MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#2041 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:45 am

peterlund wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:28 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:32 am
Yes, I am the Doctor. I protected Tom last night.

Originally, ironically enough, I was going to protect teacon since he was my top town read in the claimed PR group. However, once peter shot I changed to Tom, as he'd be the biggest asset for the reaver. Scum team 1 was pretty much dead with the three confirmed PRs, so reaver was our only threat. Xorxes and peter can both be caught pretty easy if they're recruited (peter we'd just lynch and have him kill someone with his death shot), so Tom was the bigger threat.

Chaqa looking hella suspicious though so far today. My guess of scumteam 1 is worcej, Jamiet and Chaqa now.
I think Goldie is lying here! Why would confirmed town be an "asset" to the Reaver? The Reaver knows that Mafia1 need to kill confirmed town to win the game, so my guess is that the Reaver have recruited someone not confirmed due to this reason.

I expected Goldie to have thought this better through if was the real Doc but apparently not. It looks like he was too stressed producing this Doctor claim, that looks like a fake to me now.

The story of first saving Teacon and then switching to Tom after my shot seems fabricated. And as Xorx says, why would the real doctor say that he saved Tom last night? Which leads to that he cannot save Tom next night.
Yes. He is definitely lying, I can assure you. I know this for sure because I am the doctor. Doctor JamieT protected Xorxes last night.

Please vote for lying Goldfinger, the lying liar.

Jamiet99uk

#2042 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:54 am

##Call GM

Have you sent Hosuke a role PM?

BunnyGo

#2043 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:00 am

teacon7 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:04 am
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:37 am
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:33 am
I'm going to be forthcoming because I'm so late to these last 24 hours. I was lucky enough to get my vote in early, but completely forgot to put in a PR placeholder, so I missed the EoN for that.
Before ItHo comes out with what pile of crud Super left them with... did anyone get Roleblocked? Or would the team prefer ItHo say first?
@Kalel - help me out here. You just claimed that you were the companion. This CC's Superstition/Itshosuke's claim. Then you just told us you didn't get an order in at night.

How would anyone have "gotten roleblocked" in the first place? Am I missing something here?
More than '1 roleblocker

BunnyGo

#2044 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:02 am

teacon7 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:13 am
@damo

the tl;dr of my textwalls above are: I think you should scan jamie. He's scum of some kind, but what kind matters a great deal.

Someone check my math on this...?

if jamie scans as mafia:
mafia = jamie / worcej / kalel
reaver = ?
xorx is 99% clear again

if jamie scans as reaver,
mafia = worcej / kalel / ?
reaver = jamie / xorxes

if jamie scans as doc,
mafia = goldfinger / worcej / kalel
xorxes is 99% clear.
i like scanning jamie.

I think our scanner is very very important for reaver hunting.

I think you're wrong about the Inara CC wih kalel.

I think worcej has a good chance of being reaver.

Does scan differentiate between scum?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2045 Post by peterlund » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:03 am

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:02 am
Yes.. but nothing good. And oddly xorxes reported nothing. Doc or reaver.
If xorx got reavered, his win-con would change and then he would not report anything. What do you mean by that?

BunnyGo

#2046 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:04 am

teacon7 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:25 am
I'm thinking kalel right now because I think he just slipped. I guess I'd have to re-think the lineup to account for the Agent scanning as VT. some combinations don't work out. maybe I need to sleep. :neutral:
I think a sick dad is a reason to not RB anyone.

Also scum have a RB too.

BunnyGo

#2047 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:41 am
Wow I was drunk last night. Sorry for being quite so salty.

I am 100% the Doctor.

I visited Xorxes last night on the assumption the Mafia might try to kill him as he would not be mislynchable.

Goldfinger is lying.

Bozo is probably scum too.

Please scan me, reader, so we can resolve this.

##VOTE GOLDFINGER
Totally agree about Bozo.

BunnyGo

#2048 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:07 am

peterlund wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:02 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:19 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:06 am
How many phases does a roleblock last? If Wash gets roleblocked, can I fly the following night? Do I need to wait 2 phases?
Night+Day, that's what the roles say.
But why is Bunny asking so many silly questions, that could be easily solved by one read of the first GM message on page 1? There is something fishy about bunny asking all these silly questions.
Yes. Bunny is trying to get you Chwen players to THINK.

damo666

#2049 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:07 am

As the cc'd PRs both have backups we can safely lynch any of them really.

