MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

#1561 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Day 1 VCA (and other stuff added in) for those on the Brain-Train
(Stay tuned for the Rdrivera wagoners and Off wagoners)

Durga - Her vote on brain is difficult to read. She began it as a weak vote on brain, but persisted throughout the day, saying at one point:
Durga wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:37 pm
Honestly I'm not even sure bb is scum. I just need him dead because I can't play properly if he's alive.
But citing a couple other reasons as well, like him spamming without real content, his faux anger, and him being detrimental to town as either alignment. All in all, Durga could be either alignment, but after re-reading, I really don’t think Durga would have behaved how she did to a scum teammate, even if it was brain. Likely town for her play.

Attorney -
Page 10:
Attorney wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:25 am
Just a metaread on brainbomb, he's town.
Page 12:
Attorney wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:30 pm
this is bb town meta
Page 29:
Attorney wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 pm
hiya
i'm just gonna provide a metaread on bb
brainbomb is wolf
generally the town bb isn't being like this amount of fluff
Continues by explaining that bb’s claim retract looks bad (a bit of hypocrisy now that Attorney himself has done just that), and votes brain. Complains repeatedly about brains spam, and continues asking people to look into Brain’s claim retraction
This post is pretty bad:
Attorney wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 pm
If people are on my wagon they need to be defending brainbomb as well.
But all in all, I don’t see Attorney as scum bussing here. Attorney is very likely town.

rdrivera 2005:
Rdrivera has a total of 5 posts. The first one is mechanics, the second and third is weak analysis of a single post.
In his fourth post, he says brains meltdown isn’t alignment indicative, but still votes for brain based on his claim retraction. It really looks like he is setting up an easy way for him to switch votes here.
But then, in his final post, instead of switching over to Attorney, he stays on brainbomb.
Based off of just what Rdrivera has done, he has no townie points for him. However, brain voted Rdrivera to make it 8-7 a brain lynch to 8-7 a rdrivera lynch with 2 minutes to go. At this point, brain already knew he was going to be modkilled, so it seems gamethrowing for him to do this if Rdrivera is scum, especially since Brain was the goon. I have a hard time believing Rdrivera is scum. The only way I can see Rdrivera as scum is if Brain’s teammates really did all pile onto him and Brain was so PO’d that he was trying to screw them over. very likely town.

Thamrick:
With 9 posts, thamrick really wasn’t that great day 1 either.
His vote on brain has no explanation. He accompanied it with the comment that Attorney is also a good lynch option. His vote made it 6-4 for brain to 7-4 for brain, but this was 10 hours to EoD. It looked like he was setting up a way to possibly bail ship from brain onto Attorney. However, he didn’t post at all again before EoD, so maybe he got too busy to switch his vote off of brain. If there was a scum on the brain train, Thamrick is a good option for a busser. Lean scum

ND:
I almost forgot ND was in this game. His posts make almost no comments on solving or alignments. Similarly to thamrick, he votes far out from EoD and disappears. His vote on brain was due to brain being detrimental to town, without a whole lot of explanation. ND voting brain also took it from 6-4 to 7-4 for brain. ND is another good option for a busser. Lean scum

Percy Williams:
Votes brain because he distracts, deceives, and derails. Percy has been… well a bit odd. His vote comes at a notable time though, taking the vote from 6-5 to 7-5 in favor of brain. With Percy being new, his stream of consciousness, and this vote where it is, I doubt Percy is scum here. Likely town

Bozotheclown:
Oh Bozo, tieing the vote. Bozo said multiple times throughout day 1 that he scumread brain, and to a lesser extent Attorney. Yet with 3:22 to go, he votes Ezio out of the blue. Then, with a minute to go, he switches over to Brain to tie the vote. I really can’t see Bozo being scum here, unless rdrivera is also somehow scum. Even then, I’m not sure mafia would put themselves out in the open like he did there. Likely town pending more info on rdrivera.

Of the brain train, I am town-reading all of the conservatives, with possible bussing by either thamrick or ND (but probably not both). If there is a con on brain, I would say it would probably be Durga though.

xorxes

#1562 Post by xorxes » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:33 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:23 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:41 pm
Moscow slot is probably scum
Is it because Tom was so quick to give you town points for something that was hardly worth anything (asking him to reveal his party before telling him who else had revealed)?

