MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#2001 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:34 am

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:26 am
@bunny
About super vs Kal... I find Kal's lack of emotional outburst regarding the cc.... Disturbing.
This seems Kalelesque to me. As for the original claim, it came shortly after night, just as he was starting to leave and his scum team said "hey, stick around, and you should claim a PR and jump the gun on claiming hard" or something. Who knows?

In general, I would really, really, like to nail reaver prime today. To that end, I think most of us agreed before it was likely they hid in the PRs. I think it's unlikely to be the fake Inara. I think it's possible it's worcej. I think it's most likely the fake doctor.

I'm going to go reaver hunting again on those characters and check the warning timing. I hope others join me.

bozotheclown

#2002 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:35 am

KalelChase wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:04 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:12 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:04 am
@worcej

Read Kalel, goldfinger or Jamie before they claim, and report your result.
@Kalel, @goldie, @Jamie wait for worcej to read you before claiming please.

(Within reason. We're not waiting all day.)
All - sorry, had a medical issue with my dad... he gets out tomorrow, so I'll try to get my reads and posts in tomorrow early. I'm still trying to read through and catch-up, but I see there were a lot of claims including one that is particularly interesting to me. Holding claim, and posting my crumbs, on the read, and discussing any other PR or which I was part.
Sorry to hear about your father, I hope his recovery goes well.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2003 Post by KalelChase » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:37 am

KalelChase wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:33 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Is there a reason our two Inaras (Inari?) shouldn't tell us whom they "Companioned" this past evening?
I'm going to be forthcoming because I'm so late to these last 24 hours. I was lucky enough to get my vote in early, but completely forgot to put in a PR placeholder, so I missed the EoN for that. This is only my second PR and I'm not used to having the extra action to take.
Before ItHo comes out with what pile of crud Super left them with... did anyone get Roleblocked? Or would the team prefer ItHo say first?

bozotheclown

#2004 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:37 am

It is interesting the counterclaims are for Doctor and Companion, the 2 roles where we have backups.

BunnyGo

#2005 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:37 am

dargorygel wrote:
@bunny
About super vs Kal... I find Kal's lack of emotional outburst regarding the cc.... Disturbing.
That said, I could easily be wrong. Not drinking tonight, so still Dumb Bunny.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2006 Post by KalelChase » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:39 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:35 am
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:04 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:12 am

@Kalel, @goldie, @Jamie wait for worcej to read you before claiming please.

(Within reason. We're not waiting all day.)
All - sorry, had a medical issue with my dad... he gets out tomorrow, so I'll try to get my reads and posts in tomorrow early. I'm still trying to read through and catch-up, but I see there were a lot of claims including one that is particularly interesting to me. Holding claim, and posting my crumbs, on the read, and discussing any other PR or which I was part.
Sorry to hear about your father, I hope his recovery goes well.
Thank you... some unplanned surgery last week was followed by a post surgical stroke, but thankfully it seems therapy will restore 95ish% of the impact. Appreciate the concern, and glad to focus on the game.

BunnyGo

#2007 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:39 am

KalelChase wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:37 am
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:33 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Is there a reason our two Inaras (Inari?) shouldn't tell us whom they "Companioned" this past evening?
I'm going to be forthcoming because I'm so late to these last 24 hours. I was lucky enough to get my vote in early, but completely forgot to put in a PR placeholder, so I missed the EoN for that. This is only my second PR and I'm not used to having the extra action to take.
Before ItHo comes out with what pile of crud Super left them with... did anyone get Roleblocked? Or would the team prefer ItHo say first?
I think we should hold until Itsho says anything.

BunnyGo

#2009 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:46 am

Hypothesis 1) The reaver fake claimed PR
Hypothesis 2) The reaver criterion is concerning what they are not allowed to post
Hypothesis 3) There was minimal delay in Kitsune posting the warning

In this case, Kalel and Worcej are the only candidates for reaver.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2010 Post by KalelChase » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:51 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:46 am
Hypothesis 2) The reaver criterion is concerning what they are not allowed to post

Oh yeah, forgot about this...

@ (I think I already posted this along the way)

Page 27-32

I'm confused. How does claiming it protect you from the Reaver? If you get 'turned' and don't get your extra votes couldn't you just claim to have been roleblocked?

