MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TheMadMonarch

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2141 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:59 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:41 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:38 pm
I'll be around more tomorrow, but I think there's a good shot Meme was Durga's partner, and it explains why she was so frustrated with him.
There's no room for the capt if ghug/squigs/durga = KOLECHIANS
I also believe in this team.

bozotheclown

#2142 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:03 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:55 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:50 am
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:42 am

Does people voting for ghug make him more likely to be scum?
It makes it more likely he will flip, and since I suspect him, I am OK with it.
Bozo: contributes nothing except repeating his theory that ghug and lfischl are scum.
Also bozo: not really so certain ghug is scum
Also bozo: super opportunistic
How is is opportunistic to vote for one of my scum suspects? Also, I am "not really so certain" on anything, it is only D2.

TheMadMonarch

#2143 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:08 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:38 am
##vote brainbomb
Why?

bozotheclown

#2144 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:10 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:07 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:05 am
I feel like Bozo did this same thing last game and got miskilled for it, so I'm hesitant on killing him today. The biggest difference I see is that last game he seemed to comment on more of the game, whereas this game he seems more stuck on this one facet of the game
So, I defended Bozo on the same grounds, as I've also seen him do this in other games. But then Rdr had the truth of it: scum Bozo only has one scum read (okay, in this case 2, but they're the same read).
I had 9 scum suspects for 6 slots (now 9 for 5 slots, since I was wrong on Durga). I am pushing the lfischl/ghug connection because I find it suspicious, and I am not going to drop it just because you disagree with me.

brainbomb

#2145 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:12 am

yea so interestingly enough macca is never on durgas scumteam

bozotheclown

#2146 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:18 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:42 am
Week, first of all RIP Durga and Kgray. I was townreading both (and had a feeling Durga might be PR, but she was scum PR). Kgray was so obvious NK target that I really don't get what our Doctor was doing.

I think scum is targeting people that won't be DKed and that are good at scum hunting/pushing. Maybe they are just targeting PRs, but I doubt.

Considering this I understand why people are voting Ghug. I just don't have this confidence and I suck at reading him. I still think Flum might be scum here, considering the NKs.

Another scum possibility is Bozo, I don't like how his reads don't seem to evolve and how he can't consider other motivations for lfishcl saying he didn't play with Ghug.

I don't know if Fox is buddying me, but it's working, I don't want to kill him anymore

##vote Bozo
When you say my reads "don't seem to evolve", do you means I have not changed my mind about lfishcl/ghug looking suspicious? It was not just what lfishcl said, but how ghug reacted. Yes, it is possible lfishcl said that as town, but it does not make it any less suspicious. Also, I am not going to fabricate new reads just to meet your criteria for reading me as town. You are doing exactly what Bonatogether did last game that helped lose the game for town.

bozotheclown

#2147 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:26 am

Durga typically avoids bussing, so I think it is a safe assumption that captainmeme, damo666, and Macca are not on her team, which doesn't mean too much now but could be important later.

TheMadMonarch

#2148 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:44 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:12 am
yea so interestingly enough macca is never on durgas scumteam
That's good.

TheFlyingBoat

#2149 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:07 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:59 pm
If I die, kill ghug
Your fantastic diplomacy play and your untimely death has earned you a:

##vote ghug

TheFlyingBoat

#2150 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:16 am

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:27 pm

6. TheFlyingBoat
Null. After looking at our previous game, I realized I scumread him in that game too for a lot of the things he is doing here and he was town. He even tried to get me daykilled day 1 last game too lmao. Still nothing to indicate he's town yet though.

I'll be damned I just spent some more time reading M70 after giving a brief perusal in between rounds of Diplomacy at VDC and I'll be damned if it didn't play out exactly the same between you me and damo that game in terms of suspicion and how it arose. Given you were town in that game this only re-confirms my view from a few hours back when I first saw this that I do need to reread you with a new lens given how bad my previous read was on you in M70...

bozotheclown

#2151 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:27 am

Since the mafia have the advantage of being able to legitimately look for scum, I think it would be a good idea to force the scum to go on record with their reads for the remaining 5 scum slots. I would like everyone to state their best guess, and you can update it whenever you want. Please participate, maximum participation will force the scum to fabricate some reads.

