M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M80 Game Thread

#1721 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 17, 2023 6:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:35 pm
or there is the very nuanced bunnygo stance that were both mafia but not on the same mafia team and the setup is actually multiball?
Tbf that is not what BunnyGo said - and I did not accuse him of saying that. I just accused him of not thinking about the connection between you that would exist if you were both Scum, which is what he purported.
I like spaghetti

President Eden

#1722 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 6:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:36 pm
ghug has always had me as mafia and eden as town from what I recall. I dont think there was ever even a moment of doubt about eden from ghug. and this is potentially legit, or a latent form of buddying where ghug knows that siding with me here is the fastest way to get eden woke about him
the way he's approaching me/bozo isn't making sense to me either

Jamie had a post about this that struck a chord with me but I'd have to go review it to see if it landed right. basically that ghug's claims about me and bozo aren't congruent

brainbomb

#1723 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:39 pm

you originally had said if there were three minutes to go and ghug was a lead wagon you would not go for him, out of the fact he can clear himself and is a poor D1 wagon.

given how the game has progressed, the way ghug has played do you still feel like there are better day 1 wagons than ghug, and if ghug became a wagon would you still feel inclined to possibly save him if the counter options were myself, bunny, and bona

bozotheclown

#1724 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 6:39 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:26 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:06 pm

In M71, I thought you and ghug could have been faking the conflict as teammates on the other scum team.

I don't understand how M73 is relevant to the point I think you are tying to make, other than you did not do anything I found suspicious D1 in that game. Then you cleared both of us D2.
OK, I see the relevance of M73 now, that was the game where ghug subbed out because of the conflict between you. However, I did scum read ghug for his part in that interaction, and he turned out to be mafia.

So, to summarize, both games you mentioned I suspected the conflict could have been motivated by at least one of the participants being mafia, and in both games one of the participants was mafia. I don't see how these examples reinforce your suspicion of me, although I will not assume I was correct about ghug's motivation. Even if I was "right for the wrong reason" in those games, I still do not see how they support your argument.
ghug's argument is that you tend to come to errant conclusions about mafia suspects when strong emotion is involved, and that that is why you are reading me the way you are.

My retort is that you came to reasonably good conclusions about ghug in M73, when you were town, but more importantly that you didn't base your suspicion off of the fight alone, but looked to other evidence and context to build an opinion. In M71, you were mafia, and you landed on a fairly wild theory and didn't dig into it much further.

Based on these games, I believe they support my contention that you're mafia, because here you have simply decided today must be either me or Bona, and you looked to my argument with brain without any real analysis or context to say that I "could be" faking things. There was no analysis of whether it fit scum motivation or not, no analysis of the rather large body of other work I have put out besides arguing with brain, nor was there any of your usual interest in other potential wagons.

The whole M71/M73 thing is really a sideshow from ghug that he hasn't supported, and I'm increasingly suspicious that he is your teammate and just trying to derail the discussion.
Your dismissive responses to brainbomb that I did not think were warranted stood out to me more than anything else you posted so far D1, and it seems to me the primary focus of your D1 posts has been to try to undermine the opinions of anyone suspicious of you, first brainbomb, then Bonatogether, and now me.

brainbomb

#1725 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:37 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:35 pm
or there is the very nuanced bunnygo stance that were both mafia but not on the same mafia team and the setup is actually multiball?
Tbf that is not what BunnyGo said - and I did not accuse him of saying that. I just accused him of not thinking about the connection between you that would exist if you were both Scum, which is what he purported.
Yea I was being satirical

brainbomb

#1726 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:39 pm
you originally had said if there were three minutes to go and ghug was a lead wagon you would not go for him, out of the fact he can clear himself and is a poor D1 wagon.

given how the game has progressed, the way ghug has played do you still feel like there are better day 1 wagons than ghug, and if ghug became a wagon would you still feel inclined to possibly save him if the counter options were myself, bunny, and bona
this is a hypothetical test environment. I am aware im not likely to be a wagon today but just curious if you scumread me more than ghug now

brainbomb

#1727 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:44 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:28 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:25 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:21 pm

i don't know what your or worcej's early reads were
well both our birth takes was that eden was mafia, in my case it was a feeling that was like ... not fitting in, as if somethings wrong, but yeah, what is the argument here that you say eden is mafia?
i think eden is capable of giving a lot of smoke and a lot of flair but as scum he just doesn't have substance

brain had it right earlier on, but it's really the case - see me vs eden last game. eden tried to make it a credibility war where we would together decide on options to resolve a hard cc battle, but really that was dumb. town eden isn't stupid
can anyone else confirm this to be true, and verify that this is an eden scumtell? it sort of seems like it would be really hard for this to keep going and players who are mega versed in eden could just keep failing to see it