Ditto, with RDR and Jamiet (among others) on conditional though (either majority says yes, or GM confirmed X). It seems like it's more useful to Town, and if anything's broken (within the established rule-set) I believe it's better to break it and learn from it (as a whole).

And now with minimal posting on his part, Bozo has flooded the first day with a lot of noise. I am a programmer, and this discussion is a waste of our time, just like Monty Haul.

Bunny, Kit and I started in the Avengers game. Bunny's really smart when he's playing... me not so much.

As far as absences... It is a holiday... with that said... Happy New Year to everyone (many of which are already in 2020 as I write this).

I'll tune in again tomorrow... same bat-time, same bat-channel.

That's what I did in those pages.

BunnyGo

#2011 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:04 am

KalelChase wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:51 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot about this...

@ (I think I already posted this along the way)

Page 27-32

I'm confused. How does claiming it protect you from the Reaver? If you get 'turned' and don't get your extra votes couldn't you just claim to have been roleblocked?

Ditto, with RDR and Jamiet (among others) on conditional though (either majority says yes, or GM confirmed X). It seems like it's more useful to Town, and if anything's broken (within the established rule-set) I believe it's better to break it and learn from it (as a whole).

And now with minimal posting on his part, Bozo has flooded the first day with a lot of noise. I am a programmer, and this discussion is a waste of our time, just like Monty Haul.

Bunny, Kit and I started in the Avengers game. Bunny's really smart when he's playing... me not so much.

As far as absences... It is a holiday... with that said... Happy New Year to everyone (many of which are already in 2020 as I write this).

I'll tune in again tomorrow... same bat-time, same bat-channel.

That's what I did in those pages.
Yeah...but not as one post. Don't worry about it, trying to trigger another warning never got real traction. I'm mostly speculating which scum found I'm most interested in lynching today.

If you're scum, it's you.

If you're Inara, it's Worcej.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2012 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:09 am

BunnyGo wrote:

Bunny, can you elaborate some more on this please. Also, can someone rehash for me why the reaver prime would have claimed PR?

BunnyGo

#2013 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:19 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:09 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Bunny, can you elaborate some more on this please. Also, can someone rehash for me why the reaver prime would have claimed PR?
The reason is that people had made clear that PR would not be shot or lynched D1. Solo reaver needs to buy time to spawn.

2 is pure hypothesis, but has some reason to it

3 is also hypothesis with some reason.

The only PRs who *might* be scum (have a CC) and were posting around the warning are those two (unless I missed something)

teacon7

#2014 Post by teacon7 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:36 am

oh wow. I've never been n1'd before! Thanks @scum I'm so honored.

Maybe there was a better way to play as twin, I don't know. It had to be one of us.
Going into a massclaim situation... I figured that scum was going to try to fakeclaim as twin, because it'd be easiest to fake and hardest to verify. It's sad that we lost a town player, but baiting an NK does several things:
1) townclears someone,
2) prevents the NK from hitting a more important role,
3) iirc increases % if we're lynching from the PR claimant pool (now less relevant with CC's), and
4) prevents scum from claiming either slot as twin.
I'm kinda sad it was rdrivera though. I like having him around. RIP.

@rdrivera - I'm sorry you got killed. :/ Raise a glass for me in the godthread?

Also: This flavo(u)r is excellent! I enjoy reading it a lot. Thanks @kitsune!
Kitsune wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:04 pm
...Fanty and Mingo seemed to have cornered the black market in bootlegged liquor and hangover medication.

"Another case of scotch? Why of course," Fanty said.

..."Fanty is prettier."
This not only nails my love of scotch, but even more: I'm the good looking one! This flavor is even accurate.

teacon7

#2015 Post by teacon7 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 am
I complained numerous times to GT, but this setup is meh because of the mass-claim.

I am the BH, so don't get too excited about catching me because I am not that important.
well well well.

@worcej - Did you crumb at all?

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:39 pm
I am starting to wonder if Chaqa and ND are just scum teammates bussing each other.
lol. That's not a bad guess.
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:36 am
All that's left to decide now is if we hammer this.
@goldfinger - why would we hammer?

teacon7

#2016 Post by teacon7 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:42 am

ND wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:05 am
If you were scum, and got caught, the BH would actually be the role you would want to default too. Simply because it is not inherently a must kill third party for town to win.

So, him claiming BH is basically meaningless. Maybe he is BH or maybe he is scum lying and claiming this to try and survive. All we know is that he lied. He needs to be lynched.
Big Truth here.

