinely impressed.

Frogsterking

#2505 Post by Frogsterking » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:29 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Frogsterking wrote:
Team solve:
sweetandcool
HamiltonBrian
Bozotheclown
Ego.

When did you say this?
The quote is just there for formatting, I didn't figure it out until after HamiltonBrian flipped. I think you and vecna were town MVPs, I am still pleased with how I played though and I'll be writing a well-deserved scum case on bozotheclown.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2506 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:31 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:29 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Frogsterking wrote:
Team solve:

Ego.

When did you say this?
The quote is just there for formatting, I didn't figure it out until after HamiltonBrian flipped. I think you and vecna were town MVPs, I am still pleased with how I played though and I'll be writing a well-deserved scum case on bozotheclown.
Well I certainly am flattered. If you write a well enough case on bozo, he’ll be my vote. I don’t think you should discredit yourself. You had such high expectations after last game, and for this one, you played well again, but people could see it as scum.

BunnyGo

#2507 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:47 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:08 pm
GOOD LUCK SCUMREADING ME NOW BOZO
Why couldn't you have been bussing Hamilton? You did not do much to make sure he was the DK.
He found a way!
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#2508 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:48 pm

ghug wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:09 pm
bozotheclown

damo666

Chaqa

brainbomb

Frogsterking

Last one is in this group.
Will's evolution is complete.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2509 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:58 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:48 pm
ghug wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:09 pm
bozotheclown

damo666

Chaqa

brainbomb

Frogsterking

Last one is in this group.
What does this mean?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2510 Post by dargorygel » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:06 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:58 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

What does this mean?
I think they aporove of your reasoning... or not, if it is sarcasm.

Vecna

#2511 Post by Vecna » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:15 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:08 pm
GOOD LUCK SCUMREADING ME NOW BOZO
Why couldn't you have been bussing Hamilton? You did not do much to make sure he was the DK.
Yeah, lets kill this tomorrow

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2512 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:20 am

REEEEEEEEEEEEEDS

Please note that many of these reads are based purely on voting history and records. Frog is better at character analysis; he will make reads I think he said, and I trust his reads.

Reads for N2:

Brainbomb: brain made a comment early in D2 that he would not vote outside of food, Bunny, and I. While unconfirmed, I believe these reads are wrong. He did, however stick to his word when it came to voting. His Day 1 is much better (albeit still suspicious). He does make some good points, and made good inferences (except on Hamilton and sweet, lol). At no point did he vote sweet or Hamilton. He did vote Frog though, which I find mighty suspicious. During N1 he scumread Jamie, which is a little bad for his case. SCUMLEAN

Ghug: Ghug has been going back and forth in my mind for a couple of hours reading this forum. Ghug was super towny at the end of D1, hopping on sweet to push him over the edge. The impression this gave me is that it was a genuine last-second decision to kill sweet, something that I think mafia would do. However, things go downhill from here. He has clearly been milking his sweet vote which is NAI, but it shows that he is absolutely aware of the cred you get for voting the Godfather as mafia. On D2, he spends most of the day on bozo and bunny, not Ham. This makes me think that, if bozo is town, Ghug was trying to save Hamilton. But if bozo is mafia we win, so I am just theorizing. SCUMLEAN

Bunny: Bunny has been quite the controversial player this round. While many see him as scummy, I see him as town. He voted sweet early, before he was a leading wagon, with no good bussing reason for doing so. This could be see as self-saving, but mafia would not do that if the godfather was on the line, and damo was a good option (at the time). On D2, he voted Hamilton at an average time, which would have put Hamilton into serious contention for a vote. Very towny play all around from Bunny. TOWNLEAN

Chaqa: Chaqa has been inconsistent. On D1 he did that whole charade with brian, which I thought had a small chance of being scum theater, but obviously we know it isn’t. Chaqa voted sweet at a time after sweet was leading, which looks like mafia make a last second decision to bus, much like Ghug. He voted damo earlier, which I don’t like as well, but at the time, damo was not towncore like he is now. D2, he votes bozo alone. This is very suspicious, as he never made moves, and it seemed to me like he was really reluctant to vote Hamilton, and just tried to fade away into the background and hope Hamilton didn’t get booted. SCUMLEAN

Frogster: Frog is very towny to me. Out of nowhere and with no prior intention to, he decided to vote sweet. Mafia would NEVER do that, like ever. Unless Frog is a master manipulator, I don’t see this being bussing. He did vote Chaqa though, which I do not like. Still, his D1 outweighs his D2. TOWNLEAN