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1728 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 6:44 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:20 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:15 pm
Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:01 pm
##Bozo

I'd vote Bona because I don't like the quality of their posts but Bozo look like their the lead wagon rn and I don't want Eden to die. I think Eden still has info to give/analysis to share.

Form what I've seen of Eden, he seems strongest in the late game; he plays well when he has a great deal of info/when he has an idea he wants to implement. It kinda tracks that he wants a game where theres as much info to be gleamed as possible.
##vote Dousing

Can you explain me how or where have you seen that "Eden is strongest in late game"? This is so scum tryng to park a vote that I can help myself voting you.
From last game it seemed that Eden picked up a lot more steam during the late game when there was more info.

Im not saying Eden is trustworthy here. in fact, I think they’ve explained themselves terribly with Brain and Bona. HOWEVER, I think Eden’s the type of play who is gonna improve later in the game.
##VOTE Dousing

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1729 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 6:49 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:26 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:06 pm

In M71, I thought you and ghug could have been faking the conflict as teammates on the other scum team.

I don't understand how M73 is relevant to the point I think you are tying to make, other than you did not do anything I found suspicious D1 in that game. Then you cleared both of us D2.
OK, I see the relevance of M73 now, that was the game where ghug subbed out because of the conflict between you. However, I did scum read ghug for his part in that interaction, and he turned out to be mafia.

So, to summarize, both games you mentioned I suspected the conflict could have been motivated by at least one of the participants being mafia, and in both games one of the participants was mafia. I don't see how these examples reinforce your suspicion of me, although I will not assume I was correct about ghug's motivation. Even if I was "right for the wrong reason" in those games, I still do not see how they support your argument.
ghug's argument is that you tend to come to errant conclusions about mafia suspects when strong emotion is involved, and that that is why you are reading me the way you are.

My retort is that you came to reasonably good conclusions about ghug in M73, when you were town, but more importantly that you didn't base your suspicion off of the fight alone, but looked to other evidence and context to build an opinion. In M71, you were mafia, and you landed on a fairly wild theory and didn't dig into it much further.

Based on these games, I believe they support my contention that you're mafia, because here you have simply decided today must be either me or Bona, and you looked to my argument with brain without any real analysis or context to say that I "could be" faking things. There was no analysis of whether it fit scum motivation or not, no analysis of the rather large body of other work I have put out besides arguing with brain, nor was there any of your usual interest in other potential wagons.

The whole M71/M73 thing is really a sideshow from ghug that he hasn't supported, and I'm increasingly suspicious that he is your teammate and just trying to derail the discussion.
Bozo coming to a correct conclusion for other reasons doesn't negate that his initial reaction was one of being unable to imagine my motivation for what I assume we can agree was an emotional reaction based on out of game issues. This is the most obvious example to me, but I'm confident there would be others of bozo drawing odd conclusions on emotional moments.

brainbomb

#1730 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:50 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:54 pm

I don't.
Then why did you say:

"It doesn't follow that he thinks they are all scum."
If you scumread 4 people would you assume you have solved the game?

Bunny isn't stupid. For him to think it more likely they are all scum than not he would need to have 80% confidence in each.

I'm willing to vote Bona Bozo Dousing Haze Sweet or you. Do I think they are all scum?
Did you ever say why you were willing to vote Bozo? I saw something about he tends to implode. Is he imploding?

and does the imploding happen as mafia or as town

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1731 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 6:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
ghug has always had me as mafia and eden as town from what I recall. I dont think there was ever even a moment of doubt about eden from ghug. and this is potentially legit, or a latent form of buddying where ghug knows that siding with me here is the fastest way to get eden woke about him
That's not accurate. I haven't townrwad Eden at any point.

brainbomb

#1732 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:52 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:52 pm
brainbomb wrote:
oh okay, so you scumread eden?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1733 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 6:55 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:38 pm
brainbomb wrote:
the way he's approaching me/bozo isn't making sense to me either

Jamie had a post about this that struck a chord with me but I'd have to go review it to see if it landed right. basically that ghug's claims about me and bozo aren't congruent
That post was not compelling...

