Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1721 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 pm

What the fuck is going on here?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1722 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Welcome to the clears Brainbomb

obviously every other PR should just come right out and say now. Let's have a party

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1723 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 pm

brain is being brain. Don't fucking confuse watcher brain. I need to go. Please stop.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1724 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Also I AM THE COP, and so is my wife

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1725 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Well this is confusing.

Foxcastle

#1726 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:50 pm

DemonRHK - SCUM. Scumreads Rjm for 3 days, putting him at “110%” scum, then conveniently forgets him during the lynch. Including being presented with a list of three with his name in it and calling it “garbage” while settling on an unjustified Vash vote. DemonRHK was scum trying to protect the witch, probably the most powerful role the mafia has given that it results in dead townies. In particular, it makes sense if you recognize how hard it was to protect Rjm EOD2, with so many ties and close wagons.

ND - Lean Town. Consistently scumreads Jamie on D1. Votes Jamie late-ish (7 minutes to go), which ties Jamie as second wagon (tied at 4 with Balki (whom ND did not think scum), down one from ND himself at 5). Votes Rjm early (1:05 out) and stays put. Was Rjm’s standing vote for Day 1, and since Rjm was around for end of day commotion (at least 7 minutes out, hard to say if he was actually there after), seems silly that he would sit on a vote for Scum through it all, but a good bet that newbie scum was hoping sticking it out on ND would lynch a townie rather than Jamiet... If ND is scum, he bussed both the thief and the witch.

bozotheclown - Null. Barely mentions Jamie or Rjm either day. If DemonRHK pushed the Vash wagon to save Rjm, bozo possibly jumped on that as scum.

Ezio - Lean Town. Not much to go on textually, but on Day 2 voted ND 21 minutes out and sat there while the ND wagon floundered between 2-3 votes. Rjm was always ahead of ND. If Ezio was scum, there was plenty more he could have done to protect Rjm before breaking the tie and putting Rjm over the top.

Rdrivera2005 - Lean Town. Doesn’t really mention Jamie before lynching, and gives slight scum reads of Rjm. But votes look favorable. D1, jumps off Ezio to tie the Jamiet wagon with ND at 5. D2, jumps off Ezio (6 minutes left) to boost Rjm from 4 to 5, down 1 from Vash’s 6. If he’s bussing scummates, he’s doing it at nearly critical moments.

yavuzovic - Null. Townreads Rjm the last quarter of D1. Gets on Jamie late, after the wagon has launched. Misses Rjm to sit on ND the entirety of D2.

Balki Bartokomous - Slight Scum. Seems like a lot of Jamie-related material on D1 for that to really have been a good strategy for scum (although much of it was fighting with Mean). Missed Rjm for being too erratic to be newbie scum. Vote record doesn’t inspire confidence. One D1, gets on Jamiet 5:29 out. Then, with Jamiet and ND tied at 5, jumps off ND to make it ND-6, Jamiet-4, ostensibly to save himself, now tied for second but a safer 2 votes down... Casts the 8th vote on Jamiet well after ND and himself have fallen off. Day 2, sits on Mean from the start. With 21 minutes to go, votes Ezio, which creates a 3-way tie with RJM and Tom, all at 4 votes. Then, with Ezio and Rjm tied at 4, and Vash at 3, jumps off Ezio onto Vash to tie Vash with Rjm, and remains on Vash.

reedeer1 - Slight Town. Slight scumread on Rjm N1, with an offer to shoot him. Day 1, gets on Rdrivera 6 hours out. Jumps on Ezio 14 minutes out (making him 3rd wagon at 2 votes). Then with ND leading at 6 votes, boosts Jamiet from 4 to 5. Sits on Ezio for Day 2.

Brainbomb - That bad feeling I had about DemonRHK, I also have about Brainbomb. Could be scum. I am not convinced he’s scum, but I can certainly see scum-Brainbomb busing Jamiet (yes, even Jamiet the Mafia Thief). As it stands, I can’t prove it and don't have a case, and when I thought about doing a Brainbomb reread, I started dryheaving until I gave the idea up.

VashtaNeurotic - Lean Town. On Day 1, votes Reedeer 2:48 out. 11 minutes to go, votes Balki; that breaks the tie between Jamiet and Balki who had been at 3 each. Is the 9th vote on Jamie, well after it’s all over. Was Jamiet’s vote for EOD1, from 6+ hours out. On Day 2, starts with an early Brain vote, but then during EOD switches to Rjm with 27 minutes to go, to tie Rjm for first place with Tom at 4 votes. I think it's unlikely (but not impossible) that he bussed the witch and then the other scum bussed him.

Tom Bombadil - Null. Some weird interaction on D1 that don’t seem like sound play for either town or scum. As for votes... Anchors on Demon early on D1. Anchors on Rjm early on D2. ... Is this usual for Tom? Was Rjm’s Day 2 vote, which was cast nearly a full day before lynching, at which point Tom was very briefly in the lead. Rjm disappears 1:20 before lynch, at which point Tom is one of four wagons tied at 2 votes.

