Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1401 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:30 am

@Dargo - Let me explain: we are at 9, 6 town, 3 scum.If we lynch town it's 5-3. Then scum NK and it's 4-3. But if Bo is DD then it's 3-3 and game over.

@Xorxes - I still think you are scum and I am pretty sure you will vote me. But you have a point. ##vote Ezio

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1402 Post by dargorygel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:19 am

I doubt xorxes is going to add his vote to his own train. So he won't be voting to save rdriviera. So i will move my vote.

Either rdrivera or ezio.

I didn't like rdrivera's response to my brilliant idea. (I would like to hear what others think of it. But we can't do it now, I think. IF, as I think, rdrivera is scum, he has nothing to lose by adding his vote to any other vote on the voting list. Since it looks like he is getting lynched anyway. He could get rid of a townie, at only a sacrifice of himself. THIS makes me a little confused as to why he didn't support the idea. But maybe his busy day didn't let him think it through.)

So...

##VOTE RDRIVERA2005

bozotheclown

#1403 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:21 am

If our votes are spread out at EOD like they are now, we will definitely lose, as scum can make sure a town is lynched.

I have little doubt at this point that rdrivera is scum, I only question if he is bussing xorxes and/or Ezio. Right now I still lean town on xorxes, but scum on Ezio.

I see rdrivera, Ezio, and thamrick as the likely scum team, but bo_sox still can't be ruled out.

bozotheclown

#1404 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:25 am

@dargorygel: I think rdrivera pointed out the problem with your plan to come across as town. We can't afford a mislynch today, so we can't give scum the opportunity to switch their vote to a town at the last minute.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1405 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:05 am

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:19 am
I doubt xorxes is going to add his vote to his own train. So he won't be voting to save rdriviera. So i will move my vote.

Either rdrivera or ezio.

I didn't like rdrivera's response to my brilliant idea. (I would like to hear what others think of it. But we can't do it now, I think. IF, as I think, rdrivera is scum, he has nothing to lose by adding his vote to any other vote on the voting list. Since it looks like he is getting lynched anyway. He could get rid of a townie, at only a sacrifice of himself. THIS makes me a little confused as to why he didn't support the idea. But maybe his busy day didn't let him think it through.)

So...

##VOTE RDRIVERA2005
If you really think your plan is something other then a big bullshit after I show you the numbers there is little I can do to avoid town losing. Seems the options are lynching me (scum wins) or allowing scum to lynch anyone that they want at EOD by splitting the votes between all players. Am I wrong about Bozo and you are the last scum?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1406 Post by dargorygel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:13 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:25 am
@dargorygel: I think rdrivera pointed out the problem with your plan to come across as town. We can't afford a mislynch today, so we can't give scum the opportunity to switch their vote to a town at the last minute.
I agree
Thus my vote.

bozotheclown

#1407 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:59 am

We need at least 4 town voting together on the same scum today to ensure a scum lynch. We know rdrivera or Ezio is scum, possibly both. I think it is unlikely a scum Ezio would claim the same nametag that a town already claimed, so I think rdrivera is scum whether or not Ezio is scum. Also, Foxcastle is our only town clear and he is voting for rdrivera. I think our best chance at this point is for the remaining town to vote rdrivera. It is not enough for all town members to be voting for scum today, we have to be voting for the same scum.

xorxes

#1408 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:47 am

##VOTE rdrivera

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1409 Post by dargorygel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:32 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:34 pm
thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:25 pm
Yeah. I think it's a possibility that Ezio fake CC'd. It's also a possibility that you lied. You've said it's hard for you to be active on the weekends rdrivera. Are you going to be able to be around the next two days? It's pretty critical that we're able to sort this out if town has any chance.
Tham, I told you I would be out on a tournament most of the day. I left at morning and get back to this. I will be around tonight and most of tomorrow, but I have a life and a family.
For me it's pretty obvious what's happening, but I don't know how to convince you. If it isn't lylo I would say for you to lynch me and then Ezio and Bozo, but we can't do that.
Aye, rdrivera... and your regular practice of spending time with your family instead of neglecting them to play Mafia is one of the things that I usually like about you. However, when scum has 'externals' effecting their game-play they trot out the family as an excuse. When town has 'externals' effecting their game-play they (and you, usually) mention their activities so that town can understand. tbh, this sounds mighty excusey. :-/
If I read your last statement without the 'but I have a life and family' line... the tone of the message changes dramatically to a much more town sounding line.
I realize that this MIGHT be a translation thing. But to me, it simply adds to the scum-feel of you in this game.