But if that was the case, you would have said Tom, not "Moscow slot". So it must be something about Moscow. What makes you think that slot is scum? Don't keep us guessing.
i'm going off of moscow's first and only post. it's a weird post. i wasn't even in the last game
Presumably that's why he was complaining he had not been able to vote for you.

The comment about not knowing who his teammates are yet was definitely odd, but the whole thing sounded like a joke post to me.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1563 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Well, I get back to game to see I was almost lynched while absent for absolutelly no decent reason other being a lurker or "why not"? And Bozo saved me (thanks Bozo). I just read the EOD, and need to write, so if I am missing something that happen at night sorry.
I know I have a unique view as only I can be sure I am town, but I am 100% sure there was an attempt to save Brain at EOD. Attorney wagon wasn´t going nowhere and Xorxes and Vecna (both widely townread) were voting me. So, I was a good choice for a counter wagon for scum Brain. The two votes I find really atrocious are emc and Fox.

Emc cast an almost vote on me, hedgy, sheeping Vecna and Xorxes and still seting up for a move if my wagon don´t get steam:
↑Vecna: "because rdrivera became a thing"

it's not really a thing atm, but I ought to try voting not in the last 10 mins of EOD

so ##vote rdrivera2005 for now, still waiting for all those non-entity catchup peeps kek

I can't say I know him well enough to judge those 5 posts, but I'll tentatively somewhat believe in Vecna and xorxes for now....and if he's that busy I doubt we'll get a lot more from him; but am waiting to see if/when rdr comes on in the next 30 mins, don't mind switching off.
But I didn´t came back and he hold still on the vote.

Then came Fox that solidly scumread Attorney and cast this vote:
↑Vecna: "join us foxy, this can be a thing"

Yeah, I'm pretty tempted. But I am also a lot more sure of my attorney vote than rdrivera...

On the other hand, Brain (7) v. Attorney (4) v. Rdrivera (4) could be interesting, and the lack of movement today is worrying.

##VOTE RDRIVERA
This vote makes absolutelly no-sense. Why tying me with his top scumread is a good move? Why be so hedgy on his vote ('it´s tempting, but", "the lack of movement..."), like seting a good excuse after I flip town.

Flash vote is also of note, he droped Attorney with 10 minutes to go claiming he want to make his vote usefull (at least a better reasoning).

I am pretty sure at least one and probably two of this three are scum and my bet would be Fox and emc.

Now let me read the night posts

e.m.c^42

#1564 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:22 pm

@rdr

would it help if I explained more on why? :D

granted, none of it seems very good, but if you'd like I could.

Ezio

#1565 Post by Ezio » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Woah. Tom claimed conservative. So unless a town lied/didn't reveal their role, all the mafia are in the conservative pile and the non conservatives are literal townclears. 11 roles were conservative, 6 town 5 mafia. There are 10 people alive who claimed conservative and BB.

Hilarious. Evidently the mafia team didn't realize they needed to lie.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1566 Post by flash2015 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Ezio wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm
Woah. Tom claimed conservative. So unless a town lied/didn't reveal their role, all the mafia are in the conservative pile and the non conservatives are literal townclears. 11 roles were conservative, 6 town 5 mafia. There are 10 people alive who claimed conservative and BB.

Yes, I would almost argue that the prime minister should announce themselves now as the prime minister PR role is almost useless...and that will give us one of the two conservative town clears town need to guarantee a win.

Ezio

#1567 Post by Ezio » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:41 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm
Ezio wrote:

Yes, I would almost argue that the prime minister should announce themselves now as the prime minister PR role is almost useless...and that will give us one of the two conservative town clears town need to guarantee a win.
Nah wait a bit, at least past EoN. It's likely enough a single town decided to mess with the plan to avoid perfect info for the mafia. The townclear is gonna be a clear later.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1568 Post by flash2015 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:50 pm

Ezio wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:41 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Nah wait a bit, at least past EoN. It's likely enough a single town decided to mess with the plan to avoid perfect info for the mafia. The townclear is gonna be a clear later.
You are right. There isn't a rush to do this right now.

bozotheclown

#1569 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:46 pm
the entire scumteam is voting me :lol:
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 pm
I mean Im claiming scum. I dunno what more youre asking for lol. my team decided en masse to just slaughter me day 1
It was looking likely that brainbomb was getting lynched, I doubt he would repeat this if it were true or close to being true.

