M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.

snowy801

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#202 Post by snowy801 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:44 am

I'd like to be subbed out away from all these autists please

brainbomb

#204 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:48 am

Im gonna do things differently and Ill be back sometime on sunday morning. I dont see anything interesting so far.

Jamiet99uk

#205 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:48 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:41 am
Why do you townlean Jamiet when he's being the worst part of this game
Unbelievably harsh when you give a pass to people like Maniac, who literally made posts like this:
Maniac wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:27 am
“I did not have sexual relations with that woman” Bill Clinton

What’s interesting about this lie is that Bill avoids using the contraction ‘didn’t’ and also that he refers to Monica Lewinsky as ‘that woman’. Both of these are signs of lying. As with all verbal tells they aren’t 100% accurate of course but could be interesting none the less. The explanation of why people avoid contractions is because liars want to seem honest and precise. They think ‘did not’ sounds more convincing that ‘didn’t’.

So does this tell apply to mafia? I don’t know. Some people always avoid contractions and others may not have English as a first language. To really dig deep we’d have to establish what every player’s speech/typing pattern is when they’re town and then see if there is a change when they’re scum.
You think that's great Mafia townplay, apparently, yes?
I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important - like a league game or something - Dick Butkus.

Jamiet99uk

#206 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:49 am

(And when I say "Mafia townplay" I mean town play in the game called 'Mafia', just to be clear)
I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important - like a league game or something - Dick Butkus.

President Eden

#207 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:55 am

ok so I guess you could call this a “wallpost” if you wish, but that’s better than posting 3 times to reply to each person. dealwitit

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:44 am
I’d like to be subbed out away from all these autists please
smh my head I literally chose not to sit out because you were playing.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 am
Rather performative, Eden.

You know perfectly well the “unvote” is not required when you move your vote.
I’m pretty sure I always do that to highlight where my vote was, but I may be misremembering.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Why were you putting pressure on brainbomb earlier?
because pressuring people is how you figure out their alignment. I’m puzzled by this question; do you think I shouldn’t be pressuring people? what else would you do in that situation and why? (alternatively, if you think I should be pressuring people, why ask?)
BesharamSabi wrote:
Why do you townlean Jamiet when he’s being the worst part of this game and his actions scream someone who rather piss people off than play mafia?
(1) “worst part of this game” is an entirely subjective judgment on your part. I haven’t felt like he’s meaningfully been a problem.
(2) he’s made a couple of comments now that look to me like a townie who’s had a full evening at the pub and is now trying to solve the game late at night. his question toward you that I highlighted, and now his “performative” comment toward me (with which I disagree, but which I think comes from a townie mindset). it’s all minor stuff and doesn’t hold a lot of weight but again, gotta start somewhere.
(3) why do you think that any of that behavior is suspicious? it makes sense to believe that it’s hurting town (I don’t agree with that assessment, but it’s a fair one to make I think), but townies hurt town all the time. it’s not indicative of anything alignment-wise.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Why the sudden need to change your meta?
if I can be a bit pedantic (me? never), it’s less about a need to “change my meta” (meaning change how I feel other people perceive me) and more about approaching the game in a manner that’s both better for me personally and, I hope, will lead to better results.
BesharamSabi wrote:
How’s the first week of your job?
pretty great 8-)

President Eden

#208 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:56 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:48 am
Im gonna do things differently and Ill be back sometime on sunday morning. I dont see anything interesting so far.
your ducking my pressure has been noted 8-)

Jamiet99uk

#209 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:56 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:44 am
I'd like to be subbed out away from all these autists please
You want out? You don't want to play here? You certainly don't, pal, 'cause the good news is... you're fired. The bad news is... you've got, all of you've got just one phase to regain your position as town. Oh? Have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. Get the picture? You laughing now? You got reads. You can't close the reads you're given, then you can't close shit! You ARE shit! Hit the bricks, pal, and beat it 'cause you are going OUT!

You drove a Hyundai to get here. I drove an $80,000 BMW. THAT'S my name! And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's game, you can't close them... then go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me, you fucking [redacted]? A-B-C. A... Always, B... Be, C... Closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING! A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention: Do I have your attention? Interest: Are you interested? I know you are, 'cause it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision: Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action. A-I-D-A. Get out there! You've got the prospects coming in. You think they came in here to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?

You see this watch?

This watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. You're a nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here? Close! You think I'm too hard on you? You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? If you can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight with the leads you've got and make myself $15,000. Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can YOU? Go and do likewise. A-I-D-A. Get mad you sons of a bitches! Get mad!

