MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#1901 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Yea yavuz. Im the ninja and real gamora is just sittin around lettin me scum it up

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1902 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:54 pm

I don't get it. I don't see where I have been defensive in this game. I have been jokey...or not serious at times, but I am not seeing the defensiveness that people say they are seeing.

brainbomb

#1903 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:01 pm

y2kjbk (4): brainbomb, Foxcastle, rdrivera2005, DoubtingThomas

Everyone from initial y2k wagon is alive. Rivera sesms towny, Fox and DT are still unknowns to me, y2k improved a lot day 1 but has fallen off.

snowy801 (4): Vecna, Jamiet99uk, BismarckAlive, worcej

Vecna and worcej make this wagon mostly town 50%. Bismark is a very low poster and Jamie is an unknown. Vecna was very sure snowy was scum and I disagreed.
@ghug @worcej

Foxcastle (3): snowy801, ND, damo666

All unknowns on here. Fox flip could help clear up alot of unknowns if hes wolf.

flash2015 (2): Squigs44, dargorygel
This flip would likely be clearing for darg if flash flipped v. Other side of the coin is if flash is town, one of squiggs or darg has higher odds as scum.

brainbomb (1): flash2015
Bizarre

Vecna (1): ChippeRock*

Irrelevant

dargorygel (1): xorxes
Interesting, but unimportant this phase unless dargs wolf

ChippeRock (1): Ezio

Irrelevant

Jamiet99uk (1): y2kjbk
Interesting push by y2k.

Ezio (1): ghug
Irrelevant

Squigs44 (1): yavuzovic
Potentially clears squiggs if yav is scum.

End-votes (1/23): ChippeRock

Jamiet99uk

#1904 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:01 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:25 pm
@INVENTOR

Worcej the doc is likely to die. Give an item to ghug me or worcej tonight. Scum cant steal your items!!
So you lied about having an item earlier on? Ok. Standard.

yavuzovic

#1905 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:01 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:54 pm
Yea yavuz. Im the ninja and real gamora is just sittin around lettin me scum it up
Well Gamora. Anyway, good guesses don't indicate townieness.

brainbomb

#1906 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:01 pm
brainbomb wrote:
@INVENTOR

Worcej the doc is likely to die. Give an item to ghug me or worcej tonight. Scum cant steal your items!!
Well someone got an item presumably. And whoever inventor was clearly didnt mind me playing around reax testing. Thx whoever he is

Jamiet99uk

#1907 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
@INVENTOR

Well someone got an item presumably. And whoever inventor was clearly didnt mind me playing around reax testing. Thx whoever he is
Presumably.

So what did you learn from that particular reaction test? Ghug reacted very angrily but we know he is town for sure. What else?

brainbomb

#1908 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:11 pm

DoubtingThomas
Day-1 30:21
page 29 flash and brain seem different than last game.

maybe flash's difference is from the extra experience he got from last game? but he was more focused on solving game since early on. here he didn't really contribute until today

brain is less feisty, and more solving focused, but that may be because he was tilted from the jamie exchange last game.

y2kjbk
Day-1 30:13
page 29 Some of Foxcastle's later responses since that big wall of text are making me question my initial scum read on him. I want to fight my inclination to tunnel. I'm looking through some other players now via the bot, and the next player that struck me as somewhat suspicious is Jamiet99uk. A lot of his posts so far seem to be offering valid opinions, but they aren't too insightful or controversial. I get the sense from reviewing his posts thus far that he picked snowy and foxcastle to lightly push suspicion, not that he actually has started to suspect them. I will ##VOTE Jamiet99UK. :!:

DoubtingThomas
Day-1 30:08
page 29
↑y2kjbk: "Some of Foxcastle's later responses since that big wall of text are making me question my initial scum read on him. I w..."
so only townies post insightful or controversial posst?

##VOTE y2kjbk

DoubtingThomas
Day-1 30:02
page 30
↑y2kjbk: "Mafia tend to want to be less controversial, especially in the early game when feeling out where the townies stand..."
pretty sure i can easily envision brainbomb mafia being controversial

y2kjbk
Day-1 29:59
page 30 I'm trying to follow your rationale for topping off the wagon on me with your pretty cryptic challenge to my new vote. I'm not following.