I think you're both scummy in a vacuum. I find your reasons for scumreading each other questionable, but I can see town bozo coming to his conclusion on you more easily than town Eden coming to your conclusion on bozo. I doubt you're scum together. The only inconsistency there is if you assume, like Jamie often does, that everything is black and white. If I'm not certain of any of them, I'm allowed to think all of those things at the same time.

bozotheclown

#1734 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:28 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:15 pm

##vote Dousing

Can you explain me how or where have you seen that "Eden is strongest in late game"? This is so scum tryng to park a vote that I can help myself voting you.
And this also comes across as Mafia trying to park their vote. Dousing has played one game, and you know it. Dousing has formed this opinion based on the one previous game they have played. Of course, if we haven't played X number of games, we're not allowed to form opinions on other players.
Sweet you of all people should know that even new players can form opinions on other players.

From what I’ve seen, Eden fared a lot better in the late game than the early game.

You‘re telling me Eden’s arguments are poor and I agree with you. I’m also saying that Eden will likely improve if last game has any predictive power.
This kind of hedging makes me think you could be PE's mafia teammate.

PE was mafia last game and I think he played well in that game starting from D1. In what ways do you think he improved in his mafia play as the game went along?

damo666

#1735 Post by damo666 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:50 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:01 pm

Then why did you say:

"It doesn't follow that he thinks they are all scum."
If you scumread 4 people would you assume you have solved the game?

Bunny isn't stupid. For him to think it more likely they are all scum than not he would need to have 80% confidence in each.

I'm willing to vote Bona Bozo Dousing Haze Sweet or you. Do I think they are all scum?
Did you ever say why you were willing to vote Bozo? I saw something about he tends to implode. Is he imploding?

and does the imploding happen as mafia or as town
As maf but not yet.

My vote is principally an Eden save.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1736 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
ghug wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
oh okay, so you scumread eden?
Yes...

brainbomb

#1737 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 7:00 pm

##Vote BunnyGo
this has faded out of the participation ever since their wagon died.

Bonatogether

#1738 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 17, 2023 7:02 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:30 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:27 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:23 pm

I don’t, but I’ll look. To be clear you mean the Dec 21 and Mar(?) 22 games where you and I were fighting, right? (I guess I need it even more explicit lol.)

@rdr—nothing notable about Haze, I don’t find them scummy per se so much as, the more my view of the game is developing, the more I think the mafia are in the wallflowers.
only scumreading those who post little is monkey brain

it's very easy to do
Haze has over 100 posts.

I never said they lowpost.

I said they blended in like a wallflower.
yeah he posts little

Bonatogether

#1739 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 17, 2023 7:07 pm

i have like 15 more minutes

fine with either eden or bozo, but i prefer eden

ghug's post earlier on the page about how he scumreads both individually but not both together is close but not exactly where i am (haven't thought about pairs at all, d1 before eod is hard to read for pairs, but whatever

brainbomb

#1740 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 7:08 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:05 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:05 am
anyway this topic doesnt resonate with alot the players.

These are people I historically just cant read and I always lose trust in
damo
rdrivera
pyxxy
bozo

if you can summarize what their towntells are im all ears.
their towntells are voting scum
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:09 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:28 am
Haze with a Z wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:02 am

Play with me!

##Vote ghug
My meta in our game together was to scumread everyone who voted for me until we won, so the question is would scum Haze really want to bring that upon himself?
##VOTE ghug
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:37 pm
On Bonatogether vs. PE, who are the top wagons as well as voting for each other, I think PE is more likely to be mafia, based on the PE/brainbomb interaction, because I don't understand why PE reacted the way he did to some of the exchanges.

##VOTE PE
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:36 pm
Maybe ghuggy wuggy is a snuggy smuggy scummy
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:49 pm
in fact imma just say it

if bozo flips scum ghug is his partner

no cap on god 100

At Eden

Which narrative are you more set on
-that bozo's towntell is voting scum