Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BobMcBob

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#2261 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:58 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 am
jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:31 am

What do you not understand? My post was very clear. I don't want to have to lower myself to ELY5 because you're not in fact 5, despite all appearances.
what are you going to narrow it down to?
a pool of 4 people of which at most 3 can be scum?
how on earth is that in any way helpful?
A pool of 4 people containing 1-3 scum would be pretty useful.
but you see, i dont know where were getting that pool from, how were getting it, the minimum number of possible scum in it or anything else
the logic is either not there or so obscured in poor communication that it is indiscernible

jasnah

#2262 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 pm

@ Jamiet Don't mind him, he's wetting himself at the prospect of an item mass claim and so needs to quickly frame it as worthless so as to shut down the idea in the cradle, because he knows his wetwork kit isn't gonna pass muster.

For the record, I don't actually think we should item mass claim today, exposes town too much for too little gain when four item-carrying evils are still around. If we somehow rid ourselves of all of them, then mass claim of D1 held items is the way to auto.

BobMcBob

#2263 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:06 pm

jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:57 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 am
jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:31 am

What do you not understand? My post was very clear. I don't want to have to lower myself to ELY5 because you're not in fact 5, despite all appearances.
what are you going to narrow it down to?
a pool of 4 people of which at most 3 can be scum?
how on earth is that in any way helpful?
Contingently, the suggested is useful because it leads us toward a situation where potentially almost everyone alive can be cleared from being item thief or gunman, leaving just two or slightly more people who are confirmed to be item thief and gunman because they didn't start with items.

Intrinsically, it's useful because until AR and deputy come into effect, this is the closest this set up gives us to mech confirms. I'm sure you can understand this, that you can consult your star signs and your tarot cards for days and see what they say about the number of exclamation marks so and so writes or how many times they yell 'sCuMsLeEp!!!' or how pissed off they get at your chickenshit pseudopsychology, all of that is ultimately speculative. Process of elimination through item ownership meanwhile is mechanical. It doesn't lie. And it's as near as you can get to "knowing" in the rigorous sense.
oh so you want to do an item massclaim? i suppose that is theoretically acceptable
im not overly fond of the idea necessarily, but i think none of the items are powerful enough that we compromise much if they get outted, so it could work
and i will have you know my tarot cards and astrological predictions are very accurate
for example they tell me that if we search hard enough, we will find scum in the next few days
they also tell me that at least one of jamie, bona and you is likely to make a lasting friendship this week if you keep an eye out for opportunities

BobMcBob

#2264 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:08 pm

jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 pm
@ Jamiet Don't mind him, he's wetting himself at the prospect of an item mass claim and so needs to quickly frame it as worthless so as to shut down the idea in the cradle, because he knows his wetwork kit isn't gonna pass muster.

For the record, I don't actually think we should item mass claim today, exposes town too much for too little gain when four item-carrying evils are still around. If we somehow rid ourselves of all of them, then mass claim of D1 held items is the way to auto.
actually, id be fine in theory with an item massclaim
i even have what I think is likely to be one of the more influential items in in the game
wouldnt at all mind getting a chance to use it, but now is not the time

jasnah

#2265 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:11 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:08 pm
jasnah wrote:

i even have what I think is likely to be one of the more influential items in in the game
I'm shaking in fear of the night vision goggles

celaph

#2266 Post by celaph » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:12 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:48 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:42 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:40 pm

Mainly because I townread one and scumread the other, though there is the secondary factor that there are more people who seem to make sense as jasnah savers.

I'm not dismissing TvTvT. I just can't do much wagon analysis in that case.
Thanks Damo. :razz:
Ok to be fair, the quote was mostly mine, and it was a fair question to me too, and I haven't been sober for most of the day.
I know I was mostly poking a little fun at Fox's earlier complaint about people responding to questions not for them.

