MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

#1621 Post by worcej » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:54 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 pm
Back and now I have ~50 pages to read to understand how BB was caught so early and why rdr was a wagon...

This will be a fun task lol...
Major bussing
Which makes some sense to do because besides appearing like a crazy dude, BB actually isn't a bad player and has good sense.

I am trying to find the truths in his lies (probably a dumb idea to do) but I am not seeing anything striking yet.

worcej

#1622 Post by worcej » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:04 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:02 pm
That's my man. It's pretty obvious that was a save attempt to brain.
How many times did you saw a last minute counter wagon to a scum that is another scum? In D1? I don't remember, feel free to post a link if someone find one.

Fox insisting that Bozo is scum and that he tried to tie to save me just makes me feel he is the scum. It makes no sense, even if you think I am scum, why scum Bozo would do something like that? It could end in three scum being lynched? Bozo is smart enough to not take this risk and Fox is smart enough to know it.
That type of action is in his scum playbook. I've caught him twice with it.

Vecna

#1623 Post by Vecna » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:09 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:35 pm
Day 1 VCA (and other stuff added in) for those on the Brain-Train
(Stay tuned for the Rdrivera wagoners and Off wagoners)

Durga - Her vote on brain is difficult to read. She began it as a weak vote on brain, but persisted throughout the day, saying at one point:
Durga wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:37 pm
Honestly I'm not even sure bb is scum. I just need him dead because I can't play properly if he's alive.
But citing a couple other reasons as well, like him spamming without real content, his faux anger, and him being detrimental to town as either alignment. All in all, Durga could be either alignment, but after re-reading, I really don’t think Durga would have behaved how she did to a scum teammate, even if it was brain. Likely town for her play.

Attorney -
Page 10:
Attorney wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:25 am
Just a metaread on brainbomb, he's town.
Page 12:
Attorney wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:30 pm
this is bb town meta
Page 29:
Attorney wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 pm
hiya
i'm just gonna provide a metaread on bb
brainbomb is wolf
generally the town bb isn't being like this amount of fluff
Continues by explaining that bb’s claim retract looks bad (a bit of hypocrisy now that Attorney himself has done just that), and votes brain. Complains repeatedly about brains spam, and continues asking people to look into Brain’s claim retraction
This post is pretty bad:
Attorney wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 pm
If people are on my wagon they need to be defending brainbomb as well.
But all in all, I don’t see Attorney as scum bussing here. Attorney is very likely town.

rdrivera 2005:
Rdrivera has a total of 5 posts. The first one is mechanics, the second and third is weak analysis of a single post.
In his fourth post, he says brains meltdown isn’t alignment indicative, but still votes for brain based on his claim retraction. It really looks like he is setting up an easy way for him to switch votes here.
But then, in his final post, instead of switching over to Attorney, he stays on brainbomb.
Based off of just what Rdrivera has done, he has no townie points for him. However, brain voted Rdrivera to make it 8-7 a brain lynch to 8-7 a rdrivera lynch with 2 minutes to go. At this point, brain already knew he was going to be modkilled, so it seems gamethrowing for him to do this if Rdrivera is scum, especially since Brain was the goon. I have a hard time believing Rdrivera is scum. The only way I can see Rdrivera as scum is if Brain’s teammates really did all pile onto him and Brain was so PO’d that he was trying to screw them over. very likely town.

Thamrick:
With 9 posts, thamrick really wasn’t that great day 1 either.
His vote on brain has no explanation. He accompanied it with the comment that Attorney is also a good lynch option. His vote made it 6-4 for brain to 7-4 for brain, but this was 10 hours to EoD. It looked like he was setting up a way to possibly bail ship from brain onto Attorney. However, he didn’t post at all again before EoD, so maybe he got too busy to switch his vote off of brain. If there was a scum on the brain train, Thamrick is a good option for a busser. Lean scum

ND:
I almost forgot ND was in this game. His posts make almost no comments on solving or alignments. Similarly to thamrick, he votes far out from EoD and disappears. His vote on brain was due to brain being detrimental to town, without a whole lot of explanation. ND voting brain also took it from 6-4 to 7-4 for brain. ND is another good option for a busser. Lean scum