DoubtingThomas
Day-1 29:58
page 30
↑y2kjbk: "I'm trying to follow your rationale for topping off the wagon on me with your pretty cryptic challenge to my new vote. ..."
why are you so mad that I voted you?

DoubtingThomas
Day-1 29:57
page 30
↑DoubtingThomas: "why are you so mad that I voted you?"
I am trying to be as controversial I can so I will be town read by you, btw ;)

y2kjbk
Day-1 29:56
page 30 I'm not, I'm trying to read you. And you're just trying to illicit reactions, not offer anything legitimate to the conversation, so I'm leaning scum at the moment. You're definitely more scummy than the other people voting for me that may very well all be town. Doing more rereading

y2kjbk
Day-1 29:55
page 30 lol wtf now you're trying to buddy me? if you're town, i don't know your game man

Probably the strangest thing ive seen all game. One of these two is surely scum??

brainbomb

#1909 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Presumably.

So what did you learn from that particular reaction test? Ghug reacted very angrily but we know he is town for sure. What else?
Alot of reactions where people assumed mind stone was still in play, not on vecna. Would be worth rereading for exactness, as scum had a janitor code probably for what vecna flips as. I thought flashs reax to vecna dying looked like a code that vec was a vt.

Scum would have had some kinda janitor code, impossible to cipher correctly so ill not try to do that. But TMI slips are possible. In that moment scum would know with 100% certainty that mind stone and vig were in play. So anyone who said to shoot and reveal first was potentially forgetting that vecna very well coulda been vig with the stone.

Vecna was obviously not vig, could be a PR, but there was Info only janitor and scum could know attached.

brainbomb

#1910 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:20 pm

1 minute after vecna flip

flash2015
Day-2 47:57
page 79 OK, not what I expected.

Ghugs gonna hate me for this lol....

flash2015
Day-2 47:57
page 79 OK, not what I expected.

flash2015
Day-2 47:35
page 81 OK, just to get it out there. I don't trust the Squiggly one this game:

##VOTE Squigs44

flash2015
Day-2 46:31
page 84
↑brainbomb: "Ill give the old bugger all day. :)

Oh ghuuuuuugggie

*waves a shotgun*

Hi :)"
Wait! If we are encouraging a vig shot shouldn't we use the mind stone first to be sure?

flash2015
Day-2 46:28
page 84 OK, I see I was about 2-3 pages behind...

OK.

Anybody ever seen flash start a phase that way?

brainbomb

#1911 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Disregard.

I just read M37 and he starts multiple posts saying OK in capital letters.

Red herring writing style.

Foxcastle

#1912 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:24 pm

He uses "OK" consistently through the signup thread and occasionally in Day One, from a brief check of the bot. If it were a code, I'm not convinced he would repeat himself three times.

Jamiet99uk

#1913 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:27 pm

@Brainbomb:

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?us ... d=OK*&g=38

Flash starts a lot of posts with the word "OK". I'm not sure it indicates anything, other than the way Flash talks.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1914 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:24 pm
He uses "OK" consistently through the signup thread and occasionally in Day One, from a brief check of the bot. If it were a code, I'm not convinced he would repeat himself three times.
OK, I will have to look into mixing it up some more.

brainbomb

#1915 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Its not flash.
But man, y2k and Jamie look sneaky rn.
I kinda think y2k is scum for his entry into today. Also Jamies EON reads are almost too good.
Jamiet99uk
Night-1 00:03
page 79 From most to least scummy as I see it right now:

====
SCUM
====
ND
snowy801
​ flash2015
rdrivera2005
damo666
xorxes
Bisma​rckAlive
Foxcastle
bozo
Bo_Sox
Yavuzovic
​ Squigs44
Dargorygel
Vecna
y2kjbk
DoubtingTh​omas
HR
ChippeRock
Ghug
worcej
Brainbomb

Jamiet​99uk
====
TOWN
====

If I die, lynch ND or Snowy.
[/quote

Hes got ghug as near top town pre reveal, and chippee near top town pre vig shot. Why does Jamie jump 7 spaces up in hos scumreads onto bismark?

