MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2001 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Since I think it's clear I'm scumreading both you and Balki, I'm sure it's no surprise that I think you're faking RBs.

With only a cop and a doctor, and both apparently well enough hidden to not be killed yet, I suspect the scumteam is RB'ing their NK. First of all, that leaves it free for scum to claim, causing confusion and doubt. Secondly, it prevents the doctor from saving themself.

In a game with a watcher or a tracker or other PRs, the hooker has better or less risky things to do. In this setup, I think the most efficient thing for scum to do is RB their NK.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2002 Post by peterlund » Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Well, I am here and I will be on-line at EoD. I am welcoming others to vote bo, but I am also very positive to lynch that scum fucker Balki. If nothing happens with the Bo wagon, I will switch to Balki closer to EoD. I also urge all townies to be prepared to do the same since we need to get one scum today or we are soon at LyLo. Bo is also scummy as hell, but at the end of the day we must join forces and not let scum dilute our strength once more as Balki already has done twice.

The Balki-Bo exchange today was scum against scum role play with very little real content if any. They where doing a B class film with a really bad manuscript. Don't buy that crap!

Ezio

#2003 Post by Ezio » Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 pm

RHK what are the odds of every wagon except snowy being town? The probabilities don't change much when you make Snowy town as well.

Foxcastle

#2004 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Demon, does your assertion that Snowy must be scum because it's unlikely we've TvT include Jamiet as town on Day 2? He was briefly a lead wagon.

Ezio

#2005 Post by Ezio » Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Peter what are your thoughts on the Tham wagon?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2006 Post by peterlund » Fri May 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 pm
As you can read in an earlier post of mine today, I have degraded Tham from scum -> scummish since I did not have enough of scum spots in my scum read list. Tham could very well be a misguided towny, but I might be wrong...

DrCJG

#2007 Post by DrCJG » Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:55 pm
The only 2 possibilities are:

SNOWY IS THE FUCKING GODFATHER.

Or

SNOWY IS TOWN AND THE SUB 5% CHANCE EVERY GODDAMN WAGON HAD BEEN TOWN.
@RHK - you made this claim before... but you called it a crackpot theory... if Snowy is scum, why is he the GF?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2008 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 pm

But bo’s “foolproof analysis” states that they HAVE to be both town or both scum.

There not been a case made for why snowy can really be town. The voting evidence is there, last minute rallies to lynch someone else, twice, and both were town.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, IT’S A FUCKKNG DUCK.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2009 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 18, 2018 8:11 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:55 pm
The only 2 possibilities are:

SNOWY IS THE FUCKING GODFATHER.

Or

SNOWY IS TOWN AND THE SUB 5% CHANCE EVERY GODDAMN WAGON HAD BEEN TOWN.
@RHK - you made this claim before... but you called it a crackpot theory... if Snowy is scum, why is he the GF?
If snowy is a scumbo that would scan guilty my excessive tunneling would have got me NKed as a prospective cop.

RagingIke297

#2010 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:00 pm
Since I think it's clear I'm scumreading both you and Balki, I'm sure it's no surprise that I think you're faking RBs.

With only a cop and a doctor, and both apparently well enough hidden to not be killed yet, I suspect the scumteam is RB'ing their NK. First of all, that leaves it free for scum to claim, causing confusion and doubt. Secondly, it prevents the doctor from saving themself.

In a game with a watcher or a tracker or other PRs, the hooker has better or less risky things to do. In this setup, I think the most efficient thing for scum to do is RB their NK.
What's your take on the self save question I posed earlier? Assume for a moment that I am indeed the doctor.
You know, everyone is talking about me self saving and why I didn't do it and what have you. Can anyone give me a legit reason I should have been self-saving? It provides no value in my eyes, if I miss (which I probably will since scum haven't been targeting me and if they did they could RB/Kill me) we lose a town, on the off chance I save myself why would anyone believe me that I did self save and its not just scum holding the kill for me? It doesn't add any credibility to my claim. The best way I can help town is by making a save that isn't myself so I can give the town a clear even if its for just a day. Other town members should like this too because if I'm scum, a "self save" would only reveal me when I get lynched, if I "save" someone else I would need to bring in another scum member to build credibility and when the lies fell apart there would be a second member of the team that went down with me.

