M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#1281 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 am

bozo I would like you to reread your question several times
I do not know what you are getting at.
I think it's a stupid question with no worthwhile answer is what I'm getting at. What does it tell you about his alignment? Why is this a thought worth pursuing?
My speculation has been that Maniac would be more likely to announce he did not read his role PM as scum than as town. M7 showed that he has considered not finding out the identity of his teammates as a scum strategy. If Maniac really did not read his role PM, it seems the reason to announce it would be to inform his scum teammates, and Maniac seemed to admit that, which is not the reason he gave initially:
Maniac wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:22 pm
Hello all. I was going to say it’s good to be back, but jeez the game has gotten
Complicated hasn’t it? Think I’ll have to have a few read throughs.

What’s this about banning the word ‘Lyn*h’? What’s all that about?

##VoteFluminator because he dragged me back into this destroyer of time.

I’m going to lurk a little at times because I’m still pretty busy, and other times I’ll post mini-novels.

Haven’t yet read my DM, see if I can figure out who’s who without knowing who I am. That might be fun.

Hello to all the players I haven’t played with before. Is anyone new or have you all played before?
So, I think either Maniac was deceiving us about not reading his role PM, or deceiving us about the reason he was not reading his role PM.

worcej

#1282 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Nanook wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:30 pm
Yeah disinterest is super scummy you’ve certainly got that right

Idk I’m not usually gonna get super invested in a game where immediately on entering the thread someone’s a dick for no apparent reason besides their lack of sleep, followed up by being routinely insulted and called useless etc.

So yeh my investment here is fairly low d1, I’ll solve the game or most of it eventually if left alive if not then it’s whatever, do what you will 🤷‍♀️
Not everyone is able to play with the adults I guess...

You can sub out if you want - no one is making you stay if you don't enjoy it. And there is no sarcasm meant in this.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1283 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:34 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm
TrPrado wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I think it's a stupid question with no worthwhile answer is what I'm getting at. What does it tell you about his alignment? Why is this a thought worth pursuing?
My speculation has been that Maniac would be more likely to announce he did not read his role PM as scum than as town. M7 showed that he has considered not finding out the identity of his teammates as a scum strategy. If Maniac really did not read his role PM, it seems the reason to announce it would be to inform his scum teammates, and Maniac seemed to admit that, which is not the reason he gave initially:
Maniac wrote:
Hello all. I was going to say it’s good to be back, but jeez the game has gotten

I’m going to lurk a little at times because I’m still pretty busy, and other times I’ll post mini-novels.

Haven’t yet read my DM, see if I can figure out who’s who without knowing who I am. That might be fun.

Hello to all the players I haven’t played with before. Is anyone new or have you all played before?
So, I think either Maniac was deceiving us about not reading his role PM, or deceiving us about the reason he was not reading his role PM.
Or he was fucking with you when he said it was to inform his scum teammates?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1284 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Meanwhile summit continues to be the scummiest version of himself. We should kill summit.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1285 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:34 pm
Meanwhile summit continues to be the scummiest version of himself. We should kill summit.
Who do you want to see as his counterwagon?

worcej

#1286 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm

kgray wrote:
He's still the top wagon, no need to fret.

damo666

#1287 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Neither Nanook or summit seem to care. Either will do.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1288 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Maniac wrote:

People not reading their role PM's was a meme that was mentioned almost every single game in the days of yore

BunnyGo

#1289 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:38 pm

The chlorine is more reactive to the sodium than the water. Is that right worcej?

Also, worcej, you ever learn about O2F2?
No, salt just dissolves because effectively the water molecules break the ionic bounds of Na and Cl, allowing it to become an aqueous solution.

Remember - water is weird and has both positive and negative charge on different sides of it, allowing it to covalent bond with the sodium and chlorine.

In regards to pure sodium, it reacts in water to form sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and hydrogen gas (H2). This reaction is exothermic and thus the bang.
I still cant get over the fact u chaps call it sodium over there
What do you call it?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1290 Post by TrPrado » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Maniac wrote:

If I'm remembering correctly he has done it as both, or at least announced he has. Do you think he's going to assume people check M7 to know that it's a signal? And more importantly if he really did not read it, how is he supposed to know he HAS scum teammates?

Durga

#1291 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 pm

I feel like town!summit would give a shit here.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1292 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 pm

It feels not great that Nanook got cocky in reaction to pressure that in part was saying he was too down on himself.

Durga

#1293 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:38 pm

Actually Maniac has been incredibly underwhelming so far

BunnyGo

#1294 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Nanook wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:29 pm
Nanook wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Ok I’ll rephrase

It’s baffling to me how flum thinks his read on me is good
No reads are good in day 1. It's all about the pressure baby. I'll believe you for now.

##Vote Summit
I fundamentally disagree with this kek
Yeah. Why just one big wagon?

worcej

#1295 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:39 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm
It's more the indifference without even trying to be town.

At least when you all are trying to mislynch me, I continually point out flaws in people's logic and point at the people sheeping.

Summit and Nanook are just uninterested in trying, and I definitely have no qualms getting rid of people who are not trying on D1 - they will be the detriment of our team later.

BunnyGo

#1296 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:31 pm
K I'm kinda bored of damo and I don't feel like Nanook. Someone sell me on something new
There’s still Donny...

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1297 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 pm
kgray wrote:
Who do you want to see as his counterwagon?
I don't know. I don't think Nanook is scummy. I get his frustration with Bunny and I think he seems pretty genuine. I don't have anything to compare him to though, so any argument based on meta isn't going to convince me.

I think damo and Chaqa are good options, although I'm less suspicious of Chaqa than I was a few hours ago. Damo I'm always suspicious of, but he's not doing his typical crazy too-scummy-to-be-scum nonsense that he always does as town.

So I guess damo still.

seth24c

#1298 Post by seth24c » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:39 pm

ghug wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
TrPrado wrote:

Maniac wrote:

Or he was fucking with you when he said it was to inform his scum teammates?
Or his entrance was designed to signal his scum teammates that he was the traitor.

BunnyGo

#1299 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Nanook wrote:
Yeah disinterest is super scummy you’ve certainly got that right

Idk I’m not usually gonna get super invested in a game where immediately on entering the thread someone’s a dick for no apparent reason besides their lack of sleep, followed up by being routinely insulted and called useless etc.

So yeh my investment here is fairly low d1, I’ll solve the game or most of it eventually if left alive if not then it’s whatever, do what you will 🤷‍♀️
Who's insulting you or calling you useless besides the one worcej post?
He didn’t like my non-answers about memeing. And he didn’t want to just post links like I do.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1300 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:40 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm
Maybe, but Nanook seems pretty genuine and summit seems uncomfortable. And uncomfortable summit is scum summit.