Attorney

#1570 Post by Attorney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Ezio wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:41 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Ezio wrote:

yeah
bb claimed then retracted which was pretty bad
so whatever townie messed with the plan is a confclear, is that right xorx?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1571 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:58 pm

The rdrivera wagon:

Xorxes:
This guy is pretty clearly town, but lets take a look anyway. He comments that brain is acting weird, and votes for him early on. Continues to push on brain the first half of day 1, then pressure votes for Moscow just past the midway mark. Jumps back to brain after brain claims scum. After brain says it is a typo, he goes back to Moscow. Quickly changes to rdrivera for his explanation of brain’s meltdown, 10 hours out from EoD. Makes a couple more posts after that, then disappears and doesn’t return to EoD.
Seems like Xorxes still scumread brain but wanted to push rdrivera since no one else was. If Xorxes is scum, this would be good play in avoiding EoD and having his vote off of brain. Occam’s razor though, Xorxes is very likely town, and just happened to miss EoD. Question for you though Xorxes, did you have a stronger scumread on rdrivera or brain at EoD?

Vecna:
Shades brain all of day 1, but never comments on brain’s alignment directly. In response to me saying brain is a slam dunk scum, he says:
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 pm
I feel you should know better than this by now?

like, its possible, sure......

but a slamdunk? wut?
Seems like Vecna is distancing himself from brain.
Votes Ezio 4 hours out from D1 because of Ezio’s push back against Xorxes plan no. 2. After the burst of posts from Vecna (92 posts day 1), I would think Vecna would have had a better reason to vote someone day 1. Throughout day 1 quotes Rdrivera’s posts with one sentence statements that they are suspicious, without explanation why. Then 2 and a half hours out from EoD1, he votes rdrivera, just quoting Xorxes vote. An hour later, gives an explanation for rdrivera being scum:
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:32 pm
town rdrivera always thinks and comments nearly the same shit as me wheb catching up. his posting and reasoning always has a distinct logic i can follow or agree with.

His only three posts lacked that. two of them I felt completely diffeerent on the topic, and they have a scent of him just trying to discuss currently hot topics to appear to be partaking.
So I guess disagreeing with Vecna is grounds for being scum. An hour out says that the welcome wagons are: Rdrivera, ike, percy, ND, Ezio. Explicitly leaving brain off the list, but not saying why he is or isn’t scum.
When bozo asked him why he left the Ezio wagon, Vecna said :
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:24 pm
because rdrivera became a thing
Which I find weird because Xorxes was the only voting for rdrivera when Vecna switched.
He even follows that post up with:
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:32 pm
join us foxy, this can be a thing
All of Vecna’s posts put together make it look like Vecna could very likely be trying to save brainbomb while distancing from brain. Possible scum

EMC:
An indirect shading of brain voters:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:19 pm
is it just me, or are like half the votes on Brain kinda anchor votes?
like, the reasoning follows something along the lines of "lemme catch up, gonna vote brain for now"
Another quote indirecting shading someone voting brain, in response to Percy voting Brain:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Do you have any thoughts on other players?

at the moment, it seems that all you're is just jumping on the bandwagon; following popular consensus doesn't really seem damning but only doing it without other stuff? yeah xD
I could post more, but emc spends some time day 1 going after people voting brain.
Doesn’t mention rdrivera until 2 hours before EoD, when he makes a somewhat confusing comment on rdrivera - something about wanting to know if rdrivera’s opinion of brain changed regarding fake claiming.
Then with 29 minutes to go places his first vote, on rdrivera, for the sole purpose of sheeping Xorxes and Vecna. With 7 minutes to go, posts more detail on Rdrivera, again citing other people’s opinions as reasoning to both not vote brain and vote rdrivera. Highly suspect behavior in vca, possible scum.