You want to know what it takes to catch Mafia? It takes BRASS BALLS. Go and do likewise, gents. The money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you. You wanna go out tonight and close. CLOSE! It's yours. If not, you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying - a bunch of losers sittin' around in a bar? 'Oh yeah. I used to be a townsperson. It's a tough racket.' These are the new scumreads. These are the JamieT scumreads. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for closers.

I'd wish you all good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it.

BesharamSabi

#210 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:00 am

President Eden wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:55 am
ok so I guess you could call this a “wallpost” if you wish, but that’s better than posting 3 times to reply to each person. dealwitit

<snipsnip>
BesharamSabi wrote:
Why were you putting pressure on brainbomb earlier?
because pressuring people is how you figure out their alignment. I’m puzzled by this question; do you think I shouldn’t be pressuring people? what else would you do in that situation and why? (alternatively, if you think I should be pressuring people, why ask?)
BesharamSabi wrote:
Why do you townlean Jamiet when he’s being the worst part of this game and his actions scream someone who rather piss people off than play mafia?
(1) “worst part of this game” is an entirely subjective judgment on your part. I haven’t felt like he’s meaningfully been a problem.
(2) he’s made a couple of comments now that look to me like a townie who’s had a full evening at the pub and is now trying to solve the game late at night. his question toward you that I highlighted, and now his “performative” comment toward me (with which I disagree, but which I think comes from a townie mindset). it’s all minor stuff and doesn’t hold a lot of weight but again, gotta start somewhere.
(3) why do you think that any of that behavior is suspicious? it makes sense to believe that it’s hurting town (I don’t agree with that assessment, but it’s a fair one to make I think), but townies hurt town all the time. it’s not indicative of anything alignment-wise.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Why the sudden need to change your meta?
if I can be a bit pedantic (me? never), it’s less about a need to “change my meta” (meaning change how I feel other people perceive me) and more about approaching the game in a manner that’s both better for me personally and, I hope, will lead to better results.
BesharamSabi wrote:
How’s the first week of your job?
pretty great 8-)
Pressuring question was due to it being this early in the game.

Not a fan of brainbomb avoiding it tho.

Putting that in my notes.

---

What results do you hope to achieve? Why do you feel like your old style was ineffective?

snowy801

#212 Post by snowy801 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:17 am

finally a normal human being

President Eden

#214 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:38 am

my wallposts are all going to the godthread instead 8-)

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#215 Post by Maniac » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:41 am

Wordle 252 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

There have been many happy accidents throughout humankind’s short time on this earth, but a time travelling chicken game has to be right up there. Sure it’s not Velcro, but it’s a close second.

Not much has happened despite the game length so I’ll probably go back to sleep. Good to see I’m still living rent free in someone’s head.

President Eden has caught my attention, and not in a good way. Think I’ll read him in the morning. Happy 3:41 thoughts

President Eden

#216 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:54 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:00 am

What results do you hope to achieve? Why do you feel like your old style was ineffective?
why not pressure early? why let mafia get into a rhythm and feel out the vibe of the thread, ya know?

I think I explained this in my “wallpost” that I guess you couldn’t be bothered to read lol.

##UNVOTE BesharamSabi
##VOTE brainbomb

Back to this. If you think you’re peacing outta here for 2 days then you got another thing coming brainboy 8-)

TheMadMonarch

#217 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:06 am

So, my house flooded.

Brisbane is currently getting some big storms, and they're expected to continue for the rest of the week. We've recovered, but we lost power for a while. This may happen again.

I fully plan to continue playing between clean up, so let's go. Cluck Cluck!

TheMadMonarch

#218 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:15 am

No real thoughts yet, we're still mostly in shitpost phase. That being said...

##VOTE Sabi

They're claim of "chicken nuggets machine" is an obvious reference to killing chickens like the mafia do.

They're probs also claiming their role with the subsequent sentence "Which of yall am I sending to McDonald's?". McDonalds is a reference to burger flipping. Sabi is the flipper!

President Eden

#219 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:21 am

Macca573 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:06 am
So, my house flooded.

Brisbane is currently getting some big storms, and they’re expected to continue for the rest of the week. We’ve recovered, but we lost power for a while. This may happen again.

I fully plan to continue playing between clean up, so let’s go. Cluck Cluck!
that sucks, good luck :(

BesharamSabi

#220 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:32 am

President Eden wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:54 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:00 am

why not pressure early? why let mafia get into a rhythm and feel out the vibe of the thread, ya know?

I think I explained this in my “wallpost” that I guess you couldn’t be bothered to read lol.

##UNVOTE BesharamSabi
##VOTE brainbomb

Back to this. If you think you’re peacing outta here for 2 days then you got another thing coming brainboy 8-)
Idk be more interesting then I will read them.