Maniac - TOWN. Town Jesus, blessed by the grace of Saint Snowy, +1s be upon him

thamrick - Slight scum, which is sad because I’ve been townreading him for what seems to be a genuine effort to solve the game, so maybe we can upgrade him to Null. Scumreads Rjm Day 1 pretty early on. But Backs off at the start of Night 1 claiming that he thought he was unfairly tunneling him for his weirdness with mean. End of Night 1, makes Rjm his third choice on a bullet. Carries through on scumreading Rjm on Day 2 (scummy, but not the best lynch). But mostly doesn’t mention Rjm at the end of Day 2. Interesting development when Rjm flips, though... Thamrick says “Wow. I really thought he was too scummy to be scum” which is a new sentiment, since he seemed scummy enough for Thamrick up until Thamrick forgot about him as lynch drew close. On Day 1, he casts an early vote on Rjm. Then 14 minutes out votes for ND (seconds after Brain votes Jamie, same minute marker, even!) to put ND at 5 votes, ahead of the second place wagons of Balki and Jamie tied at 2 (Jamie wouldn’t really take off until about 5 minutes before EOD). Day 2, jumps on Yav 44 minutes out, then 8 minutes out moves to Vash (with no reason), putting Vash at 6, 2 ahead of second place Rjm at 4.

bo_sox48 - Null. Not around Day 1, but votes Brainbomb. Scumreads Rjm Night 1, votes ND (another higher scumread) on D2.

MeanLaQueefa - I get quite a strong townread from her, despite her putting Vash ahead of Rjm at a key point at the end of Day 2. Day 1, votes Balki with more than a day to go and sits there. Day 2, starts on Vash 28 hours out. Hops on Tom 18 hours out, and stay there until jumping on Vash with 8 minutes to go. This breaks the 4-4 tie that Rjm and Vash were sitting at, to put Vash in the lead. If she’s scum, she’s doing very well, but I wonder if she’s simply misguided.

I think that as the game goes on, looking back to the end of Day 2 is going to be helpful. Scum lost their witch, after losing their thief the day before. Throughout the end of Day 2, right up until the lynch, there were competitive wagons and first and second place ties nearly every vote, and not a lot of consensus that could easily be wrangled to protect Rjm. It was hard for them to try to protect their witch, but they had to have tried. (Also, a lot of my vote analysis for D2 presumes limited bussing of Rjm, because the witch is such a powerful role; but that could be a flaw in my thinking.) I am particularly suspicious of the Vash wagon, which came up very quickly. There were four minutes there where the scum team felt they might pull it off, so maybe somebody let something slip or changed their tone between Mean’s vote for Vash and Maniac’s vote for Rjm.

Ezio

#1727 Post by Ezio » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:56 pm

Ez game ez life.

brainbomb

#1728 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Ezio wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:56 pm
Ez game ez life.
Ok chaqa.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1729 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:58 pm

Some boring and shitty EON reads because I don’t have time for this:

Town:

Fox - as before, he’s basically clear in my eyes. If this is still hard to fathom, let me know.

Tom - hasn’t played a particularly townie game but Rj’s vote on him on D2 has me fairly convinced that he’s town.

edit: apparently cop

ND - sigh…

RHK - his early play was genuine. I haven’t had a chance to read the case on him but even if it holds water, I don’t know that I’m going to want to vote for him.

MLQ - I don’t see a newbie coming in with the aggressiveness that she did if she were mafia. Even into D2, she’s tunneling Balki. Why? I don’t think her case has tons of merit to it but I certainly don’t think it has gotten worse or that she has backed off of it. She’s impressing me.

Scum:

dargomeme - darg was sort of scummy, and there is a decent case to be made against him for his treatment of the gun issue. I also found his interaction with Balki on N1 to be a little bit contrived, as in he didn’t want to go after him terribly hard:

“I find this odd: you did a bit of a read of me, and felt suspicious enough to question me. But you didn't seem to actually read me. (Or you would have known I was going to be absent at EoD) This does not seem like town-thorough Balki. It feels like throwing shade. But maybe you just didn't read this time as carefully as you usually do. Not sure it is scum-indicative, but it is unlike you.”

Within hours of the start of day 2, he says he decided to “lean more cheerfully at Balki.” He needed a scumread to fill out a quota for brain, and he gave one, without really giving it much thought at all, and then backed off of it. It seems to me like scumreading people that aren’t scum is hard for darg, so if darg flips scum then I certainly expect Balki to turn up town based on this interaction.

yavuz - already made half a case against him and haven’t seen anything to change my mind but I don’t have time to build on it right now. The way he followed me around like a lost puppy on ND still makes me cringe, especially after townreading ND constantly on D1, then voting for him without justification, and then scumreading him. It’s as if he made a mistake and he had to follow it.