BobMcBob

#2267 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:14 pm

jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:11 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:08 pm
jasnah wrote:

I'm shaking in fear of the night vision goggles
dangit, how did you guess I had the super powerful night vision goggles?

celaph

#2268 Post by celaph » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:21 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:16 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:37 pm
I should say that I wasn't jailed. Mafia already knows that so it's probably best to tell y'all that too.
We all would be saying it, but the GMs and Jasnah made clear that emc was jailed.
I don't believe I posted at night so I just wanted to avoid any concerns around that. EMC technically could also have been targeted by the camper, no? Though I agree that seems less likely.

celaph

#2269 Post by celaph » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:55 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:49 am
I haven't played with Bona, but do you think he's a sensible enough player that it's actually his scum persona that would be more careful to not be so flagrantly scummy?

As town, he has an incentive to be bold about pressing what he thinks is clearly a caught scum. As scum, he has an incentive to not draw attention to himself until he can be more sure of pressing his mis-kill successfully...
People do not think I am sensible but at least I can read celaph.
What is your read of me this game?

Vecna

#2270 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Im just gonna do some "out of the loop" speculation here.

If EMC was modkilled due to talking about satphone shit, why did his alignment/role not flip? Theres no reason for it not to flip in case of a modkill.

UNLESS

Him flipping wouldve made others look really bad.

This feels like the gm's just tried to solve a bad situation for scum by having EMC flip janitored.

Now, I have no idea if my theory makes sense. I have no idea if the sat-phones/jailkeeper peeps can do anything with it.

But I do feel the need to point it out.

Like, EMC could be scum. The satphone people being all town. If he talked in the scum-chat, having him get modkilled and all satphone people confirm he didnt talk in that chat, would somewhat townclear them all -> ergo break the game -> ergo, GM's felt the need to flip EMC without a reveal.

I bet there is -something- like that going on here.

...or maybe im just thinking too much into it

But now you can all marvel at my town mindset.

maaarveeeel

Vecna

#2271 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Also, this means we have 2 key janitored people dying, that cannot be talked to by the shaman.

Blegh.

I guess that at least means it stops people suggesting a massclaim

Vecna

#2272 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Time for a very long catchup I guess. Ill try to paste most in word and reply, knowing full well thisll result in people probably not reading shit anyway. While still spamming a bunch of stuff.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:06 pm
I've hit a nice little milestone today. It's totally outside the game but I wanted to mention it anyway because it's nice to have good news.

Today was my PhD Confirmation Review meeting. If you're doing a part-time PhD, the first 18 months is probationary. The Confirmation Review at the 18 month point determines if you're doing enough work, and stepping up to the academic level expected (and if not, they can boot you out).

I passed. :-)
Belated congrats Jamiet. Here in the Netherlands, even if youre doing it fulltime the first 1-2 years are like this as well.

Vecna

#2273 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:32 pm

jasnah wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:09 pm
My first reaction to most of you is contempt. I don't even think damo, Bona or Foxcastle are scum, just grade A idiots. It's probably why I don't usually have much success in making friends. Hard to tell.

I think that down the line we'll have many issues with me being a wagon every day. This game is also taking up too much of my time, or it was today, so I'm not gonna push back on my wagon.

I think Jamiet and Chaqa are both decent wagons going into tomorrow. I think lfischl and Vecna are town. I think damo, Bona and Foxcastle have not more than 1 non town. I think Bunny go may be non town. I don't think you should put much stock in what anyone says on D1 because it's at least four parts self-aggrandizement to every part substance, but it's a minimal cost and a lot of potential upside in ability to say 'wow I was right' for me to write this.

I'm pretty sure there are more than 5 maf, having read the role list at some point. Why are people running their mouths propagating fake news?
Im still surprised by this Jasnah, you seem like quite the easy-going friendly person in diplomacy. Why the difference in written text?

Also, why did your opinion of me change since this post, while I literally did not participate at all since this moment (except a few random drop-in moments where I didnt say anything at all)

Vecna

#2274 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:35 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:18 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:21 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:11 pm
Remember the recent drama that I was the instigator on?

