Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#1801 Post by Maniac » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:21 pm

Just wanted to look back at final reads of the deceased and who killed them.
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:05 pm
I'll share because I want to: ghug, Chaqa, rdr, Bona.
WorceJ was killed by BobMcBob celaph Maniac Chaqa Vecna rdrivera2005
Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:59 pm
In the unlikely event Chaqa does end up convincing Ghug to NK me tonight:

Reread my posts a few pages back while I was talking back and forth with Bob.

My main thought currently is that its Ghug + Chaqa. They are also the only scum pairing that would actually kill me here, so if I end up dying, dont let chaqa use his weak wifom to make you believe they would never kill me, after ive been tunneling them. They would. Because they know this train has left the station and aint slowing down. Other scum teams wouldnt, because they would be fine to have me continue the deathtunnel, and then get killed the day after for being wrong.

Im also still vastly underwhelmed by Rdrivera. Noone would currently hire him to be their spokesperson. But he's currently all about killing Ghug, so how can I be opposed.

I dont really care about the order. Keep killing ghugs and chaqas untill one flips scum and my theory is disproven. I do feel that Ghug is the more likely GF of the two since it was jamiet at the receiving end.

Vecna was killed by scum.
celaph wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:59 pm
<snip>

I think Kak and Bona are my strongest town.

Overall, just nervous about a Chaqa/ghug, but not the most likely. Also have some eyes on a possible Rdr/Bob. Lastly, I think Maniac/Not ghug is not a bad pairing to consider.
Celaph was killed by scum
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:59 am
essentially my poe is chaqa, ghug, maniac, celaph
Bona was killed by Chaqa, Ghug, Maniac and Kakarroto

Kakarroto: "So it's between Bob, ghug and Chaqa for me."

Kakarroto was killed by scum.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1802 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:44 pm

I love how Maniac presents information he's presented before for the same purpose as if it's brand new information he's just discovered.

Let's look at others:
Foxcastle thought my play war towny but had some reservations. Felt similarly about Vecna. Didn't have a full set of reads post-lfischl flip.
Celaph thought Chaqa/ghug was unlikely, rdr Bob was possible, and Maniac/not ghug made sense.
Bona scumread Chaqa, townread rd.
Kak thought it was between me, Bob, and Chaqa.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1803 Post by Maniac » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:27 pm

I love how Ghug spins whatever I say. Did I say this was all new info? No. Some of it is and it’s now collated together.

@ghug - I know it’s you plus someone, but I also know I’m not going to get rest of town to kill you today so I’ll concentrate on your scum buddy. I think that’s Bob more by process of elimination than anything. If I’m right and we’re both alive tomorrow we can them duke it out. I expect you’ll kill me but that’s fine as long as remaining town read this: IF WE MAKE IT TO THE LAST DAY KILL GHUG.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1804 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:41 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:27 pm
I love how Ghug spins whatever I say. Did I say this was all new info? No. Some of it is and it’s now collated together.

@ghug - I know it’s you plus someone, but I also know I’m not going to get rest of town to kill you today so I’ll concentrate on your scum buddy. I think that’s Bob more by process of elimination than anything. If I’m right and we’re both alive tomorrow we can them duke it out. I expect you’ll kill me but that’s fine as long as remaining town read this: IF WE MAKE IT TO THE LAST DAY KILL GHUG.
I'm not spinning shit. You've argued that we should trust Vecna and worcej before, drawing the conclusions directly. You didn't cite any other dead players' reads, and you left the conclusion as an exercise to the reader as if you were just providing information and not making a point. It's disingenuous.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1805 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:44 pm

Maniac wrote:

I can easily be convinced to vote Ghug and I am town. And I am not totally convinced about Bob.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1806 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:13 pm

I’m quite willing to die on the hill that ghug is town

If he’s got me he’s got me

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1807 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:13 pm

I think maniac and Bob or Rdr and Bob or Bob and Maniac

BobMcBob

#1808 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:13 pm
three very unique scumteams youve got there

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1809 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:03 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
three very unique scumteams youve got there
He townreads me so strongly he felt the need to proclaim it in two different ways.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1810 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:04 am

I still just don't really get why you stopped considering me as an option, Chaqa.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1811 Post by Maniac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:49 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:44 pm
Maniac wrote:

I can easily be convinced to vote Ghug and I am town. And I am not totally convinced about Bob.
With chaqa ruling Ghug out o just can’t see a Ghug kill happening. I suppose you, me and Bob could kill Ghug but I’m more certain chaqa Is just misguided town at this point. If chaqa thinks it’s maniac/Bob or Rdr/Bob and you and I think it could be Ghug/Bob then Bob is the best kill today. I really worry that you or I then die tonight and Chaqa doesn’t kill Ghug tomorrow, but I can’t see any other way today resolves. I still put Ghug/bob ahead of Chaqa/Bob so a chaqa kill really doesn’t appeal to me. And obviously I’m never voting Rdriveria today unless I have to save myself.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1812 Post by Maniac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:54 am

Chaqa wrote:
I’m quite willing to die on the hill that ghug is town

If he’s got me he’s got me
I feel the same way about Rdriveria.