Foxcastle:
Defended Brain day 1, for several reasons that I obviously disagree with. Let’s put those reasons aside though, and look at some other parts of Foxy’s play.
One thing that really bugged me about some of the rdrivera voter was this idea, that I took from one of Foxy’s posts (but really multiple people shared this same idea):

Also, if he's scum, he'll out himself, so we don't need to waste a lynch on him Day 1.

I’m a bit perplexed by this statement. You are saying that we should vote for rdrivera over brain, because brain doesn’t have enough content to tell whether he is scum or not, but rdrivera does? Brain is the top poster, and rdrivera is at the bottom (besides Moscow) for day 1.
7 hours out from EoD1, he makes his first comment on rdrivera, asking him to move his anchor vote off of Brain. 3 hours to go he says Rdrivera is one of his top suspects behind Attorney (who he is voting for). With 2:18 to go, says he wants to vote Rdrivera because he is unreadable. Votes for Rdrivera with 24 minutes left, putting it at 7-4-4.
Although I disagree with a lot of the things Fox has said, he has been pretty consistent in his posting. I also don’t see scum Fox as openly defending brain like he did day 1. Likely town

Ezio:
Spends most of the first half of day 1 arguing against the Xorxes plan 2 and in favor of Xorxes plan 1. At about the midmark, he casts a naked vote on attorney, town reads Xorxes and vapor, and scumread me. With an hour to go, he says he wants the day to be rdr vs attorney, with no explanation on why rdr should be a wagon, but does give reasoning on attorney. He cites the “dont lynch brain because he will reveal himself later” line. Then with 12 minutes left puts a naked vote on rdrivera. His vote made the wagons 8-5 brain-rdr. Very possibly saving brain, also didn’t like his pushback on the plan. Very likely scum.

Flash:
Votes emc early for hedginess. Naked vote on attorney. Talks about mechanics a bit. Gives a slight town read to brain for being quiter. More filler posts. Comments that he doesn’t like the brain wagon because brain is being brain, but does like the attorney wagon (but doesn’t say why). When the attorney wagon dissolves, he votes rdrivera because he can’t see brain as scum, but can with rdrivera. Could be saving brain here, but flash is always a hard character to read, especially since we don’t have any scum meta on him. possible scum

Vaporwave:
His views on brain was that he was 90% town, even though he found brain’s “townslip” curious. He moves his vote around quite a bit, from xorxes to durga to attorney to unvote to vecna to rdrivera to attorney to rdrivera. His votes on rdrivera don’t come with an explanation (although he did say he didn’t like his vote on brain). Vapor was a bit all over the place day 1, which has me townreading him. I think he was saving rdrivera, but from a misguided town perspective, not a scum perspective. Likely town

Alright, so on the rdrivera wagon, my scumpile is:
Cons: ezio, flash
Noncons: Vecna, emc

Hmmm… Vecna probably isn’t scum here actually since he is a non-con and I scumread emc more.

Jamiet99uk

#1572 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:00 pm

BREAKING NEWS

There is a sudden flurry of late night media activity around Westminster as the Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, David Davis MP, announces his intention to resign from the Cabinet!

The Prime Minister, thanking Mr Davies for his work, promises that a new Brexit Secretary will be named in the Morning.

Night 1 ends in THREE hours.

Attorney

#1573 Post by Attorney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:01 pm

ayyayay
In this scenario i could see fox being dup leader
percy actually could be town

Attorney

#1574 Post by Attorney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:05 pm

squiggs
u first said that fox was very like scum
then 5 posts later you said foxy was likely town
what are your reasons for this?

Attorney

#1575 Post by Attorney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 pm

Attorney wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:05 pm
squiggs
u first said that fox was very like scum
then 5 posts later you said foxy was likely town
what are your reasons for this?
oops i misread

RagingIke297

#1576 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Alrighty peoples, I have returned, we'll start here:
thamrick wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:10 am
@Ike - I'm with you on flash and Foxy. Do you think Squigs was hard-bussing? What makes you scumread Squigsy? What makes you have Ezio as your top scum? Assuming your list was scummiest to least scummy?
I think that Squigs was hard busing and using his math skillz to make it look like he was spearheading the idea with Xorxes while not particularly adding anything. Those were listed in no particular order, I was taking an educated guess at the scum team based on party membership and scum reads.
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:42 am
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:48 am
Ladies and Gentlemen, please give it up for your M43 SCUUUUUMMMMM TEEEAAAMMMMMMMM!!!