There's no way for us to guarantee that the list that BH!worcej gave is even remotely accurate.

scum!worcej would have motivation to claim BH to avoid a CC situation just like this. That's even a move they could plan ahead of time in the QT.
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:33 am
It is interesting that all worcej "bounty targets" are VT claimants.
Unsure if it is significant.
This seems significant to me. Signifying: conveniently lynchable targets.

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:17 am
@Xorxes

Please explain how lynching ND would confirm worcej (or not).
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:18 am
We could also lynch one of his purported targets to verify his claim and not waste a lynch.
The GM announces the Bounty Hunter's progress towards his goal in the SoD flavor. If we lynch a BH target, the GM will verify that progress was made towards their wincon. It's indirect, and isn't a total confirmation, but a suggestion worth considering.

I don't think keeping worcej alive long term is a good idea.

Primarily because I think worcej is likely scum.

But also: If we lynch from his list for verification only, we're potentially going to flip town, which isn't good in the long run.

Thirdly, if we lynch someone on his list to verify, and then promise to "leave him alone" ... he's instantly reaver bait.

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:20 am
Yeah, I kinda can’t do anything so you either believe me or don’t. You have a WIFOM position at this point.
Yeah sorry. If BH, you randed a tough role.
Jayne Cobb once wrote: you been given the shortest end of the straw in this whole crap hill verse. and, well, ya took it. And that's something.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2017 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:44 am

teacon7 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:36 am
All that's left to decide now is if we hammer this.
@goldfinger - why would we hammer?
That was mainly a reaction test to see which scum team we might have nabbed. Didn't get anything though. I know better than to actually advocate for hammering a vote D2.

teacon7

#2018 Post by teacon7 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:55 am

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:53 am
Ok... Data.
Don't want damo to waste his read

I watched someone.
Jamie visited that person. (Nice shoes, Jamie,)

Am I right on assuming Jamie is either doc or reaver?
DARG YES this is great.

@jamie tell us who you visited...

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:28 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:03 am
Shoot. Shouldn't have said that
Well, I know I have not been Reavered, so Jamie is either the Doc or the Roleblocker. If he is the Roleblocker I will know at EOD, but the rest of you won't.

Too bad I can't use my reveal today... Just saying.
tbf, @xorxes, you're not currently reaver prime, and that's what matters. If we lynch jamie today and he's the reaver, we'll know you're next.

##callGM - If the captain has been turned into a reaver, does the player still get a +c in the VC, even if he's now a reaver? Can we have an official VC please?

Kitsune

#2019 Post by Kitsune » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:59 am

##callGM - If the captain has been turned into a reaver, does the player still get a +c in the VC, even if he's now a reaver? Can we have an official VC please?
1. The player will still receive a +C in the VC with the special votes (if any) taking effect to the order of wagons at EOD.

teacon7

#2020 Post by teacon7 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:59 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:33 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:14 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:10 am
I think the possibilities for Jamie are Doctor, Reaver, and Customs.
Why not Agent?

Anyway dargo's info doesn't really help much. Jamie is either doc or scum.
If he was Agent I would be dead :-D
man, xorx seems like he's posting a lot of quick posts on pg 99 to explain why he's not reaver. I can't recall ever seeing him use a smiley. Am I the only one who sees this? probably just me.

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:41 am
So maybe I should read Jamie?
I don't think you need to waste it there.
If I have a +2 vote, Jamie is the Doc.
If I don't have a +2 vote, we lynch Jamie tomorrow. If he flips Customs, I'm ok. If he flips Reaver, I'm also Reaver (but that won't happen.)
No, see, that gives reaver!xorxes time during N2 to make another reaver. We need to get you cleared again.

It's a good idea to scan jamie to verify what happened.
We'll go into the lynch having sorted out:
  • the gold/jamie CC,
  • jamie as potential reaver prime, and
  • clear up the question xorxes' alignment

It'd be great to have him towncleared again.
If jamie scans as mafia, he was roleblocker. xorx is clear. we decide whether we want the roleblocker around, or to leave him alive to prevent other powers from activating.

If jamie scans as reaver, we lynch him immediately, then xorx. nuke them from orbit just to be sure.

If jamie scans as doc, we lynch goldfinger.

Worcej would be next. I think he's mafia and not BH, but it's dangerous leaving him alive.

##callGM - can the reaver conversion action be roleblocked?