Contrary to darg, if yavuz is scum, I expect Balki is as well. See EOD1; it’s pretty self explanatory.

rdrivera - if there’s a dark horse candidate right now, I think this is it. His votes are perfect so far. He jumped from Ezio to rj, making it a very tight EOD, on day 2, but he didn’t cast a decisive vote. Same goes for D1. He tied things up, but without casting a decisive vote. It seems to me like he’s bussing but he’s not trying to push his teammates over the edge. I expect that that is mostly town’s doing if rdrivera turns out to be scum.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1730 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 pm

READS

Foxcastle - Slight Town - Fox has been hunting without a real bias I can see, tunnels somewhat but was on Rj (Though not on Jamie)

ND - Slight Town - After catching hell D1, has fallen off and not taken part all that much. Was still a counterwagon to scum D1

bozotheclown - Null - I didn't like his lurking, but he answered my questions and frankly seems less scummy than others at this point.

Ezio - Null - Lurking signifigantly, while still being where all the other lurkers are parking their vote.

rdrivera2005 - Slight Scum - I find it odd that I've went from Town an hour before EoD to his highest scumread, based off of the flip, and my analysis of people that did not give reads N1. Seems way too hostile over that, and I think it's because I am/was onto something.

yavuzovic - Moderate Scum - Yavu's involvement in the game has fallen off a cliff. It's like he got exposed super early, and backed off to lick his wounds while the scumteam goes up in flames.

Balki Bartokomous - Slight Town - Was a counterwagon D1, and Rj was pushing him super hard, The only way I see Balki as scum, is if his and Jamie's fight day 1 was real, and all three other scum are new (yavu/rj/Mean, specifically)

reedeer1 - Null - Reedeer isn't taking part, due to an illness. I feel bad he's sick, but last time this happened with him, he was scum.

brainbomb - Moderate Town - At this point, I don't see brain being scum in nearly any situation. He's bragged about winning flawlessly as scum, Brain is too proud to be bussing that hard. However, he seems lonely lately without Rj to talk with and keep up with his post count. Counterclaimed cop...I dunno anymore. He's playing 50D Chutes and Ladders.

VashtaNeurotic - Moderate Town - Unless Vash is the Godfather, being the sole counterwagon is a pretty good indication he is town. Still needs to be around more than EoD.

Tom Bombadil - Town - Claimed Cop, fits with the hard Rj push.

Maniac - Confirmed Town

captainmeme - Null - Has provided as little as Darg, and what little the two have put together is 50/50 both ways.

thamrick - Scum - Missed both scum wagons. Townread by Jamie. Lowest scumread of Rj. Postcounts be dammned, tham is scum.

bo_sox48 - Null - Picks player, tunnels player, repeat. He's being useless.

MeanLaQueefa - Slight town - Was buddied hard by Rj, and offered up by Jamie when Rj started catching heat. Honestly, I still feel a sinister undertone when she posts, but I think it becuase I'm not used to seeing a new player come in and do really well.

If I die, look at rd and (less likely) fox.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1731 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Well, I think I'm going to survive. But, if I die, and you let MLQ survive another day, I will have words for you in the GOD thread.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1732 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Night has ended. Please hold.

thamrick

#1733 Post by thamrick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:00 pm

I don't have time to post a thorough reads list. I was hoping to do a full reread, but only made it to about page 40.

Right now, my strongest bad feeling is about rdrivera. I also worry that brainbomb isn't getting enough pressure, but he seems like he's doing everything pro-town. He has some very weird interactions with Rj D1.

I think Mean is another good investigation/lynch target for tomorrow. The RJ link is really strong. Jamiet townreading her is another notch against her. Her huge dropoff in activity for D2 is also suspicious to me.

Foxcastle is a pretty strong town. I still feel pretty good about RHK being town. I feel like he and I were in the same boats about Jamiet and Rj.

Balki looks good - see my case breakdown of the Jamiet-RJ-Mean-Balki connection

Yav is still weird. Don't let him not face any pressure tomorrow.

Ezio has seemed genuine in his limited posting.

Reedeer is fishy too. I guarantee there's a scum laying as low to the ground as possible right now. If they want any chance at being around endgame, they need a deep threat.

Unsure about Bo, Vashta, ND, and any others I didn't list

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1734 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Another night ends, another melted body found. Tragedy strikes again, as the pool of Dipped Toon is identified.

BRAINBOMB has DIED. He was Sylvester, the Vanilla Townie!

Day 3 has begun. You have 48 hours.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1735 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Ok. I redact. COP don’t CC me. I was trying to draw the NK. Was worth a shot. Before you yell at me for fakeclaiming because it could cause real cop to claim – my point is still sound, that with watcher around, cop being outed worst case scenario forces them to 1 for 1 trade.

Good work brain. RIP

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1736 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 pm

BAHAHAHAHA! I love you Brain. RIP.

Ezio

#1737 Post by Ezio » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Lol thanks mafia.

thamrick

#1738 Post by thamrick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Wow. Nice sacrifice BB. I was RB'd

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1739 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:09 pm

RIP brain. No rb.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1740 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 pm

Lol, of course they go for brain before he admits to a felony. Good looking out, mafia.