There's no gun, so we gotta lynch em, EZIOOOOOOO!

He finally rolled scum after all this time, FLASSSSSHHHHH!

Getting back into the swing of things, it's FOX! CASTLLLLLLLE!

And last but not least, the ladies go goo goo for him, it's naughty cop SQUIIIIIIIIIGS!

That's all for this week folks, tune in next week to get an updated cast or catch our special episode "The Lynching of Durga" but be sure to keep an eye out, its has a surprise mystery release date.
Can you explain this to me? I don't really see how you arrived at this?
Not a whole lot of explaining to do, Ezio being against the mass claim, flash just not looking good, Foxcastle does this thing when he's scum where he picks someone to fight and I saw it a few times with him and Durga I believe, Squigs I answered in the last question.
xorxes wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:47 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:15 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:02 am
Let me just say though, what a fucking fantastic scum strategy on brainbombs part.
Yeah, if this was a ploy by BB then I would be 100% pocketed, but given things he said and knowing where he's at right now with mafia there's no way this was faked
Ike, what's your updated take on this? Was bb being genuine in defending you from bad Durga, or was he being a scum fanning the flames?
I honestly don't think it was an in game thing at all, maybe part of it might be motivated by his being scum and even if it did get some flames going they're all out now. I think that Durga is town, I've had several moments where I'll read a post of hers like the one about Tom being scum and I'll have thought the same thing and not bothered to post about it yet .
flash2015 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:13 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:07 pm
I see there's like 4 @me's, I'll get to them before EON
Why were you STILL on Vaporwave at the end Ike? He is confirmed town unless there is a CC.
I answered this already, but I'll quote my answer since I'm a nice guy. Are you trying to play games with me because I called you a scumbo? Post is below:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:00 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:56 am
bozo and damo should not be our concerns

I'm not willing to tinfoil on Durga, she smashed the bomb into pieces

RagingIke, someone talk about his scum meta

he was present but his vote was stale, his last vote was on me for pressure

Ike, why did you stay passive for EOD?
Two things, first I wasn't posting for the last 16ish hours of EOD because I didn't love a GM decision that had been made, that stopped just after EOD, secondly EOD falls at a very inconvenient time for me, it's really hit or miss.

Finally I have some thoughts on this bad boy:
worcej wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:59 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:51 pm
I don't really think all scum were voting for brainbomb, I made that comment based on what brainbomb said, I had not examined in detail who had voted for him yet. It would be very surprising if none of his teammates bussed him though.
Maybe this will help or not, based on the last game (BB was scum) and observing how he played scum, but he had a tendency to mixed a lot of truth in his lies. I would not be shocked in the slightest if the 3/1 and 2/2 option are the reality.

Even with a mod-kill, which I am guessing he tried to force Jaime to do based on a very very quick scan, I imagine he still wins if scum pull this out.

TL;DR - I think hyper focusing on the blues is what we should avoid doing. There is almost certainly a scum in the reds as well.
We 100% need to hyper focus on blues, there is a real good chance there is more than 2 scum in there and our odds are much better of finding them.

Attorney

#1577 Post by Attorney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:15 pm

i have much posts

xorxes

#1578 Post by xorxes » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:18 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Definitely not now, that makes zero sense.

And the role is not at all useless since it gives us a clear that can prove themselves easily.

RagingIke297

#1579 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Anyone else got any questions for me?

xorxes

#1580 Post by xorxes » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:51 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:46 pm
the entire scumteam is voting me :lol:
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 pm
I mean Im claiming scum. I dunno what more youre asking for lol. my team decided en masse to just slaughter me day 1
It was looking likely that brainbomb was getting lynched, I doubt he would repeat this if it were true or close to being true.
What he says is totally WIFOM, but looking at the wagons it's very unlikely that more than two scum would be bussing him. Maybe just one, outside chance none.