Scum don't want to flip me, there's too much info that is solidified by my flip so I'm even less concerned about getting killed

Foxcastle

#2011 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 pm

What's your take on the self save question I posed earlier? Assume for a moment that I am indeed the doctor.
You know, everyone is talking about me self saving and why I didn't do it and what have you. Can anyone give me a legit reason I should have been self-saving? It provides no value in my eyes, if I miss (which I probably will since scum haven't been targeting me and if they did they could RB/Kill me) we lose a town, on the off chance I save myself why would anyone believe me that I did self save and its not just scum holding the kill for me? It doesn't add any credibility to my claim. The best way I can help town is by making a save that isn't myself so I can give the town a clear even if its for just a day. Other town members should like this too because if I'm scum, a "self save" would only reveal me when I get lynched, if I "save" someone else I would need to bring in another scum member to build credibility and when the lies fell apart there would be a second member of the team that went down with me.

Scum don't want to flip me, there's too much info that is solidified by my flip so I'm even less concerned about getting killed
You should have been self saving, particularly early on, to prevent a night kill, to push LYLO back. Denying the scumteam a NK has real, tangible benefits for town. There's your "legit reason." And on N1, if you really are the doctor (you aren't), it had to at least be a serious consideration that the scumteam would kill you. You can peddle the theory that they would see value in the confusion and dissent you would generate if they kept you around, but I can't really imagine a scumteam that would risk not killing the cop.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2012 Post by peterlund » Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Ezio wrote:
Obviously I prefer to not be on the same wagon as Balki.

RagingIke297

#2013 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:23 pm

peterlund wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 pm
Ezio wrote:
Ugh, Peter, stuff like this is why I want to scumread him. Process < Results
I would get on a wagon with 4 scum if it means lynching the 5th one.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2014 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 18, 2018 8:28 pm

@peterlund,

1. How confident are you that I am scum? Can you put a percentage on it?

2. Why do you think I am scum? I feel like you said that maybe around Day 2 or so, and you haven't listed any evolution there. You just keep asserting it over and over. Why is it? Is it that Xorx listed me as "Scummish"?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2015 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 pm

peterlund wrote:
Ezio wrote:
Do you have any thoughts at all about Thamrick's alignment other than the fact that Balki is currently voting for Thamrick? Like, one other thoughts about it?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2016 Post by peterlund » Fri May 18, 2018 8:32 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:23 pm
Shit like this is why I have you on my scum read list. All the crap you wrote after claiming doc, made me put you high on my scum read list.

Anyhow, looking at Balki's record in this game he has only been lynching townies. Him being on Tham 90 min before EoD may just be bussing. But at EoD he has been on townies so far in this game. If he switch off Tham before deadline, that wagon becomes more attractive again.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2017 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:34 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 pm
But bo’s “foolproof analysis” states that they HAVE to be both town or both scum.

There not been a case made for why snowy can really be town. The voting evidence is there, last minute rallies to lynch someone else, twice, and both were town.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, IT’S A FUCKKNG DUCK.
My analysis could very well be wrong. I just don't think it is. That's why I'm not really joining this Balki thing, though it seems like he's being bussed at this point.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2018 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 18, 2018 8:35 pm

peterlund wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:32 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Shit like this is why I have you on my scum read list. All the crap you wrote after claiming doc, made me put you high on my scum read list.

Anyhow, looking at Balki's record in this game he has only been lynching townies. Him being on Tham 90 min before EoD may just be bussing. But at EoD he has been on townies so far in this game. If he switch off Tham before deadline, that wagon becomes more attractive again.
Well...I was on RagingIke all Day 1, and you just said you thought that Ike was scum.

So, are you saying I have been on scum 1/3 days?

That's not bad in a game in which we've lynched 3 townies so far.

RagingIke297

#2019 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 pm

You should have been self saving, particularly early on, to prevent a night kill, to push LYLO back. Denying the scumteam a NK has real, tangible benefits for town. There's your "legit reason." And on N1, if you really are the doctor (you aren't), it had to at least be a serious consideration that the scumteam would kill you. You can peddle the theory that they would see value in the confusion and dissent you would generate if they kept you around, but I can't really imagine a scumteam that would risk not killing the cop.
Lets say I am doctor, I self save night 1 scum goes after me night 1 and doesn't roleblock me. People already don't believe me, what changes now that I'm not dead and am claiming save?? There has been too much info that is contingent on my flip since EOD1, scum aren't going to kill me until they feel the odds of me making a save are great enough to give the town all the solid facts that come with my flip and since we're nailing townies every day for them we may not ever get to that point.

RagingIke297

#2020 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 pm

peterlund wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:32 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:

If I'm a scumread then come and get me Peter. What have you got on me besides my claim?