Foxcastle

#1410 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Bozo, I am not stuck on Rdrivera. For one thing, I wanted to generate some more discussion rather than everyone jumping on Xorxes and giving up for the weekend.

Less than 10 hours to go.

Rereading rdrivera...

He calls Snowy's reaction ("eh minor loss at best") to losing Dr. Vash townie, and also nesdunk ("Changing to ##VOTE Vecna after that. Where's the motive? Suspicious."). Given that nesdunk is new, that looks fine, but also, why isn't he thinking it through and considering that Vecna was the Fated Gun? He was one of the first reactions and there was still plenty of confusion for several pages, but there's not even a "what's going on here?" He seemed like a thoughtful player (until he dropped out) trying to be smart about the game, and I'm not sure the reaction vote on Vecna fit with that. Also, with ghug and I both cleared, the theory that one of us was the roleblocker and holstering now falls to to nesdunk...

On the DD tag discussion, Rdrivera wasn't too hasty to jump on either wagon and suggested Xorxes and Bozo as other possible lynches. He did prefer lynching me over ghug ("If I have to choose I will vote Fox as I have been townreading Ghug on his reactions game long and Fox reaction to pressure seems less natural"), and I wonder if he positioning to get two town lynches out of that if he thought ghug was being scumread more than me. But it's pretty thin, and could be townplay.

The Ezio counterclaim on Peterlund is pretty damning. But I also believe that scum-Ezio could be trying to mislynch town-rdrivera, knowing that Bo_sox is town and ended up with the DD tag, thus putting us at LyLo today.

What do we think about going back to Xorxes as a pretty safe bet on scum?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1411 Post by dargorygel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:59 pm

I could do that...

Foxcastle

#1412 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Darg, what do you think of Durga's roleblocker theory? Why do you think no one has reported being roleblocked? If the roleblocker isn't me or ghug, why isn't it you/nesdunk?

Foxcastle

#1413 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:10 pm

##VOTE XORXES

bozotheclown

#1414 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Durga's theory was a good idea, but it was probably just wrong. nesdunk was eliminated as a DD possibility D2, just the N1 lack of a RB leads to nesdunk as the possible role blocker. There probably was another reason for the lack of a RB.

bozotheclown

#1415 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:01 pm

@Foxcastle: I am not as convinced about xorxes as I am about rdrivera. Also, we can't afford to divide the town votes, and I am not sure if everyone on rdrivera will be back online to change their vote.

Foxcastle

#1416 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Well, I'm not as convinced about rdrivera as I am about Bozo...

And if everyone on rdrivera wants to sit there because they have better things to do on a Sunday, well, maybe future game days shouldn't end on weekends and default the game to scum.

But I think huddling on rdrivera is a worse idea than huddling on Xorxes. Because if most people think Xorxes is scum, and we manage to not lynch him two days in a row, and he is scum and town loses for it... We'll look even stupider than we do now.

Ezio

#1417 Post by Ezio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:19 pm

If everyone is going onto xorxes I'll move with the crowd onto him, but I'm going to be sticking with RD unless he's going to retract his peterlund claim.

Bozo is starting to look really suspicious.

Foxcastle

#1418 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:25 pm

@Ezio, in prior games you've been a lot lurkier (and ended up being town). Why are you more engaged in this game?

thamrick

#1419 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:43 pm

@Foxy - I'd prefer you didn't say which wagon you were planning on being on. If it's a town wagon, scum can just follow you onto it and say they were sheeping the clear.

Foxcastle

#1420 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Yeah, I haven't decided where to end up.

Do you think Bozo could be scum, Tham? I pretty much disagree with all of his strategic decisions on how to process this game, but I'm not sure that makes him scum...