You're probably going to see a 'trying really hard to be nice worcej' for awhile.
This does not match your comment regarding the bitch statement earlier whatsoever though.

That strongly indicated you still feel like the wronged person.

But here you are using it to excuse your nicer play?

Take a pick Worcej, you cannot have it both ways.
The missing element in your analysis is the time between my prior statements and how I am behaving now. If these happened at the same time period, I'd agree that I cannot have it both ways.

FWIW - I had some side conversations with some players and got some feedback on how they interpret how I presented myself here and I didn't like the image of myself that people were seeing.
That happened in those 6 hours that were in between those 2 posts I called out here?

Regardless, Its not really an avenue I wanna keep pushing this much later, so probably my last mention of it.

Vecna

#2275 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:24 pm
1x Alien Ray Gun: A player is disintegrated. No body, no name, no role reveal. If used during the day phase, the player disintegrated will still be listed until the post end of day vote count. This circumvents night immunity. The only item that will nullify the effect of the Alien Ray Gun is the Alien Microbe Ray. See more about this below. Once used it is gone.
Huh. It really stands out to me that brainbomb quoted this post so early. Seems like he was already equating Kgrays disappearance to her getting blasted like 32-36 hours into the game or whatever time this was.

Peculiar.

Jamiet99uk

#2276 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:39 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 pm
Im just gonna do some "out of the loop" speculation here.

If EMC was modkilled due to talking about satphone shit, why did his alignment/role not flip? Theres no reason for it not to flip in case of a modkill.

UNLESS

Him flipping wouldve made others look really bad.

This feels like the gm's just tried to solve a bad situation for scum by having EMC flip janitored.

Now, I have no idea if my theory makes sense. I have no idea if the sat-phones/jailkeeper peeps can do anything with it.

But I do feel the need to point it out.

Like, EMC could be scum. The satphone people being all town. If he talked in the scum-chat, having him get modkilled and all satphone people confirm he didnt talk in that chat, would somewhat townclear them all -> ergo break the game -> ergo, GM's felt the need to flip EMC without a reveal.

I bet there is -something- like that going on here.

...or maybe im just thinking too much into it

But now you can all marvel at my town mindset.

maaarveeeel
EMC was Vanilla Town. The GM missed his role out from the initial flip and them when someone did a "call GM", Dargorygel replied and told us that EMC was a Vanilla Town.

Does this alter your theory?

Vecna

#2277 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:26 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:24 pm
1x Alien Ray Gun: A player is disintegrated. No body, no name, no role reveal. If used during the day phase, the player disintegrated will still be listed until the post end of day vote count. This circumvents night immunity. The only item that will nullify the effect of the Alien Ray Gun is the Alien Microbe Ray. See more about this below. Once used it is gone.
Oh. Wait. Shit.

Kgray and Thamrick have not posted in over 24 hours.

Could one of them have been disintegrated?
Jamiet also not applying this to Bozo. Bozo had also not posted at all at this moment, and it was not clear he was replaced at this time yet, was it?

Vecna

#2278 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:40 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:02 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:00 pm
##CallGM: just wondering, as Bozo confirmed around the time I did... he most certainly was on the signup list. What gives?
Yeah Chaqa's right. We need clarification on this.
Literally ND explained this in detail on his announcement before this.
Eh, strike the last comment. I clearly have my timeframes mixed

Vecna

#2279 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:42 pm

lfischl wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:40 pm
And I think I will vote chaqa ##vote chaqa
Scumreads me. Sheeps my wagon

Not even remotely scum indicative since he did the exact weird shit last game, but it must be so convenient to have this reputation and just do whatever inconsistent odd stuff you please.

Vecna

#2280 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:44 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:35 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Wow don't be a dick to Bona.

##Vote jasnah
Snigger.
Totally read this missing an important letter...
And then right after talking about how he was chastized and made instant changes this post comes out.

I dno, the mindset, the behavior....