Therefore seems a waste to read any of those 4.

I think I will read from the VT claim list.

Suggested lynch order

D2 worcej
D3 gold
D4 itso (or Jamie if gold=doc
D5 Xorxes if jamie=reaver else kalel if itso=inarra else one of the vts.

All of course subject to any reads or other info gleaned.

Opinions sought.

BunnyGo

#2050 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:08 am

peterlund wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:28 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:32 am
Yes, I am the Doctor. I protected Tom last night.

Originally, ironically enough, I was going to protect teacon since he was my top town read in the claimed PR group. However, once peter shot I changed to Tom, as he'd be the biggest asset for the reaver. Scum team 1 was pretty much dead with the three confirmed PRs, so reaver was our only threat. Xorxes and peter can both be caught pretty easy if they're recruited (peter we'd just lynch and have him kill someone with his death shot), so Tom was the bigger threat.

Chaqa looking hella suspicious though so far today. My guess of scumteam 1 is worcej, Jamiet and Chaqa now.
I think Goldie is lying here! Why would confirmed town be an "asset" to the Reaver? The Reaver knows that Mafia1 need to kill confirmed town to win the game, so my guess is that the Reaver have recruited someone not confirmed due to this reason.

I expected Goldie to have thought this better through if was the real Doc but apparently not. It looks like he was too stressed producing this Doctor claim, that looks like a fake to me now.

The story of first saving Teacon and then switching to Tom after my shot seems fabricated. And as Xorx says, why would the real doctor say that he saved Tom last night? Which leads to that he cannot save Tom next night.
Proecting Tom was the better play because it protects both Tom and whoever Tom is bodyguarding.

BunnyGo

#2051 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:22 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:33 am
GM hasn't PMed me my role yet. What did my predecessor claim? (there's a mass claim, right?)
STILL?? Do a search for your predecessor with the bot. They only had a few posts. But yes, you've just walked in to a CC situation.

xorxes

#2052 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:36 am

Confirmed PR
xorxes (Captain)
peterlund (Hero of Mudtown)
Tom Bombadil (First Mate)
teacon (Twin)
darg (Watcher)
damo (Reader)
BunnyGo (Pilot)

Claimed PR
Jamie (Doctor)
Goldfinger (Doctor)
Kalel (Companion)
ItsHosuke (Companion)

Claimed VT
Chaqa
emc
bozo
Temasek
ND
Foxcastle

Dead
FlaviusAetius (VT)
rdrivera2005 (Twin)

Scum
worcej (claims Bounty Hunter)

-------------

Jamie-Goldfinger will be (almost) mechanically sorted at EOD. If I get 2 extra votes, Jamie is most likely Doctor, if not he is either Mafia roleblocker or Reaver (I know he is not the Reaver but the rest of town don't know it).

Lynching worcej if he really is the BH is a waste of a lynch. Town does not need to lynch BH to win. We don't want to waste lynches.

I think we should lynch between Kalel and Hosuke. If we get it right, we caught scum. If we get it wrong, we still caught scum plus we get one more clear from the VTs.

Lynching Jamiet is also not a terrible option, because depriving Mafia of their roleblocker would be a great advantage. We also get a replacement Doctor if we mislynch.

Scan should be used for one of the VTs. I think Agent probably claimed VT early, so emc or Chaqa could be Agent. Fox could also be Agent since Vecna was not playing D1. I think scanning ND would be best, as I doubt that the Agent would have been so reluctant to claim VT.

xorxes

#2053 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 am

Still waiting for Hosuke to tell us who Superstition roleblocked.