Today is all about town finding just one scumbo so as long as we can agree on that then we can let tomorrow take care of itself.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1813 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:01 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:04 am
I still just don't really get why you stopped considering me as an option, Chaqa.
Find a game where I read you wrong when I'm town.

I don't think you'll find one in the last like... 3 years.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1814 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:18 am

##Vote rdrivera

Executive decision. I'll explain a bit over the next few posts

BobMcBob

#1815 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:19 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:18 am
##Vote rdrivera

im... interested

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1816 Post by Maniac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 am

Chaqa wrote:
##Vote rdrivera

Looks like indecision to me

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1817 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:31 am

Maniac wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:49 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Maniac wrote:

With chaqa ruling Ghug out o just can’t see a Ghug kill happening. I suppose you, me and Bob could kill Ghug but I’m more certain chaqa Is just misguided town at this point. If chaqa thinks it’s maniac/Bob or Rdr/Bob and you and I think it could be Ghug/Bob then Bob is the best kill today. I really worry that you or I then die tonight and Chaqa doesn’t kill Ghug tomorrow, but I can’t see any other way today resolves. I still put Ghug/bob ahead of Chaqa/Bob so a chaqa kill really doesn’t appeal to me. And obviously I’m never voting Rdriveria today unless I have to save myself.
I just don't understand your logic. If you are town here and are sure Ghug is scum we need to kill him today. If we don't kill him today he just kill one of us at night and he won't be killed.

Seems like you are just going for the easiest way (no one really townreads Bob).

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1818 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:32 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:19 am
Chaqa wrote:
##Vote rdrivera

im... interested
Me too.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1819 Post by Maniac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:57 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:31 am
Maniac wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:49 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I just don't understand your logic. If you are town here and are sure Ghug is scum we need to kill him today. If we don't kill him today he just kill one of us at night and he won't be killed.

Seems like you are just going for the easiest way (no one really townreads Bob).
What’s the alternative? Say you, me and Bob vote Ghug. Chaqa and Ghug vote for you or me. Do you trust Bob to not slide of Ghug with seconds to go? We’d be handing the game to someone no one is townreading. That can’t be good play.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1820 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:25 am

Sidenote: I think Fox got killed because he was on the Lfischl wagon, and not because of Doc suspicion. The fact that celaph was roleblocked supports this. This increases my belief the scum got lucky and it was not some crumb-detective amazing play.

Likewise, I think the mafia continued to roleblock celaph once the doctor was dead, with no better ideas, and figured if they had picked right, then things were great, and got lucky.

-------------------------
ghug

I have a really good track record reading ghug. I don't know if it's 100%, but it's damn near close. I've been getting town pings on him since like Day 2 when I subbed in. The only world where it's ghug to me is if it's ghug-Maniac and I've been double-bigbrained bamboozled. If so, hat's off to them. The biggest thing going against (but also somewhat for) ghug is Day 1. I think scum!ghug busses Lfischl there, but maybe scum!ghug actually doesn't. I'm unsure.

Ghug<==>Rivera
I think this pairing makes no sense. Rivera calls out ghug for ghug's vote on me after I subbed in, and pushed ghug on Day 2 as well.

Rivera
Rivera's original reasoning for voting Jamie was pretty weak:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:27 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:43 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:31 pm

yeah, right before proof
would you prefer me to vote somewhere else?
who do you scumread?
You seem to be tryharding and your unexplained vote on me was annoying.

Rdrivera seems to be lurking hard so I'm also leaning scum on him.

Kak's entrance felt very reminiscent of his entrance last time when he was scum, so, maybe?
Why do you think I am lurking hard? And why you think it's scum indicative for me?

You seems to be trying too hard to get reasons to scum read people.

##vote Jamiet
But if it's because he missed EoD and never updated his vote.. maybe.

Maniac
The biggest things in Maniac's favor for being town are that he made a decisive vote D1 on scum, and that he was roleblocked the night celaph died. I think these two things combined are enough to make him lower in my PoE. I think the most likely time he's scum is where it's ghug-Maniac.

Onward
With town read on ghug and a mild town/logical town lean on Maniac, that leaves Bob and Rivera.

Additionally, if ghug-Rivera doesn't seem to be a team in the world I'm wrong about ghug, then if ghug is bad his teammate has to be Bob.

So, the correct vote is either Bob (if Bob-Rivera or Bob-ghug) or Rivera (if Bob-Rivera or rivera-Maniac), and I'm a little stronger on ghug being town, which means covering the unlikely case (rivera-Maniac) is better than covering the extremely unlikely case (Bob-ghug).

I don't know if that makes sense or is too convoluted. It's like stringing together a bunch of spiderwebs.