Percy Williams:
Votes brain because he distracts, deceives, and derails. Percy has been… well a bit odd. His vote comes at a notable time though, taking the vote from 6-5 to 7-5 in favor of brain. With Percy being new, his stream of consciousness, and this vote where it is, I doubt Percy is scum here. Likely town

Bozotheclown:
Oh Bozo, tieing the vote. Bozo said multiple times throughout day 1 that he scumread brain, and to a lesser extent Attorney. Yet with 3:22 to go, he votes Ezio out of the blue. Then, with a minute to go, he switches over to Brain to tie the vote. I really can’t see Bozo being scum here, unless rdrivera is also somehow scum. Even then, I’m not sure mafia would put themselves out in the open like he did there. Likely town pending more info on rdrivera.

Of the brain train, I am town-reading all of the conservatives, with possible bussing by either thamrick or ND (but probably not both). If there is a con on brain, I would say it would probably be Durga though.
Two issues with this post:

1: Durga, in all her recent games, has been DIE-HARD bussing on day1. Focusing on the fact she tunneled down on brainbomb is completely NAI. Read her on play in days going forward, not on some stupid gimmick that she is known to do as scum all the time. (Check out the Ghug - durga and whoever else was scum, like 5 games ago where they had a bussing Trio on day1).

2: If Rdrivera and brainbomb were scum, this is actually a very plausible way y how Brainbomb wouldve acted it out. His vote on Rdrivera was very late. It would look awkward as fuck if he didnt vote there to save his hide. If he hadnt done it, no matter who wouldve ended up being lynched, it wouldve looked totally shitty on the other person. Does this by itself say anything about Rd's alignment? Fuck no. BUT, stop trying to deduce how brainbomb wouldve acted if youre gonna apply this level one silly thinking. It reeks. Badly. Brainbomb wasnt even slated to be modkilled. Jamiet gave him a warning. After which he STOPPED +1 'ing posts. He didnt try to get modkilled, he just wanted us to think so and he was skirting the lines as he often does. That is a possible interpretation at least. Dont go for the scenario just because it appears plausible.

Attorney

#1624 Post by Attorney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:09 pm

liike bb is a good player
but generally when he memes he is serious

Vecna

#1625 Post by Vecna » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:22 pm
@rdr

would it help if I explained more on why? :D

granted, none of it seems very good, but if you'd like I could.
:?

This sure seems to buckle quite hard, almost as if knowing Rdrivera had him by the balls and he was trying to defend himself against someone that he knew was town.

Durga

#1626 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 pm

When have I bussed? I never bus? Everyone knows I'm super against bussing. That's insane. What benefit did I get from brainbomb dying if I was scum?

"Read her on play in days going forward, not on some stupid gimmick that she is known to do as scum all the time"

Vecna WHAT. this is entirely contradictory to the way I play mafia

Are you blatantly lying or are you misinformed? I've been scum twice, and I don't recall bussing - certainly didn't bus the last time I was scum. And the only reason I may have bussed that stupid game with bo, ghug and CB was because CB was so openly scummy I had no choice.

Vecna

#1627 Post by Vecna » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Ezio wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm
Woah. Tom claimed conservative. So unless a town lied/didn't reveal their role, all the mafia are in the conservative pile and the non conservatives are literal townclears. 11 roles were conservative, 6 town 5 mafia. There are 10 people alive who claimed conservative and BB.

Hilarious. Evidently the mafia team didn't realize they needed to lie.
This post also feels very fake. Almost like he knows mafia is about to kill of a conservative because they know that two townies were actually lying, and he's amping up the wifom talk.

Durga

#1628 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:14 pm

what dumbass votes her scum partner and then goes "tbh i don't even know if he's scum or not i just want him dead cuz he sucks"

if i'm ever gonna bus (which I don't do anyway), i'm certainly not gonna absolve all my credit for it.

weird fucking post from vecna

Attorney

#1629 Post by Attorney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:16 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 pm
When have I bussed? I never bus? Everyone knows I'm super against bussing. That's insane. What benefit did I get from brainbomb dying if I was scum?