I am going to go with my lfischl/ghug/snowy theory for team 1. The reasons for my lfischl/ghug suspicion should be clear, and snowy did not follow through on voting ghug D1 and defended lfischl. Also, ghug and snowy are good candidates for the Durga NK. For Durga's teammates I will go with Foxcastle and Fluminator. Fluminator for the kgray NK and the reasons kgray had for suspecting him, and Foxcastle because I do not like how he completely reversed his read on me when his read got challenged. Foxcastle also started criticizing my suspicion of lfischl despite voting for lfischl D1 and helped save Fluminator D1. Also, I am not convinced Foxcastle did not scum slip when he mentioned a second mafia PM.

Please add your best guess to the list:

bozo: lfischl/ghug/snowy, Foxcastle/Fluminator

bozotheclown

#2152 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:28 am

I do realize Foxcastle was on my town reads list N1, but so was Durga.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2153 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:57 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:27 am
Since the mafia have the advantage of being able to legitimately look for scum, I think it would be a good idea to force the scum to go on record with their reads for the remaining 5 scum slots. I would like everyone to state their best guess, and you can update it whenever you want. Please participate, maximum participation will force the scum to fabricate some reads.

I am going to go with my lfischl/ghug/snowy theory for team 1. The reasons for my lfischl/ghug suspicion should be clear, and snowy did not follow through on voting ghug D1 and defended lfischl. Also, ghug and snowy are good candidates for the Durga NK. For Durga's teammates I will go with Foxcastle and Fluminator. Fluminator for the kgray NK and the reasons kgray had for suspecting him, and Foxcastle because I do not like how he completely reversed his read on me when his read got challenged. Foxcastle also started criticizing my suspicion of lfischl despite voting for lfischl D1 and helped save Fluminator D1. Also, I am not convinced Foxcastle did not scum slip when he mentioned a second mafia PM.

I dont think this is going to work as well as you hope. As you said before, you had 9 scum slots for 6 suspects, so I think mafia probably have at least 5 suspects for their 2 or 3 remaining slots and won't need to fabricate as much as youve suggested.

But I'll participate anyway: damo, meme, TFB and Flum, lfischl

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2154 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:00 am

I also think anyone voting ghug simply because kgray said so is being lazy at best. If you actually scumread ghug, then make the case or at least give a one sentence summary of why. Yesterday felt slower than usual and I think it's cause most of the wagons were just people lazily voting for lurkers which doesn't encourage much discussion

Fluminator

#2155 Post by Fluminator » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:16 am

Ok I'm around for a bit before I fall asleep. Is there some sort of smoking gun on ghug? This is turning out to be the most tragic death order, even if some were evil lol.

Fluminator

#2156 Post by Fluminator » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:18 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:36 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:25 pm
lmfao
##unvote Bona
I can't
why was this hilarious?
It was. You had to be there.

Are we allowed to +1 again? Did my warnings reset over the night?

TheFlyingBoat

#2157 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:35 am

Well I suppose I should give my pre-reread one now and then a post-reread tomorrow night some time after I am done with Diplomacy.

Team 1: Durga, ghug, Macca Team 2: Flum, lfischl, Captainmeme

Once again, this will likely change significantly post-read because Flum's comment is nagging at me hard. But then again maybe if I unfold his story maybe I'll find that I was right all along.

bozotheclown

#2158 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:38 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:57 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:27 am

I dont think this is going to work as well as you hope. As you said before, you had 9 scum slots for 6 suspects, so I think mafia probably have at least 5 suspects for their 2 or 3 remaining slots and won't need to fabricate as much as youve suggested.

But I'll participate anyway: damo, meme, TFB and Flum, lfischl
I still think it could be useful, thanks for participating.

bozotheclown

#2159 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:38 am

Squigs: damo/captainmeme/TFB, Fluminator/lfischl

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2160 Post by ghug » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:41 am

Why the fuck is everyone voting for me?

Why did Durga do me dirty like this?

I told y'all not to kill kgray unless I died.