Foodcoats: Foodcoats went hard for Bunny D1, which I don’t like. Most of his early D1 was just flipping, mainly for shits and giggles. With the hindsight of Hamilton being mafia, I think my read of food got a little bit scummier, as he started on Hamilton (presumably to milk cred if Hamilton flipped), and then flipped all over the place. Only after Hamilton became a leading wagon did he also flip onto Hamilton. I know I am being a hypocrite for saying this (since I did similar things with Ham D2), but it was very scummy movement. SCUMLEAN

Jamie: Dead. Funny that he changed his pfp to a gravestone. Did not expect for him to die. Maybe he crumbed cop somewhere to bait a NK? I’ll have to research it a bit. TOWN

Sweet: dead. Voted Bunny the whole day. Very unlikely he was bussing. SCUM

Vecna: Vecna is playing very well. He was the definitive person to put sweet ahead. But he did vote Jamie in what seemed like a genuine vote. Still, very towny. Not much else to say for D1. D2 Vecna stayed on Ham basically the whole day. Super towny. TOWNLEAN

Damo: Also very towny. Damo voted sweet relatively middle-of-the-road, which is NAI, but I liked his reasoning and thought process for it. I couldn’t think of any examples, it was just a vibe, but it seemed very towny. D2, damo voted Ham, but ended on Bunny. If he were bussing, would he have gone off Hamilton to save him? I don’t think so, too suspicious. TOWNLEAN

Dargthrob: The more I read Darg, the more I cement a Null lean. He just, hasn’t done much to justify any meaningful read. Darg voting Hamilton early is a plus, but he is still Null. NULLLEAN

Hamilton: Dead. Voted Bunny D1. Further cementing Bunny as town for me. SCUM

bozo: Scummy play. Voted foodcoats D1. Voted Bunny D2. Not a great look for one of our best. But pretty decent if he is mafia. SCUMLEAN

foodcoats

#2513 Post by foodcoats » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:21 am

Based on the way the brain and Bunny wagons interacted with the Ham wagon, the final scum is in my opinion very likely damo, bozo, or ghug.

My gut says it is bozo.

ghug is more likely than damo because damo put the sweet wagon in the lead with 8 minutes to go D1 and then ghug tied Bunny's wagon, coming over from a vote on damo.

If it's not bozo, it's ghug.

ghug only voted Ham at the last minute today but his "avoiding a tie" defence (which I don't think has come up but would probably be the explanation) is valid. It seems to be well established that scum!ghug will bus and would bus in this situation.

So then the question is, would scum!bozo try to bus or is scum!bozo more likely not to bus and hold fast on his fake read of Bunny?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2514 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:22 am

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:21 am
Based on the way the brain and Bunny wagons interacted with the Ham wagon, the final scum is in my opinion very likely damo, bozo, or ghug.

My gut says it is bozo.

ghug is more likely than damo because damo put the sweet wagon in the lead with 8 minutes to go D1 and then ghug tied Bunny's wagon, coming over from a vote on damo.

ghug only voted Ham at the last minute today but his "avoiding a tie" defence (which I don't think has come up but would probably be the explanation) is valid. It seems to be well established that scum!ghug will bus and would bus in this situation.

So then the question is, would scum!bozo try to bus or is scum!bozo more likely not to bus and hold fast on his fake read of Bunny?
Towny post right here. Good logic

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2515 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:25 am

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:21 am

My gut says it is bozo.

Citation needed.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2516 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:25 am

My Groups :-)

WOULD VOTE D3: brain, bozo

WOULD PROBABLY VOTE D3: Chaqa, ghug, Food

WOULD ONLY VOTE IF ALTERNATIVE IS BAD: Darg, Vecna

WOULD NOT VOTE: Damo, Frog, Bunny,

BunnyGo

#2517 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:36 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:53 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:51 pm
I think ghug is probably the mafia because they moved their vote onto hamiltonbrian at the last second to look good after the flip..
Did you know we were minutes to EoD when you voted for Chaqa?
Yes of course. How does that make you feel?

BunnyGo

#2518 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:39 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

What does this mean?
You’ve been playing very well the last few games. I’m getting a better sense of you. I approve. No sarcasm.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#2519 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:42 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:39 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

What does this mean?
You’ve been playing very well the last few games. I’m getting a better sense of you. I approve. No sarcasm.
Thank you! I appreciate it. You are a good player as well (according to my standards at least)!

damo666

#2520 Post by damo666 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:44 am

Stop it wth these US memes