"Read her on play in days going forward, not on some stupid gimmick that she is known to do as scum all the time"

Are you blatantly lying or are you misinformed? I've been scum twice, and I don't recall bussing - certainly didn't bus the last time I was scum. And the only reason I may have bussed that stupid game with bo, ghug and CB was because CB was so openly scummy I had no choice.
wth

Vecna

#1630 Post by Vecna » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:16 pm

Durga wrote:

You started it on page 1

Completely unforced.

Purely by choice.

Hammering on Ghug and visa versa, right out of the gates

But sure, maybe im misinformed and just misremembering?

Im not saying that it 100% is what happened here. Im saying youre capable of this type of bussing, especially on people like Ghug and Brainbomb. I want people to be aware of my view of this matter. I dont care if im wrong. Strongly prefer being wrong and ignored - or proven wrong by future evidence - then just ignoring the possibility and watching you cruise to victory to a sleeping town in the (off)chance that you are scum.

Durga

#1631 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:13 pm
Ezio wrote:
Woah. Tom claimed conservative. So unless a town lied/didn't reveal their role, all the mafia are in the conservative pile and the non conservatives are literal townclears. 11 roles were conservative, 6 town 5 mafia. There are 10 people alive who claimed conservative and BB.

This post also feels very fake. Almost like he knows mafia is about to kill of a conservative because they know that two townies were actually lying, and he's amping up the wifom talk.
that post doesn't actually feel fake. it's possible that it happened. in which case this is the kind of game that needs a pre-game mafia chat where mafia can discuss the best strategy between them. it's unfortunate for everyone if that's actually what happened.

worcej

#1632 Post by worcej » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:14 pm
what dumbass votes her scum partner and then goes "tbh i don't even know if he's scum or not i just want him dead cuz he sucks"

if i'm ever gonna bus (which I don't do anyway), i'm certainly not gonna absolve all my credit for it.

weird fucking post from vecna
Now here is the Durga I always read as scum but turns out she is town... lol

Vecna

#1633 Post by Vecna » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:17 pm

And im saying this because I very vividly remember calling the interaction between you and Ghug, on page 1, as scum versus scum theater.

And being correct.

Durga

#1634 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:16 pm
Durga wrote:

You started it on page 1

Completely unforced.

Purely by choice.

Hammering on Ghug and visa versa, right out of the gates

But sure, maybe im misinformed and just misremembering?

Im not saying that it 100% is what happened here. Im saying youre capable of this type of bussing, especially on people like Ghug and Brainbomb. I want people to be aware of my view of this matter. I dont care if im wrong. Strongly prefer being wrong and ignored - or proven wrong by future evidence - then just ignoring the possibility and watching you cruise to victory to a sleeping town in the (off)chance that you are scum.
what? i genuinely don't know what you're talking about?

are you talking about the time i claimed and then my fucking scum teammate COUNTER CLAIMED ME? because no shit i had to hammer on him.

Attorney

#1635 Post by Attorney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:13 pm
Ezio wrote:

quite agreed

worcej

#1636 Post by worcej » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:18 pm

Durga wrote:

FWIW though, you have actively stated you need to work on your scum game. You actually going forward with something you 'hate' falls into the camp of 'working on your scum game'.

e.m.c^42

#1637 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:22 pm
@rdr

would it help if I explained more on why? :D

granted, none of it seems very good, but if you'd like I could.
:?

This sure seems to buckle quite hard, almost as if knowing Rdrivera had him by the balls and he was trying to defend himself against someone that he knew was town.
lol how so?

Durga

#1638 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:17 pm
And im saying this because I very vividly remember calling the interaction between you and Ghug, on page 1, as scum versus scum theater.

And being correct.
maybe. but i moved my vote from ghug if i did vote him (I think I ended on Hellenic Riot or someone non-scum, or not a main wagon d1, CB was lynched I think).

even in the world where i'm likely to bus (which isn't this world but go off). why would I do it the way that I did it here?

Durga

#1639 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:18 pm
Durga wrote:

FWIW though, you have actively stated you need to work on your scum game. You actually going forward with something you 'hate' falls into the camp of 'working on your scum game'.
lol uhhh no. you haven't seen me be scum properly. i just lurk

Durga

#1640 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:21 pm

anyway i think this discussion is pointless, i'm just shocked it's coming from vecna