MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1361 Post by xorxes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:51 pm

This is exactly the logic that might compel scum!xorxes to fakeclaim Survivor.
Risking one scum member just to prevent a potential NK fail?
Assuming that the real survivor might not CC (because whadda-ya-know, have we had a counterclaim? No we have not!), and relying on the assumption that town will not bother to lynch you.
That's very short term thinking though, the real survivor would claim sooner rather than later. The real survivor will obviously counterclaim when they are in danger of being lynched, and I think the reason damo is voting for me now is because he thinks he might need to counterclaim to save himself and his claim would be less believable if he had not opposed me earlier.

Hopefully I'm wrong about damo and he is actually scum, but I'm pretty convinced I'm right about him. Let's hear what he has to say.

yuuki

#1362 Post by yuuki » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm
##VOTE CHAQA

Removing the survivor, the majority of people who are not Gladiators are scum and I believe Chaqa just scumslipped.
Agreed.

##VOTE CHAQA

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1363 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm
##VOTE CHAQA

Removing the survivor, the majority of people who are not Gladiators are scum and I believe Chaqa just scumslipped.
I mean, if that's what you want to think, but I mainly just wish I could challenge xorxes right this moment.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1364 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:21 pm

##SENATE NOTE
ARENA REPORT Day II Count II

First, a SENATOR never should admit that a senator was wrong. But this senator apologies to the gladiators for being unnecessarily grumpy.

Votes for the gladiator, “Hosuke” were not counted… because the cleric muttered, “these people can’t even remember for ONE DAY my request to write votes properly.” However, upon reflection, this Senatorial Cleric’s early statement to the room regarded Form/spelling, not a natural abbreviation for ItsHosuke’s name. And so, the vote count will reflect the votes cast. The Holy Bot will not recognize the name, “Hosuke,” yet, but that will come.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1365 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:21 pm

##SENATE NOTE
ARENA REPORT Day II Count II

XORXES (4) chaqa, demonRHK, damo, vapor
Chaqa (3) xorxes, jamie, yuuki
DAMO666 (2) vecna
DEMONRHK (1) Nephthys

Presently, the gladiators are planning to kill xorxes

Unvoting Gladiators: Carambola, emc, ItsHosuke, Percy, Ike, rdr, Temasek, worcj
LOTS of time left in the day

Vaporwave

#1366 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 pm

##VOTE Chaqa

this is too funny

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1367 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:41 pm

:shrug:

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1368 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 pm

We have a Chaqa wagon going because Jamie is standing on semantics? Ok then...

As far as xorx goes, my vote had nothing to do with the claim. As of now my vote stays.

I'm not a fan of many of the voteers on the Chaqa wagon, but I'm still wanting to push Hosuke as well. He's went nearly radio silent since he escaped D1 and I don't like it, I think he's not only scum but one of their non-jailor PRs.

Jamiet99uk

#1369 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:55 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 pm

As far as xorx goes, my vote had nothing to do with the claim. As of now my vote stays.

I'm not a fan of many of the voteers on the Chaqa wagon, but I'm still wanting to push Hosuke as well. He's went nearly radio silent since he escaped D1 and I don't like it, I think he's not only scum but one of their non-jailor PRs.
Semantics? Chaqa accidentally himself not to be either the Survivor or one of the many Gladiators, in such a way that suggests he totally forgot that "Lesser Gladiator" is the VT name - further suggesting it's not the role he got in his PM. I think that's more than semantics.

Jamiet99uk

#1370 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:55 pm

*accidentally revealed

Jamiet99uk

#1371 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm

God forbid we try to solve the game by paying attention to things people say. How silly of me!!

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1372 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm
God forbid we try to solve the game by paying attention to things people say. How silly of me!!
As I've been told many times. Focusing on something like this may be wrong. You're over here shouting 'AH-HA! GOTCHA! VT IS TECHINACLLY A GLADIATOR!' vs. talking about the gladiating(?) mechanic that like 5 fucking roles has.

You're voting to lynch a mother fucker over flavor vs. mechanics. I don't buy it currently.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1373 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 pm

Why is this time the slam dunk against every 'you know what they meant' in games of the past?

Jamiet99uk

#1374 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
As I've been told many times. Focusing on something like this may be wrong. You're over here shouting 'AH-HA! GOTCHA! VT IS TECHINACLLY A GLADIATOR!' vs. talking about the gladiating(?) mechanic that like 5 fucking roles has.

You're voting to lynch a mother fucker over flavor vs. mechanics. I don't buy it currently.
It may be wrong, but it could very well be right. Plus Chaqa's response was super weak even as the votes flew onto him. He was just like "uhh I didn't mean that" and sloped off quietly.

yuuki

#1375 Post by yuuki » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 pm

When Chaqa flips scum, you are next

Jamiet99uk

#1376 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:11 pm

Yeah it's weird Chaqa hardly defends himself yet in swoops Chainsaw CharlieRHK.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1377 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

It may be wrong, but it could very well be right. Plus Chaqa's response was super weak even as the votes flew onto him. He was just like "uhh I didn't mean that" and sloped off quietly.
That is a good and fair point. I am just personally not sold on the wagon, but I think keeping pressure is a good idea for a better explanation or (god forbid) get some more activity from him.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1378 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I mean, I don't have much to say about it. I don't really ever respond to vote pressure because I know there's little chance this pressure lasts. And I'm also working, so I'm in and out a bit.

Jamiet99uk

#1379 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:13 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

That is a good and fair point. I am just personally not sold on the wagon, but I think keeping pressure is a good idea for a better explanation or (god forbid) get some more activity from him.
Yes, perhaps Action Chaqa went to put on his sports gear, and he'll be back soon to lead us to glory by finding scum after scum.

Or maybe he will slink around and just kinda keep pushing Xorxes even though his reason for voting Xorxes was based entirely on a claim which Xorxes has now retracted.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1380 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:18 pm

Both of you have played with me enough to know that I'm not that involved in the first few days of the game ever. Too many people, too little information, too much based on bad reasonings. My wagon for example.

Xorxes is suspicious to me because of his initial claim, yes. The fact he played so dumb about it and came up with some convoluted reasoning just doesn't seem like something he would do normally, so I'm voting for him.

If we want sheer information, xorxes is a great lynch in utilitarian value as he was a pusher of the Prado wagon, was a polarizing Day 1-2 figure, and has been the basis of quite a bit of discussion. Knowing his alignment is valuable on many fronts and the fact he is being scummy as hell is the reason to vote for him as well.