BunnyGo

#2054 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:42 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:36 am
Confirmed PR
xorxes (Captain)
teacon (Twin)
darg (Watcher)
damo (Reader)
BunnyGo (Pilot)

Claimed PR
Jamie (Doctor)
Goldfinger (Doctor)
Kalel (Companion)
ItsHosuke (Companion)

Claimed VT
Chaqa
emc
bozo
Temasek
ND
Foxcastle

Dead
FlaviusAetius (VT)
rdrivera2005 (Twin)

Scum

-------------

Jamie-Goldfinger will be (almost) mechanically sorted at EOD. If I get 2 extra votes, Jamie is most likely Doctor, if not he is either Mafia roleblocker or Reaver (I know he is not the Reaver but the rest of town don't know it).

Lynching worcej if he really is the BH is a waste of a lynch. Town does not need to lynch BH to win. We don't want to waste lynches.

I think we should lynch between Kalel and Hosuke. If we get it right, we caught scum. If we get it wrong, we still caught scum plus we get one more clear from the VTs.

Lynching Jamiet is also not a terrible option, because depriving Mafia of their roleblocker would be a great advantage. We also get a replacement Doctor if we mislynch.

Scan should be used for one of the VTs. I think Agent probably claimed VT early, so emc or Chaqa could be Agent. Fox could also be Agent since Vecna was not playing D1. I think scanning ND would be best, as I doubt that the Agent would have been so reluctant to claim VT.
I think it's more likely that worcej is reaver than kalel/hosuke.

I think Bozo is leading scum candidate among the VT.

BunnyGo

#2055 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:43 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 am
Apparently Hosuke is still waiting to read a PM...

Also, how am I confirmed?

xorxes

#2056 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:47 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:43 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 am
Apparently Hosuke is still waiting to read a PM...

Also, how am I confirmed?
Who else could be the Pilot?

damo666

#2057 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:52 am

The problem I have with deferring a worcej lynch is this:

Say we lynch from Kalel/Itso (the best non worcej lynch since goldie/Jamie should resolve via Xorxes vote count) and the NK is one of worcej's purported targets and there is a bounty announcement. Then we presumably lynch worcej, now say he flips non BH scum. We will be in a quandary.

I think it safest to lynch worcej first in case he is not BH.

D3 we can lynch the apparent scum from goldie/Jamie and D4 lynch from itso/Kalel.

Probably gonna read one of EMC ND or Bozo.

Should I announce who I've read before EOD?

xorxes

#2058 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:52 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:42 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:36 am
Confirmed PR
xorxes (Captain)
teacon (Twin)
darg (Watcher)
damo (Reader)
BunnyGo (Pilot)

Claimed PR
Jamie (Doctor)
Goldfinger (Doctor)
Kalel (Companion)
ItsHosuke (Companion)

Claimed VT
Chaqa
emc
bozo
Temasek
ND
Foxcastle

Dead
FlaviusAetius (VT)
rdrivera2005 (Twin)

Scum

-------------

I think it's more likely that worcej is reaver than kalel/hosuke.

I think Bozo is leading scum candidate among the VT.
Finding the Reaver is not the most important thing at this stage. There's no reason to think worcej is more likely the Reaver than any other scum role. Not wasting lynches is more important than finding the Reaver. Lynching BH is a waste of a lynch. If we lynch Kalel for example, and he ends up being a BH target, we get confirmation that worcej is lying and then we can lynch him without wasting a lynch. Reducing the number of unknowns is the most important thing now.

xorxes

#2059 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:57 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:52 am
The problem I have with deferring a worcej lynch is this:

Say we lynch from Kalel/Itso (the best non worcej lynch since goldie/Jamie should resolve via Xorxes vote count) and the NK is one of worcej's purported targets and there is a bounty announcement. Then we presumably lynch worcej, now say he flips non BH scum. We will be in a quandary.
What are the odds that Mafia will kill a VT claimer?
I think it safest to lynch worcej first in case he is not BH.
How is it safe? We don't want to waste lynches.
D3 we can lynch the apparent scum from goldie/Jamie and D4 lynch from itso/Kalel.

Probably gonna read one of EMC ND or Bozo.

Should I announce who I've read before EOD?
No, don't announce it. Not even after EOD, only announce it at EON. No need to give info to the Reaver.

damo666

#2060 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:58 am

I am only willing to lynch from worcej/Itso/Kalel.

Xorxes has a strong argument for K(I).

I worry about leaving worcej but almost persuaded to K/I.

What do the other townclears think?