Theres

brainbomb

#1916 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Jamie had Vecna below doubting thomas?

brainbomb

#1917 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:33 pm

So Jamie joins Bismark on snowy.

Ok.

Why is snowy just letting these people vote him. Lol. I miss old snowy who actually solved

y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1918 Post by y2kjbk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 pm

RIP ChippeRock. Makes me more confident in BismarckAlive being scum given the early come-out vote from him. Sorry I'm not posting more, really have been busy. Ask me questions about what I've done and I'll try to answer promptly. Will reread and follow up with more opinions as I'm able.

brainbomb

#1919 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Im struggling to understand why HR thinks bozo is scum also.
bozotheclown
Night-1 02:06
page 76 When dargorygel showed up 4 minutes before EOD, he was leading the vote 7-4-4, and he claimed VT. This could have been a ploy to look town, but with a 3 vote lead, I thought it would be more likely for scum to make a fake claim at that point, unless one of the other top wagons was also scum. Since I considered it most likely that dargorygel was town, I switched my vote to bo_sox, who I thought was a scum possibility, and more likely to be scum than snowy, the other top wagon.

Here are some questionable things I noticed about D1 EOD:
:!:
When dargorygel was up by 2 votes, rdrivera said he would vote for bo_sox if not for the SK’s ability to add a vote. I then voted for bo_sox, and dargorygel voted for bo_sox, which resulted in bo_sox and dargorygel being tied at 6. rdrivera was still on dargorygel, so he could have put bo_sox up by two votes by switching from dargorygel to bo_sox. He failed to do this, despite just saying that the only reason he was not voting for bo_sox was because he wanted to keep the top wagon leading by two.
:!:

bo_sox stated he was leading in the vote even though he was tied with dargorygel, and there was no point where bo_sox was ahead in the vote count. xorxes later made a statement that he townread bo_sox for making a town statement when he thought he was the lynch, despite the fact that bo_sox was never leading the vote.

xorxes switched his vote from dargorygel to bo_sox after the phase ended, and after bo_sox’s statement that xorxes later said he townread him for.

After EOD, rdrivera preemptively deflects his failure to vote for bo_sox by saying he highly suspects the late movers.

xorxes makes a statement that rdrivera is the most likely SK candidate based on him being on the dargorygel wagon and the time when he joined the wagon, despite it being very unlikely the SK would be this obvious, especially if rdrivera was the SK.

These are some notable mistake coming from high level players like rdrivera, bo_sox, and xorxes. Although it is possible they were just real mistakes, the interaction that occurs between these three around these mistakes makes me consider all three suspect.
bozotheclown
Night-1 01:51
page 77 BismarckAlive – null, low activity
bo_sox48 – scum possibility
brainbomb – likely town, holder of Soul Stone
ChippeRock – likely town, a number of inexperience town indications
damo666 – scum possibility, trying to ID Vig
dargorygel – lean town
DoubtingThomas – null
flash2015 – lean town
Foxcastle – lean town
ghug – lean town
Hellenic Riot - null, low activity
Jamiet99uk – lean town
ND – null
rdrivera2005 – scum possibility
snowy801 – lean town
Squigs44 – lean town
Vecna – lean town
worcej – likely town, doc claimant
xorxes – scum possibility
y2kjbk – lean town
yavuzovic – lean town

Bozo is town. The theory paints xorx and bo as scum with rivera as sk.

I dont think scum bozo could come up with this.

brainbomb

#1920 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:48 pm

y2kjbk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 pm
RIP ChippeRock. Makes me more confident in BismarckAlive being scum given the early come-out vote from him. Sorry I'm not posting more, really have been busy. Ask me questions about what I've done and I'll try to answer promptly. Will reread and follow up with more opinions as I'm able.
Why doesnt it make you concerned bismark could be vig trying to get lucky on shooting one of his voters? Clearly the vig shot someone voting bismark.... are you just ignoring that for any particular reason?